(DS/IS) consistency adjuster prior to moving Public folders from 5.5 to E2k3 and Nov 2004 Update Rollup

We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move
the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency
adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the consistency
adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects. Exchange 5.5
has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix for the
consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1.

This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster as
read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489

The rollup states that the previous May 2004 Update Rollup package must be
uninstalled before you install the rereleased Nov 2004 Update Rollup . What
is the package that I need to uninstall. Is it the one that it replaces?  I
list hotfix KB829148, KB833317 and Exchange Updates of: 821543, 829436,
Q282533, Q289258, Q304062 and Q326322. I beleive it is the first one listed
of KB829148 but I'm not sure.

Following the links, it looks like
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829418
needs to be uninstalled.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:34:49 -0600, "FastEddie"
<fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote:

>We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move
>the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency
>adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the consistency
>adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects. Exchange 5.5
>has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix for the
>consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1.
>
>This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster as
>read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489
>
>The rollup states that the previous May 2004 Update Rollup package must be
>uninstalled before you install the rereleased Nov 2004 Update Rollup . What
>is the package that I need to uninstall. Is it the one that it replaces?  I
>list hotfix KB829148, KB833317 and Exchange Updates of: 821543, 829436,
>Q282533, Q289258, Q304062 and Q326322. I beleive it is the first one listed
>of KB829148 but I'm not sure.

0
adavid (8731)
1/25/2005 1:05:04 AM
Yes. I found that article. The one I was looking at specifically says to
uninstall the may rollup. It does not say what KB patch or rollup to
uninstall. That's all I need

The article is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841765

Important If you installed the May 2004 Update Rollup (build 2658.4), you
must first uninstall that update rollup before installing this rereleased
November 2004 Update Rollup (build 2658.25).

Kind of hard to figure that one out...?!

-Fasteddie

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:um6bv01v2rvt4lluqgv01naqrj10id4m4l@4ax.com...
> Following the links, it looks like
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829418
> needs to be uninstalled.
>

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:34:49 -0600, "FastEddie"
> <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote:
>
>>We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move
>>the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency
>>adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the
>>consistency
>>adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects. Exchange
>>5.5
>>has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix for the
>>consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1.
>>
>>This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster
>>as
>>read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489
>>
>>The rollup states that the previous May 2004 Update Rollup package must be
>>uninstalled before you install the rereleased Nov 2004 Update Rollup .
>>What
>>is the package that I need to uninstall. Is it the one that it replaces?
>>list hotfix KB829148, KB833317 and Exchange Updates of: 821543, 829436,
>>Q282533, Q289258, Q304062 and Q326322. I beleive it is the first one
>>listed
>>of KB829148 but I'm not sure.

0
news
1/25/2005 2:15:04 AM
I think you're right.  829148 at one point in time was an Exchange KB; now
it's a Picture It! KB.  If you try to install 841765 and it complaints
again, then it wasn't, right? :-) But I think you're right!

newsgroup purposes only."

"FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote in message
> We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move
> the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency
> adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the
> consistency adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects.
> Exchange 5.5 has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix
> for the consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1.
>
> This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster
> as read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489
>
> The rollup states that the previous May 2004 Update Rollup package must be
> uninstalled before you install the rereleased Nov 2004 Update Rollup .
> What is the package that I need to uninstall. Is it the one that it
> replaces?  I list hotfix KB829148, KB833317 and Exchange Updates of:
> 821543, 829436, Q282533, Q289258, Q304062 and Q326322. I beleive it is the
> first one listed of KB829148 but I'm not sure.

0
mencina (41)

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Move from SQL2000 to SQL2005
We are moving a Great Plains installation to a new server. We are also moving from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. I tired to follow the scripts to move the users in the KB article 878449. 1) We ran the Capture Logins script on the SQL 2000 database. 2) backed up the databases. 3) Recreated all of the companiess on the new server with SQL 2005. 4) Restored the backed up databases from the source server. 5) Ran the drop user company scripts. This was when we received errors that the users were all ready in databases and roles. I tried to manually delete the users from the databases, but was r...

Consistent colours between worksheet charts?
I have two pie charts, one for last fiscal year and one for this fiscal year to-date. I haven't figured out how to get consistent colours between the two, if that is even possible. i.e., Office Supplies for last year show up as navy blue but this year as dark brown. Contracts, long-form show up last year as a light yellow and this year as a dark pink. Is there a way to have any chart we make have the same colours, even if it means manually assigning a colour per category? Thanks! :oD On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:31:57 -0400, StargateFanNotAtHome <IDon'tAcceptSpam@NoJunkMail.com>...

