0x80004005 connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory

I am looking for some suggestions/guidance to an issue I am having.  I
am working on configuring a 2 node active-passive cluster. The OS is
Windows 2003 Server Ent. with SP1. I have the cluster working properly
and failover for the base cluster group and MSDTC are working properly.

I have installed Exchange 2003 Ent. on both cluster nodes along with
SP1. Everything starts fine on NODE1. However, on NODE2 only the System
Mgmt service and the System Attendent service start. When I attempt to
start the InfoStore I get the above error along with Event ID 5000's
and Event id 7024.

I have checked the articles posted in the MS knowledgebase and they
have not resolved my issue.  Has anyone come across this and might know
how to reoslve the issue.

Thank you,
Tom

0
tashwort (13)

Have you ensured that you can write to those drives on that Node?

How did original the install go?

What is your setup/infrastucture?
--
Jonathan
No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????

"tgash70" wrote:

> I am looking for some suggestions/guidance to an issue I am having.  I
> am working on configuring a 2 node active-passive cluster. The OS is
> Windows 2003 Server Ent. with SP1. I have the cluster working properly
> and failover for the base cluster group and MSDTC are working properly.
>

> I have installed Exchange 2003 Ent. on both cluster nodes along with
> SP1. Everything starts fine on NODE1. However, on NODE2 only the System
> Mgmt service and the System Attendent service start. When I attempt to
> start the InfoStore I get the above error along with Event ID 5000's
> and Event id 7024.
>
> I have checked the articles posted in the MS knowledgebase and they
> have not resolved my issue.  Has anyone come across this and might know
> how to reoslve the issue.
>
> Thank you,
> Tom

You may want to post this in the Clustering section too..
--

"tgash70" wrote:

> I am looking for some suggestions/guidance to an issue I am having.  I
> am working on configuring a 2 node active-passive cluster. The OS is
> Windows 2003 Server Ent. with SP1. I have the cluster working properly
> and failover for the base cluster group and MSDTC are working properly.
>

> I have installed Exchange 2003 Ent. on both cluster nodes along with
> SP1. Everything starts fine on NODE1. However, on NODE2 only the System
> Mgmt service and the System Attendent service start. When I attempt to
> start the InfoStore I get the above error along with Event ID 5000's
> and Event id 7024.
>
> I have checked the articles posted in the MS knowledgebase and they
> have not resolved my issue.  Has anyone come across this and might know
> how to reoslve the issue.
>
> Thank you,
> Tom

Hi Jonathan,

Yes I can write to the drives. I have already tested that.

The original install of Exchange had one warning about mapi32.dll being
the wrong version. I thought that this was weird since I do not have
Outlook or any mapi compliant email clients installed. Just Windows
2003 w/Sp1 and Excahnge 2003.

Setup infrastructure is Dual IBM HS40 Blade servers connected to a
DS4300 turbo disk storage system. Blades boot from disk storage system.
Node1 works fine(and did not have to MAPI32.DLL warning). Node2 won't
start the Info Store resource in the EVS.

BTW: I did post the same question over in the cluster group as well.

Thanks,
Tom

0
tashwort (13)
1/8/2006 2:43:26 PM
Hi Jonathan,

Yes I can write to the drives. I have already tested that.

The original install of Exchange had one warning about mapi32.dll being
the wrong version. I thought that this was weird since I do not have
Outlook or any mapi compliant email clients installed. Just Windows
2003 w/Sp1 and Excahnge 2003.

Setup infrastructure is Dual IBM HS40 Blade servers connected to a
DS4300 turbo disk storage system. Blades boot from disk storage system.
Node1 works fine(and did not have to MAPI32.DLL warning). Node2 won't
start the Info Store resource in the EVS.

BTW: I did post the same question over in the cluster group as well.

