5.5 MIGRATION

Here is my scenario:

I have a native mode win 2000 domain trusting an NT 4.0
domain.  My exchange 5.5 exists in the NT 4 domain.  We
are decommissioning that nt4 domain and need to migrate
the exchange 5.5 into the native mode win 2k domain.

My objective to have a new exchange server with a new org
name and site name while retaining the mailboxes, folders,
and public folders

Since the win 2k domain is native mode, I have not found a
viable solution to get the exchange inside the win 2k
domain.

I need help please!!

Here is what I am trying to do.  I have created a new
exchange 5.5 server inside my win2k domain.  I backed up
the information store of the current exchange 5.5 residing
in the NT 4.0 domain and trying to restore to my new
exchange server into the win2k domain.

im accepting alternate solutions.

0
mccolgan (1)

<mccolgan@pgbank.com> wrote:

>Here is my scenario:
>
>I have a native mode win 2000 domain trusting an NT 4.0
>domain.  My exchange 5.5 exists in the NT 4 domain.  We
>are decommissioning that nt4 domain and need to migrate
>the exchange 5.5 into the native mode win 2k domain.
>
>My objective to have a new exchange server with a new org
>name and site name while retaining the mailboxes, folders,
>and public folders
>
>Since the win 2k domain is native mode, I have not found a
>viable solution to get the exchange inside the win 2k
>domain.

Exchange 5.5 will work in a native mode Windows 2000 (or 2003) domain.
If you have Exchange 2003 then the Exchange organization must be in
mixed-mode.

>I need help please!!
>
>Here is what I am trying to do.  I have created a new
>exchange 5.5 server inside my win2k domain.  I backed up
>the information store of the current exchange 5.5 residing
>in the NT 4.0 domain and trying to restore to my new
>exchange server into the win2k domain.
>
>im accepting alternate solutions.

Forget the Exchange server for a moment. How are you moving the user
accounts to the AD?

When you figure that part out, the Exchange piece is pretty easy.
You'll have to add another user (from the AD) to the existing 5.5
directory and assign it the service account role. Then assign that
account to start the services. You'll also want to assign new AD
accounts the necessary roles as admin and view-only admin. When you
can run the machine in that way (with the new accounts), you should be
able to stop all the Exchange services (and disable them), put the
server into a workgroup, reboot, and have the server join the AD
domain.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Printing on 5.5"x8.5" paper
I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use. Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!? What version Publisher? You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the size in page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@di...

find #5
is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a user can enter certain criterias and then they click search and the computer searches thorough the data in the workbook and then sends back all the results matching the criteria? In xl2002+, you can specify "within workbook" under the options button on the find dialog. In all versions, you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/ ash wrote: > > is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a > user can enter certain criterias and then they click > search and the computer s...

Pictures #5
When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you can only open one at a time in photo editor. Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures in the message area and when opened I will be able to scroll down for viewing? Thank you Mary Lou mlherrick@timrongear.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you > can only open one at a time in photo editor. > > Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures > in the message area and when opened I will be able to > scroll down for v...

Exchange 5.5 problems #2
Howdy: I am running an E 5.5 server on NT4 all patched A new porblem Howdy: I am running an E5.5 server on NT4 all patched A problem has come up where all the services are running and users who are connected to the E 5.5 work correctly, however, the E5.5 suddenly becomes "lost". Users who try to open outlook get: "information store cannot be opened" Trying to Check Name on the Outlook services gets: "Name cannot be resolved" The E5.5 responds to ping Opening the MEA gets an odd error message that Micro$oft has no answer, nor can I get an answer through goog...

Error 5.5.5
Some clients email isn't allowed to come into the firms Exchane 2k spk 4 server. The error reads "Requested mail action aborted. Exceeded storage allocation". This user has a clean mailbox. and the mail doesn't come through. this happens to different account within our company. Please open up my understanding. Thank you. ...

Migrating users from 5.5 to 5.5, What needs to be copied??
We are currently having problems with our Exchange server 5.5 running service pack3. We want to migrate all the users settings to another server running windows 2000 server and using windows exchange server 5.5. What exactly needs to be be backed up so that we will be able to get all users settings from the old box??? If you're moving to new hardware, and the existing server is up to it, then you can achieve the move with practically no downtime following the Ed Crowley method... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm Good luck, Chris www.msexchange.co.uk >----...

relay 5.5 to 5.5?
Hello, We have an Exchange 5.5 server running in a Chicago office that has ATT DSL. The server sends out mail on users behalf. ATT refuses to make DNS entry for server because "they own the IP address". As a result, some customers refuse to accept mail from the mail server because it won't resolve on a reverse DNS lookup. This office gets it's mail from us in Boston. People send email to our domain, and our Exchange server routes it to those users as they are set up as Custom Recipients. This works great. Is there any way to set up Exchange 5.5 to send mail fr...

