550 5.7.1 error when others send email to us

We have Exchange 2003 and have two domains set up and they have been working
fine for years.  We recently added a third domain but senders to this domain
get a "remote host said: 550 5.7.1.  Unable to relay" when they send email to
it.  The new domain has been added under recipient policy and the mx records
are correct.

All our IT professionals have been scratching their heads over this
one....please help!
0
larya (2)

Go into your recipient policy and edit the new address.  Make sure that the
box is checked that states "This Exchange Organization is responsible for
all mail delivery to this address".  If that isn't checked, Exchange doesn't
know it is authoritative and able to accept mail for that domain.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"larya" <larya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have Exchange 2003 and have two domains set up and they have been
> working
> fine for years.  We recently added a third domain but senders to this
> domain
> get a "remote host said: 550 5.7.1.  Unable to relay" when they send email
> it.  The new domain has been added under recipient policy and the mx
> records
> are correct.
>
> All our IT professionals have been scratching their heads over this
> one....please help!

0
Ben
1/13/2005 8:50:51 PM
That box actually is checked.  Do you have any other ideas?  Thanks.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Go into your recipient policy and edit the new address.  Make sure that the
> box is checked that states "This Exchange Organization is responsible for
> all mail delivery to this address".  If that isn't checked, Exchange doesn't
> know it is authoritative and able to accept mail for that domain.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "larya" <larya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have Exchange 2003 and have two domains set up and they have been
> > working
> > fine for years.  We recently added a third domain but senders to this
> > domain
> > get a "remote host said: 550 5.7.1.  Unable to relay" when they send email
> > it.  The new domain has been added under recipient policy and the mx
> > records
> > are correct.
> >
> > All our IT professionals have been scratching their heads over this
> > one....please help!

0
larya (2)

550 Not local host, not a gateway
Help! I am unable to reply to any messages in my 2002 version of MS Outlook. They all come back with the 550 not local host, not a gateway error message. I am so frustrated. Talk to your ISP to verify your SMTP server settings. okcrowl wrote: > Help! I am unable to reply to any messages in my 2002 > version of MS Outlook. They all come back with the 550 > not local host, not a gateway error message. I am so > frustrated. ...

Printing #7
Is there anyway to print an email directly from the main Outlook 2007 screen and have the same Print Dialog facilities available that I have in other Office components- particularly page range. Does anyone know of any 3rd party products that address this deficiency. I know I can open the email in a viewer, then open it in IE and print from there - but that approach is not fit for purpose, because I don't know the email subject - often the most important information!!, I don't know who sent the email, I don't know the date on which it was sent I don't know to whom it was ...

Exchange 2000 language error 1085
Help please got a 1085 error in the event logs on the exchange 2000 server for the MSExchangeIS - error says the following: Some data referred to the code page <value> that is currently not supported by the operating system Does this mean we do not have support for certain languages. Has someone received an email with some unsupported format in it. We dont want to particularly support other languages. thanks -- Kath Someone is connecting to your exchange server with a localized client. If the intent is not to support other languages, why do you have clients that are localiz...

Error 2147212595
I ran database check in Store Operations Administrator but i get this error message: Error 2147212595: Table error: Object ID 0, Index ID 0, page ID (1:488390). the page ID in the page header=(0:0) Even when i re-index, i still get the same message. Any idea what this is all about? Tnx. \Franco Email:fmanuel@gisimplement.com Joseph Franco Manuel wrote: > Even when i re-index, i still get the same message. Any idea what this is > all about? > Tnx. Do you have enterprise manager of sql server or another utility that can verify database integrity? antonio Yes we have E...

OWA authentication #5
OWA authentication Anyone knows why OWA 2003 would not ask password, and open Other users e-mail boxes. I can not use OWA 2003 because of his reason. I have check all the IIS settings, compared with working exchange. All mail box rights are checked as well. OWA is running on SSL, still same problem Any help would be awesome Thanks Guys Happy New Year everyone Oz My understanding is that someone was able to open other people's mailbox without a password. I advise to check if the user has full mailbox access permission. This configuration could be check in ADUC, double click someone'...

