"OWA was unable to get to your inbox" after moving mailbox to ES2K

We are upgrading ES5.5 to ES2K with a new server. After moving mailbox
from ES5.5  to the ES2K server, the mailbox shows the correct new home
server in the Global Catalog in Exch Admin 5.5, but when users try to
login to our OWA 5.5 they get the message "OWA was unable to get to
your inbox". We are moving mailboxes incrementally to reduce impact on
production, but users will still need to access OWA while the
migration is in progress. Do we need to set up a second OWA instance,
or is there a way to tell OWA 5.5 where to look for the mailbox on the
ES2K server?
0
not7763 (7)

the users that have been moved will need to access their mailboxes via the
E2K server...they should type in http://servername.domainname/exchange

"*" <not@this.net> wrote in message
> We are upgrading ES5.5 to ES2K with a new server. After moving mailbox
> from ES5.5  to the ES2K server, the mailbox shows the correct new home
> server in the Global Catalog in Exch Admin 5.5, but when users try to
> login to our OWA 5.5 they get the message "OWA was unable to get to
> your inbox". We are moving mailboxes incrementally to reduce impact on
> production, but users will still need to access OWA while the
> migration is in progress. Do we need to set up a second OWA instance,
> or is there a way to tell OWA 5.5 where to look for the mailbox on the
> ES2K server?

0
susan7353 (1225)
9/22/2004 5:39:32 PM
We can do this just fine behind the firewall, but outside we don't
have this option (yet). So you're saying that we will have to obtain a
second public IP address and NAT to the new ES2K server? And then dump
the second address after the migration is complete, and NAT the
original address to the new server? This seems a bit "kludgy" for a
simple migration, and I'm surprised that there isn't a way to redirect
from within the Exchange organization. There is an option in the
mailbox Advanced properties in ES5.5 Admin to specify the OWA server,
but changing this hasn't worked.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:39:32 -0700, "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote:

>the users that have been moved will need to access their mailboxes via the
>E2K server...they should type in http://servername.domainname/exchange
>
>"*" <not@this.net> wrote in message
>> We are upgrading ES5.5 to ES2K with a new server. After moving mailbox
>> from ES5.5  to the ES2K server, the mailbox shows the correct new home
>> server in the Global Catalog in Exch Admin 5.5, but when users try to
>> login to our OWA 5.5 they get the message "OWA was unable to get to
>> your inbox". We are moving mailboxes incrementally to reduce impact on
>> production, but users will still need to access OWA while the
>> migration is in progress. Do we need to set up a second OWA instance,
>> or is there a way to tell OWA 5.5 where to look for the mailbox on the
>> ES2K server?

0
not7763 (7)
9/22/2004 6:04:17 PM
Unless you install a Front End Server, this is indeed the required solution.
The FE Server IS the way to do the redirect transparent to the firewall.

And the real problem is that indeed a redirect IS occuring. OWA on 5.5
realizes that the mailbox is on E2K3 and send the HTTP session to the other
server.

> We can do this just fine behind the firewall, but outside we don't
> have this option (yet). So you're saying that we will have to obtain a
> second public IP address and NAT to the new ES2K server? And then dump
> the second address after the migration is complete, and NAT the
> original address to the new server? This seems a bit "kludgy" for a
> simple migration, and I'm surprised that there isn't a way to redirect
> from within the Exchange organization. There is an option in the
> mailbox Advanced properties in ES5.5 Admin to specify the OWA server,
> but changing this hasn't worked.
>

> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:39:32 -0700, "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>the users that have been moved will need to access their mailboxes via the
>>E2K server...they should type in http://servername.domainname/exchange
>>
>>"*" <not@this.net> wrote in message
>>> We are upgrading ES5.5 to ES2K with a new server. After moving mailbox
>>> from ES5.5  to the ES2K server, the mailbox shows the correct new home
>>> server in the Global Catalog in Exch Admin 5.5, but when users try to
>>> login to our OWA 5.5 they get the message "OWA was unable to get to
>>> your inbox". We are moving mailboxes incrementally to reduce impact on
>>> production, but users will still need to access OWA while the
>>> migration is in progress. Do we need to set up a second OWA instance,
>>> or is there a way to tell OWA 5.5 where to look for the mailbox on the
>>> ES2K server?

0
ewoodrick (190)

OWA was unable to get to your inbox
Only one user can't get to his mailbox via OWA and keeps getting the error "OWA was unable to get to your inbox." I've tried the resolution from kb 248081 and it has not solved the problem. Thanks Exmerge the account - then delete / recreate - then import. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Mario...

* OWA was unable to get to your inbox
Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA works again. Our Exchange 5.5 server is running under Windows NT SP6a (plus up to date security patches). It also has Exchange 5.5 SP4 installed. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks, Paul ...

OWA was unable to get to your inbox #2
Hello, Have a pretty common error, although the exact problem that we are having does not seem to match what others have dealt with... "Config" OWA on Windows 2000 SP4 Exchange 5.5 SP4 on 6 servers in same site "Problem" All mailboxes can be accessed from the one OWA server except for every mailbox on one server, when acessing any of these mailboxes the following error is produced: "OWA was unable to get to your inbox. To try to logon again, click here. For additional help on troubleshooting this problem, click here" If anyone has any thoughts please let me k...

"OWA was unable to get to your inbox" after moving mailbox to ES2K #2
We are upgrading ES5.5 to ES2K with a new server. After moving mailbox from ES5.5 to the ES2K server, the mailbox shows the correct new home server in the Global Catalog in Exch Admin 5.5, but when users try to login to our OWA 5.5 they get the message "OWA was unable to get to your inbox". We are moving mailboxes incrementally to reduce impact on production, but users will still need to access OWA while the migration is in progress. Do we need to set up a second OWA instance, or is there a way to tell OWA 5.5 where to look for the mailbox on the ES2K server? You will need to conne...

"OWA was unable to get to your inbox" after moving mailbox to ES2K
We are upgrading ES5.5 to ES2K with a new server. After moving mailbox from ES5.5 to the ES2K server, the mailbox shows the correct new home server in the Global Catalog in Exch Admin 5.5, but when users try to login to our OWA 5.5 they get the message "OWA was unable to get to your inbox". We are moving mailboxes incrementally to reduce impact on production, but users will still need to access OWA while the migration is in progress. Do we need to set up a second OWA instance, or is there a way to tell OWA 5.5 where to look for the mailbox on the ES2K server? the users that have be...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'