RMS 2.0 #5
Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was activated to back office computer instead of the POS. How can i correct this? What is the procedure to deactivate the product key at the back office and re-activate it at POS? Please help, very urgent! Thank you! You need to call Microsoft and move the license. Use the number under the Help file in any RMS module. They should be able to help you. "Francis Reyes" wrote: > Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was > activated to back office computer instead of the ...

Outlook 2002 error #5
Does anyone know why Outlook will not receive incoming mail, but will send outgoing mail. POP3 and SMTP are confirmed addresses. Thanks for the help. Do you get any error messages when trying to receive? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jess" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:699701c3e6c9$ec970100$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know why Outlook will not receive incoming > mail, but will send outgoing mail. POP3 and SMTP are > confirmed addr...

unable to change pass in Ex 5.5
Hi, Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of the users i am unable to change password from OWA giving error 2147023569. My certificate has expired. How can i resole this problem. Regards Darshan Didn't I answer your Tuesday's question? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/57456da2615b299e/03751d3b6b6dc287?lnk=st&q=insubject:Unbale+insubject:changing+insubject:password+insubject:from+insubject:OWA&rnum=1&hl=ru#03751d3b6b6dc287 Darshan Diora wrote: > Hi, > Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of th...

Exchange 5.5 #24
Unable to send email to a few different domains. Please advise >-----Original Message----- >Unable to send email to a few different domains. Please >advise >. > Since you said a few domains, do you have reverse dns for your mail server? Some mail server refuse mails if it is not set. Or maybe their mail server is temporary unavailable, could you check their MX record and test the connection manually ? With regards, Stefan I tried to send an email to this address alimento.augusto@libero.it and it came back with this error message "Unable to deliver the message d...

"reply to" address in Exhcange 5.5
Is there a way to set a different "reply to" address for all e-mails sent from the sending address? The goal is to have a user click on "reply" and have the e-mail routed to a different user than the one who sent the message - in this case to go to a person instead of an unmonitored box. If not, could a rule be set up to automatically forward replies to another box? Thanks, Marc marc_medina@hotmail.com ...

migrate 5.5 to 2003
Is necessary to install 2003 in coexistence mode to use the migration wizard to import mailboxes andpublic folders from 5.5 to a new 2003 installation ? The migration wizard can only be used when the source and destination Exchange server are in different Exchange Orgs and the migration wizard will not do public folders for you. "Miliuccio" <middiuzzo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:chrqm2$503$1@newsread.albacom.net... > Is necessary to install 2003 in coexistence mode > to use the migration wizard to import mailboxes andpublic folders from 5.5 > to a new 2003 ...

How can I discover who accessed Exchange 5.5 server with Outlook 2
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that has been accessed by someone with an Outlook 2003 client. This has caused OWA to stop working. How can I discover which mailbox has been accessed by the Outlook 2003 client? Regards When you look at the Logons information under the Private infomration store, it should show the last time they were accessed, and should also display which client accessed the mailbox. Outlook 2003 should show a client version of 11.0 Also, to be fair, this is a very well known issue, and the hotfix has been available for a long time. The KB article was published back ...

Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are needed for Exchange 5.5?
Is there a definitive list of what post SP4 patch are needed for Exchange 5.5? In short of making a spreadsheet of all MS Security Bulletin and Knowledge Base question I was hoping MS would have a list. Thanks in advance. Steve I use this site http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx Just put your current product and service pack level and it will answer you with the post sp KB's Hope this helps. David "steve" <mis.removethis@johnhcarter.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:6c2501c42ee9$c9bed140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a definitive list of what ...

exchnage 5.5 to 2003
We are trying to move from a mixed environment with a single 5.5 and 2003 exchange server. When we follow the MS article to remove LAST EXCHANGE 5.5 server it fails telling us that "the object was not found in the directory. This may be because replication not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: c1010aae". Anyone seen this? Is this a sign of problems in the exchange 5.5 mailboxes or public folders? We have moved [or think we have] all of the mailboxes and public folders to the Exchange 2003 server sucsessfully. We need to do this ASAP. Thanks! -- John Peter...

