0x8004010f error starting Exchange 2003 info store

I've deployed a few Exchange 2007 servers in our org and moved some mailboxes
to them.  Additionally, I've moved some roles (OAB generation, RUS...) to
those Exchange 2007 servers.  Immediately, and without warning, our Exchange
2003 servers are no longer able to start their Information Store or MTA Stack
services.  When trying to start the info store, I get these two errors:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
Event Category:	General
Event ID:	1121
Date:		4/24/2007
Time:		4:34:13 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	EXCH7
Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory.

and

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
Event Category:	General
Event ID:	5000
Date:		4/24/2007
Time:		4:34:13 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	EXCH7
Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.   -
Error 0x8004010f.

I've seen lots and lots of articles and blurbs about missing objects in AD,
lacking permissions on objects in AD, needing to re-run /domainprep....none
of these items have helped.

I'm quite sure that Exchange 2007 has botched our environment somehow, but I
have no idea how to get things back to normal.  Anyone have any experiences
with this?

Try moving the RUS back to the 2003 Server.

Hope this helps.

Steve Antonio, CISSP
Microsoft Exchange Support

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:16:11 -0700, digitalis99
<digitalis99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've deployed a few Exchange 2007 servers in our org and moved some mailboxes
>to them.  Additionally, I've moved some roles (OAB generation, RUS...) to
>those Exchange 2007 servers.  Immediately, and without warning, our Exchange
>2003 servers are no longer able to start their Information Store or MTA Stack
>services.  When trying to start the info store, I get these two errors:
>
>Event Type:	Error
>Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
>Event Category:	General
>Event ID:	1121
>Date:		4/24/2007
>Time:		4:34:13 PM
>User:		N/A
>Computer:	EXCH7
>Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory.
>
>For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>
>and
>
>Event Type:	Error
>Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
>Event Category:	General
>Event ID:	5000
>Date:		4/24/2007
>Time:		4:34:13 PM
>User:		N/A
>Computer:	EXCH7
>Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.   -
>Error 0x8004010f.
>
>For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>

>I've seen lots and lots of articles and blurbs about missing objects in AD,
>lacking permissions on objects in AD, needing to re-run /domainprep....none
>of these items have helped.
>
>I'm quite sure that Exchange 2007 has botched our environment somehow, but I
>have no idea how to get things back to normal.  Anyone have any experiences
>with this?
0
steveant (150)
4/25/2007 2:53:49 AM
I had actually done that already based on the impression I got from a blog
post somewhere about RUS not existing in Exchange 2007 although the servers
will appear in the list of available RUS servers as long as they are not
front-ends.

This hasn't made any impact so far.  Do I have to force an update somewhere
or wait for a maintenance cycle until it takes effect?

"Steve Antonio [MSFT]" wrote:

> Try moving the RUS back to the 2003 Server.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Steve Antonio, CISSP
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:16:11 -0700, digitalis99
> <digitalis99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I've deployed a few Exchange 2007 servers in our org and moved some mailboxes
> >to them.  Additionally, I've moved some roles (OAB generation, RUS...) to
> >those Exchange 2007 servers.  Immediately, and without warning, our Exchange
> >2003 servers are no longer able to start their Information Store or MTA Stack
> >services.  When trying to start the info store, I get these two errors:
> >
> >Event Type:	Error
> >Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
> >Event Category:	General
> >Event ID:	1121
> >Date:		4/24/2007
> >Time:		4:34:13 PM
> >User:		N/A
> >Computer:	EXCH7
> >Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory.
> >
> >For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> >
> >and
> >
> >Event Type:	Error
> >Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
> >Event Category:	General
> >Event ID:	5000
> >Date:		4/24/2007
> >Time:		4:34:13 PM
> >User:		N/A
> >Computer:	EXCH7
> >Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.   -
> >Error 0x8004010f.
> >
> >For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> >

> >I've seen lots and lots of articles and blurbs about missing objects in AD,
> >lacking permissions on objects in AD, needing to re-run /domainprep....none
> >of these items have helped.
> >
> >I'm quite sure that Exchange 2007 has botched our environment somehow, but I
> >have no idea how to get things back to normal.  Anyone have any experiences
> >with this?

I take it from the general silence on this issue that it's another MS "oops,
we never thought of that happening"?

