"filtering" external messages that target my distribution lists ?

Is there any way to "filter" external messages that target distribution
lists in my organization ?
I've seen that Mail Essentials can check headers and block messages sent to
a certain number of recipient, but I am wondering how I can prevent somebody
from sending unsolicited e-mail to one of my distribution lists ?
Exch2000.

0
marlon_brown (142)

Spam/Virus Filtering for Exchange 2003 -- Recommendations please?
I just upgraded from Exchange 5.5 site to an Exchange 2003 site. However, I still have my 5.5 server acting as the SMTP Gateway, as that still has Norton AV on it. We called about the 2003 Norton AV, and it was prohibitavily expensive, and we already have the 5.5 edition paid for with the service updates (I guess that don't give discounts if you already paid for 5.5 version). So, an recommendations for an Anti-Virus and Spam server that I can use on Exchange 2003 that works well? Thanks! Blake Orange County Library System Orlando, FL "Blake" <anonymous@discussions....

Please help a exchange newbie.. Message filtering
I have a contact set up on Exchange 2003 that forwards to a cell phone for alerts generated in our environment. This contact is setup to get notice of several events, all events have separate email address as the "sender" one of the events gets allot of notices. I would like to have this contact not receive mail from the one email address that generated allot of events. I have set up the properties under the exchange general > messaging restrictions, and have authenticated users only and from everyone except the email account I don't want to receive alerts from, BUT when anyon...

Filtering a column to exclude any repeated entries.
Hi, I am working on a column that has the same entries 2 or more times. Is there a way (copy-paste or other) to get only unique entries from this column (that is to exclude repeated entries)? Any help apprieciated, Thank you. If you go to Data/Filters/Advanced Filters there is a box at the bottom left that you can tick to return unique entries only. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I am working on a column that has the same entries 2 or more times. Is there >a way (copy-paste or other) to get only unique entries from this >column (that is to exclude repeated...

finding & filtering out duplicate cells
I have 3 columns & about 40 rows of accounts (text). I would like to be able to find all the duplicate accounts and have them filtered out to a blank column. Data sort does not work because of the volume of accounts & number of columns. I have tried advanced filter but it only copies the entire cells -- does not just give me the duplicate records. I really appreciate your help with this! -- Jackie Several methods, Jackie: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/dealing_with_duplicate_records_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Jackie" ...

Filtering & copying ranges
I have a spreadsheet of many rows. Column A is dates in the format 01/01/04 to 31/12/04. I wish to select only rows containing Oct (ie: 01/10/04 to 31/10/04) and copy them another worksheet for further analysis. Can I do this automatically (that I could record a simple macro around). With thanks Peter London, UK Hi Peter You can use My Add-in to do this if you want http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6292027E-6FAF-4F51-8080-6F617A6817FE@microsoft.com.....

Filtering a worksheet if same value found in differnet columns
Ok a little confusing to explain. I have a spreadsheet set up, where differnet columns may contain the same values for example: Col1 Col2 Col3 Item1 A Item2 H Item3 B A Item4 G H Item5 A What i would like to do is be able to filter on conditions if a value is found in either Col2 or Col3, for example "A" which would return item1, item3 and item5. I've not played to much with filters but would love to get this working. The tricky part is that the condition will change, eg today we need all enteries where "H" applies... ...

email filtering
I loaded office 2007 last Saturday and started using Outlook. All my email from clients and friends are being automatically dumped into the deleted folder instead of the inbox. How do I shut that off? I shut of the junk mail filter already, and that didn't help gonzoturtle <gonzoturtle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I loaded office 2007 last Saturday and started using Outlook. > > All my email from clients and friends are being automatically dumped > into the deleted folder instead of the inbox. > > How do I shut that off? > > I shut of the junk mai...