Cached Exchange Mode #5
I am running Small Business Server 2000 with Exchange 2000 in an environment of about 25 computers running Office 2003 Professional. We will soon be getting rid of our POP3 email provider, so I wanted to slowly migrate people into cached exchange mode so that we can implement the Junk E-mail folder (as well as a third party gateway spam catcher). When I open Outlook, and change their Exchange e-mail account to cached mode, and then restart Outlook; it syncs fine with the server and gives no errors. However when I view the Inbox, there are only messages that go back as far as "...

Great plains 7.5
Hi ther e- I am at a new position where they are using Dynamics GP 7.5 They have the licence for version 9 but have not had it installed. They got a quote for between 4000 and 15000 to install, the latter inclusing 40 hours training since I am new to Dynamics. Astronomical!!! My question 1 - is it necessary to have a microsoft certified person do the upgrade? 2 - what courses are there out there in the Toronto Ontario area that I can pick up some basic knowledge. So far I am not liking Dyamincs much. I find it unfriendly, cumbersome to use and time consuming. It is difficult to get even a s...

Exchange 5.5 Screenshots Required
Hi All, Can anyone send me screenshots of the 11 tabs displayed in the Exchange 5.5 Mailbox properties dialog? I'm using the Japanese version and need English screenshots so I can see what I am doing... :-) If possible, please send them in zipped format to ahayes [at] cvi [dot] co [dot] jp with the subject Exchange 5.5 Screenshots. Also, if anyone is using Network Associates Groupshield 5 for Exchange 5.5, I'd like screenshots of the settings pages as well. Thanks. Regards...Andrew You should get your pics soon. Andrew Hayes wrote: > Hi All, > > Can anyone send m...

Modeless Dialog #5
Hi, guys!!! I'm making some modifications in a Dialog based aplication, and need some help: >From the main window I can open a Modal Dialog in which I edit a List. When I finish in this Modal Dialog, that list is saved into a file, and the modal dialog closes. No problem so far. After this I want to create a modeless dialog and load the file saved before into a List, so that from the main window I can see that dialog with the list and also work in the main window. But failed to create the modeless dialog. No idea why, but when I create the modeless dialog, it's overlapping the m...

Migrating Invoices
Hi folks, I have a problem migrating Invoices from legacy system to CRM. We have both the Amount and Tax values for the invoice details, but as these attributes are not migrated, but calculated by CRM, I can't migrate all the important values for the invoices and their details. My question - when I set the attribute IsPriceOverriden to 1 (Yes), will both the tax and amount values migrated as is? Or is there any other mechanism to solve this problem without having to set the price for each product in corresponding PriceList (as the prices for a given product are various for each invoice I...

LDAP for Exchange 5.5
I know that this version of Exchange is outdated but I am using it in my test lab for certification work. I am a little lost on how, where or when LDAP was installed. I have had my Exchange server running for almost a year now and after experiencing SPAMing and OPEN Relay, I am ready to look at LDAP (Forgive my slow progress; I have a very small budget and a very large family). At any rate, I get mail at my server regularly but I need to have some clarification on LDAP and OWA. I know what they are but where do I begin on setting them up? Any help or direction to info would be appreciated. ...

Exch 5.5: Single Domain/Multiple Servers
I'm pretty familiar with the operations of our 2000/2003 servers in general, but I don't know that much about Exchange 5.5. My company has seven separate divisions each running their own Exchange server for their own domain. All mail comes to a single email gateway which does anti-spam and anti-virus. It then delivers the mail via SMTP over the internet to the appropriate domain. Now we want to have one single domain. There is no connection between the divisions right now except over the internet. How would this be set up in Exchange 5.5? I tried doing some Google searching on ...

How To Type a simple 5 page Sales Letter with Text Only
I'm BRAND new to this. ..and so lost. I simply want to type a 5 page sales letter on blank paper with nothing on it but text. Can't find any letterheads that don't have a design on them. Thanks. Diane After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Diane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I'm BRAND new to this. ..and so lost. I simply want to > type a 5 page sales letter on blank paper with nothing on > it but text. I would recommend Microsoft Word for this. Publisher is more oriented around designs that have more than o...