"Delivered" mail not in users mailboxes

Hello!

I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on
Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email,
yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028,
indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes.

Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than
just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to
search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else.

Thank you!

Gregg Hill

0
bogus9187 (191)

Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that way?

Nue
"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server
> on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting
> email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and
> 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes.
>
> Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than
> just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to
> search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Gregg Hill

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/24/2006 1:00:02 AM
Nuevo,

Yes. That is the log to which I am referring (in the C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\MAIL.log folder) that shows it is successfully delivered. I
have used Outlook to search ALL the user's folders.

Gregg Hill

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that
> way?
>
> Nue
> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Hello!
>>
>> I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server
>> on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting
>> email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023
>> and 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes.
>>
>> Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than
>> just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to
>> search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Gregg Hill

0
bogus9187 (191)
2/24/2006 1:09:33 AM
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:47:31 -0800, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on
>Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email,
>yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028,
>indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes.
>
>Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than
>just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to
>search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else.
>
>Thank you!
>
>Gregg Hill

If the tracking logs show it was delivered, it was. Check rules,
delegates, personal folders, Outlook Views and does this person use a
PDA or anything that maybe popping the mail out of the mailbox?

If you know the subject, you can use exmerge to search the mailboxes
for the message.

0
adavid (8731)
2/24/2006 1:11:13 AM
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:11:13 -0500, "Andy David - [MVP]"
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:47:31 -0800, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Hello!
>>
>>I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on
>>Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email,
>>yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028,
>>indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes.
>>
>>Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than
>>just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to
>>search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else.
>>
>>Thank you!
>>
>>Gregg Hill
>>

>If the tracking logs show it was delivered, it was. Check rules,
>delegates, personal folders, Outlook Views and does this person use a
>PDA or anything that maybe popping the mail out of the mailbox?
>
>If you know the subject, you can use exmerge to search the mailboxes
>for the message.

ANother thing, if you implement the DumpsterAlwaysOn tweak, you can
look under the inbox folder which is where it might be if something
else is moving that message out.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178630

0
adavid (8731)
2/24/2006 1:17:12 AM
Andy,

Will do.

Exmerge? I never used it that way before, but I will give it a try.

Gregg Hill

"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:h6nsv15om2hmj22kikv1d4dg43id0nlp3s@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:47:31 -0800, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hello!
>>
>>I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server
>>on
>>Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email,
>>yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028,
>>indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes.
>>
>>Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than
>>just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to
>>search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else.
>>
>>Thank you!
>>
>>Gregg Hill
>>

> If the tracking logs show it was delivered, it was. Check rules,
> delegates, personal folders, Outlook Views and does this person use a
> PDA or anything that maybe popping the mail out of the mailbox?
>
> If you know the subject, you can use exmerge to search the mailboxes
> for the message.

0
bogus9187 (191)
2/24/2006 1:17:24 AM
Nuevo,

I spoke too soon. I thought that the search in Outlook had completed, but it
was still running. The "missing" message was in his Inbox. Another "missing"
message was found, but it is not in his Inbox. Looking at the Find results,
I don't know how to tell in which folder it is actually resides. I'll keep
looking.

I am sorry to have wasted your time.

Gregg Hill

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that
> way?
>
> Nue
> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Hello!
>>
>> I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server
>> on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting
>> email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023
>> and 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes.
>>
>> Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than
>> just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to
>> search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Gregg Hill

0
bogus9187 (191)
2/24/2006 2:57:27 AM
Andy,

That article is for Exchange 5.5 and 2000. This one
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205/en-us is for 2003.

Thank you again!

Gregg Hill

Also, just so you do not miss my reply to Nuevo:

message news:shnsv1h5fjop2nbabh5ue61df00iq4bohd@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:11:13 -0500, "Andy David - [MVP]"
> <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:47:31 -0800, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Hello!
>>>
>>>I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server
>>>on
>>>Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email,
>>>yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028,
>>>indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes.
>>>
>>>Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than
>>>just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to
>>>search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else.
>>>
>>>Thank you!
>>>
>>>Gregg Hill
>>>

>>If the tracking logs show it was delivered, it was. Check rules,
>>delegates, personal folders, Outlook Views and does this person use a
>>PDA or anything that maybe popping the mail out of the mailbox?
>>
>>If you know the subject, you can use exmerge to search the mailboxes
>>for the message.
>>
> ANother thing, if you implement the DumpsterAlwaysOn tweak, you can
> look under the inbox folder which is where it might be if something
> else is moving that message out.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178630

0
bogus9187 (191)
2/24/2006 3:04:04 AM
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 19:04:04 -0800, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Andy,
>
>That article is for Exchange 5.5 and 2000. This one
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205/en-us is for 2003.
>
>Thank you again!

