5.5 to 2003 migration fails

I set up a new 2003 server as a new AD. I migrated the user accounts from my
NT4 domain using ADMT.I installed exc2003. I am now trying to migrate the
mailboxes from a exc5.5 NT4 domain to the new AD with a new organization. I
step through the exchange migration and select the mailboxes I want to
migrate. It completes, but with errors. No malboxes are migrated. The event
log says that it can not create the account and that it could not find the
mail box.

What I would realy like to do is perform a replication of the mailboxes
between the two servers until I turn off the 5.5. That is how I upgraded the
servers from 5.5 to 5.5 before. Is that possible?

0
nospam3434 (231)

I think yo need to create an ADC between your Exchange 5.5 organization and
your new AD so the user email address property is filled out......

"MS News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I set up a new 2003 server as a new AD. I migrated the user accounts from
my
> NT4 domain using ADMT.I installed exc2003. I am now trying to migrate the
> mailboxes from a exc5.5 NT4 domain to the new AD with a new organization.
> step through the exchange migration and select the mailboxes I want to
> migrate. It completes, but with errors. No malboxes are migrated. The
event
> log says that it can not create the account and that it could not find the
> mail box.
>
> What I would realy like to do is perform a replication of the mailboxes
> between the two servers until I turn off the 5.5. That is how I upgraded
the
> servers from 5.5 to 5.5 before. Is that possible?

0
ibre34 (20)
12/5/2003 1:53:37 AM
OK, I tried to set up the ADC, but had problems with the Connection
Agreement. It did not like the fact that I am changing org names.

Error: The organization o=NewOrg is already installed into this forest but
the configured 5.5 server is a member of organization o=OldOrg. Please
choose a 5.5 server in the correct Org.

How do I change Orgs?

"ibre34" <ibre34@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I think yo need to create an ADC between your Exchange 5.5 organization
and
> your new AD so the user email address property is filled out......
>
> "MS News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > I set up a new 2003 server as a new AD. I migrated the user accounts
from
> my
> > NT4 domain using ADMT.I installed exc2003. I am now trying to migrate
the
> > mailboxes from a exc5.5 NT4 domain to the new AD with a new
organization.
> > step through the exchange migration and select the mailboxes I want to
> > migrate. It completes, but with errors. No malboxes are migrated. The
> event
> > log says that it can not create the account and that it could not find
the
> > mail box.
> >
> > What I would realy like to do is perform a replication of the mailboxes
> > between the two servers until I turn off the 5.5. That is how I upgraded
> the
> > servers from 5.5 to 5.5 before. Is that possible?

0
nospam3434 (231)
12/5/2003 5:09:20 PM
Oh....you can't move user between organizations.

Reinstall Exchange 2003 and join it to your existing organization.

Regards

Isaac

> OK, I tried to set up the ADC, but had problems with the Connection
> Agreement. It did not like the fact that I am changing org names.
>
> Error: The organization o=NewOrg is already installed into this forest but
> the configured 5.5 server is a member of organization o=OldOrg. Please
> choose a 5.5 server in the correct Org.
>
> How do I change Orgs?
>
> "ibre34" <ibre34@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I think yo need to create an ADC between your Exchange 5.5 organization
> and
> > your new AD so the user email address property is filled out......
> >
> > "MS News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > > I set up a new 2003 server as a new AD. I migrated the user accounts
> from
> > my
> > > NT4 domain using ADMT.I installed exc2003. I am now trying to migrate
> the
> > > mailboxes from a exc5.5 NT4 domain to the new AD with a new
> organization.
> > > step through the exchange migration and select the mailboxes I want to
> > > migrate. It completes, but with errors. No malboxes are migrated. The
> > event
> > > log says that it can not create the account and that it could not find
> the
> > > mail box.
> > >
> > > What I would realy like to do is perform a replication of the
mailboxes
> > > between the two servers until I turn off the 5.5. That is how I
upgraded
> > the
> > > servers from 5.5 to 5.5 before. Is that possible?

0
ibre34 (20)

Switching IMC to Exch 2003
Greetings! Currently we have all the mailboxes and public folders migrated to the Exchange 2003 SP1 Back-End server. We are also running OWA on the Exchange 2003 SP1 Front-End server. And we are still using Exchange 5.5 for the internet mail (Internet Mail Connector). AD Connector replicates all the newly created accounts/contacts from AD to the Exchange 5.5,we stopped using 5.5 admin for this purposes, (and all the old accounts and contacts information from 5.5 have been already replicated to AD at the begging of the actual migration). As far as I understand you have to have a replica ...

Printing on 5.5"x8.5" paper
I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use. Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!? What version Publisher? You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the size in page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@di...

Display name showing in autosuggest not the person's name Outlook 2003
Dear Group Anyone know why autosuggest suggests the person's actual email address and not the person's name. I have five Ben's in my contact and the email addresses are cryptic so I can never tell which Ben it is autosuggesting. Thanks What version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2002 and 2003 use AutoComplete, while older versions used Auto Resolution -- different processes. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Stephen" wrot...

How do you make captions for pictures in Publisher 2003
I have a publisher document with many pictures in it. What is the best way to create a caption for each picture? I've used text boxes. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8580D219-405D-470E-9631-A986A89E460B@microsoft.com... >I have a publisher document with many pictures in it. What is the best way > to create a caption for each picture? > "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:8580D219-405D-470E-9631-A986A89E460B@microsoft.com... >>...

find #5
is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a user can enter certain criterias and then they click search and the computer searches thorough the data in the workbook and then sends back all the results matching the criteria? In xl2002+, you can specify "within workbook" under the options button on the find dialog. In all versions, you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/ ash wrote: > > is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a > user can enter certain criterias and then they click > search and the computer s...

Pictures #5
When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you can only open one at a time in photo editor. Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures in the message area and when opened I will be able to scroll down for viewing? Thank you Mary Lou mlherrick@timrongear.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you > can only open one at a time in photo editor. > > Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures > in the message area and when opened I will be able to > scroll down for v...

"Save As" Outlook Template/Outlook 2003
I'm able to create a template (for out of office reply), according to the guidlines for creatiing a rule in Outlook 2003, but I can't save it. When I get to the point to "Save As" there is NO option to save as an "Outlook Template". It gives all the other "Word Doc..." options, etc. What to do?? Turn off Word as your editor before opening the item you want to save as a template. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com...

how to open a file use its full directory in access 2003
i know how to active an exe file by Shell() function, but if i want to open the file has the directory like "c:\my document\001.jpg ", which function should i use, i try shell() too, but it does not work, and tell me the argument is wrong. would you please tell me how to open the file excepte the exe file, thanks any help wil be appreciate Shell works for an executable. To start a document with whatever program program is registered to handle it, use FollowHyperlink. If you prefer an API call, use ShellExecute: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm To get FollowH...

MS
Why is it taking so long to create a newsgroup for Exchange 2003? Time to move on from "Exchange All Versions", "Exchange 2000", and "Outlook" Come on! get with your own program ...

Outlook 2003 Update Instillation problem
I am using Windows Xp Home with all its updates. I am also running Office Xp which is current. A year ago I purchased and installed Outlook 2003. Today I tried to update Outlook 2003 and encountered a failure to install Security Update KB913807 and Junk Mail FILTER KB913161. I even shut down The Anti Virus and Firewall programs. All told I tried to install the two updates a half dozen times. They did down load, any idea what could be wrong and how do I install these Outlook updates. -- If you download the updates manually and run them, what error message(s) show? "Mike&quo...

Reinstall 2003 after HDD failure
I have recently suffered a hard disc failure and reinstalled all my data and programs from a backup. Now when I boot up, I get one box that says that Normal dot is being used by another program or person and do I want to save over the original. This is odd because there's no reason why word should be opening on boot up. Also I get another window on boot up that says that Powerpoint failed to start properly. Again why is it trying to start anyway? This message always appears twice even though I untick the box that asks if I want to retry. Why is this happening? You have a...

Exchange 5.5 problems #2
Howdy: I am running an E 5.5 server on NT4 all patched A new porblem Howdy: I am running an E5.5 server on NT4 all patched A problem has come up where all the services are running and users who are connected to the E 5.5 work correctly, however, the E5.5 suddenly becomes "lost". Users who try to open outlook get: "information store cannot be opened" Trying to Check Name on the Outlook services gets: "Name cannot be resolved" The E5.5 responds to ping Opening the MEA gets an odd error message that Micro$oft has no answer, nor can I get an answer through goog...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

I cannot send out of outlook with 2003 and Yahoo
I keep getting this error Task 'davidm@equityfound.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' It is driving me crazy, i have set both encryption and port numbers right and it still does not work Wrong group. This is for programming questions. Post in one of the appropriate Outlook groups such as microsoft.public.outlook.general. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] ht...

