554 delivery error after changing DNS settings ?

Hi,

I recently upgraded AD from 2000 to 2003 by prompting a member server and
making it a DC and transfering all roles, catalog etc...  (old DC not
demoted yet but is switched off). This new DC also hosts DNS and WINS.

Im running exchange 2003 on an additional 2000 member server in this domain.
Im receiving emails ok  (i.e smtp pushing email to me - not using connector)
but when sending email i get the following return:

'scott_lotus@yahoo.com' on 13/09/2005 14:42

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.

<sserver.domain.COM #5.5.0 smtp;554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't
have a yahoo.com account (scott_lotus@yahoo.com) [-5] -
mta338.mail.scd.yahoo.com>

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem ?

Thanks
Scott

NOTE:

- network internet access ok i.e from a client machine i can browse to any
FQDN on the net

- in exchange, servers, smtp, default virtual server, properties, delivery,
advanced, configure i have entered an internal DNS server IP and 2 external
DNS server IPs.

- exchange server NIC uses internal DNS server IP

- net access works from this machine too.

0
nospam (155)

Hi Scott:

One good way to trouble shoot if your Exchange server is resolving DNS
correctly is to look into the SMTP log under
c:\windows\systems32\logfiles\SMTPSVC1 and look at the logs to see the
resolved IP address for the destination MX record.  Then compare to your DNS
server.  Do they match?  (Set type to MX)

I was having similar problems resolving addresses when Exchange was using
our internal DNS servers with forwarders.  I then applied the external DNS
servers to the SMTP virtual server and opened a DNS firewall rule for this
and since then it has worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.

"scott" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded AD from 2000 to 2003 by prompting a member server and
> making it a DC and transfering all roles, catalog etc...  (old DC not
> demoted yet but is switched off). This new DC also hosts DNS and WINS.
>
> Im running exchange 2003 on an additional 2000 member server in this domain.
> Im receiving emails ok  (i.e smtp pushing email to me - not using connector)
> but when sending email i get the following return:
>
> 'scott_lotus@yahoo.com' on 13/09/2005 14:42
>
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
> Please contact your system administrator.
>
> <sserver.domain.COM #5.5.0 smtp;554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't
> have a yahoo.com account (scott_lotus@yahoo.com) [-5] -
> mta338.mail.scd.yahoo.com>
>

> Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem ?
>
> Thanks
> Scott
>

> NOTE:
>
> - network internet access ok i.e from a client machine i can browse to any
> FQDN on the net
>
> - in exchange, servers, smtp, default virtual server, properties, delivery,
> advanced, configure i have entered an internal DNS server IP and 2 external
> DNS server IPs.
>
> - exchange server NIC uses internal DNS server IP
>
> - net access works from this machine too.

Pardon for saying so, but the error seems totally unrelated to anything
you've done in your environment.  The error is "This user doesn't have a
yahoo.com account".  That seems very straightforward to me.  Are you
receiving this same error for every single message you try and send out?  Or
is it just this one address?  It looks to me like it's an invalid e-mail
address.  Not your problem aside from the fact that you need to use the
correct address.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Jason LaFrance" <JasonLaFrance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Scott:
>
> One good way to trouble shoot if your Exchange server is resolving DNS
> correctly is to look into the SMTP log under
> c:\windows\systems32\logfiles\SMTPSVC1 and look at the logs to see the
> resolved IP address for the destination MX record.  Then compare to your
> DNS
> server.  Do they match?  (Set type to MX)
>
> I was having similar problems resolving addresses when Exchange was using
> our internal DNS servers with forwarders.  I then applied the external DNS
> servers to the SMTP virtual server and opened a DNS firewall rule for this
> and since then it has worked perfectly.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> "scott" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently upgraded AD from 2000 to 2003 by prompting a member server and
>> making it a DC and transfering all roles, catalog etc...  (old DC not
>> demoted yet but is switched off). This new DC also hosts DNS and WINS.
>>
>> Im running exchange 2003 on an additional 2000 member server in this
>> domain.
>> Im receiving emails ok  (i.e smtp pushing email to me - not using
>> connector)
>> but when sending email i get the following return:
>>
>> 'scott_lotus@yahoo.com' on 13/09/2005 14:42
>>
>> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
>> Please contact your system administrator.
>>
>> <sserver.domain.COM #5.5.0 smtp;554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't
>> have a yahoo.com account (scott_lotus@yahoo.com) [-5] -
>> mta338.mail.scd.yahoo.com>
>>

>> Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Scott
>>

>> NOTE:
>>
>> - network internet access ok i.e from a client machine i can browse to
>> any
>> FQDN on the net
>>
>> - in exchange, servers, smtp, default virtual server, properties,
>> delivery,
>> advanced, configure i have entered an internal DNS server IP and 2
>> external
>> DNS server IPs.
>>
>> - exchange server NIC uses internal DNS server IP
>>
>> - net access works from this machine too.

0
Ben
9/13/2005 3:53:49 PM
i think you were spot on the money !!!

im pretty strict with the outgoing protocols i allow via firewalls - i must
have changed somthing that meant the DNS settings on exchange had to go via
a net dns IP instead of internal hence i couldnt as it was blocked for that
machine.

thanks for your help
scott

0
nospam (155)
9/13/2005 4:16:19 PM
thanks for reply ben. i should have said it was happening for all domains.

sorted now.

cheers
scott

0
nospam (155)

READ / DELIVERY RECIEPTS
What is the difference in "Read" & "Delivery" reciepts? Chad <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the difference in "Read" & "Delivery" reciepts? Asked and answered already. No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman ...

While installing CRM 4.0 I get this sql server error about
I can't figure out what this is. It's clear it's turned on. I didn't install SQL server 2005, it was already on the machine, but the CRM verification list keeps giving me this error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Any help is greatly appreciated. Did you resolve this? I'm getting the sa...

error 0x800CCC92
I keep getting this error code even though my name & password are entered correctly. I cannot seem to find anyone who can help. Thanks! "Sarah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01ed01c3a49d$dfbc5bb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting this error code even though my name & > password are entered correctly. I cannot seem to find > anyone who can help. > Thanks! http://tinyurl.com/tz2u --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.536 / Virus Database: 331 ...

error LNK2005
Can anyone give me some pointers because I get this linking error which does not seem to make sense to me. I have my arrays defined in a header file and then included the header file in 5 source files. One source file at the bottom of the chain is Leg.cpp and it does not complain but all the other files claim that my arrays are already defined. I don't understand because these other files don't assign the arrays any values, but does reference these external variables. And yes I included the header file in all and declared the arrays as externs. here is the building print out: pat...

Error when printing in Vista O/S and Access 2003
I have Access 2003 running on Vista. I just got a new work station with Vista. In the past, this database worked flawlessly in XP. I am receiving this error message when I try to open a report in Vista only: "There has been a problem retreiving printer information for this object. The object may have been sent to a printer that is unavailable." There is a default printer which is working for other programs. I cannot print the report from Access. The database still prints fine when running from a workstation with XP. Please let me know if there are any bugs and/or fixes a...

error message
An error message appears when I try to open up any Word documents which=20 says "word encountered file corruption and is unable to open your=20 document. Should we attempt recovery?" I press OK and nothing happens. I've reinstalled the entire program and the problems still occur. Any = ideas to=20 fix this problem? I'd greatly appreciate it!! See here for the standard troubleshooting suggestions: http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/TroubleshootingIndex.htm (hit refresh a few times in Safari, or use a different browser) On 9/10/04 9:37 PM, "Janice P" wrote: > An...

changing case #4
Somehow I'm having trouble changing case in a spreadsheet. I brought up help but I'm missing something. I want to change everything to upper case. Help In microsoft.public.excel on Fri, 21 Sep 2007, kmkx70a <kmkx70a@prodigy.net> wrote : >Somehow I'm having trouble changing case in a spreadsheet. I brought up help >but I'm missing something. I want to change everything to upper case. Help > I think the function you need is UPPER() -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) I don't think you can easily ...