Naw, the registry key is the same! They probably should just make that
one KB.

>Gregg Hill
>

>Also, just so you do not miss my reply to Nuevo:
>
>"Nuevo,
>
>I spoke too soon. I thought that the search in Outlook had completed, but it
>was still running. The "missing" message was in his Inbox. Another "missing"
>message was found, but it is not in his Inbox. Looking at the Find results,
>I don't know how to tell in which folder it is actually resides. I'll keep
>looking.
>
>I am sorry to have wasted your time."
>

>"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>message news:shnsv1h5fjop2nbabh5ue61df00iq4bohd@4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:11:13 -0500, "Andy David - [MVP]"
>> <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>>>If the tracking logs show it was delivered, it was. Check rules,
>>>delegates, personal folders, Outlook Views and does this person use a
>>>PDA or anything that maybe popping the mail out of the mailbox?
>>>
>>>If you know the subject, you can use exmerge to search the mailboxes
>>>for the message.
>>>
>> ANother thing, if you implement the DumpsterAlwaysOn tweak, you can
>> look under the inbox folder which is where it might be if something
>> else is moving that message out.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178630

0
adavid (8731)
2/24/2006 1:59:41 PM
We also had a similar problem, you might want to check and see if there
are any rules set up.  I've had several users mysteriously set a rule
to hide all new messages (or I belive it was hide unread messages).
Obviously any new message would not appear in the inbox but you could
find them on a search if you knew who sent them.

Just another thought.

> >I spoke too soon. I thought that the search in Outlook had completed, but it
> >was still running. The "missing" message was in his Inbox. Another "missing"
> >message was found, but it is not in his Inbox. Looking at the Find results,
> >I don't know how to tell in which folder it is actually resides. I'll keep
> >looking.
> >
> >I am sorry to have wasted your time."

Andy,

I just set up a GPO to force the DumpsterAlwaysOn setting to the clients on
the domain. What happens if someone sets up Outlook via RPC over HTTP? I
assume that setting will not work unless they manually add it to ALL systems
they on which they use Outlook.

Is there a way to make the setting take effect on the Exchange server, or is
it strictly a client-side change?

> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 19:04:04 -0800, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Andy,
>>
>>That article is for Exchange 5.5 and 2000. This one
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205/en-us is for 2003.
>>
>>Thank you again!
>
> Naw, the registry key is the same! They probably should just make that
> one KB.
>

>>Gregg Hill
>>

>>Also, just so you do not miss my reply to Nuevo:
>>
>>"Nuevo,
>>
>>I spoke too soon. I thought that the search in Outlook had completed, but
>>it
>>was still running. The "missing" message was in his Inbox. Another
>>"missing"
>>message was found, but it is not in his Inbox. Looking at the Find
>>results,
>>I don't know how to tell in which folder it is actually resides. I'll keep
>>looking.
>>
>>I am sorry to have wasted your time."
>>

>>"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>message news:shnsv1h5fjop2nbabh5ue61df00iq4bohd@4ax.com...

>>> ANother thing, if you implement the DumpsterAlwaysOn tweak, you can
>>> look under the inbox folder which is where it might be if something
>>> else is moving that message out.
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178630

0
bogus9187 (191)
2/24/2006 7:19:11 PM
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:19:11 -0800, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Andy,
>
>I just set up a GPO to force the DumpsterAlwaysOn setting to the clients on
>the domain. What happens if someone sets up Outlook via RPC over HTTP? I
>assume that setting will not work unless they manually add it to ALL systems
>they on which they use Outlook.
>
>Is there a way to make the setting take effect on the Exchange server, or is
>it strictly a client-side change?

Its client-side only.  Unless the users logon directly to the domain
from their remote workstations, those GPOS wont be applied, yes.

