"RPC server unavailable" in mmc but not system manager?

Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Server, Exchange System Manager

I have scoured the groups for an answer to this, but haven't any luck
yet.

Symptoms:
When I open my saved mmc console, after it hangs for a minute, I get
the error:

"The RPC server is unavailable.

Facility: Win32
ID no: c00706ba
Exchange System Manager"

It has the exchange system  manager snap-in installed. The mmc snap in
then does not show anything in the Exchange snap-in. The RUS is
pointing to the correct domain controller.

The System manager works fine when I go to it directly, and I have
re-installed the exchange tools and exchange 2003 sp1.

(While I was writing this, I had the bright idea to remove and re-add
the snap in, and it fixed the problem.) Must have been an issue created
when I de-commissioned the domain controller that was targeted by the
snap-in when it was created.

doh!

Hope this helps somebody.

"RPC server unavailable" in mmc but not system manager?
Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Server, Exchange System Manager I have scoured the groups for an answer to this, but haven't any luck yet. Symptoms: When I open my saved mmc console, after it hangs for a minute, I get the error: "The RPC server is unavailable. Facility: Win32 ID no: c00706ba Exchange System Manager" It has the exchange system manager snap-in installed. The mmc snap in then does not show anything in the Exchange snap-in. The RUS is pointing to the correct domain controller. The System manager works fine when I go to it directly, and I have re-installed the exc...

W3SVC Event ID 100 RPC Server unavailable
njot sure what has happened but I was getting a bunch of W3SVC warning errors in system log on my exchange server like this Event Type: Warning Event Source: W3SVC Event Category: None Event ID: 100 Date: 4/7/2005 Time: 10:24:37 PM User: N/A Computer: exchangeserver Description: The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'jdk' due to the following error: The RPC server is unavailable. The data is the error code. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp....