2 users receive the same e-mail

Hi all !
I just have a "small" problem.
I have 250 users in my org. Periodically, one of these users receive an
automatic e-mail from one of our customers.
What is strange is that another user receives this e-mail too but he isn't
present in any field (to, cc, bcc).

If I have a look at the logs in System Manager, I can see that this e-mail
is sent to User1 but not to User2. In Outlook
on the User1 PC there's no rule. I asked my provider and he tell me the
same, just one mail is sent to User1.
One more thing, this kind of e-mail is sent everyday to User1 but User2
doesn't receive it everyday, just 1 or 2 per week !

Does anybody have any suggestion ?
I don't know where to look at.
Thanx a lot for your help !

                                                    Max

0
tulaspas (1)

Turn on message tracking to be able to investigate this more. Unfortunally Im
not that famillary with message tracking but take a look at mskb.

"John Smith" wrote:

> Hi all !
> I just have a "small" problem.
> I have 250 users in my org. Periodically, one of these users receive an
> automatic e-mail from one of our customers.
> What is strange is that another user receives this e-mail too but he isn't
> present in any field (to, cc, bcc).
>
> If I have a look at the logs in System Manager, I can see that this e-mail
> is sent to User1 but not to User2. In Outlook
> on the User1 PC there's no rule. I asked my provider and he tell me the
> same, just one mail is sent to User1.
> One more thing, this kind of e-mail is sent everyday to User1 but User2
> doesn't receive it everyday, just 1 or 2 per week !
>
> Does anybody have any suggestion ?
> I don't know where to look at.
> Thanx a lot for your help !
>
>                                                     Max

0
TimNilimaa (14)
5/23/2005 2:45:37 PM
Does User2 have delegate permissions on User1? If so:

Tools->Options->Delegates

View the permissions of User1. Make sure "Delegate receives copies of
meeting related messages sent to me" is unchecked.

0
thesink (4)

RMS 2.0 Error (gift cards)
Hi when ever I run a giftcard(mercuy) the rms closes and I lose the the transaction, but when I go online I do see it on mercury web reporting as being process but I dont see the transaction either on journal or my end of the day batch closing , this started after I upgraded it to 2.0 from 1.3 I do have netframe work 1.1 and 2.0 and all the hotfixes for them ! here is the error message I get: Database connection lost, application will be closed Error #-2147467259 [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()).]General network error. Chech your network documentation. (Source:Microsoft OLE DB Provide...

Shortcut prevents second user from opening database
When multiple access users try to access database from different systems through a shortcut the system does nothing. When second user enters through Access they can enter the database with no problem... The database allows multiple users to access but the shortcut only works for the first user that enters. All others have to enter through Access. What prevents the second user access through the shortcut from another machine? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:30:43 -0700, BJH Data <BJH Data@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When multiple access users try to access database from diffe...

e2k3 users cannot see e5.5 org form library
Hello guys, I have all e2k3 users who cannot see the org form library homed on e5.5 servers. all e5.5 users can view the org form library. Here is the setup: mixed-mode exchange 5.5 org, with 1 site on e5.5 and 1 mixed-mode site with 1 e2k3 server and 1 e5.5 server. e5.5 users in site 1 can use the org form library, no problem. e5.5 users in site2 can use the org form library, no problem. e2k3 users in site2 can NOT see the org form library. The org form library folder homed in site1 is replicated to site2 on both the e5.5 and e2k3 servers. Access to all other public folders are worki...

Backgrounds in Excel #2
I want to be able to print the background in excel, and also when I PDF an excel file the background dissapears. How can I make it to print/view. Is there any way. Please help me. If there's a way to do it, would you please email me the steps to make it work. Thanks, Bianka ...

Average Question #2
Hi, I want to average the top two numbers with each other and then the next two numbers and so on down the list. The answer would be out to the right (or wherever) like I've shown in my example. 0.6429 0.6296 .6362 0.6721 0.6970 .6846 0.5370 0.5146 .5258 0.6491 0.6721 .6606 0.7143 0.7500 .7321 0.6296 0.6491 .6394 0.5475 0.5763 .5619 I have no idea how to do this. Probably simple. Thanks Say 0.6429 and 0.6296 are in cells A1 and A2, where you have written .6362 enter the formula =AVERAGE(A1:A2) instead of typing A1:A2 you can highlight the two cells you want to avera...

