2003 recipient policy for exchange 5.5

Can a recipient policy created on 2003 to purge mail in the deleted items
folder also be used for exchange 5.5 in the same site?

John Stimpson

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:16:19 -0500, "John Stimpson"
<johnstimpson@tupperware.com> wrote:

>Can a recipient policy created on 2003 to purge mail in the deleted items
>folder also be used for exchange 5.5 in the same site?
>
>John Stimpson

I would say not.
There is the Mailbox Manager feature in 5.5. Are you able to use that
or did you just want something with a single interface?
0
mark7219 (5666)

Restore Outlook 2003
I had a problem with my HD which required reformatting the drive. Fortunately, I did have my outlook.pst file backed-up. I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro and MS Office 2003. When I entered Outlook, I did not see my email messages or contacts. So, I copied my backed-up copy of outlook.pst to the outlook directory (beneath the My Documents directory) and clicked File/Open/Outlook Data File. Then they appeared in separate places on my screen. I have several questions at this point. 1. Have I proceeded correctly so far in trying to get back to my original state before the HD problem? 2....

Exchange public folder replication
I have a situation where i'm going to be taking out our first exchange server in the organization(i already have another exchange server that's been running for the organization for some time). Have already replicated public folders to the other server and rehomed the address book and rehome the schedule + free busy folder, have moved all the mailboxes and rehome the recipient update service. When i go to turn off replication and check the replication status under public folders, replication, details. I notice that some of the folders have a status of local modified, on the f...

Install OWA 2003
HI How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of the EXC2003? Examplo, in server WEB. Tks You can't. OWA is now integrated into Exchange and cannot be separated like you could with Exchange 5.5 installing only OWA. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Alysson" <alyssondk@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:%23yzn1wyrFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > > HI > > How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of > the > EXC2003? > Examplo, in server WEB. > > > Tks > &g...

Exchange 2003 getting clogged?
Hello all, A client of mine wrote me the following IM's earlier regarding his boss's email account. It appears that there hasn't been any change in configurations on the server and that it was just noticed today/very recently. While I'm not an Exchange2003 expert, I have used it a little and never ran across any clients that have used it before until now. Does anyone have any suggestions at what route to take when reading this? I admit this discussion with me and the client seems to be broad, but I was trying to gather as much info as possible to troubleshoot: Clie...

2000 Server Connection to 2003 over VPN
Here is my issue: My company has a remote office in Montana. We have 2 Cisco 501 Pix connecting the sites via VPN. The 2003 Servers from WA can see the Montana office with no problem as can all the Workstations. The 2 windows 2000 SP4 Servers however can not see the 2003 server in Montana or vice versa. When pinging the servers from either side it does reolve to the correct IP however the ping drops. Every other IP connects fine. Something in the 2000 servers are blocking the connection over the VPN any ideas would be great... Thanks Jeremy SOme things to check: DNS zones on both ends, st...

Outlook 2003-Does Not Terminate
I was noticing that my computer would take an inordinately long time (like 10 minutes) to complete its shutdown from time to time. I've finally isolated the problem-- it only occurs when OUTLOOK.EXE is still shown as a running process in the Task Manager. (Note that the APPLICATION is not running, just the process, showing 16,788 KB.) I've tried using the END PROCESS command, but to no avail. (I get the warning message, and click YES, but nothing happens.) How can I find out what's causing this, and how do I stop it from happening? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme...

Help .... problems with exchange ...
I have one problem .. I am sending mail through CRM .. the contact receives the email but not complete .. The body of the email received only show the first letter of the text ... I already checked the SQL database and in the field Description the text is saved correctly but the field Sender and Receipt have ni data ... do you have any idea what's going on ? BR Karolina B. ...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...

Sort Inbox items by Unread in Outlook 2003 doesn't work
I customized my inbox view to sort items by unread. Unfortunately, the messages are not sorted have read and unread messages intermixed in my inbox (sorted by date). I wanted unread messages first then read messages afterwards. The primary sort would be unread ascending (descending didn't work either) and secondary sort would be by date. The group by is none since unread was not an option and automatically group according to this arrangement is turned off (tried with it on & didn't work either). The inbox shows that it is arranged by custom. Any suggestions on how to fix this...

Excel Files #5
How can I alphabetize files within a folder? I have Microsoft Office Excel 2003. thanks In your explorer window there should be a header - "Name". Just click this and it will sort Ascending or Descending. Just click on it until you get the desired results. It will display an arrow to the right of "Name" indicating Ascending or Descending. this works for each of the column header showing in your explorer window. HTH "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6D04351-F92A-4AB5-BC21-14F775964D50@microsoft.com... > How ca...

Deleting logs from tracking.log in 5.5
some logs got deleted "on the fly" from the tracking.log folder (so, with all services running) I'm wondering if this might affect my exchange server adversely ... don't see anything yet, but I'm holding my breath and reserving the right to throw someone in the fire. anyone? thanks in advance, Mauricio. On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:09:02 -0800, mcalvo <mcalvo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >some logs got deleted "on the fly" from the tracking.log folder (so, with all >services running) > >I'm wondering if this might affect my exchange s...

new excel 2003
I work in a small office and wonder if we should buy the new Excel 2003 to upgrade from Excel 2000 that we are currently using. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what the upgrades are. I also want to find some support I can get to explain the differences. thnx Hg, It's probably not worth the price of the upgrade. There's really not much more that you can do with 2003 that you can't do in 2000. One of the Excel gurus who has written some excellent books on Excel (including 2003) has a review on his web site. Take a look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm John ...

