! DR test problems

Okay, I am knee deep in a Disaster Recovery test and the AD guy has just
informed me that there is no Global Catalog and it looks like he cannot
rebuild.  I am supposed to recover an Exchange 2003 database that contains
about 200 users for this test and I cannot do because it looks like AD will
be useless to me (currently no one can log into the domain).  My question is
this: can I restore the Exchange 2003 database and use some utility to
recreate users and their attributes in a new domain?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  I know it is a test but it is important for performance
reviews....... :)  and it looks as though it will be good experience

Regards
Scott Miller

Bummer.

Is the DC completely shot, or can you run dcpromo on a fresh box, and point
it at the DC?  If you can do that, then you can turn it into a GC once it is
done replicationg the AD partition...

"Scott Miller" <ScottMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I am knee deep in a Disaster Recovery test and the AD guy has just
> informed me that there is no Global Catalog and it looks like he cannot
> rebuild.  I am supposed to recover an Exchange 2003 database that contains
> about 200 users for this test and I cannot do because it looks like AD
will
> be useless to me (currently no one can log into the domain).  My question
is
> this: can I restore the Exchange 2003 database and use some utility to
> recreate users and their attributes in a new domain?  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.  I know it is a test but it is important for
performance
> reviews....... :)  and it looks as though it will be good experience
>
> Regards
> Scott Miller

0
tfelts (292)

Chart formatting problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Any ideas on how to solve some chart formatting issues in 2008? For example, Any attempt at axis formatting a date range on one axis in a line chart seems to throw up a dialog box that says "This entry is invalid for the data used by this chart" whatever you try to do! Also in using a simple bar chart but positioning the vertical axis in the middle of the horizontal axis leaves the cart with the vertical axis labels stuck in the middle of the chart. On earlier versions there was a facility to move tick mark la...

ignore this test (sorry; xyz)
Ignore this test (xyz). I do not expect this to survive on the MSNews server. But it might be propagated to other servers. Sorry about that. I have performed my tests in m.p.test.here. But I need to do a final test in m.p.e.misc, because the policies of some NGs might be different from others. ...

how to debug this problem?
My application is generating an exception and, in this case, I don't really know how to begin debugging it. Please note I have a reasonable amount of experience using the debugger. My application records and displays data in real time. There are several events that the application responds to which switches it to a non-real time display of the data (data continues to be recorded in the background). One of these events is clicking on the horizontal scroll bar. Everything works well until the horizontal scroll bar is clicked. This part of the application use to run without problem an...

Reporting Problem 12-21-05
Hi all I upgraded 1.2 to 3.0, and everything works fine, except the reporting services. When I run any report, I get a blank page. I enabled all scripting and activeX setting in IE. Do I need to add the Reporting webpage to the Local sites, or what? Thanks Tomas ...

Outlook today problems
i have outlook 2003 on win XP every time I try to change the window of outlook today, it keeps the style I choose like winter, summer and so on. When I change to another window and come back to the Outlook today page, the system has restored the original style and there are some red X instead of small images. What can be the issue? .. ...

Dr. Watson error Event ID: 4097
I am getting Dr. Watson error for the store on a fairly regular basis now on one of my exchnage server application .I am using exchange 5.5 sp4.The AV in the server is running in API mode.The server also has remote agent for Veritas. The details are: Event ID: 4097 Source: DrWatson Type: Information Category: None Description: The application, exe\store.dbg, generated an application error The error occurred on 3/ 8/2005 @ 14:59: 0.997 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0042466b What could be the problem ....Can anyone shed some light on this??... See if post-SP4 hot-fixes...

same problem
I am having the same problem with Pub2002, have downloaded all the patch's, etc, tried everything MS has recommended, still can't use the file that I have been using for months. Looking for suggestion! sd wrote: > I am having the same problem with Pub2002, have downloaded > all the patch's, etc, tried everything MS has recommended, > still can't use the file that I have been using for > months. Looking for suggestion! WHAT same problem/same problem as whom? Please see link three in my signature to learn how to post to newsgroups effectively. -- Perdita X. Dr...

Problem restoring Outlook 2003 PST file
I recently lost my pc in a power outage. Luckily, I was able to salvage the hard drive and copied the outlook.pst file to a CD. I am having trouble with Outlook recognizing my Contacts. Here is what I did: I opened up Outlook 2003 for the first time and receive the normal �welcome� email. I then go to File\Open\Outlook Data File and opened up the outlook.pst file. When I �click� on Contacts, I do see my address book, however a) if I try to add a new contact, it adds it to another contact list b) if I edit a contact, the custom categories that I created on my old pc, ...

Account Problem
Hi, I while ago I removed an accout that I wanted to quit using. For some reason it hasn't been removed totally. When I look under Email Accounts, the account has been removed. But I am still receiving post sent to this account, and the account is still vissible in the 'sending/receiving-screen'. Can anybody tell me how this is possible and how to remove the account permanently? David "Jason" <svpindegroep@danku.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:z2l1c.733261$_x2.1624295@zonnet-reader-1... > [...] > Can anybody tell me how this is possible and how to >...

test
fdfdsaf "�²ʷ�" <caifeng.918@163.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:%23358cZ1HIHA.5276@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > ...

test #8
My apologies for the test but my last 3 posts haven't posted..... ...

