* OWA... (Third Post)

Microsoft?  If you're concerned about security then you
should respond to this question.  We cannot make this OWA
server available on the Internet without applying the
latest SP and critical updates.

===========================
Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently
died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server.  We
installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4.
Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4.
Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your
inbox" error.  As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000
SP4, OWA works again.  Our Exchange 5.5 server is running
under Windows NT SP6a (plus up to date security patches).
It also has Exchange 5.5 SP4 installed.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,
Paul

0
anonymous (74721)

replied in other group

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft?  If you're concerned about security then you
> should respond to this question.  We cannot make this OWA
> server available on the Internet without applying the
> latest SP and critical updates.
>
> ===========================
> Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently
> died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server.  We
> installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4.
> Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4.
> Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your
> inbox" error.  As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000
> SP4, OWA works again.  Our Exchange 5.5 server is running
> under Windows NT SP6a (plus up to date security patches).
> It also has Exchange 5.5 SP4 installed.
>
> Does anyone have any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

0
Mark
7/1/2004 1:00:26 AM
half the time I install an update on one of my servers, crash...  I feel
your pain.

"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft?  If you're concerned about security then you
> should respond to this question.  We cannot make this OWA
> server available on the Internet without applying the
> latest SP and critical updates.
>
> ===========================
> Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently
> died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server.  We
> installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4.
> Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4.
> Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your
> inbox" error.  As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000
> SP4, OWA works again.  Our Exchange 5.5 server is running
> under Windows NT SP6a (plus up to date security patches).
> It also has Exchange 5.5 SP4 installed.
>
> Does anyone have any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

0
bdog4 (27)

Re-post: How to maximize the Excel window?
I set schedule to open excel file, when it opens, the excel window's size is not maximized, and I have tried your approach, for manually opened approach, it works, but it still does not work on opening excel file, which is triggered by schedule task. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Dave Peterson" wrote: > You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that > contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened. > > Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file. And they put all t...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

OT
Hi All, There seems to be a more spam posts in the NG's lately and it seems to be remaining on the servers longer than it used to. Are the monitors on their annual vacation? -- Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk ...

re: slow OWA

How can I post values in excel chart without displaying the colum.
I have 3 variables, I would like to display 2 of them as column in a column chart, and would like the third variable's values to appear on top of the other columns, without presenting the third variable as a column. Hi, You could plot it as a line or column and then remove border and fill formatting. http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA5E3A18-C34E-4FD3-B06B-A179D3AEA99C@microsoft.com... >I have 3 variables, I would ...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Why does OWA...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

OWA and Calendars
I have set up mailboxes for our meeting rooms and have them set to automatically book the room from a meeting request. This works with outlook. From OWA I was getting an error that I did not have rights to send to that account, so I enabled the anonymous and gave it author rights, now the email request goes to the mailbox, but it does not autobook the room. What can I do??? .. ...

cant log in to OWA at night
I am getting the "440 login timeout" error when my user login overnight. I cannot find where there might be something limiting time to login. Is it in IIS 6 I am running Win2003 server, EXch 2003 I have only one exchange server that also runs OWA. During the daytime hours no one has any problems logging in to OWA. I have recently moved all mailboxs to the Ex2003 server from a Exch5.5 server. Currently the Exch5.5 server receives all the mail and forwards it to the Exch. 2003 server. not sure if this could be the problem. getting ready to bring down the 5.5 server and change the MX ...

Exchange '03 OWA re-install
Anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this? I've only briefly looked at it and looks like I need to completely re-install exchange. TIA, Ben Correct. OWA is now completely integrated into Exchange and is no longer a component that can be installed separately. What's the reason for needing to reinstall OWA? I only ask because depending on the problem, it may be necessary to reinstall IIS as well. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "ben" <ben@bcew.com> wrote in message news:%23ktZN$tsEHA.1336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone know of a quick and easy way to...

OWA Inside NO, OWA Ouside Yes
Hi I have Exchange Server 2003. I have Outlook and OWA for everybody. The clients can read their email inside and outside through OWA. Now I would like to change this for a few users. I need to use OWA inside of company but not through Internet for a few people. How can I do this? I have a Front-end , back-end infrastructure. Do I need ISA server? If I switch the OWA check box off in AD, these people cannot use OWA inside. Thanky you very much indeed. sAnTos On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:15:07 -0800, sAnTos <sAnTos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I have Exchange Server 2003. &...

owa-screen disappears while replying in OWA
Hi, ex.5.5/sp4 on nt4.0/sp6a. When people try to reply while they are on oWA (I E 6 etc.), the screen disappears. They have to copy the message and then create a new email and then type the address and paste the original message. Any thoughts/help? -- Thanks am7777 On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:31:02 -0800, am7777 <am7777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >ex.5.5/sp4 on nt4.0/sp6a. >When people try to reply while they are on oWA (I E 6 etc.), the screen >disappears. They have to copy the message and then create a new email and >then type the address and paste t...

OWA CREATING RULES ERROR
I have some smaller clients in hosted exchange situations. What is the status of the issue creating rules in owa? Is there ANY workaround? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;887976 Thank you, -- Daniel Moore Principal Continuum Consulting www.continuumconsulting.info ...

OWA
Has anyone been having issues wiht OWA since the installation of IE 6 and or Windows 2000 SP 4. Our test unit has develpoed a loop when trying to access the OWA site we're running. It appears to be trying to constantly trying to reload the page. ...

OWA #75
Hi I hav exchg 2003 and xp pro clients. I have users ion the building where the exchange is standing who directly connect and others outside who connects via POP3. My question: Is it difficult to set up my exchange server to allow the users from outside to connect via the net directly to the exchange via OWA. I'm trying to find some articles with no success. Any help would be great. (Note: I can from within the network type in \\ipoftheexchange\nameofamailbox in the internet explorer and i can access it) thanks everyone craig hi connfigure owa with ssl http://www.petri.co.il/con...