Error 5.5.5
Some clients email isn't allowed to come into the firms Exchane 2k spk 4 server. The error reads "Requested mail action aborted. Exceeded storage allocation". This user has a clean mailbox. and the mail doesn't come through. this happens to different account within our company. Please open up my understanding. Thank you. ...

Migrating users from 5.5 to 5.5, What needs to be copied??
We are currently having problems with our Exchange server 5.5 running service pack3. We want to migrate all the users settings to another server running windows 2000 server and using windows exchange server 5.5. What exactly needs to be be backed up so that we will be able to get all users settings from the old box??? If you're moving to new hardware, and the existing server is up to it, then you can achieve the move with practically no downtime following the Ed Crowley method... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm Good luck, Chris www.msexchange.co.uk >----...

Outlook 2003 Memory Hog
Should Outlook 2003 be using over 56,000k of memory?? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

relay 5.5 to 5.5?
Hello, We have an Exchange 5.5 server running in a Chicago office that has ATT DSL. The server sends out mail on users behalf. ATT refuses to make DNS entry for server because "they own the IP address". As a result, some customers refuse to accept mail from the mail server because it won't resolve on a reverse DNS lookup. This office gets it's mail from us in Boston. People send email to our domain, and our Exchange server routes it to those users as they are set up as Custom Recipients. This works great. Is there any way to set up Exchange 5.5 to send mail fr...

RMS 2.0 #5
Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was activated to back office computer instead of the POS. How can i correct this? What is the procedure to deactivate the product key at the back office and re-activate it at POS? Please help, very urgent! Thank you! You need to call Microsoft and move the license. Use the number under the Help file in any RMS module. They should be able to help you. "Francis Reyes" wrote: > Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was > activated to back office computer instead of the ...

Outlook 2002 error #5
Does anyone know why Outlook will not receive incoming mail, but will send outgoing mail. POP3 and SMTP are confirmed addresses. Thanks for the help. Do you get any error messages when trying to receive? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jess" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:699701c3e6c9$ec970100$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know why Outlook will not receive incoming > mail, but will send outgoing mail. POP3 and SMTP are > confirmed addr...

Publisher 2003 vs Word 2000
I produce a newsletter and have been using Word 2000 and have just about pulled out my hair in frustration. Word literally has a mind of its own! I'll set a header style and, without warning, it will change the font, font size and even font appearance. As well, when I put in a graphic, it won't hold the settings in 2-column format. However, when I change it to single column and back to 2, it's okay. What gives? As well, with Word, I have to physically manouever columns/text if it splits onto the next page. In Word, I can't put a graphic/photo into a Text Box. If I put m...

unable to change pass in Ex 5.5
Hi, Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of the users i am unable to change password from OWA giving error 2147023569. My certificate has expired. How can i resole this problem. Regards Darshan Didn't I answer your Tuesday's question? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/57456da2615b299e/03751d3b6b6dc287?lnk=st&q=insubject:Unbale+insubject:changing+insubject:password+insubject:from+insubject:OWA&rnum=1&hl=ru#03751d3b6b6dc287 Darshan Diora wrote: > Hi, > Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of th...

money 2003 and vista
I have just purchased a new machine which has Vista on it. My old machine was XP. I backed up my Money file and restored in back into My Document. When I reinstalled the Money 2004 I could not open the old data file. Any ideas? -- Rooter In microsoft.public.money, Rooter wrote: >I have just purchased a new machine which has Vista on it. My old machine was >XP. I backed up my Money file and restored in back into My Document. When I >reinstalled the Money 2004 I could not open the old data file. Any ideas? What happened (error message, etc)? I may have the same problem, becau...

Setting up "Corporate" profile in 2003
We are in the process of connecting to a remote Exchange Server and pushing the .pst files to the same. However, I have not been able to find the right combination in Outlook 2003 Profile setup to properly save the .pst files to the Exchange server as opposed to the client machine. Thanks, Rick Why do you want to do that? On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:12:20 -0700, "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of connecting to a remote Exchange >Server and pushing the .pst files to the same. However, I >have not been able to find th...

Why do Data markers in Excel 2003 appear to be bold?
When crating charts in Excell 2003 the Data Markers (numerous points) appear to be bold and blurry. This does not occur in Excel XP. Marker size is set to 2. ...