I'm still completely unable to start the info store service on any Exchange
2003 server in my org.  The objects defining the stores are still present in
the AD config containers, the permissions on all relevant objects are
present, and none of the information I've read explains a problem that
actually exists with my infrastructure.

Surely someone else has experienced this?

"Steve Antonio [MSFT]" wrote:

> Try moving the RUS back to the 2003 Server.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Steve Antonio, CISSP
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:16:11 -0700, digitalis99
> <digitalis99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I've deployed a few Exchange 2007 servers in our org and moved some mailboxes
> >to them.  Additionally, I've moved some roles (OAB generation, RUS...) to
> >those Exchange 2007 servers.  Immediately, and without warning, our Exchange
> >2003 servers are no longer able to start their Information Store or MTA Stack
> >services.  When trying to start the info store, I get these two errors:
> >
> >Event Type:	Error
> >Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
> >Event Category:	General
> >Event ID:	1121
> >Date:		4/24/2007
> >Time:		4:34:13 PM
> >User:		N/A
> >Computer:	EXCH7
> >Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory.
> >
> >For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> >
> >and
> >
> >Event Type:	Error
> >Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
> >Event Category:	General
> >Event ID:	5000
> >Date:		4/24/2007
> >Time:		4:34:13 PM
> >User:		N/A
> >Computer:	EXCH7
> >Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.   -
> >Error 0x8004010f.
> >
> >For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> >

> >I've seen lots and lots of articles and blurbs about missing objects in AD,
> >lacking permissions on objects in AD, needing to re-run /domainprep....none
> >of these items have helped.
> >
> >I'm quite sure that Exchange 2007 has botched our environment somehow, but I
> >have no idea how to get things back to normal.  Anyone have any experiences
> >with this?

ExMerge and 2003?
Ok,, dumb question. But is there an Exmerge for 2003 or can I use my old 5.5 version? If there is a 2003 version, where the heck is it? I have both standard and enterprise and I can't find in on the disks. mike http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163EC-DCDF-47DC-96DA-1C12D67327D5&displaylang=en Chad "mike" wrote: > Ok,, dumb question. But is there an Exmerge for 2003 or can I use my old > 5.5 version? If there is a 2003 version, where the heck is it? I have both > standard and enterprise and I can't find in on the disks....

Run time error #2
I have just started getting a Run Time error message when I shut down Outlook. I just recently cleaned up cookies, my cache, and other Internet files. What gives? How do I make this go away and just return to normal? Help! ...

Start Access after logging-in
Using Access 2000. Users have restricted access to B/E files in the server based on the VB Script associated with their UserName. For example USERr 1 has access to files in dirve Q only, or USER 2 has access to drives Q and R. No problem here. My Q. is: Can the VB Script open automatically a F/E file? For example, when USER 1 logs-in his F/E file opens automatically. Also, once users quit/exit the F/E can they automatically be logged-off? Or, If you can give a newsgroup that could help me, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Never mind... I fuigured it out... "Ricoy-Chi...

How to get formulas starting from the referenced cells
Hi all, I've cells on a sheet which are referenced by formulas which are on different sheets (about 20) on the same workbook, and I'm looking for a way to get all these formulas. I've tried: 1) The Trace command, but I see only a table icon every time I've this type of reference 2) The Find command, but there are cell references wrote in different manners (ie B2, $B2, B$2, $B$2), and formulas which refer to results of other formulas that refer to the cells, so it's not so simple to trace all the dependencies Any help is appreciated Thanks Dario I'm not sure I full...

Error Code 0X8004010F with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003
I am getting Error Code 0X8004010F when I hit the send/receive button. Mail is flowing normally, though. There is no error message with Outlook 2000 connecting to the same Exchange 2003 server. We are using Cached mode with the Outlook 2003 client, but the error appears even if I disable that option. The error code appeared when I initially installed Exchange 2003, and went away. It has mysteriously returned. Does anyone know what the error is and how it can be resolved? Thanks. Paul, We recently upgrade to 2003 and found the following stopped the error: In Outlook 2003, choose ...

Account info broken again, does this happen to all?
This is yet another day, when MS Money 2008 cannot access and download account information. It seems like this happens a lot, maybe 2 days out of 5. So here I am unable to access my account data and I'm wondering, is this happening to everyone? Is there somewhere I can complain to? Why wont Microsoft fix this? -rwg On Nov 7, 2:16 pm, rwg <rwgreene...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is yet another day, when MS Money 2008 cannot access and download > account information. > > -rwg After 10 hours, withOUT booting my machine, but restarting MS Money 3 times, it finally connec...

