10x Conflict Message from Public Folder Store

Hi

We have received 5+ duplicate messages (some with attached duplicate
messages) in our public folder store.  In addition 10 conflict messages sent
to the public folder and all active directory users on the network.

The source of the original message is legit (one of our printers informing
the toner is low).

Multiple edits have been made to "Event:BLACK TONER LOW". The conflicting
edits have been attached to a conflict message in "Enquiry".

I have disabled the printer from sending emails and have sent a test email
to the public folder which arrived without problem.

What would cause such a conflict and how can I stop all users receiving
emails regarding them in the future?  Also why would it send 10 emails?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ben621 (41)

Conflict messages are sent to all Public Folder Owners.  Do you have
everyone listed as an owner?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Ben" <Ben@Newsgroups.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We have received 5+ duplicate messages (some with attached duplicate
> messages) in our public folder store.  In addition 10 conflict messages
> sent
> to the public folder and all active directory users on the network.
>
> The source of the original message is legit (one of our printers informing
> the toner is low).
>
> Multiple edits have been made to "Event:BLACK TONER LOW". The conflicting
> edits have been attached to a conflict message in "Enquiry".
>
> I have disabled the printer from sending emails and have sent a test email
> to the public folder which arrived without problem.
>
> What would cause such a conflict and how can I stop all users receiving
> emails regarding them in the future?  Also why would it send 10 emails?
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Ben
11/1/2005 3:35:01 PM
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:35:01 -0600, "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]"
<ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote:

>Conflict messages are sent to all Public Folder Owners.  Do you have
>everyone listed as an owner?

Actually, I believe they are sent to all public folder contacts.
0
adavid (8731)

Outlook / Frontpage conflict
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2002 SP2 and Frontpage 2002 SP2 getting along. In IE6 SP2 I'll click the Frontpage button to edit a page. Nothing happens. If I start Task Manager (WinXP), I find three or four outlook.exes running under "processes". I'll close them down and when I hit the last one, Frontpage will pop up. I can close the running Outlook and that will handle one of the instances of Outlook in the Task Manager, but I still have to close the remaining ones before Front Page will start. Does anyone have any idea why Outlook is not closing properly and why i...

Conflicting Appointments
How do I setup a room booking system, which ALSO prevents conflicting appointments being accepted All rooms have been setup as resources Any assistance would be appreciated. "a.dmello" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I setup a room booking system, which ALSO prevents conflicting appointments being accepted. > >All rooms have been setup as resources. > >Any assistance would be appreciated. If you want to do it with skill and aplomb then http://www.swinc.com/erm/ is your friend. There are also some cheap and cheerful solutions that invol...

Set Category while composing a new message
Hi, What is the fastest way to specify categories while composing a new message? i couldn't find the "Categories" tab\button as part of the new message ribbon. Categories are not available when you compose messages -its a privacy feature as it would be sent with the message and the recipient will see it. See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/send_categories.asp for a solution. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com On 8/2/2011 10:59 A...

Intelligent Message Filter and SMTP
I am running MS Exchange 2003 SBS. I currently use a 3rd party for SMTP and Exchange just runs on my SBS machine to pick up the mail from the 3rd party SMTP server. I set up IMF (Intelligent Message Filter) on the Exchange 2003 server. My question is this: Why is there not a UCE folder anywhere in c: \program files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot ? Do I have to have my Exchange server running the SMTP service for IMF to even work? Regards, Jeff Yes, IMF works at the SMTP transport layer - so if you're picking up your mail from an ISP using some kind of POP connector or similar mechanism - IMF ...

Missing Junk Mail Folder
I had a power cut recently and ever since I do not have a junk mail folder. I have run the inbox repair tool on all my pst's and my ost. I have tried the "outlook.exe /resetfolders" trick All not no avail Running outlook 2003 Sp3 Can anyone assist ? Have you also tried running Detect and Repair from the Help menu? Make sure you have your Office CD handy. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Billy" wrote: > I had a power cu...

retrieve deleted messages?
Is there a way to restore or retrieve a permanently deleted message from Outlook 2002 that uses a POP server? I held the shift key and hit delete without realizing that I shouldn't have done so!! Natively? Not unless you had made a backup, unfortunately. I've heard of a third party solution that purports to do this but I don't have it handy....perhaps someone else will respond. pooch wrote: > Is there a way to restore or retrieve a permanently > deleted message from Outlook 2002 that uses a POP server? > > I held the shift key and hit delete without realizing that ...

Can't find WM_COPYDATA message in Spy log
I am trying to find out where this WM_COPYDATA message is going. I succeed in finding the target dialog window, but the message never reaches its handler. I used Spy++ to try and locate it. I first tried to get the WM_COPYDATA message for all window messages. Nothing got captured. Then I turned on all window messages and captured all the messages and sifted through the log. Still no WM_COPYDATA. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? robbie CWnd * prevWnd, * childWnd; if( prevWnd = CWnd::FindWindow( "#32770", _T("My Application") ) ) { childWnd = prevWnd->GetL...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

Message Processing error
I have a user getting this error in her inbox over and over again. I can't find any information about the problem. if anyone has a solution for this it would be greatly appreciated. We are currently running outlook 2002 Your message with the subject "" could not be processed due to delays in processing of previous messages. Please report this error to your system administrator. newadmin <eli_ayoub@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a user getting this error in her inbox over and over again. I > can't find any information about the problem. if anyone has a solution &...

