5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy

I have a server running win2003 and exchange 2003. When sending to one email
address the following bouncback message is received, "There was a SMTP
communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your
system administrator.
  <ascrs_2k.ascrs.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy.> "

The server sending the message is our exchange server. I am not sure where a
policy was set that could be denying this from being sent out. Any help would
be appreciated.

0
Jeff_S (1)

Jeff_S <Jeff_S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a server running win2003 and exchange 2003. When sending to one email
>address the following bouncback message is received, "There was a SMTP
>communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your
>system administrator.
>  <ascrs_2k.ascrs.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy.> "
>
>The server sending the message is our exchange server.

That's true, but your server is only reporting the status returned by
the other (target) server.

>I am not sure where a
>policy was set that could be denying this from being sent out.

The policy is at the other end of the connection. :)

>Any help would
>be appreciated.

Verify your IP address isn't on some DNS RBL. Start by checking
www.openrbl.org.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

That link is nice but I prefer www.dnsstuff.com where you can see the
RBLs that you are not listed on as well.

  Gyula Karakas
  orf support
  www.vamsoft.com/orf

Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:
> Verify your IP address isn't on some DNS RBL. Start by checking
> www.openrbl.org.

0
Karakas
11/3/2004 11:21:58 AM
Thanks for your help. I will see if the domain is listed anywhere.

"Karakas, Gyula [vamsoft]" wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> That link is nice but I prefer www.dnsstuff.com where you can see the
> RBLs that you are not listed on as well.
>
>   Gyula Karakas
>   orf support
>   www.vamsoft.com/orf
>
> Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:
> > Verify your IP address isn't on some DNS RBL. Start by checking
> > www.openrbl.org.

0
JeffS (6)

.NET Framework 3.0 for BP4
Hi all, I am trying to upgrade BP3 to BP4, and BP4 requires .Net Framework 3.0, and i have installed that ASP .NET 3.0, but the BusinessPortalPrerequisiteChecker.exe does find that .NET is installed, still says the requirement for .NET 3.0 is failed. Any idea??? thanks Jun Joe Hi Joe Here is excert from a KB article: "You must have the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 installed to install Business Portal. If both versions of the ..NET Framework are already installed on the computer that is to run Business Portal, you can safely ignore error the ...

Exporting/Importing contacts from CRM 3.0
Hello! I have two servers, one running Windows 2003 server standard edition and one running Windows 2003 SBS. I installed CRM 3.0 on the standard edition server last year and have since installed onto the SBS server. I installed on the new server as a new database and I want to import the contacts from the other server as easy as possible. Can someone point me in the right direction? I don't want to retype all the contacts into the new server. Thank you!!! Jason Hi Jason, You can export existing contacts to excel and than import that excel as contacts in new CRM implementation. I...

Adding additional smtp domains?
Currently in a mixed mode with 2003/5.5 servers in our first site and a 5.5 server in the second site. We have mail setup so that all users have an @defaultdomain.com address - this is configured on the Default recipient policy, and the 2 policies that have been auto-generated that have the same names as the exisiting sites. We have some users who need to receive mail for other domains that we own. I'm not clear on the best way to tell Exchange 2003 to accept mail for these domains, but not to automatically add or modify any existing email addresses. We're talking half a doz...

Group policy 2k8:an old software (test) package is causing GPO err
At one point in time, forwhatever reason, there was a package "tested" in the default domain policy.. (which also meant it got pushed to servers potentially)... I removed this from group policy a long while ago.. now, as i'm preparing to goto 2008 R2, i ran dcdiag and noticed a ton of errors.. like these: An Warning Event occurred. EventID: 0x00000065 Time Generated: 01/29/2010 12:25:17 Event String: The assignment of application Wise InstallTailor 6.0 from policy Default Domain Policy failed. The error was : %%1274 ...

Upgrade from CRM 3.o trial to CRM 4.0 trial
Does anyone know how to do this. I started using the CRM 3.0 trial. The trail has expired. It does not make sence forme to purchase a 3.o license since 4.0 just came out. Does anyone know how to upgrade from the 3.0 trial to the 4.0 trial? It will the same upgrade as it was for a regular v3.0. Start with the v4.0 trial keys: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a9c110fd-aac8-4d2a-b401-7801b1866e82&DisplayLang=en For upgrade details, reference the Implementation Guide v4.0: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1CEB5E01-DE9F-48C0-8CE2-51633EBF4714...

