** Few Questions - Exch.'03 Standard... HELP

Hello all..

Few questions, and thank you for your help!

1 - How can I set up an email add. to forward to a AD
users mailbox? For example, if joe@msn.com wanted to
recieve all emails addressed to resumes@msn.com. *Without
creating an AD user and forwarding the email*?

2 - Is there a way to create a contact list in Exch'03 for
all staff to use? ex. When the user opens Outlook 2003,
he/she will have the all staff contact list available.

3 - I know theres a 16GB limit when using Exch'03
Standard, but should I worry if no one is storing their
mail on the server? If everyone stored email locally,
theres no real need to worry (keep in mind theres only 40
staff members lol)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

dp
0
anonymous (74717)

Inline....
"Nick Burns" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all..
>
> Few questions, and thank you for your help!
>
> 1 - How can I set up an email add. to forward to a AD
> users mailbox? For example, if joe@msn.com wanted to
> recieve all emails addressed to resumes@msn.com. *Without
> creating an AD user and forwarding the email*?

If I am understanding the question correctly, the answer is that it is done
by creating a contact. In the properties of the contact, include the address
you want the mail sent to. In the properties of the user account, select to
forward the email to the contact.

> 2 - Is there a way to create a contact list in Exch'03 for
> all staff to use? ex. When the user opens Outlook 2003,
> he/she will have the all staff contact list available.
Yes. Under the Recipients Container. However, there is already a list that
includes all contacts in the organization.

> 3 - I know theres a 16GB limit when using Exch'03
> Standard, but should I worry if no one is storing their
> mail on the server? If everyone stored email locally,
> theres no real need to worry (keep in mind theres only 40
> staff members lol)
Depends. Are you forcing the users to store their mail on the local machine
via Group Policy or through another method? If not, you might be
unpleasantly surprised down the road. I would simply suggest monitoring it
so that you don't get surprised!

--
Michael Bell
Bell Consulting Services, Inc.

> THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
>
> dp

0
mbell (30)

Backup question

Quickbooks Integration Help
Good Afternoon - I am running RMS 1.3 for my sporting goods business. I want to integrate Quickbooks 2006 with RMS. The threads that I have searched for Quickbooks on the thread are not very detail oriented, just posting confusion or troubles with the integration itself. Are there any good resources out there that can help or companies that will do the integration remotely? I have created the Chart of accounts but I am getting errors on the export... THanks in advance. Jamie ...

a question and a question

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

Question

Install Problems 10-30-03
When Installing the CRM Manager it creates the first 3 databases without a problem. After that it runs script for a couple of minutes and I get a "Unknown error: 80040E14". Has anyone else run into this or has found a fix? Are you installing from the CD, or from the MSDN download? Chris "dan" <dwj@newfoundtech.com> wrote in message news:0a4801c39f23$f8d75840$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When Installing the CRM Manager it creates the first 3 > databases without a problem. After that it runs script > for a couple of minutes and I get a "Unknown error: ...

Non-standard size labels in Publisher.
I need to produce special size labels in Publisher. Each label will be in portrait form 42mm wide and 148mm deep. This allows 8 to an A4 sheet. My use of Publisher is limited and I cannot work out how to do this. I would be grateful for any help and guidance. Thank you. In page setup, select custom, input your measurements. Click the "change copies per sheet", adjust the margins and gaps relative to your label stock. If you have Publisher 2000 and below the margin and gaps change is only available when you go to print. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ht...

Microsoft Query question

Help with resource calendars
Greetings, I am in need of some assistance regarding resource calendars and deleted users. I have some orphaned calendar belonging to deleted users. Is there a tool or process that I could use to automagicly delete or remove these entries? Thanks David not really...basically, everyone who was invited to those meetings will need to just delete them... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David White" <dwhitetopgun@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eGSehcziHHA.4496@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Greetings, > > I am in need of some assistance regarding resource calendars and...

OE 6 to Outlook '03 woes
I thought when I switched over to Outlook '03 I would be moving forward but so far I seem to have more can'ts than new cans OE 6 let me switch identities by menu. Outlook will only let me exit and restart with a extra profile box to click OE 6 got my mail as it launched. Outlook will only get new mail by clicking send/receive or F9 OE 6 sent my mail instantly. Outlook needs two clicks of send to deliver my new mail OE 6 would dial out on a dial-up connection. Outlook tries to get new mail, errors out, then prompts for dialing, and requires more clicking of send/receive buttons to g...

OWA Question #16

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

folder shortcut help
what about if I want to have a folder in my personal folders lets say "Master Project" underneath I create Cost Folder, Labor Hours Folder, House folder One, House folder Two and House Folder 3. If I put every single cost email in the cost folder and every single labor hours email in there folder.........for some of the cost emails they are jsut related to house folder one, but others might have info related to house folder one and two........so rather then copying the email and making seperate cost folders I just want one master cost folder....and I want to create a "short cut...

401K questions

ROWCOUNT question

subform combo box update, access 03
I have a form with 2 subforms. The main form has a combo box Department. The subforms contain combo boxes with lists dependant upon the main form's Department choice. How do I requery the lists of the subform combo boxes? Private Sub DepartmentOrValueStream_Change() Me.cboMachineOrWorkcenter.Requery Me.frmScrap_Subform.cboscrapchar.Requery Me.frmScrap_Subform.cboscrapdefect.Requery Me.frmScrap_Subform.cboscrapcause.Requery Me.tblDownTime_Subform.cboDTCode.Requery End Sub The combobox on the main form updates fine but I receive a compile error whenever I try to update a combo box in eithe...

If / Then Question

Archive Folder 02-03-10
Some months ago I reset my PST file so that it is on my W Work Drive where it is together with an Archive PST which is quite huge. I have just noticed that for each in box folder the archive is set to go to my C drive where there is an Archive.pst which is a bit smaller than that on my W Drive. Can you advise me how to move the C Archive file to W and combine it with whatever is there so that I do not lose any archive? I am assunming I would then point the archive default to the W drive file but I do not know how to look into the W Archive file to see what is in it. It p...

Help with RANK
Hi I need to rank 100+ numbers but I can't get the formula right. All th numbers are in one column, but not all the rows e.g. I need to Ran G1:G11 and G13:G25 and G32:G40 etc. How can you put in more than on reference? The cells G12,G26:G31 etc have numbers in them that I don' want ranked RANK(number,ref,order -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =RANK(G1,MyList) where mylist is a selection of ranges defined with a single name, eg select all your ranges and do Insert / Name / Define, then call it MyList. Now use it in the rank formula and then copy the formula ...

Trying to configure Xchng 2K3 to relay shared SMTP address....HELP!
All, In trying to setup up a list server (Lyris) behind our Exchange 2K3 server to share same address space (domain.com), I have configured the default recipient policy to be non-authoritative for (@domain.com) and authoritative for (@local). I then created an additional higher priority recipient policy and set (@domain.com) as primary and left (@local) as secondary. As noted in Article 321721: Because Exchange is now non-authoritative for the domain, when Exchange cannot find a matching address in AD, it tries to find an external path to that namespace, FIRST by looking for a connector, an...

Exmerge Question #7