Trouble saving and Sending Publisher Doc in an email
I created a news letter in publisher and when I send it from publisher there are white bars that come up in different places for different veiwers. But when I try to save the doc into another format and copy/paste into an email it comes out blurry. I also tried to copy it into an email and save the email as an email doc and it comes out blurry. I need to save this newsletter in a format that will allow me to send it as an attachment so that another user that does not have publisher can send it as an email. Please help!!!! There are a number of freeware PDF applications--pdf995 and cu...

macros #5
i needed a program to set up number combinations and somebody gave me one my only problem is i dont know how to use it i cut and pasted it to visual basic and now i dont know what to do Joel provided two subs......the Sub Cominations() which runs Sub recursive(ByVal Level As Integer, ByVal Position As Integer) Since you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on "getting started". http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In the meantime.......... First...create a backup copy of your original workbook. To create a General...

excel calculation errors
Does anyone know (1) why excel computes the square of 111,111,111 incorrectly to 12345678987654300, and (2) if this error suggests other errros in other calculations? It's not an error really, if you look in help (excel specifications and limits) you can se that the number precision of 15 digits max, everything beyond will be truncated thus the 0 zeros you get at the end -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "art" <art@heimbachresearch.com> wrote in message news:0bde01c38f21$5343f080$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know (1) why excel computes the square of > 111,111,11...

Exchg5.5 not receiving outside email
I can send & receive mail from within my organization. I can send mail to the outside but I CANNOT receive email from outside the domain. When I send an email to the domain (from the outside) I immediately get : "x.x.x.x. does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Unable to relay for user@domain.com Giving up on x.x.x.x" Any ideas? Where do I start? Thanks . "Invictus" <howens@nospam.healthvelocity.com> wrote: >I can send & receive mail from within my organization. I can send mail to >the outside but I CANNOT receive email from outside...

Block outbound attachments to specific email domain
is there a way to block all email attachments outbound to a specific email domain while allowing attachments to all other domains to go out? I have exchange server 2000 SP3 and post sp3 rollup running on Windows 2000 Server SP4. Have Symantec Mail Security for SMTP 4.1.4 and Symantec Mail Security for MS Exchange version 4.6 and can't find a way to do it. "Mike Baugh" <Mike Baugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is there a way to block all email attachments outbound to a specific email >domain while allowing attachments to all other domains to go out? ...

'no entry' sign on my junk email and an empty junk email box?
I have recently had my junk email box overlayed with an extra envelope with a no-entry sign and nothing is coming into my junk email box at all. Also - for some reason - all my facebook notifications were going into the junk email box along with the odd professional email that had gone astray. Now the box is just empty every day. So how do I get rid of the 'no entry' sign and where are all my eamils?! That "no entry" sign is the standard folder icon of the Junk E-mail folder. It is similar in the way that the Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Drafts, etc......

Great Plains 7.5 and Acrobat 6 Std...more woes
I'm running Great Plains 7.5 SP6 in a Terminal Services environment. Everything works great using Abrobat 5. Once I try to upgrade to Acrobat 6, it goes completely haywire. On my standalone PCs that run GP 7.5 and Acrobat 6, it runs perfectly and there are no problems whatsoever. The Terminal Server is another story though. I know that Acrobat, when it creates the PDF in the Send To (PDF) function, it saves it in the Great Plains install directory. I've given my users full access to just that directory. I've given them full access to the Adobe directory and also full ...

disk error, " no ID address"
My excel spreadsheet is saved on a 3.5 floppy. MS XP says it can't read it, "no ID address" what could cause this? Are you trying to open it directly from the floppy with Excel? If so then try copying it to your hard drive first via Explorer. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Deleted Email Returns
We are using Outlook 2002 with POP3 to retrieve email remotely from our SBS 2000 Exchange 2000 mail server. Whenever we attempt to empty our Deleted Items folder, these messages return as new messages in the Inbox. However, when we access the email via OWA, deletes behave themselves and the messages deleted from Outlook don't appear. This is causing quite a problem. How can we resolve it? Thanks - Larry -- Larry Lentz, MCSE+Internet & W2K, MCDBA GoldMine Certified Professional Lentz Computer Services www.LentzComputer.Net Larry@LentzComputer.Net I have the same problem and it is ...