Keyboard Messages not intercepted when PreTranslateMessage is used
Hi Mine is a MFC ActiveX Ctrl. I am using PreTranslateMessage as follows so that keystrokes like backspace can be detected in IE, but though SendMessage gets called, the Keystrokes like Arrow keys, delete backspace don't function at all in ActiveX container as well as IE. Am I missing something or do I need to explicitly write WM_KEYDOWN (KEYUP) message handlers? Please let me know. BOOL CMegafleetPluginCtrl::PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) { switch (pMsg->message) { case WM_KEYDOWN: case WM_KEYUP: switch (pMsg->wParam) { c...

How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder
Hi All, We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links from excel to a particular folder in the web application. I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this requirement? Or any vbscript is available to do this task? Many Thanks, Atiya. ...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...

Excel on Mac 10X.
Using MAC 10.3. Get this message when opening Excel: VB Class not registered looking for object with clsid: (ac9f2f90-e877-11ce-9f68-00aa00574a4f). When he tries to open a spread sheet get message Object library not registered. First, try repairing disk permissions - if you don't know how, see http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/excel/troubleshooting.html Next, if it's installed, try removing the Acrobat PDF Maker plug-in from the Microsoft Office X:Office:Startup:Excel folder. If that doesn't work, look for any other files in that folder and move any that you find. Res...

Rules for external messages
Using Outlook 2007 emails are being delivered from an MS exchange server. I am in a support role and have the following questions regarding Rules. On a managers PC I have created a rule that assigns a Category to any emails with an "@" in the email address except those that are internal to our company "@xxxxx.com". This is so external emails stand out before being opened. This works fine for myself on my laptop but for an admin looking at a managers mailfile the rule only seems to work periodically. Should the rule run from the perspective of an admin who ha...

Test message 1
"Catherine Lane" <girllane2@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:49e71c3e$0$4046$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... Wrong newsgroup for test messages. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

spell check error message #2
Sending email with outlook results in an speel check error message. This only started recently. After clicking on ok twice the message is removed, the email is sent without being spell checked. Any sugestions Bill ...

Conflict
I am not able to search on IE without locking up. I am guessing it has something to do with my recently installed Outlook 2002. Any thoughts? ...

Original Messages w/ a reply dissapear from Inbox
Have a friend with Outlook XP. When he replies to an email, the Original Messages disappears from Inbox. Is this a setting? Where should be look for the original mail? He is in a completely different state, I only have phone contact with him. Thanks for everyone's help It's probably just hidden. Check View | Current View -- is it set to "Unread messages"? If so, that explains the problem -- when you reply to a message, it becomes "read" and so it disappears when an "unread messages" view is set. Change the view back to Messages and your hidden me...

Error Messaging moving to personal folder
Whenever I attempt to move multiple messages in Outlook 2000 to a Personal folder, I always receive a message that says "Cant move the items. Some items could not be moved. They were either already moved or deleted, or access was denied." If I move them one at a time, it works, but moving even two messages gives me the error. It only happens when they have attachments Check with your Exchange Admin (I'm assuming you're connecting to an Exchange Server) - I'm betting they are running AV software on the server that's holding this up. Also, try this: look for ...

Error messages and disabled 2000 Access dbs when opening them in 2007 Access
Just installed the upgrade from Professional 2000 to Professional 2007. Am not happy with the results - especially Access. I posted the following complaint about Access on the microsoft.public.office.misc and was told I needed to post it in an Access group. Not sure this is the right group. 2007 Access will not open any of my 2000 Access databases without a stream of error messages first and then will not allow me in through the switchboard without enabling it for only **1** session!! Only after working through/closing about 1/2 dozen error messages am I able to get to a "Secur...

Manually Composing HTML messages
Is there a way to compose messages in HTML in Outlook 2003 manually. I would like to type in HTML tags so that for instance, pictures do not have to be sent as attachments. When I compose a message in HTML mode any pictures are added as attachments. When I add HTML tags in plain text mode, the tags are displayed in the actual message, even when the receiving email client is set to accept HTML mail. Thank you. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will N...

conflict between My CRM E-mails tracking tokens and aThe Customer Activities tracking Tokens
Hello ! I send an e-mail Tracked in CRM regarding Contact person to a customer. The customer has his MSCRM working. My activity with for example "CRM:00020008" in the subject, when it coming to the customer E-mail it register as activity under contact in the customer CRM nothing to do with me. How can we resolve conflict between 2 different MSCRM installations that send e-mail to each other? Shai In your system settings for CRM, change the prefix on the tokens to something unique, like an abbreviation of your company's name, ie MyCo:200021. Logged in as a CRM Admin,...

Track Deleted Message
I have an instance where the boss or his secretary deleted a message and claim to have never received it. The Message tracking says that it was delivered to both mailboxes. ExMerge has a copy of the message in both users inboxes. The Veritas Backup shows it was in both mailboxes. Is there any way to determine who deleted it and when? No. "TrigonDisunity" <TrigonDisunity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C49D9491-3A5D-4892-81DE-42C655985DA9@microsoft.com... >I have an instance where the boss or his secretary deleted a message and > claim to have never...

Message unavailable
Why do I get message unavailable on my repy to a posted query on this site Brian, I think the servers on the Microsoft CDO interface are having problems as many people have said the same thing. If you are using Outlook Express or another newsreader, the messages are all there, but according to CDO, most are not there. So hopefully they will come back soon. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1476e01c3f8a6$64f31e20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Why do I get message unavai...

NDR Message
Can someone help me to what this message means? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ACCOUNT_NAME on 2/27/2005 10:43 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. < mx1.XXX.edu #5.1.1> I have send a test message to and from the account and it works correctly. How does one troubleshoot this? Exchange 2003 On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:13:04 -0800, "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microso...