Filtering no longer works post updates................
After installing Office 2003 SP1 [Office2003SP1-kb842532-client-enu] and the latest Outlook Junk E-Mail update [Update for Outlook 2003: Junk E-mail Filter (KB870765)] my filtering no longer works even if redone. My ISP tags spam with -- Spam -- and I had a rule thought I remade it to try to get it to work that deleted all email with spam, Spam, and -- Spam -- in the subject line. I tired just spam, Spam, and -- Spam -- alone and that did not work either. All mail junk, not junk but new, and -- Spam -- go to junk email folder which is not how I want it or how it was working before. It w...

Filtering #9
I have a table of 100 rows and 4 columns as follows area name location observation remarks now the area name is common and there are many rows with one common "area name" for e.g. tank farm. similarly after many observations in one area the area changes to another Now as the lower cells below the area name( tank farm) are blank when I filter only the row with the tank farm is displayed How can I get all the observations related to that area displayed? My solution was I filled all the lower cells with the area name and then filtered and got the required result howeve...

Trying to make sense of Recipient Filtering
Hello! I recently turned on Recipient Filtering on a friend's server running Server 2003 Standard SP1 member server with Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2. It is a 2003 domain. I am looking at all the counters under Perfmon "Object: MSExchangeTransport Filter Sink" (thanks to Bharat Suneja for finding that counter!). I see "Directory Lookups Issued" at 3173 and "Recipients Rejected by Directory Lookups" is at 2653. If these figures mean that the rejected connections are due to Recipient Filtering, then 83% of inbound mail is aimed at users not in AD. I ex...

Filtering and deleted rows
Is there a way to prevent the deletion of rows that fall between the rows that are showing when filtering for certain cases? Andrew, You could prevent them from being selected: use this event: copy the coe, right click on the worksheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) On Error Resume Next Application.EnableEvents = False Target.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "ANDREW MC" <QWERTY@AOL.COM> wrote...

IMF not filtering just one Xchange store
Hi, I am running Exchange 2003 SBS edition SP2. Just recently my Junk Folder (out of 10) has stopped filtering Spam. I am running in cached mode and IMF is enabled. The other 9 people on this exchange server seem to be unaffected. I really haven't updated or changed anything locally; however I did just do the SBS SP2 update which included an Exchange update but I was already running SP2 on exchange so it skipped that update. Any thoughts? - Is mail for other recipients being filtered? (Assuming yes... ) - Try exposing SCL values in Outlook - are *any* internet messages getting SCL v...

Filtering within Pivot Tables
Is it possible to filter the data going in to the pivot tables automatically? For instance I want to look at the results of a calculation for the last 3 years of data out of 10 years worth of data. I need to look at the weighted average these three years. I can filter the data, then copy it to a new worksheet and finally bring it in to the pivot table but this is rather a pain and I would like to look at many different combinations of filters. I look forward to hearing from everyone. Have a great day, ...

filtering rows w/ VBA
Let me setup the workbook. Since Google groups won't let me attach a sheet, I'll do my best. Sheet 1. _______________________________________________________________ |_____|___A____|____B___|___C___|___D___|___E_____________________| |__1__|Fruit/Veg|___X_____| |__2__|Orange_|_________| |__3__|Apple__|____X_____| |__4__|Banana_|___X______| |__5__|Grape__|_________| |__6__|Tomato_|____X____| |__7__|Carrot__|_________| Sheet 2. _______________________________________________________________ |_____|___A____|____B_____________| |__1__|Name___|Produce____________| |__2__|...

Filtering out values that don't exist on another worksheet
I'm trying to take a worksheet and filter out values that don't exist on another worksheet Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques for working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Smokeyhavoc wrote: > > I'm trying to take a worksheet and filter out values that don't exist on > another worksheet -- Dave Peterson Perhaps you may like to try this as well .. Assume you have a list in Sheet1, A1:A10 -------------------------- 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 and another list in Sheet2, A1:A5 ------------------------ 102 103 105 107...

another filtering question
I was assisted with the following code, which filters two pieces of data--a case manager ID (###A from column B) and a program code (MA from column C): Sheets("Office").Activate Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Sheets("Office") .Activate .Range("A1").Select .Range("B1:C1000").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="115A" .Range("B1:C1000").AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="MA" .Range("A1:M" & Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row).SpecialCells( _ xlCellTypeVisibl...

