0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode

I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all
was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN.  He also uses
offline mode and he has cached mode selected.  After the
migration when he was on the new server he was getting
the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions"
when he hit send and receive.

But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok.  He
wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive.

Does anyone know what would cause this?  All research I
have done says that it is an access issue, or a service
pack, windows update issue. I don't think it is access
issue because I can log into a machine on the domain as
him fine.  He has had XP SP1 installed for ages.  It
won't be an update issue he hasn't done updates in the
last week.  It only occurred after I migrated him to a
new Exchange 2003 server.

He has to work in offline mode because if he is in online
mode when he selects messages especially ones with
attachments it takes too long to open/ download them.

I recreated his profile and reinstalled Office 2003.  He
has the correct premissions to his mailbox (they are the
same as mine and i dont have any issues.

What would cause this issue when he is in Offline mode?
0
anonymous (74722)

Fixed the issue, just posting a solution and a follow up:
I went into work online in Outlook and then right-clicked on each
folder I wanted to synchronise and selected the Permissions tab. I
noticed when doing this that the 'Default' was set to no permission
for access to the folder.
2. So for each folder I wanted sync'ed (Calendar, mail, Contacts and
Sent items) I right-clicked, selected Permissions and then set the
Permissions for the default user to 'Owner'
3. Then, I went into Control panel ---> Mail ---> Email Accounts
--->View/Change Email. Then click on 'Change' and de-select use
Exchange Cached mode. Then click on 'More Settings" and under the
Advanced tab, click on "Offline Folder Settings and then "Disable
Offline use"
4. Now, make sure your outlook offline file is removed (either delete
it or back it up)�usually this is in C:\Docs &
Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.ost.
5. Now, restart Outlook and login in ONLINE mode. Once it is all fired
up, logout and make sure that Outlook is no longer running.
6. Next, go back to Control panel ---> Mail ---> Email Accounts
--->View/Change Email. Then click on 'Change' and ENABLE use Exchange
Cached mode. Then click on 'More Settings" and under the Advanced tab,
click on "offline Folder settings" and you should see that the file is
back again and should be newly created.
7. Finally, you will need to log back into Outlook in ONLINE mode and
click on each folder you want Synchronised and then press 'Shift-F9'
(Sync current folder).
8. Once this is done, logout of Outlook, re-login but this time login
under offline mode. You should be offline with a pretty much blank
canvas. Now (finally) select each folder you want to synchronise and
hit "Shift-F9" again, this time, you should get a much longer wait -
and the pop-up box (or right click on the "preparing to
send/receive.." in the bottom right hand of the screen) and you should
see your folder eventually get populated with the offline data�.

Hey guys, anyone know what would be causing this? I have a exchange 2000 and exchange 2003 servers running in the same administrative/routing group. I moved 1 user from the 2000 to the 2003 server. The user had a previous reoccuring meeting setup and the originator still on the 2000 server tried to make a modifcation and send it to the user that was moved. It came back saying that the meeting originator did not have permission to send to the recipient. The orginal error message was: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Updated: One on One...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

I do not have permissions to restore a .PST file
Outlook's PST file was backed up, but when I attempted to restore it in Outlook2002, it said I do not have permission. I have admininstrator rights. Is there any way to restore this PST file? Make sure the file isn't marked read-only. If it's on a CD, move it to your hard drive and remove the read-only attribute. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Steve Diaz" <steved@scripps.edud> wrote in message news:005f01c3507c$...

Do not have permissions to send
When someone in the Exchange organization tries to send an email to this recipient they get the following error. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <slidedesign.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for david@klugecompany.com> What does this mean? All other email appears to be delivered properly. Hi, This usually means a problem on the receiving end. I can occur if: 1. Misconfiguration in DNS - the MX record is getting resolve to an IP that does not accept messages for klugecompany. Notice the error line...

Dexterity Runtime: You do not have permissions to open this file
So, I have a users that is getting: "Dexterity Runtime: You do not have permissions to open this file" I checked and I ensured that she has the same permissions on the network as other users and she can get to all the files in the GP directory on the server. I had the admin reset her password in Great Plains and that didn't work either. I had one of the other users log into her computer and it worked fine too. Any Clues. Is this happening when first logging into GP? If so, it's typically a Windows permission error on the reports.dic (usually this happens when it...