5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy

I have a server running win2003 and exchange 2003. When sending to one email
address the following bouncback message is received, "There was a SMTP
communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your
system administrator.
  <ascrs_2k.ascrs.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy.> "

The server sending the message is our exchange server. I am not sure where a
policy was set that could be denying this from being sent out. Any help would
be appreciated.

0
Jeff_S (1)

Jeff_S <Jeff_S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a server running win2003 and exchange 2003. When sending to one email
>address the following bouncback message is received, "There was a SMTP
>communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your
>system administrator.
>  <ascrs_2k.ascrs.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy.> "
>
>The server sending the message is our exchange server.

That's true, but your server is only reporting the status returned by
the other (target) server.

>I am not sure where a
>policy was set that could be denying this from being sent out.

The policy is at the other end of the connection. :)

>Any help would
>be appreciated.

Verify your IP address isn't on some DNS RBL. Start by checking
www.openrbl.org.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

That link is nice but I prefer www.dnsstuff.com where you can see the
RBLs that you are not listed on as well.

  Gyula Karakas
  orf support
  www.vamsoft.com/orf

Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:
> Verify your IP address isn't on some DNS RBL. Start by checking
> www.openrbl.org.

0
Karakas
11/3/2004 11:21:58 AM
Thanks for your help. I will see if the domain is listed anywhere.

"Karakas, Gyula [vamsoft]" wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> That link is nice but I prefer www.dnsstuff.com where you can see the
> RBLs that you are not listed on as well.
>
>   Gyula Karakas
>   orf support
>   www.vamsoft.com/orf
>
> Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:
> > Verify your IP address isn't on some DNS RBL. Start by checking
> > www.openrbl.org.

0
JeffS (6)

Printing on 5.5"x8.5" paper
I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use. Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!? What version Publisher? You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the size in page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@di...

Pictures #5
When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you can only open one at a time in photo editor. Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures in the message area and when opened I will be able to scroll down for viewing? Thank you Mary Lou mlherrick@timrongear.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you > can only open one at a time in photo editor. > > Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures > in the message area and when opened I will be able to > scroll down for v...

find #5
is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a user can enter certain criterias and then they click search and the computer searches thorough the data in the workbook and then sends back all the results matching the criteria? In xl2002+, you can specify "within workbook" under the options button on the find dialog. In all versions, you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/ ash wrote: > > is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a > user can enter certain criterias and then they click > search and the computer s...

RMS Store Ops 2.0- Points balance SQL trigger
Hi, is anyone using the Purchase Limits feature in Store Ops 2.0? We'd like to allocate points to various items and then set limits on what employees can purchase in a month. For various reasons, when it comes to purchase limits we're going for points as opposed to item value. Anyway, setting up the Purchase Limits with points is the easy part. The hard part is to keep track of the points balance. There's nothing within the Customer Properties for this, but I'm wondering if someone has an idea on how to utilise one of the other useless fields, possibly with an SQL trig...

Can't get a 0 to show on the x-axis!
I am trying to chart a single line graph to show the variation in decibels over a period of 600 seconds. I am unable to get the category axis to show a 0 at the origin on the x-axis - the best I can do is to show it at 1, 51, 101 etc. If I try to change the value to 0 by formatting the axis I am told that the value 0 is invalid. Can anyone tell me how to get the x-axis scale starting from 0? Many thanks, Noel I am using Excel 2002 (SP3) Sorry, I have just discovered that I need to use an XY Scatter graph and not a Line one! Noel "Noel S Pamfree" <Noel.spamfree@hot...

Exchange 5.5 problems #2
Howdy: I am running an E 5.5 server on NT4 all patched A new porblem Howdy: I am running an E5.5 server on NT4 all patched A problem has come up where all the services are running and users who are connected to the E 5.5 work correctly, however, the E5.5 suddenly becomes "lost". Users who try to open outlook get: "information store cannot be opened" Trying to Check Name on the Outlook services gets: "Name cannot be resolved" The E5.5 responds to ping Opening the MEA gets an odd error message that Micro$oft has no answer, nor can I get an answer through goog...

Error 5.5.5
Some clients email isn't allowed to come into the firms Exchane 2k spk 4 server. The error reads "Requested mail action aborted. Exceeded storage allocation". This user has a clean mailbox. and the mail doesn't come through. this happens to different account within our company. Please open up my understanding. Thank you. ...