IS problem
Hi I have IS problem, the IS wont start. The errors are: Event 5000, 1121, 9098. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 5000 Date: 31/10/2005 Time: 23:19:38 User: N/A Computer: MAILSRVR Description: Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. - Error 0x8004010f. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1121 Date: 31/10/2005 Time: 23:19:38 User: N/A Computer: MAILSRVR Description: Error 0x8004010f co...

problem with element data type
I'm using MSXML 4.0 in my application and i have a problem when i try to retrieve an attribut value with the property IXMLDOMNode::nodeTypedValue. in my XML i have the element : <MyElem x_date="2006-03-16T12:30:30" x_int="6"/> If i attach an XDR document : <AttributeType name="x_date" required="yes" dt:type="datetime" /> <AttributeType name="x_int" required="yes" dt:type="number" /> In my application, if i call : _variant_t x = y->attributes->getNamedItem(L"x_date")->...

Email OWA via website problems, please help!
Right ill try and explain this as simple as i can. This is the problem that i have with allowing email via the website. At our organisation we have 9 servers in total, These are and do the following: Data: Students profiles and software distribution Phylz: NAS Storage server for Staff and students work areas Catalogue: Primary DNS Server & Primary Domain Controller Email: Email, Secondary DNS Server, Secondary Domain Controller Imaging: Backup/Restore Server Print: Print Server Squid: Internet Proxy Server/Filtering Server Bigbrother: Video Server/Streaming Server Remote: RDC Server/Int...

Printing problem in Excell 2007
One of my suppliers sends me his price list in an excel file, this file has a large Logo picture on the first page. When I look at the spreadsheet in any of the Excel views it looks great however when I print it or send it to Adobe Acrobat for PDF'ing the logo almost doubles in size covering data on the spreadsheet. I have noticed that some other of my spreadsheets do the same thing. Does anyone have any idea why excel does this? ...

Exchange DR, what to do
Hello been asked to develop DR (DR as in an entire site being wiped out) plans for our organisations Exchange environment. We have two-node exchange clusters at siteA and at siteB. We have a separate DR site with a newly installed DC, and a standby Exchange Server. I originally had the idea of the following 1. in the event of a disaster, on the DR DC, seize all the FSMO roles 2. setup blank databases on the DR exchange server, use some script to set the homemdb, homemta, msexchhomeserver attributes to point at the DR server 3. users then (after rejigging their outlook profile) then open outl...

problem with services
I have a problem with a web site service. It's a single program that spawns several processes... if the main program dies, the processes are left out there and when the main program starts again, you now have more than the prescribed number of processes running... ie: map runner spawns 4 processes, then dies. when map runner starts up again, you have 8 processes running. If the main program dies again, you may have 12 running... none of which return memory to the pool. The vendor is looking at the main program, but until they find the issue I was hoping to be able to stop th...

Printing scale problem beetween Project 2003 and Project 2007
Hi, I have a little problem on 2 different computers with the same file. On one of the computers I have Project 2003 SP3 and on the other one I have Project 2007. The file needs to be printed on 1 page only and was saved like that. When I open the same file on each computer (without changing any options) I don't have the same result, the Print Preview with 2003 is ok. Print Preview with Project 2007 seems to have been reduced to fit the page hence it looks half the size of the preview lengthwise in 2003. Do you have any idea of what could be the problem? Thanks ...

Exmerge Problem #6
Hey Group I am having a problem with migrating users between two servers in the org but different sites. I am trying to move users from Server A in Site A to Server B in Site B. I first ran a test on two test subjects on Server A Site A, but when I run the exmerge program it copies the mailboxes to a PST with no problem. but when I try and import the PST into Server B in Site B it fails with Errors. This happens weather I use the 1 step or the 2 step process. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. what version of Exchange? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "IT Geek" <...

Pass Mark Performance Test 7.0 any good?
Has anyone any comments on the Pass Mark Performance test 7.0 for Windows 7? Intel Q8200, 6 GB RAM. To test overall system? ...

Getting rid of: "The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems."
I have been sharing my Outlook (2002) mail folders and settings between my laptop and my desktop computers by moving the entire outlook.pst back and forth. This has MOSTLY been working quite nicely. But ever since I started doing this, MOST (but not ALL) start-ups of Outlook have produced the following message: "The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." Then I have to wait (sometimes as long as 10 minutes) for Outlook to do whatever it is doing. Can anyone advise as to how to get rid of this irritating behavior? ...

aol problems with outlook
I have 2 AOL email accounts but only set-up one of those using Outlook. However the other AOL account that I did NOT set-up with Outlook no longer has any of my emails that were in my InBox. They disappeared? How do I get them back and why did they go away? Has anyone had this problem ? Thank you If you are saying the mail from the other account is now showing in Outlook, then it means that your 2 aol mail accounts are catchall accounts, ie they are not unique accounts. But if you are saying the mail is not showing in Outlook, then its nothing to do with outlook &qu...

Problem with the TRIM command
I have four fields (First_Name, MI, Last_Name, Suffix) that I am trying to trim so that they will appear without spaces on a report. When I do a combined string (=RTrim([First_Name])+" "+[MI]+" "+Trim([Last_Name])+" "+[Suffix]) I run into problems when any one of the fields is blank. Nothing will print. As long as all four fields contain data it will print. Problem is that only a few records have data in all four fields. When I separate out the fields into four separate controls on the report, I cant get the TRIM function to work and there are spac...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #8
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Hyperlink problem
Hi All, I have the code below on a command button, to insert a hyperlink into a text box, but it is not working, can you help. Thanks Private Sub Command107_Click() Me.Hyperlink1.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdInsertHyperlink End Sub Is Hyperlink1 an OLE field ? If not you need to give more details of what the end result is that you're trying to get. Also, when you say "not working". Are you getting an error message (like 2046 or 2501, etc) More details are needed to be able to give a good answer -- Wayne Manchester, England. "blake...