Error when creating calendar appoinment
When we create an appointment in CRM 3.0, we get an error in the 'Microsoft CRM -- Web Page Dialog' page. The error says 'An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator.' After clicking OK, the 'Scheduling Alerts -- Web Page Dialog' page appears which says 'Gnereal Failure in scheulding engine.' After then clicking on 'Ignore and Save,' it goes though fine. It does howvere apear in my Outlook calendar though. How can this error be fixed? Thanks hi there i am getting exactly the same error when trying to schedule th...

Non delivery but no NDR message being generated
has anyone ever heard of a problem where incoming mail is not delivered to the recipient from certain domains and a NDR is never sent back to the sender? This is baffling me. No Error messages anywhere, not even a NDR. i can see the SMTP engine connecting to the remote email server but the message never gets to the recipient. What's even stranger is that it only happens on certain domain. Any help would really be appreciated sabonbas Exchange server 2k3 ON Domain Controller That domain could be suppressing NDR's for what ever reason. One of our subsidiaries does that. It w...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

Error When set form at Startup
I have made a copy of a working db -to shrink its size- everything goes well until I set the User ID form at the Startup. Then when I close and re-open I get this error in the File List Module- It is a compile Error- invalid use of New Keyword. I am confused as it works when it is set this way before I copied the Tables, queries, and modules into the new blank database. Help!! I have to shrink this for our customer. It stops on the DIM of the conflict table. Option Compare Database Public Function MyResolver() Dim Db As Database Dim Td As TableDef Dim Confli...

Error 554
We just installed a new Exchange 2000 server and have since started getting this message for select domains. #5.5.0 smtp;554 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname. We aren't sure what is going on. It sounds like they are trying to do a reverse lookup on our Exchange server, but I am not sure. Our setup works like this: Incoming SMTP goes to a spam filter (local box) which forwards valid requests on to the Exchange server. Any clues? Thanks McGraw <McGraw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We just installed a new Exchange 2000 server and have since started ge...

"554 <name1-name2@bluewin.ch> Relay access denied." Email didn't.
I attempted to email a friend in Switzerland at: "name1-name2@bluewin.ch" (I actually used a hyphenated name rather than name1-name2.) This is a new computer and new email address for my friend. The email was returned as undeliverable with this notation: "554 <name1-name2@bluewin.ch> Relay access denied." What does this mean, and, more importantly, what must I do to successfully transmit email to this address? Thank you. Jim A relay is often presented by an SMTP Gateway that is trying to pass on the message to another Gateway/Mail server. What you want to ...

Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual
I am getting this error @ every 90 minutes. I have search KBs, google, eventid this news group and tried a ton of fixes but I have not been able to stop this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. error message event id: 8207 source: MSExchangeFBPublish Description: Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine [servername]. The error number is 0x8004010f. Exchange 2000? Have you installed the post-sp3 rollup? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819793 Have you tried re-creating the F/B system folder? http://support.microsoft.com...

SignedXML throws error
When I try to used the CheckSignature Method of SignedXML I get the following error. "Unknown transform has been encountered. at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.Reference.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedInfo.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.Signature.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.LoadXml(XmlElement value)\r\n at SAML.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\\omtest\\saml\\form1.cs:line 295" string Any ideas what might be going wrong,...

Changing user listed in Splash Screen
When we launch Office applications on our Macs the splash screen displays the name of the user that Office is registered to. We don't normally register Office to our individual users, but it must pull their name from somewhere and put it in the splash screen. My question is, where does it get this information and how can I change it, short of reinstalling Office? If a user leaves the company or we put someone else on a particular computer we'd like to change this. It's not a big deal, but just wondered if there is a way to do this. Thanks, Beth bphillips <bphillips@fastline....