Migrating users from 5.5 to 5.5, What needs to be copied??
We are currently having problems with our Exchange server 5.5 running service pack3. We want to migrate all the users settings to another server running windows 2000 server and using windows exchange server 5.5. What exactly needs to be be backed up so that we will be able to get all users settings from the old box??? If you're moving to new hardware, and the existing server is up to it, then you can achieve the move with practically no downtime following the Ed Crowley method... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm Good luck, Chris www.msexchange.co.uk >----...

How to evaluate disk spaces for integrating Exchange with CRM 3.0
Dears, As I know, it is a big selling-point for integrating Exchange with CRM 3.0. However, the activities among Exchange and CRM seems to be very traditional. Exchange just forward emails to CRM and save to CRM's SQL DB. It's now a problem that the activities always replicate and replicate emails, and eat out of the disk space. How to improve the situation? Thx. It should not eat up server space. Ok. Some mail are stored both in Exchange and CRM. But this is basically why you want a CRM system.... Let me give a little more explanation. The CRM Exchange E-mail router, if ...

all email items read 0
I have sent messages and deleted messages which show up when opening folders, but in Outlook Today, all messages read 0 as though there are none? I think that shows the number of unread messages in those folders "jabbott" <jabbott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:328A4A67-1D06-458B-B396-D646C0952BDC@microsoft.com... >I have sent messages and deleted messages which show up when opening >folders, > but in Outlook Today, all messages read 0 as though there are none? jabbott <jabbott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have sent messa...

SFO offline - Acess denied
Hi, I have been watching the same ole SFO offline 'access denied' error being brought up over and over again in this group. After finally locating the 'regedit' "change the value from 11 to 00" as posted and finding it worked can anyone tell me if this problem has been addressed by MS? Before you ask - My hostname is 9 characters (from previous postings) Now as much as I like to use regedit (sic!) it gets all a bit tedious if I have to keep making the change every time I want to use offline SFO After attending the ANZ partner conference and temporarily believ...

RMS 2.0 #5
Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was activated to back office computer instead of the POS. How can i correct this? What is the procedure to deactivate the product key at the back office and re-activate it at POS? Please help, very urgent! Thank you! You need to call Microsoft and move the license. Use the number under the Help file in any RMS module. They should be able to help you. "Francis Reyes" wrote: > Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was > activated to back office computer instead of the ...

relay 5.5 to 5.5?
Hello, We have an Exchange 5.5 server running in a Chicago office that has ATT DSL. The server sends out mail on users behalf. ATT refuses to make DNS entry for server because "they own the IP address". As a result, some customers refuse to accept mail from the mail server because it won't resolve on a reverse DNS lookup. This office gets it's mail from us in Boston. People send email to our domain, and our Exchange server routes it to those users as they are set up as Custom Recipients. This works great. Is there any way to set up Exchange 5.5 to send mail fr...

Outlook 2002 error #5
Does anyone know why Outlook will not receive incoming mail, but will send outgoing mail. POP3 and SMTP are confirmed addresses. Thanks for the help. Do you get any error messages when trying to receive? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jess" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:699701c3e6c9$ec970100$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know why Outlook will not receive incoming > mail, but will send outgoing mail. POP3 and SMTP are > confirmed addr...

Moving CRM 3.0 SQL Databases
I have a requirment to move the CRM databases from one SQL server in a Domain (Customers) to another SQL server in a different domain (MyDomain). i have created a new CRM server in MyDomain and would like to move the customers data to MYSQL server. Can anybody suggest the best method to achieve this miogration? Use the redeployment tools found on the CD. Should be in a folder named Redeploy. "Steve Haggerty" wrote: > I have a requirment to move the CRM databases from one SQL server in a Domain > (Customers) to another SQL server in a different domain (MyDomain). i h...

unable to change pass in Ex 5.5
Hi, Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of the users i am unable to change password from OWA giving error 2147023569. My certificate has expired. How can i resole this problem. Regards Darshan Didn't I answer your Tuesday's question? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/57456da2615b299e/03751d3b6b6dc287?lnk=st&q=insubject:Unbale+insubject:changing+insubject:password+insubject:from+insubject:OWA&rnum=1&hl=ru#03751d3b6b6dc287 Darshan Diora wrote: > Hi, > Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of th...