Thanks,
Tom

0
tashwort (13)
1/8/2006 2:44:37 PM
Have you looked at the versions of the mapi32.dll?
--

"Jonathan Norris" wrote:

> You may want to post this in the Clustering section too..
> --
> Jonathan
> No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????
>

> "tgash70" wrote:
>
> > I am looking for some suggestions/guidance to an issue I am having.  I
> > am working on configuring a 2 node active-passive cluster. The OS is
> > Windows 2003 Server Ent. with SP1. I have the cluster working properly
> > and failover for the base cluster group and MSDTC are working properly.
> >

> > I have installed Exchange 2003 Ent. on both cluster nodes along with
> > SP1. Everything starts fine on NODE1. However, on NODE2 only the System
> > Mgmt service and the System Attendent service start. When I attempt to
> > start the InfoStore I get the above error along with Event ID 5000's
> > and Event id 7024.
> >
> > I have checked the articles posted in the MS knowledgebase and they
> > have not resolved my issue.  Has anyone come across this and might know
> > how to reoslve the issue.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Tom

Jonathan,

I was able to resolve my issue yesturday afternoon. Everything is
working normally now.

Thanks again,
Tom

0
tashwort (13)

OWA Connection
Hi, Do I need some sort of GPRS/WAP/GSM connection service when using OMA? I'm in the UK if this make any difference. Regards Yes you need some type of network/internet connection via 802.11b (Wireless) GPRS/WAP/GSM, or via your activesync/hotsync cable. GPRS/WAP/GSM isn't the only connection method you have to use. Do you see any errors on the screen? Regards -- Ben Hoffman MVP Exchange http://www.exchangeis.com "Seamster15" <Seamster15@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8008CE8-DBB0-4CFC-9C47-BF4139EFCC4C@microsoft.com... > Hi, >...

Add Company Name to Activity Detail Report
Hi All, I have the following query to extract the contacts company name. I need to have this show on the Activity Detail report however, when I add the code to the DSMain dataset, It only returns the company name with no other data. Here is the code for the query: SELECT dbo.MCSvw_Activity.activitytype, dbo.MCSvw_Activity.username, dbo.MCSvw_Activity.datecreated, dbo.MCSvw_Activity.Regarding, dbo.MCSvw_Activity.Subject, dbo.MCSvw_Activity.Description, CASE WHEN objecttype = 2 THEN contact.parentcustomeridname ELSE CASE WHEN objecttype = 1 T...

Help with activating window from Application.GetOpenFilename
I am new to VBA and I have spent hours trying to solve the following macro. Currently, this code works how I want it except I would like to change the of the file names of "Book1.xls" and "Book2.xls" to file paths for variables "sFile1" and "dFile". For example, if I selected "Book4.xls" and "Book5.xls", I would like the activewindow to be reflected these file paths instead. thanks for any help! Curt J Sub CopyPaste() Dim sFile As Workbook Set sFile = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename) Dim dFi...

e-connect adapter error message for missing inventory item
I was using IM without the e-connect adapter and every time a nonexistent inventory item was in the data source, the integration will give me the correct error message: Inventory item.... does not exist, non-inventoried items not allowed. I have switched the same integration to use e-connect. When I get the same situation as mentioned above, I get a message to the effect that the UofM for the item is not specified. Has anyone heard of this problem and is there a way to get the appropriate message? thanks, -- Patti Hi, There is some difference between these two. For Eg: If you ...

Internet connection problem using the connection wizard
I have just restored my server from a backup and now when I try to use the connect to the internet wizard it fails with messages at each stage of "Network Configuration", "Firewall Configuration" and "E mail configuration" At each stage a message is displayed " an error occured while configuring a component - to continue with the wizzard & configure remaining components click OK" I think somthing has not restarted when I reinstalled the system from a backup. On startup it wans a component has not started and in the log a repot states ...

ID-2036 Details: The files or Directory is corrupted & unreadable(
The Operation failed since DPM was unable to access the file/folder \\?\Volume{bd09b83e-f4dd-4047-8c81-54b708449bbe}\***********************.xls\ on **********.com. This could be due to the file/folder being corrupt or the file system on the volume being corrupt. (ID 2036 Details: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable (0x80070570)) See if you are able to open (double click-> open) the xls file in question. The error code indicates that the file is corrupt. Thanks, Seshagiri [MSFT]. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Dial Phone from Active Excel Cell
I'd like to dial a phone number contained in the current cell in Excel 2003. I have a voice modem. I've Googled and searched microsoft.com and I can't find it anywhere, if it's possible at all. I've see shareware that makes it possible, but if I can't do it for free I'll live with it. Can anyone enlighten me? TIA Neill -- Wayfarer Journeys: http://www.journeys.ws/ Live light, dream true, burn bright... Neill, try this. Sub CellToDialer() 'Here's some VBA code from John Walkenbach "Excel 2000 Power Programming With VBA" book. 'It u...