Adding a 0 to a four digit number
I have 4000+ zipcodes in a .csv file that I have imported to excel. The .csv file shows all zipcodes that start with 0 as a for digit number instead of 5. I need to add the 0 infront of the four that show up. for example 19601 fills in correctly 08054 shows as 8054 I need an if then statement that basically says if 4 digits then add a 0 infront is 5 digits remain the same. -- jermsalerms ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30167 View this thread: http://www.exc...

Exchange 5.5 problem with NDR
Hello, I've got a problem with my Exchange 5.5 Server. I've applied the hotfix n� 837794 with allow to control the generation of the NDR. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;837794 I put in the registry, the DWORD value SuppressNDROptions = 1. No more NDR !!! But it's not the behavior I've expected. In fact, all I wanted was to block and delete the messages in the sending queue with "<>" as originator and "host unreachable" status when trying to send notification... Any idea ? Thanks Franck. Filtering for Blank Senders i...

Losing leading 0 when saving as .csv
Hello, I've got Excel 2002. I've got an address file that I need to save as a .csv file. In the file are ZIP codes that begin with 0. These leading 0's are being dropped when I save as a .csv file. Here's what I've tried so far to keep the leading 0's in .csv: 1) In the .xls file, selected the ZIP column (column G) and formated the cells as Text. Then saved as .xls and then saved as .csv. When I then open the .csv file, the leading 0's are missing. If I open the .xls file, the leading 0's are intact. 2) After opening the .csv file created in step 1, I a...

Decomissiong E2k SMTP Problem
I installed a new E2k3 server sp2 on a Server 2003 machine. I had a server 2000 E2k server handling email. If I stop the SMTP service on the old server, mail does not get through. Any idea's? TIA, Eric Yes, the connectors are probably homed to the Ex2k server. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 This is a good guide to removing the old 2k server - point 9 briefly discusses moving the connectors. Also, you will need to check your firewall allows mail to be sent out from and in to the new Ex server. "Eric K" <EricK@discussions.microsoft.co...

Money Password #5
My wifes computer crashed. I repaired it and reinstalled all of our software. When I try to open my money file in money it asks for a password. My wife and I dont recall ever putting a password on it. Is there a way to hack it to get the password? In microsoft.public.money, Gavin Black wrote: >My wifes computer crashed. I repaired it and reinstalled >all of our software. When I try to open my money file in >money it asks for a password. My wife and I dont recall >ever putting a password on it. Is there a way to hack it >to get the password? See FAQ available at http:/...

Average #5
could this be worked out in excel? Thanks Rob what is the average no of years service ? No of years service No of people Less than 1yrs 5 More than 1 less than 3yrs 10 More than 3 less than 5yrs 14 More than 5 less than 7yrs 9 More than 7 less than 9yrs 4 More than 9 +yrs 16 -- www.robmarshall.net Hi Rob Obviously there is some source data that allowed the original allocation of numbers of people into bands. You need to work wi...

directory update exchange 5.5
I just removed a secondary smtp address from a user however after several hours the user still recieves emails from the removed address. Did i miss something tks angelo ...

Read Receipt #5
I clicked "yes" to a read receipt, and now I cannot send mail through outlook because it fails to send the read receipt. I cannot figure out how to cancel the read receipt. ...

Visual C++ 6.0
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." Popular Mechanics, 1949 Visual C++ 6.0 This is a brief review of Visual C++6.0, which was stuck on a 'scratch' machine to see what the installation effects would be before a full roll out was risked. Summary: a pretty easy upgrade, no real warnings and with some definite benefits. 1/Oct/98, May 99 Revised after more extended use. Installation For some...

Can we install Rollup 2 for CRM 1.2 Build v1.2.3297.0
Hi, We have a pending upgrade from version 1.2 to v3.0 I was thinking of istalling the rollup for ver 1.2 before upgrading to version 3.0. The current build of the server is v1.2.3297.0 The link below suggests that the build #for rollup 2 1.02.3297.173 Has any body come up with issues when installing the rollup on the 1.2 server (build is 1.2.3297.0) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=904435# Or is it better to try and directly upgrade to 3.0 rather than putting the roll up and then doing the upgrade? Suggestions Please.... If you are going to upgrade, then I would just ...

formula #5
I am working with a worksheet. As best I can explain: Cell b3 has a value of 4 If Cell b4=b3 than B4 If Cell b4<b3 than b4 I want to add that if: cell b5=b4 than b4 cell b5 <B4 than b5 The Only thing I presently have written is: IF(B4=B3,B4,IF(B4<B3,B4)) George, Try something like this- =IF(OR(B4<=B3,B5=B4),B4,IF(B5<B4,B5,"Unknown")) You'll have to decide what you want to happen, instead of "Unknown"! regards JohnI "George Yorks" <gyorks@comcast.net> wrote in message news:7b2301c37e51$d2c06220$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I...

