2 Exchange servers how to.

I have a 2003 Exchange server. I wan't to have another Exchange 2003 server
off site connected to the office via VPN.  I would like to have the Offsite
server to have the same e-mail as the office server so if there is some kind
of disater then users could access mail from offsite.  Is there some docs on
how to do this? Can Exchange 2003 always send new mail to another server? so
mail can be read on both servers if needed?

Thanks
0
HLobell (5)

You will need third party software to help with this.  If you can wait for
E12, there will be some built in support for creating a disastery recovery
server offsite.  For third party tool like Neverfail,
http://www.neverfailgroup.com/products/nfexchange.asp

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"HLobell" <HLobell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a 2003 Exchange server. I wan't to have another Exchange 2003 server
> off site connected to the office via VPN.  I would like to have the
> Offsite
> server to have the same e-mail as the office server so if there is some
> kind
> of disater then users could access mail from offsite.  Is there some docs
> on
> how to do this? Can Exchange 2003 always send new mail to another server?
> so
> mail can be read on both servers if needed?
>
> Thanks

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
2/13/2006 5:35:49 PM
Here is some more info on Continuous Backup in E12.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Overview-E12-Features.html

--

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You will need third party software to help with this.  If you can wait for
> E12, there will be some built in support for creating a disastery recovery
> server offsite.  For third party tool like Neverfail,
> http://www.neverfailgroup.com/products/nfexchange.asp
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2006
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "HLobell" <HLobell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a 2003 Exchange server. I wan't to have another Exchange 2003
>>server
>> off site connected to the office via VPN.  I would like to have the
>> Offsite
>> server to have the same e-mail as the office server so if there is some
>> kind
>> of disater then users could access mail from offsite.  Is there some docs
>> on
>> how to do this? Can Exchange 2003 always send new mail to another server?
>> so
>> mail can be read on both servers if needed?
>>
>> Thanks

0
jcoliverjr (1013)

Windows server 2000 strange crash
Hi, i have a strange problem in my network, 1 dc 2000 server which is also dhcp server and dns server ,and 1 member server 2003 acting as fileserver. When rebooting the dc, it will work properly. Running dcdiag and netdiag will not show any problems, all tests passing, no errors, no warnings. But after 14 hours (at night when nobodys working), the DC simple stops findind himself...running netdiag gives dc_list and ldap errors, dcdiag wont even run, gives just an error 31 with ldap. After this, i get replication errors, problems with connectivity, leading to server stop responding...

Retrieve SMTP server name from Outlook 2003
I'm writing a email game which sends turn-files from one player to another. I'd like to make the configuration as simple as possible. At the moment, I can detect the default mailer client and, if it's Outlook Express, retrieve the SMTP server name from the registry. But, I can't find any entries for Outlook 2003. Does anyone know where Outlook 2003 stores the SMTP server name? I realise that this might be the sort of question that some script-kiddie might ask so they can do something nasty so I'm quite willing to mail you the current version of my game (0.4) and...

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

I clicked HTTP server what does incoming mail mean?
what do i type in incoming mail for HTTP server? "Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D52686D-B5D6-4C49-899F-6D3D5C2079B9@microsoft.com... > what do i type in incoming mail for HTTP server? Do you mean SMTP server? If so ask your Internet Service Provider. the server url - it only works for hotmail, msn and Exchange OWA addresses. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ ...

Can i apply 2 mailbox manager policies to the same mailstore ?
I have been reading up alot on this issue, and the only information i have been able to find is that you cant run more then 1 exchange recipient policy against the same user. My issue - I want to have a seperate mailbox manager policy run against each of my 4 mailstores to do a cleanup of inbox and sent / draft items. this policy moves the mail items into the deleted items folder for each mailstore. On top of this policy i want to have a policy that will delete all mail items older then 60 or 90 days depending on the mailstore from the deleted items, and delete them permanently. How ca...

Printing one pg item (visio), only prints 2nd 1/2 of page. Help?
I have a one page flowchart in Visio 2003. It fits an 8 1/2 x 11 page on print preview screen. When printed, only get 2nd half of the flowchart on the page, as though it only started printing from that point. All settings seem normal, am able to print normally in Word. Opened other visio flowcharts that had printed normally 30 minutes ago, and now only getting 2nd half of page. There were some printing issus with Visio 2003. Have applied the latest patch to Visio 2003 and are you using the latest printer drivers? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3...