OAB 0x8004010f
I am running Exchange 2003, and have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, now I am getting send/receive error 0x8004010F, after looking in the system manager I realized the offline address book did not get moved from the old exchange 2000 server which no longer exists. I deleted the OAB and created a new one, however I'm still getting the error message. I'm not sure if I did something wrong when I created the new OAB, or if there is something else I need to do? Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Thanks for your help. Hi Landon, After deleting the OAB you need to wait at leas...

How can I find what is causing this error
What typically causes the "Microsoft Excel has encountered an error an needs to close, etc, etc," error and crashes Excel? IF there is typical cause -- Kevla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kevlar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=723 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26696 hi, that is general protection fault or GPF. it is cause by various things. Post again under Crashes & GPFs. >-----Original Message----- > >What typically causes the "Micr...

Exchange server up gradation.
Hi! There, What are the safe steps to upgrade the e2k on win2k to e2k3 Regards You can do an in-place upgrade (insert E2K3 media, run setup), or you can install a new E2K3 server and move all the mailboxes over to it. Your choice. Both are relatively easy and safe. Upgrading in-place is fairly painless for most situations, and will probably be easiest if you don't have another server that you can use for this. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "msnews.microsoft.com" <shahzad.asghar@netsolpk.com> wrote in message news:%23aELuPgoEHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl......

Moving back to Outlook 2000 from 2003
If I want to move back to 2000 from 2003 can I export my old emails to 2000? Is there any way to save emails and archive them on an external source? SteveS <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I want to move back to 2000 from 2003 can I export my > old emails to 2000? Yes, but don't use export. Simply create a new PST with File>New>Outlook Data File>Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst). Then, copy the items you wish to transfer to OL2000 to the old-style PST. That PST will then open in OL2000 with File>Open>Personal Folders File >...

Visio 2002 2003
I have visio 2002 on my computer. I am an MSDN member and have the 2003 version too. Should I upgrade and do I need to uninstall the 2002 before loading the 2003? I also have a problem in getting Visual FoxPro to show in the window so that I can generate a database in VFP. What do I need to do to accomplish this? John -- ------- Sender: John P. Chambers Business: Discovery Center, Inc. Hm. Ph. (713) 465-4209 Bus. Ph.: (713) 963-0043 Texas Licenses: Fax Ph.: 713 - 465-6069 LMSW-ACP, LMFT, 6024 Fairdale LPC, LCDC Houston, Texas ...

Why do we get a NaN error when submitting in PWA?
We are using MS Project 2007 SP1 and Project Web Access (IE 6.0) We've used Project Professional for almost 3 years now, and have only received this error less than a dozen times. A user will update a percentage in the My Tasks section of PWA, and it submits as if accepted. However, they show a "Not Accepted" message in the % field. The Admin receives an e-mail as normal, but with "Completion: NaN"....but the Admin can still approve the submission in PWA and it updates Project Professional with the correct percentage. The only true issue we can find is...

OAB Problems (0x8004010F)
We've been having 0x8004010F errors trying to download/sync the Offline Address Book in Outlook since we migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 The OAB is being generated correctly - new users don't suffer the problem, only users existing at the time of transfer. In fact, if users log on under their old domain account (there is an associated external account), then they can sync. However if they log in under the new account no joy. They can still function online - emails go to and fro, and calendar works without a problem. The choose address book combo in the Download Of...

Runtime error 1004 application-defined or object-defined error
I tried to pose this on another group, MS Excel and VBA, but it still has not been posted, and I realize now that this group is much more active and accessible. . . . I am getting the error: "Runtime error 1004 application-defined or object-defined error" in the code provided below at this line of code: .Cells(StartRow + n - 1, 5).Value = _ WordDoc.Comments(n).Scope It is processing comments in a Word document and outputting them into Excel cells. It works fine on another document, but not on this particular document. However, the de...

Exchange down #2
Hello, After some much needed help on this one.... Last night our SAN connection to Exchange (2003 std ed) went and so did our logs and DB, after 4 hours Exchange was back and we went home. This morning after 2 hours of user in and working the SAN connection went again this time taking the finance server too, - great!! Managed to get a working solution but we could only manage to ensure one server connected to SAN, as Finance is Progress it got the SAN. We moved (properly) via Exchange the priv and pubs to a local disk of the server and also the logs, Exchange was fine until the SAN ...

Not found error 204: item not in database
I created a work order for a customer and every time I bring it up , I get "Not found error 204: item not in database". then the work order comes up. I was wondering what is up with this? brent hi seems this error. the item which you used in work order has been deleted. Please check the printed work order and then go to store manager and find that it exists. Also "Brent" wrote: > I created a work order for a customer and every time I bring it up , I get > "Not found error 204: item not in database". then the work order comes up. > I was ...

error message #8
How do I install Money 2004 and set it up to use Norton Utilities? In microsoft.public.money, bkoch wrote: >How do I install Money 2004 and set it up to use Norton >Utilities? Try it? If no go, read various opinions and experiences that have been posted: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=50&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=nav+norton&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.money&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_mi...

Exchange Administrator Hangs
Hi, My exchange administrator tool hangs on startup at the "Restoring the saved desktop" stage does anyone have any ideas how to get round this. Server has been rebooted to no avail. Server is NT4.0 SP6a and exchange is 5.5 Jeff My guess is that you have deleted a server from your ExchangeOrg. Admin.exe remembers which servers it has "talked to" and when that server is gone the admin.exe takes a long time to time-out. either you have to be patient or start the admin.exe with "admin.exe /s <servername>" where <servername> is a a good working Exc...

PowerPoint Movie Error Code 0x80040E23
I recently began using Windows Movie Maker (came loaded with Vista on a Dell computer purchased in April of 2009). Today, I took a video clip and edited it down to use in a PowerPoint. I "published" it to "this computer." It was saved as a wmv file. When I attempted to drop it into PowerPoint, it would not play. I tried putting it in through "insert" (movie and sounds) and also by pulling it in as a media clip. When trying to pull it in as a media clip, an error box came up with the message "Clip Organizer cannot complete the operation. ...

smtp error message
hi to all i'm receiving this error message: source: smtpsvc eventid: 2013 SMTP could not connect to any DNS server. either none are configured or all are down. please help, thanks in advance =?Utf-8?B?YXJ0?= <art@antcom.co.il> wrote in news:542485F4-2D68-4569-AF75-6A83E88459DD@microsoft.com: > i'm receiving this error message: > source: smtpsvc eventid: 2013 > SMTP could not connect to any DNS server. either none are configured > or all are down. Do you have DNS servers correctly defined in your network settings? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: htt...

Money 2004 wont start
I have been using the trial version. All of a sudden, I get the incountered error message. I tried reloading, uninstalling, reinstalling, but it still wont start. What do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Error while archiving
Trying to do file archive sent items to a personal network share. Trying to archive items older than 1/1/2003. Estimate 4000 items fall in this range. I get an error message "Error while archiving... folder .... mailbox.... Some items could not be either moved or deleted or access was denied." I'm using Outlook 2002. I've installed all Office serivice packs and fixes. ...

Error using derived simpleType as attribute in XSD -> DataSet
I have been given a schema, instances of which I'm required to be able to consume and generate. I'd like to be able to manipulate these instances as DataSets internally in my application. The schema defines the following simpleType: <xs:simpleType name="cs"> <xs:restriction base="xs:token"> <xs:pattern value="[^\s]*"/> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> If I'm reading that correctly, it's not that different from a normal xs:token - it simply imposes the extra restriction that the token contain no whit...

Error 1311
When installing MS Office Publisher 2007 this message pops up. "Error 1311 source File, E:"\Y1561401.CAB. What does this mean and why am I not able to continue installing? I am wourking with MS Vista Home Premium. Try copying the entire contents of the CD to a folder on your hardrive. Run the setup.exe from there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "PixelKing" <PixelKing@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message news:786F8592-F3B1-4B3A-82AD-7F2D57082AF9@microsoft.com... > When i...

Exchange 5.5 #13
Hi there, To be honest, my experience on Exchange 5.5 server has been minimal. I have been briefly told that a client is running Exchange 5.5 Server in his organisation. The users in that organisation already have email address of for example: joe.bloggs@doorlock.com Now the client wants that some of the users should maintain that email address and some of the users should get an email address of: richard.branson@woodenframe.com Therefore, the end result will be that 500 users will be having and email address ending with ...@doorlock.com and the rest 200 will be having ....@woodenf...