An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM in 4.0
When one of my users tries to track his emails in CRM Outlook they get the following error message below for a single account contacts. Othe Accounts contacts work fine. Account and contacts Accept Email And Bulk Email. An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. Mike Had something similar, and best as I could determi...

opportunity error in crm 3.0 with sales workflow... help pleas
I have a weird situation with crm 3.0, running on windows server 2003 enterprise SP2. Last week I was directed to make some customizations, and to deactivate the sales process that someone had created in the opportunity section. Well, after this was done, we lost allot of our info in the opportunities. All of the opportunities for a client were then changed to the account owner�s name, instead of the salesman working on the opportunity. We noticed this after someone had pointed out that all of their opportunities with a major client had disappeared. We now need to get it back to where ...

Exch 5.5 --> Native Mode Exch 2K3
I have a 2K3 AD domain with 2 Exchange 2K3 servers (Native mode) in 1 domain(abc.com) and an Exchange 5.5 server in another domain(xyz.com) all within the 1 AD. They are in different Orgs. I have to replace the 5.5 with Exchange 2K3 server in xyz.com in it's domain, but in the abc.com Org. I think I have to extract all the emails via ExMerge, create the new server in the abc org, and put back the data. Question 1 - Can someone point me to some docs in dealing with multiple domains in one AD or Org. Most docs deal with the basics. I am interested in multiple addressbooks, sharin...

Save As #5
Hi, Can I 'Save As' to a works spreadsheet? (*.XLR) Cheers Hi no, Excel does not support this format. But you can open *.xls files in MS Works (but may loose some functionality) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Justin" <jyoung@foodstuffs-si.co.nz> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:17b901c4856f$14f0dc90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Can I 'Save As' to a works spreadsheet? (*.XLR) > > Cheers ...

Configuring Exchange 2k3 for SMTP
Hi, We have an Exchange 2003 server running for our internal use. The server is also a Windows 2003 DC/DNS server in our small domain. Does anybody know how I can configure the Exchange as an SMTP server so that it routes all our outgoing mails to the Internet? Thanks, Read this article, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html Any questions after, post back. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_poster@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23GUqzWHwEHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > &g...

Conditional formating #5
In excell 2000 Only 3 conditional formating setups can be doen to a cell ? If I need more than that how to accomplish ? You could use an event macro that changes the formatting of the cell. Here's an example culled from Google: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3F67932C.2A48DFF1%40msn.com Vijayadas Udupa wrote: > > In excell 2000 Only 3 conditional formating setups can be doen to a cell ? If I need more than that how to accomplish ? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Conditional Formatting Question #5
Using Excel 2000, can I conditionally format a row to change background color when the first column meets the condition of the current date (within a 7 day range) I would like the color to default to white unless the condition is met, then the row be highlighted to show the current weeks row. Hope I explained this well enough. Mark Strohmeyer Seems possible, but I think you will have to provide an example. I'm confused by what "within a 7 day range" means. Do you mean, 'if the date in column A is between today and 7 days from now'? If I'm guessing correctly, highl...

About 6 messages stuck in one of our outgoing smtp queues
I hope you can help me. I'm troubleshooting an issue currently with only two users with emails that are stuck in one of our outbound smtp queues. They've been stuck in there all day and I've tried forcing the connection and also unfreezing the email to no avail. I've manually connected to the smtp connectors that we have defined and am able to send emails directly from the telnet session from the server. I've also sent one of the users an email from the destination and had her reply which she did and I received it. I have double checked the mx records...

Web Sites Tab in IIS 6.0
Hi All, At my IIS 6.0, right click on Web Sites folder, select ASP.NET tab, my ASP.NET version is 2.0 and it's disable or gray out. So, I'd like to change 2.0 to 1.1 as default for CRM but I could not do it because dropdown box is disable. Anybody has any ideas how to make the change of ASP.NET version in Web Sites folder of IIS 6.0? Please advice and I'd appreciate it. That's odd. do you have the 1.1 Framework installed on the server? If so, then you could try re-registering the 1.1 framework. I'd suggest reading this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/...