Back up and moving data
How do I back up or move my data to my pen drive to see it in my laptop In Quicksell was as easy as copying and paste .mdb Sorry just moving to RMS JAL, More difficult with SQL. SO Admin | File | Connect | Database | Backup or SO Manager | Utilities | Backup Database You will then need to restore the database to your laptop. SO Admin | File | Connect | Database | Delete | Database | Create | Select your backup file from the device. -- * "JAL" <toto@telcel.net.ve> wrote in message news:eV5DRTL9FHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... How do I back up or move my data to my...

NT Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hiya, Is there a way I can set up Auto Replies from Exchange (i.e. without the user having to do it from Outlook)? As I am using SBS 4.5, would I need the resource kit or is there something built in? Thanks Adrian Not that I am aware of...you can only enable or disable out of office replies to the internet. Without creating a profile for each user and mapping their mailbox to do it for them using a highlevel account, and barring emergencies, the users will just have to take time out to set it themselves before they leave, etc ;) -Jeff >-----Original Message----- >Hiya, &g...

Outlook and Offline Folders using IMAP #2
I'm running Outlook 2007. It seams to support the IMAP protocol reasonably well. However, I can't figure out how to move messages between folders when I'm offline (it gives an error message saying I can't, see below). This same operation works fine in MS Windows Mail (the equivalent of Outlook Express that ships with Windows Vista) and Mozilla Thunderbird. It's clearly not a limitation of IMAP. I can download messages and read and delete them when I'm offline. I just can't move them between folders unless I'm online. Since Outlook synchronizes any change...

Move Completed Tasks
Hi, I'm using Outlook 03. I have my HelpDesk setup in Tasks. I have three categories, Daily, Weekly and Monthly. I have my tasks Grouped by Category. When I mark a task as completed (with the checkbox) is there a way to have it somehow move to a different folder automatically? I checked the rules, I guess you can't use rules on Tasks. Would there be a way of viewing that would accomplish this? I also looked at the filter and creating a category called "Completed" but those didn't work for me. I want to actually move the task from one of the categories to a f...

update shape
I want to use a consistent shape in many pages. Is there a way to create a master copy such that when I update the text on a master copy all copies are updated. I created a new stencil and new master but updating the master doesn't seem to update the copies (after i save the file). Amos You have to update the master in the local, or "Document Stencil" Every Visio drawing contains a "hidden" Document Stencil, that carries copies of masters from "external" stencil files. When you drag a new shape into a drawing, the master gets copied from the external .v...

How do i move outlook 2007 to a new computer?
I purchased new computer and want to take off 2007 outlook on it and put it on the new one. I tried to install the 2007 outlook on the new and it would not accept the product key number. I read to take it off the computer first but worried if I do this first, I may lose it on that computer and not be able to install on new still??? I have backed up my files already. thanks, Gwen "Gwen" <Gwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCC8105-72B3-47A2-AAC8-52E597FC7DC9@microsoft.com... >I purchased new computer and want to take off 2007 outlook...

Public Folder
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 and 5.5 server with 5.5 as the front end during my migration. The public folders currently reside on the 5.5 server but are being replicated to the 2003 server. I just added a public folder of the calendar type, and I added everyone to the folder, but one user will not stick to the permissions list. I go to the permissions, add, I select the user, put the user as a reviewer, hit apply and ok, and the user is not on the list. No errors are being reported and there is nothing in the event viewer. I have tried both right on the server and also in my personal o...

Revoked Certificate in AD DS
Hi All, Does anyone know if why when I revoke a Windows Server 2008 R2 certificate and publish a new CRL, the cert. still appears in the user's 'Published Certificates' tab within ADUC? Shouldn't the cert. be removed from the user's object too? Thanks All. No. There is no way to know where this exists from the servers point of view. He just publishes a crl and lets the cleints manage from there. -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4 Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of t...

Auto reply and moving messages
Hi Am a complete novice at this so would be very grateful for any help and advice. Is it possible to create VB code that will once a day refresh a HTTP account (Hotmail), send an automated reply to all received emails that I'm away for 2 weeks and then move all the messages in to a different folder? And if so where might I find the code? I'm going away for 2 weeks and my account only takes 2Mb which will disappear in 2 days without daily maintenance. Many thanks G ...

Show picture outline only when moving in PowerPoint
It's probably simple when you know it, but I'm sure there's a setting that I can toggle, so when I move a large picture in PowerPoint, only the outline shows, not the whole picture. This is because the pictures I'm inserting need to be of good quality, and my laptop struggles with them when I move them. ...

Management Reporter Folders
First - It appears that a person can only create (1) sub-folder under any of your Definitions, is this true? Is there a way to have multiple sub-folders? I've tried dragging them, click on a folder that I want a sub-folder, any ideas? Second - We have multiple companies. It looks like I have to create a folder for each company becasue I'm seeing each company's Definition no matter which company I've set as the default. Did I miss something in the setup? Thanks for any insight ...

Move a particular named sheet to the end.
Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last sheet within a workbook? Your assistance will be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann Try this: Worksheets("Total").Move after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) "Ann" wrote: > Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last > sheet within a workbook? > > Your assistance will be appreciated. > > -- > Thank U and Regards > > Ann > Barb, Works a treat, thank you for your assiatance. -- Thank U and Regards Ann "Barb Reinhar...