How to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments
I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments. Those are found in Knowledge Base Article #823131 and involve changing the Registry. (There really should be an easier way.) Anyway, despite having followed those instructions explicitly, Outlook continues to save emailed attachments in a folder buried deep in the C: drive that doesn't even show itself when I navigate to it (and even when I set folder options to show hidden folders). Just to try everything, I did a completely clean reinstall of Outlook and then followed the Registry edit ...

unable to connect to Exchange 2000 server
Could please help to connect to Exchange server 2000. I'm using Outlook 2000 (windows 2000) and when I try to enter my logon and my password the system blocked Error : Impossible to find correspondant for this name network problem..... " So I removed TCPIP protocol and reinstall it the same problem. When I try to ping the Exchange server it's OK. I removed my profile and I put new one the same problem when I try to check my logon with the Exchange server. Any help to solve this problem will be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Rob .. Are you able to configure Outlook on an...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have an sbs 2003 server and we want to change everything to the new sever we bought which is running standard 2003 r2. We only use our server as a file and print. So all we need to to be bale to transfer the users etc and have them logon with no issues ie changing profiles etc. Can this be done? Thanx PS, really dont want to get involved with transition packs etc. -- jonoharper ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonoharper's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171848.htm View this...

drag and drop #5
Hi, Does anybody know how to implement drag and drop with bitmat obiects? I have to drag a bitmap from one part of my window to another. There is no need to move it outside the application. Marcin Hi, if all you need is just moving some picture inside a window, system d&d isn't the best choice. I would rather use mouse messages (MOUSEOVER,MOUSEDOWN,MOUSEUP) to track mouse positon and state to paint the picture by myself(CDC::BitBlt) in a MOUSEMOVE event handler. Of course, before drawing, care must be taken to erase previously drawn picture. "Marcin >poczta.onet.pl>&q...

Convert to Outlook 2003
We are receiving new pc's which have Windows XP and Office 2003. Users vary on operating systems and Office Versions. What are the correct step to bring over there pst files? Or maybe we shouldn't. But I need to know what the steps are to install there Old Messages/Folders/Contacts/Tasks/Calendar Items etc. from old pc(various Outlook versions 2000 prior) to new pc which now have Outlook 2003. I have tried a couple of ways but I keep getting a duplicate personal folder which is also active. (Example if they get a new mail message it goes to both inboxes in both personal fol...

outlook 2003 new mail sound
why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it You mention that you have it set up in Windows....do you have it enabled in Outlook? Click Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, Advanced Email Options, and ensure it is checked under new mail options. >-----Original Message----- >why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? >yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it > > >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You mention that yo...

Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server's Public Store has exceeded the 16GB limit and shut down. I'm familiar with the temporary extension to 17GB one can do for the Mailbox Store but haven't found a KB article regarding temporarily expanding the Public Folder store. Is this possible and if so how? Temporary solution found - the same registry entry mentioned in KB828070 except located in the public folder key does the 1GB increase. "MS Newsgroups" <msnews@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:erikqn9qEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > ...

I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

Contacts in Outlook 2003 (and other Office 2003 atrocities)
Every time Microsoft does a new improved version of Office it ruins what few features it had before that worked. Going to Office 2003 (from 2000)makes a real mess of almost all of Office (it ruined what formatting I had in WORD -- the numbering goes to some default that MS thinks I *should* want). It also makes it impossible for me to find people (not CONTACTS, these are FRIENDS) I had in my address book in Outlook. For example I used to be able to type in my friends' nicknames, but that doesn't work in 2003 (the nickname is there alright, but you can't retrieve them by typing t...

ideal hard disk setup for Exchange ?
I have to rebuild an Exchange Server and would like to have the correct disk system. Can you recommened a good SCSI controller card and SCSI drives for this ? Also, what would be the ideal disk setup for Exchange i.e. how many disks, what type of RAID to use, etc ? Thanks for any advice !! chrism On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:00:40 -0700, "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote: >I have to rebuild an Exchange Server and would like to have the correct disk >system. >Can you recommened a good SCSI controller card and SCSI drives for this ? > >Also, what would be the ...

Error when sending pub 2003 document as an email
we have a document that we have been sending as an email in publisher 2003 for some time, by using the SEND AS EMAIL> SEND THIS PAGE AS A MESSAGE. This has worked fine for some time, but now something has happened to the document that when you click the send button in outlook you get a message that publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. Outlook then freezes and has to be cntrl-alt-del to kill it off. this happens with the same document on multiple computers, whereas the same computers can complete the task using a newly created document. Anyone seen this before? detai...

Outlook 2003 #240
Just installed Outlook 2003, running Outlook 2000 prior. Here is my problem; 1) I launch Outlook 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER NAME NULL 3) Close this window. Then I can press send/receive button, however, it cannot check for new email. In addition, if I create a new email from within Outlook, there is no "send-emal" button. HELP! Thanks. Steve <nospam@abc.net> wrote: > 1) I launch Outlook > 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER > NAME NULL > 3) Close this window. Tools>E-mail Accoun...

Pub 2003 Question ( Problem )
I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that contain a lot of pictures. When I open them up today, many of the pictures do not show on screen? No error messages ? What can I do ? Wayne wrote: > I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that > contain a lot of pictures. When I open them up today, many of the > pictures do not show on screen? > > No error messages ? > > What can I do ? =========================== Have a look at the following site: (Read the third FAQ) Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/ lines when editing ...