Filtering within Switchboard
I knoiw you gguys don't particularly like the Switchboard, and after beating my head against the wall for the past few days, I can't say that I blame you. But, I'm stuck with it for the forseeable future, so here it goes . . . . We run yearly events with the saem information collected on different technologies. When I got the database last week, I was told to get it ready for 2008 abd that "all [I] had to do was copy the 2007 structure." Needless to say, that wasn't quite right. So, I've added a "Year" column to the main table. Now, what I'...

Excel Filtering
Hi I'm continually frustrated by how long it takes for Excel to update filters.... generally I'll working with spreadsheets of 10,000's of rows long and applied 3 or more filters. I can then wait 1-4 min for Excel to update the workspheed after I select a new filter attritute. With each new computer I get, it gets faster but I'm on a laptop with Intel(R) Pentium (R) M processor 1600MhZ and 1 Gb of memory.... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Stuart I'm thinking it's time to put it into a database. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com w...

Filtering out information
Just wondering if there is any way of applying a filter to remove certain segments. E.g. filter out everyone called Jones in a list so that all other names are left on the sheet except Jones Thanx in advance, Cat You can do this with an AutoFilter Select a cell in the list Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown in the Names column heading, choose 'Custom' In the Custom AutoFilter dialog box, from the first dropdown, choose 'does not contain' In the text box, type: Jones Click OK Cat wrote: > Just wondering if there is any way of applying a filter...

Problem with exchange and OWA Filtering on DSL504
Dear All, I have come up against a problem when i've changed the default SSL port for outlook web access from 443 to 11500. The problem is not that i can't access OWA. That i can do. I changed the SSL port in the default website in IIS (11500) and redirected the 11500 port to point to the exchange server (192.168.0.3)on the router. The problem is i can no longer access the public folders in exchange manager only. I can still access them from any outlook client and owa. If i change the SSL port to 443, no problem access to exchange is fine again. error message as soon as i click on ...

SPAM FILTERING
Good Morning~ I'm in search of a good spam filtering company. I currently use Ohio Online out of Cleveland, Ohio and am very dissatissfied. Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Sean I just Postini and so far I've been pleased with the results. http://www.postini.com Dave "S M Shotts" <smichaelshotts@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eJBOpvF3EHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Good Morning~ > I'm in search of a good spam filtering company. I currently use > Ohio Online out of Cleveland, > Ohio and am very dis...

Filtering Graphs 04-09-07
Is it possible to filter a graph if you have set the filter in the original query? -- Geoff D. A chart/graph control can be filter much the same as a subreport. One handy method is to use the Link Master/Child properties. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Geoff D" wrote: > Is it possible to filter a graph if you have set the filter in the original > query? > -- > Geoff D. ...

Sorting or filtering for rows
Do we have sorting for the rows same as for columns. If suppose I want to hide the columns containing blank cells in a perticular row.can I do it or can I filter it? I tried by using go and special and selection blank. -- Amey B. Vidvans, Planning Engineer Vidvans_amey@rediffmail.com Sorting horizontally: Excel 2003 & earlier: use Data --> Sort and click the [Options] button, choose the "Sort Left to Right" option. Excel 2007 use "Custom Sort" from the Sort & Filter drop down and you'll find the same option available. "Amey" wr...

A simple filtering question
My question is simple, but if it possible, may have a more complex answer. If a worksheet is set up with the data in rows, rather than columns, is it possible to filter by rows. Assume field headers are in Column A rather than ROw 1. Thanks Hi AFAIK not possible with Excel's build in features -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul Axelrod wrote: > My question is simple, but if it possible, may have a more complex > answer. > If a worksheet is set up with the data in rows, rather than columns, > is it possible to filter by rows. Assume field headers are in Column &...

Filtering problem #2
Dear All, Is it possible to return results from the same row but within differen columns using a filter? I appreciate your help -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47302 Hi there, Not sure what you mean there. Can you explain 'return results'? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) "gaftalik" <gaftalik.1wdxqa_1128441903.0178@excelforum-n...