SOLUTION: copy/move selected shortcut targets to a destination you choose on the fly
Hi All, I was searching all over in relation to this question. I would have added some links to older relevant threads that I found, but there is a 60 day limit. Although the below tags link to a member-site (popular), this is really not meant to come across as advertising.. I had been looking for some time into this similar issue, and information on the net seems not only spotty and incomplete, but the solution is very elusive... and it shouldn't be. What's really tough to find is way to select objects at random, say by control-clicking any files and shortcuts in a fold...

Macro to move data from many tabs to a single one.
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet with several hundred tabs. All these tabs have data in Column A only. The data can be a in few rows or in one case, in 15,000 rows. There may be a solid line of data from Row 1 to the end of the tab or it may have breaks. I started a macro where I named each tab and then the range and then copied the data to a new spreadsheet. The Macro is getting to be quite large and time consuming, I'm sure there is a faster/better way to do this. Any ideas? Thank you, Art. Hello Art, do all your tabs having a special name or are they just named "S...

Exchange 2K-2k3 Moving Stores
I current have about a couple 40GB Exchange 200 Stores. I would like to migrate to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 Server. I am going to bring up a second exchange server so I don't mess with my current exchange server. My question is can I dismount the stores in 2000 copy them and mount them on the 2003 server? What would be the quick and painless way to do if that method doesn't work? I would like to automate so should I just move the mailboxes but then I have lots of OU's or should I use the Migration Wizard? Thanks Norman Bring up your new server, then use the Mo...

Move E-mail to PST Automatically
Hello! Does anyone know of any tool for Exchange 2000/2003 that will automatically move e-mail messages to the PST? Say of a given date, date range, or age of e-mail. This would apply to 90% of my users. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO On Wed, 3 May 2006 12:04:02 -0700, JoeCL <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello! > >Does anyone know of any tool for Exchange 2000/2003 that will automatically >move e-mail messages to the PST? Say of a given date, date range, or age of >e-mail. This would apply to 90% of my users. > >Thank you. auto-archiving in Outl...

Problems with Office 2004
All of a sudden I am having problems loading Office 2004 applications. When I try to load them it says "The Application (Word, Entourage, Excel, Power Point) quit unexpectedly." I am given the option of "close", "report" or "reopen". I have found I have to choose "reopen" at which time the I get the message "the application Excel quit unexpectedly after it was reopened". I can then "close" "Try Again" or "Report". If I say Try Again it finally opens. I have reported it and even deleted the programs ...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com #2
I'm running Exchange 2003 on server 2003 sp1 and im getting relaying errors from external domains. I can send to internal and external users ok, but if someone from an external domain (gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc) try to send me a message i get this error: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com I checked my mx record and everything seems to be ok. ive been reading up on relaying, and from what i understand, i shouldnt have to enable relaying unless i want an external user in domain1 to send mail through my e...

Moving Multiple Rows Between Workbooks
I am currently attempting to move multiple rows of data from one wor book to another, after selecting all the data I am unable to cut o copy the data and move it to another work book. Any help with thi problem? Thank Yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com What happens when you try to move it? Can you not copy it? or does the copy work and you cannot paste?? Is your worksheet protected? >-----Original Message----- >I am currently attempting to move multiple rows of data from one work >book to another, after selecting all the data I am unable to cut or >copy...

Moving to MSVC++.Net
I have a perfectly good application in VC++ 6.0 and I dont want to convert it to the .Net environment but (and sorry if this is a naive question) can I continue to use standard MFC C++ programming but use the Visual Studio.Net environment. If so are there any good pointers on potential problems. Thanks for any help you can offer Phil I use Visual Studio .Net and there is no reason you have to use the ..Net features for standard MFC C++ programming. It still allows a standard interface and you can use the same unmanaged features that you use in VC++ 6.0, so no worries. You shouldn'...

Cached Exchange Mode and Moving Mailboxes
I am moving users from a Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 Server. After the mailboxs are moved, about half of the users using Outlook 2003 in cached mode cannot connect to the new server. We have to manualy go in and change the server name in Outlook. The users not using cached mode are fine. Has anyone come across this? "Dennis Romito" <DennisRomito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D85A15FF-AFFD-4778-8641-72A9E5B0E5E4@microsoft.com... >I am moving users from a Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 Server. After >the > mailboxs are moved, about hal...

SignedXml ds prefix
Hi! Im creating project in c# .net2.0, to sign and verify documens us xmldsig format. My problem is how to use prefix "ds" instead of: xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" in SignedInfo, SignatureValue and KeyInfo node and their child nodes? I add xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" attribute to xmlDocument. After call ComputeSignature method, I add to signature xmlElement (XmlElement xmlDigitalSignature = signedXml.GetXml()) frefix ds (xmlDigitalSignature.Prefix = "ds") - this change xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" ...