New user has X500 adress
I just completed migrating from 5.5 to 2003. I am in Native mode. Anytime a new mailbox is created an X500 address is added to the email address. I checked the administrative and default receipent policies there is no entry for X500 email generation. There are however, MS, SMTP and X400 generation rules. These were from the old exchange 5.5. How is this X500 added to the mailbox? Can I remove X400 and MS? Haven't done a migration for a while, but I'm thinking it's being generated as part of your ADC agreement for backward compatibility. Are you still running an ADC connector?...

XP Home SP 2 and Web based Outlook
I used to be able to flawlessly remotely access Outlook remotely using IE and SP1. However, once I installed SP2, I can longer reply to any messages. My INBOX appears correctly and I can view messages, but once I hit the REPLY icon, the message I was viewing disappears and I am returned to my INBOX rather than being able to compose a message. I upgraded to SP2 on two different computers and the same problems exists on both machines. SP2 for Windows XP includes a built-in popup stopper for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab. Se...

Outlook 2003 crashes on send/receive
title says most of it . . . my Outlook 2003 crashes every time I do a send / receive, and I get this message: http://www.tengokuonline.com/stupiderror.jpg i am running Windows XP Home version 2002, service pack 1 - but i have the same error on my desktop (running Windows XP Professional, don't have it here with me for exact specs). any ideas? ...

interface error #2
Error message displays periodically "Your server administrator has limited the number of items that you can open simultaneously." We are running Outlook 2007 and Excnage 2003 Exchange 2003. Do I have to change settings in Exchange? ...

mail merge problems
I'm making invites with 3 per page- mail merge places the same name on all 3 invite on that page, how do I get different names for each invite Is that what happens when you actually print it or are you just looking at the Print Preview? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Yaz" <Yaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8344E7B-5EFF-448D-83B7-258D18DAC7AB@microsoft.com... > I'm making invites with 3 per page- mail merge places the same name on all > 3 > invite on that page, how do I get different names for each invite What versio...

Page breaks #2
When I fill a page with data "Excel automatically starts a new page by inserting a page break for you." On a current filled page it inserted a page break correctly. Just 9 lines further it put another page break. I cannot get rid of it. The manual says to delete on put the cursor in the designated cell, click insert, then "remove page break." When I try this "insert" does not bring up the "remove" line to click on. It only does that if I want to delete a page break I placed manually. HELP! . . .and thanks. ...

When I click on new mail outlook failed to load resources from fil
Every day I have run Fix and repair before I open up new email or the outllook will shut down! Outllook will work find rest of day but the next day I will have to run fix and repair again! If I don`t run fix and repair every morning when I open new mail outlook will display an era message failed to load or find resources from resource file! It will tell me to check resources! ...

new user not added to the global address list
I have Exchange 2003 Std and use Outlook 2003 as a client. I recently created a couple of new users and they have not yet "appeareed" in the global address list. I know that stuff and get cached locally so I have been patient. It's been couple of days and a couple of reboots since the users have been added. The check box for "Hide from exchange address lists" is not checked. What could I be missing? -Steve -- NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth are you running Outlook in cached mode? if you look up the user in ADUC, has it been stamped w...

Outlook starts ok but getting slower by opening mail
Hi all, I have a strange problem with our Outlook when some persons opening Outlook it starts normal and is working as it should be but with every mail we klick outlook is getting slower After opening 10 mails Outlook hangs cpu stays at 100% for Outlook The solution that solves this problem temporary is resetting the user profile on our server But then again it's just a matter of time and all things start over again Resseting the user profiles again and again is not a sutible solution because it involves a lot of work for setting the user settings back First i thougth it was a prob...

How do I make my inbox mails which the receiver is a specific grou
I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, automatic to a specific folder. How to do that? Many thanks for your replying. You can use the Rules Wizard (on the Tools menu) to move items from different senders to different folders. "vincent" <vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220B0059-3C29-41C0-BC7C-C4DFBF004E98@microsoft.com... > I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I > want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, ...