CR 4.0 Slide Deck
Hi CRM people ! We are busy preparing in Philadelphia to get everyone (that's over 60 callers) up to speed on key campaign messages for the roll out of CRM 4.0. Is there a standardized Slide Deck that I could use to start to train these telemarketers who will be calling on companies throughout the US to generate opportunities that will go directly to the MS Partner channel? Rather than build my own deck - if there is a standard one that I could utilize please let me know or send it to me at: TZimmerman@marketresourcepartners.com Thanks! -- Terrie ZZ I got some material for CRM...

where is MSCRM 3.0?
I am a certified partner with access to the partner site and the MSDN universal subscription site but do not see the release that was suppose to be available Saturday? Am I missing something? Thanks. Don Not as far as I can tell. Looks like the beta release has slipped. No word from MS. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "dbj" wrote: > I am a certified partner with access to the partner site and the MSDN > universal subscription site but do not see the release that was suppose to > be available Saturday? Am I missing something? Thanks. > >...

Exchange 5.5 #24
Unable to send email to a few different domains. Please advise >-----Original Message----- >Unable to send email to a few different domains. Please >advise >. > Since you said a few domains, do you have reverse dns for your mail server? Some mail server refuse mails if it is not set. Or maybe their mail server is temporary unavailable, could you check their MX record and test the connection manually ? With regards, Stefan I tried to send an email to this address alimento.augusto@libero.it and it came back with this error message "Unable to deliver the message d...

MS office accounting professional 2009 access denied when bootin
I came into work today and when I booted up the computer and tried to open MOA professional 2009 I got an access denied message, I have got this before and just rebooted the computer and MOA opened ok but not this time. No matter what I have tried the message says I don`t have access to the program. Can anyone help with this? Thank you Ed ...

migrate 5.5 to 2003
Is necessary to install 2003 in coexistence mode to use the migration wizard to import mailboxes andpublic folders from 5.5 to a new 2003 installation ? The migration wizard can only be used when the source and destination Exchange server are in different Exchange Orgs and the migration wizard will not do public folders for you. "Miliuccio" <middiuzzo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:chrqm2$503$1@newsread.albacom.net... > Is necessary to install 2003 in coexistence mode > to use the migration wizard to import mailboxes andpublic folders from 5.5 > to a new 2003 ...

"reply to" address in Exhcange 5.5
Is there a way to set a different "reply to" address for all e-mails sent from the sending address? The goal is to have a user click on "reply" and have the e-mail routed to a different user than the one who sent the message - in this case to go to a person instead of an unmonitored box. If not, could a rule be set up to automatically forward replies to another box? Thanks, Marc marc_medina@hotmail.com ...

Dynamics 11.0 Features List
I understand that maybe by April 2010 we will see this new version released. We have to budget 2010 now, so I need to find out what kind of features will be available in this new version so we can determine if it's something worthwhile to upgrade to. Does anyone have an enhancement document? We will be publishing a feature list at the beta timeframe, January 2010. We will be posting an updated Statement of Direction in the next week to PartnerSource, it will have a partial list of functionality. Thanks, Pam "Luvsql" wrote: > I understand that maybe by April 2010 w...

How can I discover who accessed Exchange 5.5 server with Outlook 2
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that has been accessed by someone with an Outlook 2003 client. This has caused OWA to stop working. How can I discover which mailbox has been accessed by the Outlook 2003 client? Regards When you look at the Logons information under the Private infomration store, it should show the last time they were accessed, and should also display which client accessed the mailbox. Outlook 2003 should show a client version of 11.0 Also, to be fair, this is a very well known issue, and the hotfix has been available for a long time. The KB article was published back ...

Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are needed for Exchange 5.5?
Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are needed for Exchange 5.5? In short of making a spreadsheet of all MS Security Bulletin and Knowledge Base question I was hoping MS would have a list. Thanks in advance. Steve I use this site http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx Just put your current product and service pack level and it will answer you with the post sp KB's Hope this helps. David "steve" <mis.removethis@johnhcarter.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:6c2501c42ee9$c9bed140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a definitive list of what ...