404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders

We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1.  We have a
front-end/back-end configuration.  OWA works well except when attempting to
access calendar items in public folders.  In personal folders, this is not a
problem.

The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular
calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time.  Sometimes it
opens properly.  Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring
up the item.

This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public
folder.  Even with full owner permissions on the public folder and all parent
folders, this error occurs.   I don't see anything unusual in either the
system/application logs nor the IIS logs.  Is there diagnostic logging I
should turn on to provide more information?

Has anyone else seen this and if so, have you been able to solve it?
0
mark564 (750)

Error in Report Catalog
I am trying to get reports to publish to the Portal. No error message shows in GP, "Report Schedule", "Publish Now". However in Site Settings, Application Settings, Reports, "Manage Report Catalog" I see the error (see below) in both the "Roles" and "Business Portal Center Pages" web parts on the right hand side. Any ideas? GP 8 sp3 & BP 2.7 *********************************************** Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Value was either too larg...

Convert Access 2 to Access 2000
Could someone kindly point me in the of direction of how I can convert Access 2 to Access 2000. My main challenge is the Access 2 code for a front end and back end databases. The "program" database has the following code: Dim ThisPlayer As Long ThisPlayer = Val([EnterSurname]) Dim MyWs As Workspace Dim MyDb As Database Set MyWs = DBEngine(0) Set MyDb = MyWs.OpenDatabase("C:\FSC\TOURNDAT.MDB") Dim MyPlayers As Recordset Set MyPlayers = MyDb.OpenRecordset("Players") Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Margaret There's...

Error in Out Of Office
I am not able to do any changes in my "Out of office" Keep getting an error where it sais it can�t save changes in rules, but I have not made any rules. Someone that have any sugestions? Kim "Kim Inglar" <kiminglar@hotmail.com> skrev i melding news:58ja8iF2h00suU1@mid.individual.net... >I am not able to do any changes in my "Out of office" Keep getting an error >where it sais it can�t save changes in rules, but I have not made any >rules. > > Someone that have any sugestions? > It is Office 2003 There could be orphaned or rep...

OMA and 404 page not found errors
Hi, Im trying to setup OMA (Outlook Mobile Access) on my Exchange 2003 SP2 /Win2003SP2 server. But when I try to connect with my Nokia 6230i or WinWAP for Windows I first get the username/password prompt. Then I get an 404 File or directory not found. I have tried with https as well. No change at all. Still the same page. When I test from WinWAP i am connection directly to the server with no firewall restrictions. What am I doing wrong? I tried adding everyone (readonly) to the main folder of OWA but no change. Regards, Christian Jensen IT Administrator "Christian Jensen" ...

OWA Errors
Hello Everyone, We are using SBS 2003 and Exchange 2003. One NIC on the server. The system is about a week old. I'm trying to encourage people to use OWA over having to install PC Anywhere. The problem I'm having is with OWA when the Client mode is set to Premium. After logging in the system will present Runtime errors at almost every turn. First there is a "Line 14 - Object Expected" error when just displaying the Inbox. If you try to select a message you get a "Line 223 - 'g_fIsMimeInstalled' is undefined" error. If you switch to Calandar y...

FIRE EVENTS commands error
hey everyone, i am getting an erre in my javascript when i call the Fire events command "CurrencyToString" after document.write(gggg); if i dont use document.write(gggg); it works fine the command runs ok but if i call the Fire Event command after i display a table using document.write(gggg); it gives me an error Object Dosent Support this Property or Method can anybody please help me in hoe to get around this problem thank you again, shoby ...

Error report closing excel
I have Excel 2003 this is a upgrade. When closing older excel spreadsheets a error report comes up that doesn not identify the problem. The tell microsoft information is sent to Microsoft. Nothing gets resloved afte sending the report. I did load CD and ran detect & repair and it did not solve the problem. ...

404 Error
When I try to get into my Email, I get this 404 error. I am new at trying to solve my own computer problems and would really appreciate some help. Taco -- Taco This is an Excel newsgroup, not an email news group. Not sure that anyone can help you here. Dave -- Brevity is the soul of wit. "Taco" wrote: > > When I try to get into my Email, I get this 404 error. I am new at > trying to solve my own computer problems and would really appreciate > some help. > > Taco > > > > > -- > Taco > ...

TreeView NodeClick (VBA): Throwing Mysterious Error
I tried posting this in microsoft.public.activex.controls, but no luck. Upon reflection, it seems better suited to .access because it seems to be something about how MS Access VBA handles a certain type of error. --------------------------------------------------------- This error starts popping every so often following changes to various VBA routines (not to NodeClick, however) in the same form. Something about "The expression NodeClick...." Screen snap at: http://tinyurl.com/2pmbne I'll revert to the prior version, key in the same changes, and all will be well. It does no...

Inbox Repair Tool error
A member of our staff overflowed his Inbox last week. A quick check revealed that it was slightly over the 2Gb suggested limit. I ran the 2GB Truncate Utility, and then ran the Inbox Repair Tool. When the repair tool gets about halfway through Phase 6 of 8, it stops and I get the error message "An error has occurred which caused the scan to be stopped. No changes have been made to the scanned file." I've gone back to the original PST file three times now to each time cut off more and more excess with the 2GB utility, but each time I get the same error message with ...