Connect to smb shares from WindowsCE
Hi all, I have a little question about SMB support on WindowsCE 6.00. It is possible to connect a WinCE device to a network share (e.g. from XP/Vista/Seven) ? I know how configure a SMB server on the device but how can I configure a SMB Client ? Best regards Fabrice afaik you need the network utilities component and "net use" from the device (or write your own "net use" code of course). Good luck, Michel Verhagen, eMVP Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog GuruCE Microsoft Embedded Partner http://GuruCE.com Consultancy, training and de...

SQL2008 connection error
Hi, I just migrated SSRS2005 tp SSRS2008. My question is, 1. I can't connect to SQL 2008 at all, I tried ODBC and SSRS reports. TCPIP is enabled. 2. Now the SSRS 2008 url is http://servername /prodreports, How do I change the URL to reports.company.com Thnaks, Hi, can you try outside of SSRS (via ODDB Admin) if you are able to connect to the ODBC datasource. If you are using SQL 2008 I would recommend the Sql Server Managed Provider instead of ODBC. You can change the url reservations in the RS Config Tool (RSCONFIGTOOL.EXE) Best Regards Klaus Sobel &...

Multiple CRM 3.0 instances connecting to a single Database?
HI, we are looking to deploy MS CRM 3.0 to multiple countries. In order to take advantage of the customization, we are planning to have 2 separate instances of CRM (one for each country). The question that I have is: Can we have 2 separate CRM instances using the same SQL Server database? Yes this will work. I have done this on a number of client deployments without issue. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com <rahulpat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171300101.119177.61940@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > HI, we are look...

WinXP Pro SP3 Activation Problem
Every time I start up WinXP a pop up button announces I only have four days to activate it. I go into windows activation and it says the product is already activated. How do I get rid of the Activation prompt when I boot XP? TIA "Rob" wrote: > Every time I start up WinXP a pop up button announces I only have four days > to activate it. I go into windows activation and it says the product is > already activated. How do I get rid of the Activation prompt when I boot XP? > TIA > . > See the following KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/...

Connection Problems
Hi We were hoping that you could give us some indication as to where we must look to solve a very frustrating problem which is occuring continuously on my computer. The problem is as follows: My computer details are as follows: Windows 98 Office 2000 40 Gb Hard Disc Memory 200+ Ram I use Outlook for all my emails. Explorer for Internet What is happening is when we connect to the internet and/or e.mail we find that every time we receive a mail or send a mail whilst there is another mail coming in, we get bell type sound (ringing) which results in the connection stopping either incomin...

Outlook 2003 Won't Connect to Any Servers
Here's my setup: Outlook 2003, Build 5608 Active Sync v. 3.5 WinXP Pro I've upgraded this morning to Outlook 2003, the rest of my office xp suite is in tact. This morning everything was working fine as far as email goes. Now that I've upgraded to 2003, no mail servers can be reached. Everything ported over from Outlook XP (2002), but none of my email works! I found where someone suggested deleting my profile in control panel which I did. Still no luck connecting to my Pop3 or hotmail accounts through Outlook 2003. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Problem solved. For some r...

Closed activities
Hi.... Can anyone tell me if we are missing something.... When we track emails through outlook... we've occasionally 'tagged' them to the wrong item... ie. an account rather than a case... CRM immediately creates the email activity and closes it... so we can see no way to correct our mistake and associate the email with the correct entity... Is there something we've missed? Mny thanks, Mark. ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 / Virtual PC Demo Download from Microsoft
Hi all, i have a question about the Virtual PC Demo of CRM 3.0 that you can download from Microsoft. I downloaded this at Microsoft to play around with MS CRM and to test some things. This Virtual PC Image with CRM runs until June or July 2007. Now i have the question if there is a chance to have this running until the end of 2007. Is the limitation in the Virtual PC Image or the Server or in CRM ? We have here a valid CRM license with our MSDN so can i install this in this VPC image to have this running until the end of the year ? Greetings Henning H.Bach, Why would you not want to do...

