2 companies 1 exchange

Hi
Is it possible to host 2 companies mail (different AD) in 1 Exchange 2003
server? The companies is connected with an 10Mbit line. And if it is
possible, how will users at the site without the exchange be authenticated?

Tomppa

0
tofors99 (51)

Hi,

This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278888

Leif

"Tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Is it possible to host 2 companies mail (different AD) in 1 Exchange 2003
> server? The companies is connected with an 10Mbit line. And if it is
> possible, how will users at the site without the exchange be
> authenticated?
>
> Tomppa

Ok, thanks

Tomppa

"Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <Leif.pedersenNO-SPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278888
>
> Leif
>
> "Tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> Is it possible to host 2 companies mail (different AD) in 1 Exchange 2003
>> server? The companies is connected with an 10Mbit line. And if it is
>> possible, how will users at the site without the exchange be
>> authenticated?
>>
>> Tomppa

0
tofors99 (51)

Setting up out of office reply on exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. Thank you Leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is > off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with > internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. I'm confused - where does POP...

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

Email Rules in Exchange
We have a number of email rules on each PC using Outlook. To control all PCs from the Exchange server, can we define these rules somewhere within Exchange so that all email messages are evaluated before being passed on to the users' own PC This would simplify the management of the rules to reduce the spam and network load Thanks. Yeah man! Wouldn't that be nice? If Exchange came with a rules handler like Outlook, you could filter out a HUGE percentage of worthless spam. Outlook let's you filter on the contents of the entire message header (not just the stupid subject line). I...

Real Exchange 5.5 issues
I just attempted to upgrade my Exchange 5.5 server to sp4. It was not the smoothest process to say the least. When I open the exchange administrator console and click on the help menu then about it says version 5.5 (build 2653.23: Service Pack 4). However when I check the properties on the server, it says version 5.5 (build 2448.8: Service Pack 2). When I start the exchange admin in raw mode there is no way to change the version of the server and I am receiving errors when I try to generate new email addresses (KB article 158336). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Aaron Hi Aa...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Is there a way to list users currently logged into Exchange?
This sounds so basic, but I cannot for the life of me find a utility or way to determine who is logged into an Exchange server. This is for a 5.5 server, but I would also like to know for 2000/2003. The Mailbox Resource in Exchange Administrator lists te last logon and logoff time, but it is not an accurate way to tell at all (also doesn't account for OWA connections). Is the a Back Office tool or 3rd party app or freeware util or even script that will do this? Thanks! -------------------------------- From: Greg Slater ----------------------- Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://ww...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

10.1.4: First Class--as far as it goes
The improvements found in version 10.1.4 clearly signal that Microsoft listens to users and has been responsive in making some of the improvements that a number of us have advocated in our email to mswish@microsoft.com I had hoped for more bug fixes and improvements, particularly in Entourage, but will have to look forward to the next version. The installation and my subsequent test of Office components went well. I had, as required, previously installed 10.1.2. None of Office's components were renamed. I ran Repair Permissions first, turned off Office Notifications, disabled Norton Anti...

Environ(x) doesn't work for 1 user
I use Environ("username") to assign the network username to a variable. This works great except for one single user and it returns an error. I wrote a little function to print all the user environ variables and it works for that user, all the Environ variables are there. But I can't set any textbox to an Environ. All of her references match mine. We reinstalled Access - it's Access 03. I don't know where to go from here. Again, all other users have no problem. -- Regards Larry While I don't have an answer to your specific problem, my advise...

Exchange error #3
I am getting the following event in my exchange server system event with the event ID# 55: The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. pls run the chkdsk utility on the volume E:. My backup is also failing.. Can someone help me to resolve this issue? Thanks, SV Sounds like you have a physical disk problem. The event you reference is not from Exchange but from the OS. -- Tyrone Cowart Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Forms.dic #2
Hi, I might have missed out something. After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic. After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc. Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine. Anything I miss out here? TIA, Sugih Were these forms modified? Is security pointing to the modified forms? The new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms. Most firms either copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation ...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

Problem viewing public folder in Exchange System Manager
Hi, I receive the following error message when trying to expand the Public Folder tree in the Exchange System Manager. The error message takes about 2 minutes to pop up , with the hour glass displaying up to that point. "an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072746 Exchange System Manager There is no information anywhere on this error message as far as I can find, though I have seen it posted as a problem on other news groups with without responses. See http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=19;t=000143 for...

matrix item in rms 2.0
When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description." However with the old version I was able to do this. Is the description field more restricted in size? Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. Does anybody know ...

One Control for 2 codes
My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work Control 2 is under the line==== Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double, lngIntermediateID As Long Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim bModify As Boolean Dim ynCheque As Boolean, ln...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...