Counting empty cells within a range of cells #2
A sheet can have a variable range of adjacent cells each containing the value =1 The range defines the perimeter of, or surrounds a group of empty cells however outside the perimeter, the remaining cells on the sheet are empty as well. The task is to count the empty cells that are surrounded by the perimeter of 1�s: To do this manually, I use the @countif (range=0) function however it requires that I go into the worksheet and select the range manually. I would like to do this by formula or macro. The knowns are: 1) The location of the start/end cell of the range 2) That the next cell in ...

Exchange 2003 Tracking Center
Im running Exchange 2003 and when I search for emails with the message tracking center they pull up but the subject line is left blank on all searches done. Do I have something miss configured that is causing the subject lines to be left blank? Thanks blusporttrac you have to enable "subject logging and display"...I do not believe it is enable by default... <blusporttrac@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1117119115.669602.209960@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Im running Exchange 2003 and when I search for emails with the > message tracking center they pull up...

changing Exchange primary windows account
How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. I want to change the primary windows account of all the users. can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody hv any tool. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Sri wrote: > How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 > mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. > I want to change the primary windows account of all the > users. > can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody > hv any tool. ...

New E2K3 Server
I recently installed our new E2k3 server into an existing E2k3 Org. I successfully moved all mailboxes and public folders to the new server. Whenever I try to administer user accounts/email addresses in ADUC, they are grayed out with the exception of the old email server. How do I go about fixing this issue? What is grayed out exactly? -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40B6D05A-3A23-4965-8976-1DCF4FD9E4CF@microsoft.com... >I recently installed our new E2k3 server into an exist...

Toggle Button Help 2
How do I configure a toggle button to toggle a cell between 2 differen colors (in this case from blue to white and back)? I only have half o the formula but don't know how to assign the other half of the toggl to change the cell back to white. Here's my formula: Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() Range("D20").Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 8 .Pattern = xlSolid End With End Sub How do I add the rest? Thanks.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Josiah, Answer Toggle question #2, you can assign the function: Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() I...

Mailboxes in Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server
I have implemented a policy to limit the mailbox size to 30000 K and implemented a 21 day Age Limit. However, 21 days has passed and the 30000 K limit has passed on more than 50% of our mailboxes. How can we enforce this policy to work properly and clean out the mailboxes to bring this down to 30 K. The policy I have created is running and reporting is enabled.It is configured for report only, but I would like this to change to "Move to deleted items folder". However, since nothing seems to happen as of yet...I am hesitant to make the change until I can see a change and tha...

Connect to Exchange 2003 from a different domain
Hi!! Sorry, I don't speak english well :-) This is my network: domain 1: NT and XP Clients using Outlook domain 2: Exchange 2003 Each client use LMHOST to view Exchange server. I can connect with it and the first time I use Outlook I need to write: username, password and domain. I write the username,... from Exchange domain and Outlook works fine. So, from time to time, Outlook opens a new window to write this parameters. It's a nightmare!!! I haven't a trust relationship from domain 1 to domain 2, and I haven't configured mailboxes, it use default parameters. I tried to...

block owa on Back-end server?
Hi, I have setup a Front-End server with Exchange server 2003 and OWA works fun. Now i want to block OWA on the Back-End server (Exchange 2003). That means I just want our users log onto OWA with Front-End server IP address ( Http://front-end ip/exchange)and do not want users log onto the OWA with the Back-End server IP address (Http://Back-end ip/exchange). Could you tell me how to do it? Any idea or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Mike You could do this by limiting what identities the Default Web Site(or whatever web site OWA is under), on the back-end server, will answer for....

Relay Problems #2
Hello Everyone, I have setup quite a few Exchange servers in my life, but the things that has now happened to me, is quite strange. I have a SBS 2003RC2 server running here, which keeps on relaying messages! I checked the relay, authenication, etc. settings. They're all like they have to be. I checked for virusses and spyware, no luck at all... In the meantime, I had to block port 25 to stop messages sending out. I put on the logging to the highest level, but it looke like they do not use any account to logon to the smtp server, which means it is an open relay. Quite strange with ...