Cannot Connect to Database
Text of the error message: ----- Store Operations Business Rules Error #3079 Requested operation requires an OLE DB Session Object, which is not supported by the current provider. (Source: ADODB.Command) Update TimeCard SET TimeOut = GetDate(), Hours = DateDiff(mi, TimeIn, GetDate()) / 60.0 WHERE ID = ? ----- This only happens at one of my five stores, and only on my laptop. Nobody else is having any trouble connecting to any database, and my laptop can connect to the other four stores and HQ without issue. Anybody got any ideas? -- Stop fishing for e-mail Hey To...

MS Outlook
I have recently added a new HTTP (Hotmail) account to my Outlook. I have already 4 HTTP email accounts within outlook in addition to various POP3. I am not able to Syn folders or send/rcv email from this new account. I get a message: Task 'Lehman Domains: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error (0x80004005): An unknown error has occurred. Please save aby existing work and restart the program. I have even tried: 1.seperating this email account into a different send/rcv group - same error message. 2. Shutdown my anti virus - same error message. 3. Shutdown ZoneAlar...

OL 2000 can't connect to mail server
I'm using Outlook 2000 on a 98SE machine that connects to the internet through a Proxy Server. My company email is hosted on Exchange Server. I've created a profile for my personal email account but Outlook can't seem to connect to that mail server. I've tried setting this up on Outlook Express and works. So why can't Outlook connect? Are you getting any error messages? tiki2k wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2000 on a 98SE machine that connects to the internet > through a Proxy Server. My company email is hosted on Exchange Server. I've > created a profile f...

opening non microsoft program from excel
is it possible to be able to read an e book in adobe reader from a macro in excel just to get certain figures . -- BD3 Something like Shell "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe C:\My Documents\myFile.pdf", vbNormalFocus You will need to ensure the correct path for the reader exe. -- HTH Bob Phillips "bigdaddy3" <bigdaddy3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB463188-1B99-494E-82B1-265E9049382B@microsoft.com... > is it possible to be able to read an e book in adobe reader from a macro in > excel just to get certain figure...

closing prompts to end internet connection
When closing Money 99 it always asks me if I want to disconnect from the internet, if I am connected. How do I stop it from asking? I don't use the internet with Money, but if I am connected at the time I am using Money it asks this and sometimes it pops up when I go to click on something else and I end up disconnecting when I don't want to. There;s an option under tools->options->connection (in later versions, don't have 99 loaded at the moment) that specifies whether you want the internet connection left open after downloading. Try setting that. -- Glyn Simpson, ...

Using DIR() to read a directory.
My VB5 reference manual states that directory names "are retrieved in no particular order". On my computer they are always retrieved in ascending order (converting all characters to upper case). Do different versions of Windows return the directory entries otherwise? "NadCixelsyd" <nadcixelsyd@aol.com> wrote in message news:36700d4b-313a-49e6-9d87-cc9c6be9bf64@g19g2000yqe.googlegroups.com... > My VB5 reference manual states that directory names "are > retrieved in no particular order". On my computer they are > always retrieved in a...

Activity dates
Does anyone know of a way to make the view for Activities/History show the date in the list? John You have to write an addon solution or purchase one as the default crm app will not do this. "John Olinger" <jcolinger@deltyme.com> wrote in message news:ednIoOOxDHA.1060@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a way to make the view for Activities/History show the > date in the list? > > John > > John, there is not WebUI provided to customize the activities query columns, but it can be done manually in the schema. Mike "John O'Donnell&qu...

microsoft money plus home & business trial. v 17.0.150.727
im having issues accessing my file. i used windows live to access my money file which saved email address & password. I went to dallas for 2 days now its asking for a money password which i did not setup. what should i do? See http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx MS may well be doing server work that affects logins. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "moneymakingmoneyman" <mon...

Could not reestablish DDD connection
I get same message when trying to create a catalog. I have checked Excel Options and made sure that Ignore Other Applications box is not checked. I named a range of the data also. There is only one worksheet in my file. File is 4873 rows by 43 columns (not all will be used in mail merge) Any other suggestions would be helpful. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Investment activities and tax reporting
I have an investment account. There are some transactions in it which correspond to 'Activity = Dividend'. Their amounts are 'transfer'ed to a checking account. In the checking account, I see 'Category = Transfer From : investment account'. These transactions cannot be added to a 'tax line'. I can't have these transactions automatically picked up for my tax report. Am I missing something? What is the intent of the design of Money regarding these transactions and tax reporting? IMO using a program like Money for auto tax entries where the financial ...