2 users access calendar online with different rights

hi

user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in
calendar online
http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/

user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment
in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A
and make entries and change entries

what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ?

thankx
mike schwarz

0
ctek (4)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch>
wrote:

>hi
>
>user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in
>calendar online
>http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/
>
>user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment
>in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A
>and make entries and change entries
>
>what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ?
>
>thankx
>mike schwarz

Help "user A" do all of this entirely in Outlook. Set the permissions
using those folders.
You can't do this inside Exchange.
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/26/2006 12:15:29 PM
wrote:

>hi
>
>user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in
>calendar online
>http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/
>
>user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment
>in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A
>and make entries and change entries
>
>what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ?
>
>thankx
>mike schwarz

oh, and no, you can't do it with OWA, you have to use Outlook to
assign the rights.
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/26/2006 12:16:11 PM
we did this in outlook
user A has added user B by clicking "share calendar" and added user B first
with level 2, then with "owner"
did not help. maybe some other rights needed on any other folder in the
structure ?

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch>
> wrote:
>
> >hi
> >
> >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in
> >calendar online
> >http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/
> >
> >user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment
> >in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of
user A
> >and make entries and change entries
> >
> >what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange
?

> >thankx
> >mike schwarz
> >

> oh, and no, you can't do it with OWA, you have to use Outlook to
> assign the rights.

0
ctek (4)
10/26/2006 1:39:33 PM
The rights do take some while to kick in and you are indeed a little
limited on what you can do in OWA. If you have too many rights in OWA
it's because you did setup with Owner rights and the reduction in
rights hasn't caught up.

If you're accessing OWA you don't need to grant any rights on any
folders in addition to what you have already done.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

turning off Outlooks access timer
I am using one freely available app, found here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes that finds and eliminates duplicates in Outlook folders, thanks to Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] who replied to my earlier queries. Problem is now that Outlook has some kind of security timer that will only allow access by an application for up to 10 minutes at a time. When you have over 20,000 items in some folders, well, thats not nearly enough time for access, and I am prompted again to allow access after 10 minutes, and that means that I have to sit here, almost as if doing these dupe finding ...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

Is there a way to list users currently logged into Exchange?
This sounds so basic, but I cannot for the life of me find a utility or way to determine who is logged into an Exchange server. This is for a 5.5 server, but I would also like to know for 2000/2003. The Mailbox Resource in Exchange Administrator lists te last logon and logoff time, but it is not an accurate way to tell at all (also doesn't account for OWA connections). Is the a Back Office tool or 3rd party app or freeware util or even script that will do this? Thanks! -------------------------------- From: Greg Slater ----------------------- Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://ww...

Environ(x) doesn't work for 1 user
I use Environ("username") to assign the network username to a variable. This works great except for one single user and it returns an error. I wrote a little function to print all the user environ variables and it works for that user, all the Environ variables are there. But I can't set any textbox to an Environ. All of her references match mine. We reinstalled Access - it's Access 03. I don't know where to go from here. Again, all other users have no problem. -- Regards Larry While I don't have an answer to your specific problem, my advise...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Forms.dic #2
Hi, I might have missed out something. After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic. After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc. Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine. Anything I miss out here? TIA, Sugih Were these forms modified? Is security pointing to the modified forms? The new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms. Most firms either copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation ...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...

Deny public folder access from Active Directory
Hi, I have a situation where I have various user accounts that share one mailbox. One master user account is created that has an e-mail account and other users users are created that do not have an e-mail account but have permissions to access the master user account mailbox. This works fine but seems to have one problem. When I try to deny access to public folders, I can only choose users from the address list to deny access. Obviously these secondary users do not have an address in the list and I cannot therefore choose them to deny access. I have created a group within AD and set deny perm...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

matrix item in rms 2.0
When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description." However with the old version I was able to do this. Is the description field more restricted in size? Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. Does anybody know ...

One Control for 2 codes
My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work Control 2 is under the line==== Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double, lngIntermediateID As Long Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim bModify As Boolean Dim ynCheque As Boolean, ln...

Adding users to Active Directory groups
We have installed CRM 3.0 on a server using a domain admin account. We also have a CRM Admin account on our domain that is used to administer CRM. This account is not a domain admin. We ahve noticed that when the CRM account adds a new user to CRM, the network account gets added to the UserGroup in AD. Can someone explain how that user account gets added to the AD group when the CRM admin account is not a domain admin and the site is running under Local System account? Is it still using the domain admin credentials that we used to install CRM? The CRM Admin account simply has rights to ad...

Shop Calendar needs to be expanded
Many firms, including customers of mine, change the number of hours worked per day (closing early on Friday, for example) and will plan extra shifts during selected weeks for seasonal work loads. These are company wide settings, not work center specific changes. The calendar functions need to be expanded. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

AutoCorrect #2
Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it. Robert, it is stored as a .ACL file ,do a search for *.acl and copy it to the new computer -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "robert gerald" <...

CRM 1.2 subnet change
I am moving my CRM servers to a different site for DR, and I need to know if I need to do anything to the server besides updating the DNS records with the new IPs. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks ...