.Exchange being added to the SMTP address space. Can anyone PLEASE Help!

Hello, I'm really hoping someone can help me.

I am having a very odd problem half way through a Lotus R5 to Exchange
2003 Migration.
A bit of background on the environment:

There are currently two Domino R5 Servers, let's call them domino1,
and domino2. Domino1 is the Mail gateway, and domino2 has all the user
mailboxes on it.
The future environment, will consist of two exchange servers, let's
call them exchange1, and exchange2. exchange1 is a front end server,
and exchange2 is the backend server.

I am in the middle of the migration, and have migrated three mailboxes
already. We need co existence during the migration, and some users
will be actually staying in the Notes environment for some time, so we
are using the MS Exchange for Notes Connector, and have installed the
connector on the domino2 server. Currently, and going forward for at
least a while, the domino1 mail server will continue to receive
inbound mail, and the exchange front end server, will not receive
inbound mail until everything is cut over.

Here is the problem: Of the three mailboxes that I have already
migrated, when a user that used to be in Notes, that is now in
exchange, sends an email to an external recipient the first time,
everything is fine. The external user replies to the sender, the
sender receives the message back fine. The users replies back to the
SAME message to the SAME external recipient, the message then arrives
are the external recipient's mailbox, with incorrect formatting. ( ie:
the SMTP address space has been modified to include
(smtpaddress.Exchange@domain.com ) Somehow, .Exchange is being added
to the smtp address field. As you can imagine, the external user then
replies back to that email, and it fails.

The part that I'm getting stuck up on is how the smtp address space is
getting modified, to include .Exchange before the @company.com, and in
between the smtp user name.

Can anyone PLEASE help with this? As you can imagine, it is quite
frustrating.

Thank you very much.

Rob

0
rob.huehn (4)

Money 2005-help with the basics
I had an old Money program (not sure what version) and expected this new one to be similar. I chose to set it up with the online banking as I have been using my banks online bill pay and manually entering these transactions. After I set up Money 2005 it seems to have my previously cleared and online transactions but I can't figure out how to just enter a check that I have written manually into the check register. I would appreciate any help at all. Thank you. Carol In microsoft.public.money, Carol wrote: >I had an old Money program (not sure what version) and >expected t...

SMTP service stopping repeatedly please help
We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 and the SMTP service has all of a sudden started stopping itself, you can restart it and it just stops again. We tried installing sp1 but did not help. Any help would be appreciated Sincerley Jim Kiddoo Event logs indicate anything amiss? Jim Kiddoo wrote: > We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 and the SMTP service has > all of a sudden started stopping itself, you can restart it and it > just stops again. > We tried installing sp1 but did not help. > Any help would be appreciated > Sincerley > Jim Kiddoo ...

Bulk email limit
Hi Can someone please tell me whether there is a bulk email limit for sending a mass mail-out? I've just sent a Direct Email to approx. 10,000 contacts and although CRM looked like it was doing something for around an hour, it doesn't appear to have been sent (I was one of the contacts). Help!!! Sue ...

Exchange Cluster

Help please with simple chart
I used to Excel, but am a newbie with charts. Am using Excel version 5.0a In connection with a Process, I am recording liquid levels in mls at various times during the day. As a spreadsheet sample, column A, day. column b, time. column c quantity in mls. a1 Day b1 Time c1 mls a2 Mon b2 8:00 c2 225 b3 10:30 c3 100 b4 11:45 c4 100 b5 13:30 c5 120 b6 16:30 c6 200 a7 Tues etc etc Using Chart Wizard I have managed to create the bar chart, but I am stumped on how to get it to show the results. On the vertical left hand side I want mls in vertical bars, a...

Exchange

OWA addressing
In using OWA from Exchange 2003 SP2, is there anyway 1). to access public folder contacts? 2). Get OWA to give one a pull down address list for selection. Users are finding addressing in OWA, difficult with on the Global address, or single Contacts sources... and having to do a find to locate an addressee. These, if not features if not available in OWA - would make a great add on for the next update of this nice email interface. Best -- Dodge Hello Dodge, Unfortunately the "Search Contact" feature from OWA, doesn't work efficiently. Thanks, Nilesh Yawalkar "Dodge"...

Need help with this problem
Hello, I need a hand with the following problem as I have not used Excel fo quite a while. --------There are 4 categories of goods - A,B,C,D --------Each category has 100 goods/supplies that range in price fro $4.00 -$26.00(cents are inclusive: ie - one particular item in categor A costs $15.41) --------A certain # of goods must be chosen from each category a follows: A - 3 B - 4 C - 3 D - ONLY 1 ITEM IS NEEDED FROM THIS CATEGORY. HERE IS THE TRICKY PART: A buyer must select the exact number of goods required from eac category and the total cost of all 11 chosen goods cannot exceed $100.0...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

hyperlinking to an item in Global Address List
I have figured out how to hyperlink (html) to an item in my contact list: outlook:Contacts/~John Doe This works great. Now I would like to be able to issue a command to open a specific contact from the Global Address List. It is possible that the Global Address List has some folder name like GAL so that a command like this: outlook://GAL/~John Doe could be issued. Does anyone know how to refer to the Global Address List by its folder name or to do what I am asking? This can't be done, but you can add the GAL entry to your contact folder and then do what you know. Is that good en...

Exchange / POP3

Global Address List #44
hi guys im facing great problems deploying global address list in owa 2003 i want to enable global address list in exchange 2003 OWA 2003 how any ideas by default i know if user enters a user name then it will findout by search by i want to display whole global address list in OWA 2003 i have more then 150 users some one knows how to enable this feature i have goolged but no success any update available to show these things in owa 2003 thanks Syed Ali For Exchange 2003 you'll need a 3rd party product like http://messageware.com/product_pluspack.htm I think if you put just a sin...

can't send/receive #2
Help! I have Comcast and am trying to switch from Outlook Express to Outlook. I set the parameters according to Comcast directives. When I send the message hangs in the Outbox. When I click on Send/Receive" I get "Operation Failed". Any suggestions?? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:36:34 -0500, Joe & Eileen wrote: > Help! I have Comcast and am trying to switch from Outlook Express to > Outlook. I set the parameters according to Comcast directives. When I send > the message hangs in the Outbox. When I click on Send/Receive" I get > "Operation Fa...

Can anyone help me to print?
Ok, granted I'm a computer moron, but this is ridiculous! I've created and saved several Microsoft Publisher files and went to create a new one today, and cannot get the darn thing to print! I've gone through every step of the Publisher Troubleshoot process and can't get my newly created flyer to print! I've tried removing the graphic, cleaning out hard drive space, printing another file (just fine). Can't think of anything else to do to get my new file to print, after spending all this time creating it! Of course I have no current software tech support ...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Can not access to MS CRM from a distant machine
Hello, I ve tried to access to the CRM from the browser of a distant machine (the domain controller) then windows display the authentication form I log on with the administrator account but it fails and the browser is closed . I should mention that I ve added the CRM Site as a trusted site . What Shall I do to cure this? Is there a security confoguration in the CRM Site?? Hi Ahmed, You should first check in InetMgr (IIS Manager) to see if you have given any port # during the installation by right clicking Microsoft CRM web site and choosing properties. If it is any port other than 8...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

help with RAND
I have the following formula: =RAND()*(100-50)+50 How can I force it to return a whole number? I'm creating worksheets for kids and I'm getting: 85+31=115 I have the cell attributes set to no decimals but I'm guessing the SUM formula is still grabbing the full random numbers and rounding up or down. While I'm on the subject, are there worksheets already created and available for download somewhere. I'm teaching grandkids math skills. thanks! "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:ufAFM#G1DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have the fo...

SMTP and the routing restrictions confusion
I am confused at the difference between the relay settings that are needed for my Exchange 5.5 server to send and receive SMTP from other SMTP servers on the internet and the settings used for POP clients to send mail through my Exchange server. (i.e. the Reroute incoming SMTP and the routing restrictions) Seems like that should be a whole separate deal. I have struggled with this for months and I'm still confused. Can someone explain this to me please? SteveO "SteveO" <spam@microsoft.com> wrote: >I am confused at the difference between the relay settings that are ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000