Mail Delivery Delay #3
Mail does not show up in the users Inbox for 30 to 45 minutes after a message was sent to the user. However, if the user clicks a folder other than Inbox then goes back to the Inbox, the mail will appear without delay. It's an XP PC running Outlook 2000 connected to an Exchange server 2003. Has anyone else seen this? I tried removing and adding back the Exchange service on the PC but it didn't help. Help! Thanks, Diane Make sure her automatic mail polling is set to no less than every 10 minutes. Anything less than that can cause this. "Diane" wrote: > Mail...

2 questions
hey, im making a timeline plan for school, and when i enter the date such a 3/2/06 it autocorrects it and changes it to 03/02/2006 which i dont hav enough room for. is there a way so it doesnt automatically change it? and the other is ive already typed up my table, disregarding the fac that the grey lines between each cell dont get printed. so how do i ad these lines so when i print it it comes out as a table, and can customise these lines? thanks for your help -- FAJIT ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FAJITA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

Get The World's Strongest Cars & Bikes In Cheapest Price #2
Get The World's Strongest Cars & Bikes In Cheapest Price ''Used Motorcycles in Dubai'' ''Export used cars from USA '' ''Crystal Motorcycle Helmet'' ''Fantastic Touch-Up Paint '' ''Body & Exterior Report'' ''Honda Motorcycle Supplier'' ''Free Articles on Storage'' Just visit the site and click On That Category that you Want It'z Totaly Free Of Cost http://laxcars.blogspot.com ...

Imbed an HTML doc in the body of an e-mail
For years I have received wonderful looking e-mails from vendors, advertisers, etc. who imbed an HTML doc into the body of their e-mail, so when I open the e-mail I am presented with a colorful, interactive document, yet I have NEVER been able to figure out how in the world they're doing it. Every time I try and insert an HTML document it simply goes as an attachment, NOT as the body of the document. I have specific customers I'd like to reach with attractive, interactive documents but I can't seem to figure out how. I'm using XP Pro '03. Can anybody help? Thanks, BW...

Retrieve Mail from Mail Retention
I am using Outlook 2003 and want to use the feature to recover deleted items in the deleted items folder. On my exchange server the following are set under the limits tab Retention period to keep deleted items is set for 30 days Retention period to keep deleted mail boxes is set for 30 days Also I have checked the box to not permanently delete any items until the store is backed up. However, in the deleted items folder when I go to tools and select recover deleted item the window is blank. I also tried setting a policy to retain deleted items for 30 days, but no help. Any suggestions? hav...

receive spam mails of other receiptants
I always receive spam mails which send to other receiptants (not send to me, no my e-mail address appear in send to or cc to)in my mail box. Is there any way to config exchange server 5.5 to stop that? Thanks, Somchin You were BCC'd. The only way to stop this is to get good content filtering/antispam software to keep the stuff from coming in in the first place. Somchin wrote: > I always receive spam mails which send to other > receiptants (not send to me, no my e-mail address appear > in send to or cc to)in my mail box. Is there any way to > config exchange server 5.5 t...

adding text #2
I am building a work schedule. I have different text and numerical codes for shifts (ob1, ob2, n, sac, 9-5, 1, AND ER) I want the schedule to add only the text I have in parenthesis. I want this to be a numerical value. I want it to ignore my day off code and Holiday Time(do, ht) Also after this I want another cell to show 12- the answer I received from the added days above. I do not want to change the format of my schedule. It has been used for years. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003 98xp pro -- Jay Taylor I'm not clear on what you want. First you say you want the schedule to add on...

Big mails from System Administrator
Hi all I get this message from the system admin: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Where's the wedding ring Sent: 8/18/2006 2:52 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Inge Dykman on 8/21/2006 8:36 AM This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. <CTTSRV001.cttourism.local #5.2.3> Question - this message shows as 850KB(for example) in my inbox as if the original mail is still attached to this not...

Track incoming mail from a different domain
I have this net configuration: -Windows 2003 Server wich is in charge of all net functions (loggin, email, web hosting) -Windows SBS 2003 with Microsoft CRM Server. As the Exchange is in the server that doesn't have CRM, i'm not able to see any incoming mail. Is there a way to set this up? ...

changing "default" primary mailing address?
I'm running Outlook 2000. When I create a new contact, the dialog by default selects "business" from the three options for mailing address (business, home, other). How can I change this default selection so that it will default to home, rather than business? Thanks. Adam You can use the information on this page to make the desired changes: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/homedefault.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Adam White <adam.white@nospam...