Knowledge Consistency problem (5.5)
Has anyone had the following error, and more importantly a fix for it, when running the "Check Now" for the "Check knowledge consistency" "The knowledge consistency check did not correct directory inconsistencies. Be sure the directory service is running, and then try again. If the error recurs, try stopping the directory service and Administrator program and then restarting them. To view details of the error, see the application event log in the Windows NT Event Viewer on the Microsoft Exchange computer on which you checked knowledge consistency. Microsoft Ex...

Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error
Today my outlook 2000 started showing "Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error" when I try to delete an e-mail. I could not find this on Microsoft support. Does anyone know what causes this. Thanks John ...

MS Exchange 5.5 help
IS it possible in MS Exchange 5.5 for restricting some users for not sending Internet mails.Only I need to give access to intranet, they should be able to send only to company not externally. I understand and i really appreciate for your help. I already removed SMTP address for the test user, but still that user is able to send mails to Internet. I am still not able to understand this properly. On delivery restrictions tab I did accept messages from all,and in reject messages what should i do ? HELP,please explain me clearly.thanks >-----Original Message----- >"Hazy" <an...

Searching for Emails assigned with Categories
My boss has marked some emails with categories. I have full permission to his inbox and sub folders and have added his mailbox to my outlook. However when I search, selecting a specific category(ies) I can only do this on a folder by folder basis. Is there any way I can do a global search of the category(ies) I want without having to select each folder individually run the search then move on to the next folder. I know you have a search folders section which can display categories for yourself but even with full permission to my boss's outlook inbox I don't see...

ADC Installation failed/Exch 5.5 to 2003 Upgrade
We are preparing to upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Our AD migration occured some time ago and has been working without any problems. We have a Windows 2000 (SP4) DC and a Windows 2003 (SP1) DC. The Windows 2000 DC holds all FSMO roles. Exchange 5.5 is on a Windows 4.0 server (SP6a) which is configured as a BDC. We ran DCDIAG, NetDiag and verified proper DNS resolution. We are installing Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 (SP1) member server. When attempting to install ADC, after it finished updating the schema, it failed with the following error. No mapping between account names and securi...

Exchange 5.5 question #3
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for this question. I'm trying to find a list of all exchange 5.5 patches that were pushed out during 2006. So far, I've only found 1 - I don't know where else to look or search at but here where some of the MS guru's may know. TIA Nancy Stevens nstevens@tycoint.com Exchange5.5 extended support ended in Jan 2006, that means no hotfix/sp will be released from that point on. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/support/lifecycle/changes.mspx http://support.microsoft.com/?LN=en-us&pr=lifecycle&scid=gp%3B%5Bl...

Workflow Manager
I created a simple MSCRM 3.0 workflow using the Workflow Manager and activated it. However, my workflow does not seem to be firing. This is what the workflow contains: When opportunity status is changed if Opportunity.Status = Won then if Opportunity.<Account> not null then Update: Account.Relationship Type = Customer end if if Opportunity.<Contact> not null then Update: Contact.Contact Type = Consulting Customer end if end if I went to the Workflow Monitor and noticed that my workflow showed up as "Paused". I checked the Microsoft CRM Workflow S...

How to set up connector between 5.5 and 2003
I've installed ex2003 in 5.5 site, how do I set up connector for ex2003 so the moved users can send and receive e-mails Thanks a lo Marcin ...

Error 550
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'address@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Tech', Account: 'srv1.statiknet.dynalias.net', Server: 'srv1.statiknet.dynalias.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for address@hotmail.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 I get this message after 2 weeks of successful mail transmission from my domain to the external domain. I've not changed any settings except enabled Inte...

Error on communication with OLE server or ActiveX
I get this message "Error on communication with OLE server or ActiveX control" when I try to open a form or execute some VBA code. What is the solution? -- gabi braharu ...

import email acc for outlook 2k to outlook 2002
I just installed outlook 2002 and normali use outlook 2000, I exported the email account with iaf extension, but I cannot find in outlook 2002 where I can import them. ...