Error when tagging emails off line in Outlook
When we tag an email to a CRM (3.0) object in Outlook while working off line and error occurs the next time you attempt to synch. The error shows the tagged email with the option of going on line and loosing the relationship or continue to work off line. Anyone else experience this problem? ...

Outlook error #41
When I try to start Outlook, I get the following "The application failed to initialize properly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application. How do I correct this? Hi Leon, please read this information from MS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;817117 or this one http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;822520 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Leon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag...

Errors 2448 and 3075!
I have a search comand button and it works most of the time, excpet with one name (so far) O'Shea. It comes up with the following error message: Run- time error '2448' You can't assign a value to this object. The debugger highlights this: Me.Filter = "[Surname] LIKE '*" & RetVal & "*'" However othertimes, it says this: Runt-time error '3075' Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression "[Surname] LIKE '*O'Shea*". Any ideas? Here's the whole section: Private Sub Command187_Click() Dim R...

Bill Calendar and Debt Planner? How do they work together?
Ok I have read all I could find but I can't seem to find anything that explains how the debt planner and bill calendar work together. For the explanation of what I am doing I will talk of only one bill. I entered my Providian credit card in the bill calendar. It is also in the debt planner that has me paying a different amount so I will hit the pay off debt date. I don't pay my bills through money because my bank doesn't allow that just downloading of the statements. I am hoping when I pay the Providian credit card from my banks website and download the statements to money that...

Outlook
Hi, Yesterday we did some changes to the disk layout of our database disks, resulting in a read latency of 40-50ms decreasing to about 5ms, general performance is significantly better. The only issue we have now are when users access shared calendars, it can take about 10sec to open, granted this has decreased from about 50sec, but users are still not happy. I just wanted to get an idea of the time that other people have encountered when using this function on a heavily loaded calendar. Thanks Matthew ...

error value in axis
I am trying to plot a chart for varying number of weeks. I use the formula =IF(J63=0,NA(),J63-1) to stop with zero th week starting from the week I define. I also use similar formulas for getting data i.e =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($K64,$A:$D,2)),NA(),VLOOKUP($K64,$A:$D,2)), where k64 indicates week number. The problem now is the data line stops with 'NA' values as expected, but the axis which contains week number shows 'NA' after the week numbers. Any ways to fix this. Now you need dynamic names (aka named ranges) that know where the numerical data ends, and use these names a...

MSExchange IS Public Queue rising
Hello, I have Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 (all latest patches and SP). The server has been running for over a year but in the past month I have noticed the Public Send Queue at times increase because I monitor that queue. My understand is that this queue is used for public folder replication. Is there a way to troubleshoot this and determine what is causing the queue to increase? Can I determine what folder information is being replicated? Are there any settings I can check? The queue increasing appears to happen ever few days, both in the PM and AM. It's not causing any...

Error Message ...
I have emails that are sitting in the Outbox and will not be sent, this is the message that come on my screen as a pop-up: Message could not be displayed Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again. It will not let me delete or move the email. What do I need to do to correct this? Try posting this in Windows Mail news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Windows Mail is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news g...

error in sending message
I am having problems sending my assignments for my online courses. I really need help . I have unti 12:oo am. What type of assignments? Attachments? What size> Error message? Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles Robinson" <brendarobinsson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uv8AYw8nKHA.5552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am having problems sending my assignments...

404 error on change password in OWA
I'm gettting a 404 error when using the change password function in OWA: The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly. If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted. Click the Back button t...

Access 2000/2002 compatibility
Hello to everybody in the NG. I have a question: I have written an application in Access 2002; given that all the PCs of my customer have Access 2000 installed, I saved the application in Access 2002 format. When I have brought my application on the customer's machines, I received strange compilation errors. I tryed everything possible (database conversions, compact database, etc.) and I verified that there aren't library linking problems. Could you suggest something to me? Many thanks in advance, all the best. Marco. "Zawy" <zawinulfans@DONTSPAMPLEASEyahoo.it> ...

Opening calendar (month view), I want today's date on top row
I open and use calendar in the month view. if todays date is in the last week of the month, then it is in the bottom row. That means I see all of my appointments, etc. from the last month rather than those in my future. I would like the (uncompressed weekend) month view to open with today's date in the top row... is that possible? No, its not possible. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips....

Outlook 2k is getting Runtime error
How doing you fix the above? ...

Transfer to PO error
An interesting Error poped up when attempting to transfer a requisition to PO on our Business Portal 3.0 site. It states... Query error. Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Data.GeneralDatabaseException Line 1:Incorrect syntax near 'T0'. I have checked the event log and have found nothing out of the ordinary. Any ideas would help. Nathan, try the following: To resolve this problem, run the iisreset command to reset Internet Information Services (IIS). To do this, follow these steps: 1. Make sure that you have a complete backup copy of the database. You can use this backup copy to res...

How to access Outlook 2000?- in extended support phase
One day when attempting to access Outlook 2000 I received an error message that says it has entered its extended support phase. I have called Microsoft and gone to their online help and there is nothing for Outlook 2000. How do I get all the emails and folders stored in my Outlook? "Jerseygirl" <Jerseygirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:568F0FE0-EB59-4500-980C-0CA22289683E@microsoft.com... > One day when attempting to access Outlook 2000 I received an error message > that says it has entered its extended support phase. I have called &g...