how to change text of a part of a sentence automatically
Hi, I would like to know, how can I select part of a sentence Range object and change it's text automatically. Hi, The following macro demonstrates the simplest way to change part of the sentence in which the cursor is located. Note that it doesn't do anything if the search text is not found. Sub ReplaceTextInSentence() Dim OldText As String Dim NewText As String OldText = InputBox("Type the text that you want to replace.") NewText = InputBox("Type the new text.") With Selection.Sentences(1).Find .Text = Ol...

missing emails, random delivery
when i try to send an email with a word document attachment, delivery is not certain. I have tested to as many different email addresses as possible, some get the email, others don't. there does not seem to be any pattern. operating system is Windows xp professional, using outlook 2003, word 2003. i have tested using outlook and internet mail via I.E. No pattern. Any ideas? Thanks! there are a number of possible causes for missing mail - are the recipients email servers blocking mail with attachments? do they use a spam filter that is catching your messages? are the attachments la...

Error upon installing GP 9.0 year-end update
Hello: Yesterday, since a client needed to have the year-end update for GP 9.0, I installed the update which includes service pack 3. I got the following message on all workstations but not the server: "A product on the computer is on a different version than the database version". Since the settings at the server and workstations were the same, per the dynamics.set file, I resolved the error by copying down the server's GP folder to the workstations. Issue resolved. Are there any problems with having a server's GP 9.0 folder residing on the workstations? Thanks! ...

Error Message 631
Hi there, When ever I go to connect to the Internet via Outlook 2000, I receive the error Message "Error 631 - the port was disconnected by the user" and am disconnected. If I connect via opening IE I have no problem Thoughts?? To what do you connect and how? To your ISP or to your organization? Is the connection type to a VPN or RAS server? Does Outlook work once you are connected? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Ori...

Outlook does not d/l entire imap message, though it is set to
I am using Outlook 2007 and am having trouble getting it to consistently download an entire message instead of just the headers. I went into Define Send/Receive Groups to specify the particular folder in question, and selected it as being one for which all items incl. attachments should be completely downloaded. However, many times it only grabs the header. Is this a bug? And how can I make it always download the complete item? Thanks, Garrett "Garrett" <Garrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:710C17CC-B12C-452F-BF95-DC2317E572A6@microso...

Delivery Failure #4.4.7 on Exchange 2003
I'm getting the following error in a multi-server Exchange 2003 environment. External emails seem to be relaying correctly. This error message message seems to be limited to only certain domains. Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <CHITDSEXC04.tds.corp.company.org #4.4.7> Thanks in advance for any assistance. I'm receiving the following error message on messages sent to certain email domains: Doe, John on 6/6/2005 2:29 AM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or cont...

Exchange mailbox rights set as noninherited #4
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0115_01C58400.C12F0DC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, We have quite strange problem, with mailbox exchange rights inherited, = as well as explicitly set. For example... There are two mailboxes... lets call them "dummy1" and "dummy2"... At the storage group with these mailboxes permissions are applied for = group exchange administrators, which say that the group should not have access = to the mailboxes in the storage group. If I c...

lost in error 3075
Help! I am trying to modify another's code to use a form to input a date (datbegin) in a query (see below) instead of having to manually change it. I dimensioned datbegin as Date and set datebegin = [Forms]![frmMK]![lbodatbegin] and with MsgBox I know that part is working. However, I get the 3075 error pointing to this: Set rstMKTable = db.OpenRecordset(strQry) I did this Dim rstMKTable As DAO.Recordset, hopefully correctly from postings re error 3061. strQry = "SELECT ACME.STATION_ID, ACME_PAR.PARAM_NAME, ACME.SAMP_DATE, ACME.VALUE, ACME.FLAG, ACME.UNITS...

sorry, another myisam05.dll error that is crashing Microsoft Money
I have been working with Money 2005 (been a user since 1998) for over 6 months. suddenly, just opening my money file is giving the dreaded 'Microsoft Money has encountered an error and has to close'. i have set it up such that i access my data through my passport account. but i cannot for the life of me figure out what to do. i have read several KB discussions but my symptoms don't seem to be exactly the same. i say OK to report the error and then it restarts Money - sometimes it stays for a while allowing me to look at different tabs such as bills, portfolio but sometim...