MSN BillPay and Money 2007 #2
Has anyone had any experience with setting up MSN BillPay in Microsoft Money 2007? From Managing Online Services within Money 2007 I signed up for MSN BillPay and have my user name and password to make payments but limited to using the MSN Web Site. When I try to enter this info in Money 2007 to activate MSN billpay online services I get a message saying that I must have "special sign-in information" other than the web based user name/password and points me back to the MSN Web Site for the needed info. My problem is that I cannot find any mention of this special sign-in on any of t...

the system cannot find the file specified outlook 2003 #2
Attachments show up in emails, but when you try to open them, the messages comes up "the system cannot find the file specified", but other recipiants on same email can open theirs. ...

Using (1), (2), (3), etc. in Risks and Issues Category values?
Do most of you use numbers, like (1), (2), (3), to define Category values for Risks and Issues to keep it "the same" as the out-of-the- box values for Status? Just curious. Thanks Andy Novak UNT Andy, I have used both with numbers and without for projects, based on the clients maturity. I would suggest if you want to make it as easy as possible to differentiate between the different risk and issues categories, put the number in, it makes it much easier to see. Alex. On Feb 20, 8:48=A0am, "ano...@unt.edu" <ano...@unt.edu> wrote: > Do most of y...

Compatibility between SQL Server 2000 enterprise edition & SQL Exp
In our client site, they got HQ and 15 store installation and the RMS version is 1.3. Currently SQL Server 2000 Enterprise edition is installed at HQ and MSDE installations at stores. They are now going for upgrade to RMS2.0 SP2. Client requires maintaining SQL Server 2000 Enterprise edition at HQ server while installing SQL Express at store locations. 1. Would it cause any issues on HQ Server – Client communication? 2. Is RMS2.0 SP2 version employs SQL Server 2005 specific commands which will not run on SQL Server 2000 server. HQ database is about 9GB in size. When RMS2.0SP2 is insta...

Outlook Shutdown #2
I am able to send/receive emails thru Outlook 2003. However, the program will not completely shutdown (the icon remains in the lower right)and I have to use the task manager to complete the shutdown. Then, when I restart outlook, I receive the message to start in "safe mode". What could be keeping outlook from completely shutting down? (OS=XP prof, 56K modem shared on a home nw) Thanks, Tracy ...

help with 2 xl sheets...
I need help with 2 worksheets. first sheet is a time schedule sheet. I need to count the total number of shifts entered in a week The sheet is set up so columns are days of weeks, each person has 2 rows, top row is the start time bottom row is end time, time is entered is in 24Hr format and shifts start at various times of days. Second I have a row of numbers 1 to 20 that is averaged in row 21 in column A. Row 1 has the most current figure, row 20 is oldest, Can I set it up so I can enter the most current number in row 1 column A and all the existing figures automatically bump down 1 row? ...

ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? #2
I need to fine out how to save a hml workbook onto my website do I need to use ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? Kosta ...

Exchange client alternative ?
I have an exchange server with about 100 users. I have three computers where I want that about 40-60 people should have access to checking their mail WITHOUT logging off/on. I want that there should be one username to the computer and some other authentication at the email client side. I was thinking of using Outlook Express & implementing identities. I'd like to know if anyone has some other ideas. Thanks Peretz Stern Hi Peretz, You could use Outlook Express with different identities or you could use Outlook 2000 or above with a seperate profile for each user. You could go ...

Sum Formula #2
I have two spreadsheets in a workbook. One has forecasts by week and the other is used for planning purposes. I need to put sum formula in my planning sheet to add up the forecasts for a set period of time. The number of weeks to sum would vary by line (I have over 500 lines in my spreadsheet so don't want to have to do this manually. e.g If I need to sum 6 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:J6) If I need to sum 8 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:L6) If I need to sum 9 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:M6) TIA Rob With the number of weeks in cell B4 -- =SUM(OFFSET(Forecasts!E6...

Exchange 2000 - Additional Server
Hi We have 2 sites, connected via a 256k leased line, separated into 2 subnets. On the site with the Internet gateway, we have an Exchange server 2000, which currently all clients at both sites connect to via Outlook 2000. We have approx 25 users at each site. I would like to put a second exchange server at our remote site, so that when they get attachments etc, they don't have to wait forever etc. We would then have each person's mailbox on the server that they normally use, I can get my site log on scripts to deal with which Exchange server they use. I am thinking maybe we coul...