Note this as well:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886205

"Deleted items are not available after you use "Recover Deleted Items"
in Outlook 2003"

>Gregg Hill
>

>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 19:04:04 -0800, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Andy,
>>>
>>>That article is for Exchange 5.5 and 2000. This one
>>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886205/en-us is for 2003.
>>>
>>>Thank you again!
>>
>> Naw, the registry key is the same! They probably should just make that
>> one KB.
>>

>>>Gregg Hill
>>>

>>>Also, just so you do not miss my reply to Nuevo:
>>>
>>>"Nuevo,
>>>
>>>I spoke too soon. I thought that the search in Outlook had completed, but
>>>it
>>>was still running. The "missing" message was in his Inbox. Another
>>>"missing"
>>>message was found, but it is not in his Inbox. Looking at the Find
>>>results,
>>>I don't know how to tell in which folder it is actually resides. I'll keep
>>>looking.
>>>
>>>I am sorry to have wasted your time."
>>>

>>>"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>message news:shnsv1h5fjop2nbabh5ue61df00iq4bohd@4ax.com...

0
adavid (8731)
2/24/2006 7:27:26 PM
Andy,

The article you quoted is the one I mentioned to you already.

I will have my friend email the exported DumpsterAlwaysOn.reg file to users
who connect from remote systems. I cleaned it up so that the dumpster
setting is the only one in the .reg file.

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:19:11 -0800, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Andy,
>>
>>I just set up a GPO to force the DumpsterAlwaysOn setting to the clients
>>on
>>the domain. What happens if someone sets up Outlook via RPC over HTTP? I
>>assume that setting will not work unless they manually add it to ALL
>>systems
>>they on which they use Outlook.
>>
>>Is there a way to make the setting take effect on the Exchange server, or
>>is
>>it strictly a client-side change?
>
> Its client-side only.  Unless the users logon directly to the domain
> from their remote workstations, those GPOS wont be applied, yes.
>
> Note this as well:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886205
>
> "Deleted items are not available after you use "Recover Deleted Items"
> in Outlook 2003"
>

>>Gregg Hill
>>

>>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>message

>>> Naw, the registry key is the same! They probably should just make that
>>> one KB.

0
bogus9187 (191)
2/24/2006 8:28:43 PM
Cathy,

I have had that one bite me before, but that is not the case this time.

We still have one problem where a user randomly gets a copy of a message on
his Blackberry, but it never shows up in Outlook (from his computer or mine
via RPC/HTTP). A full search of ALL the user's mail folders does not turn up
the message, even though the Exchange logs show an event ID 1028, meaning it
was delivered to the mailbox. No rules active. Still fighting this one!

Thanks anyway!

Gregg Hill

"Cathy" <cathy.herrmann@alverno.edu> wrote in message
> We also had a similar problem, you might want to check and see if there
> are any rules set up.  I've had several users mysteriously set a rule
> to hide all new messages (or I belive it was hide unread messages).
> Obviously any new message would not appear in the inbox but you could
> find them on a search if you knew who sent them.
>
> Just another thought.
>

>> >I spoke too soon. I thought that the search in Outlook had completed,
>> >but it
>> >was still running. The "missing" message was in his Inbox. Another
>> >"missing"
>> >message was found, but it is not in his Inbox. Looking at the Find
>> >results,
>> >I don't know how to tell in which folder it is actually resides. I'll
>> >keep
>> >looking.
>> >
>> >I am sorry to have wasted your time."

0
bogus9187 (191)

SMTP e-mail is being delivered to a wrong mailbox
Good Morning, We had a mailbox XYZ with 2 SMTP addressess: SMTP1 (primary) and smtp2. After creating a new user ID 123 with its own mailbox; deleting the smtp2 from XYZ, and adding it to mailbox of account 123, half of the messages from the Internet that are addressed to smtp2 still go to mailbox XYZ - even though the only SMTP currently associated with mailbox XYZ is SMTP1. Any help on why this is occuring or how to resolve it would be helpful. Your active directory isn't replicating. "Alex" <dcihelpdesk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4daa01c473db$b7184670$a...

2K3 to 5.5 not delivered
Mixed 5.5 and 2003. Moved 40% of users to 2K3 box. Have 2 users who cannot send mail to anybody on the 5.5 box but can send to everyone on the 2K3 box. When sending to distro lists, only goes to the 2K3 recipients. First person who had this problem, we worked on it for 3 days then one day we came in and there were 6 copies of his mailbox, 3 on the 5.5 box and 3 on the 2K3 box. Eventually was able to delete 4 of them (2 from each box) and all of a sudden he can send to anyone now. We've gone through all the Technet articles we could find but haven't found a fix. You may try ...

Delivered reports--Changes
Hope somebody can help me out. I have request to change the delivered "Quote Report" that comes with CRM 4. They are small changes but I am looking for the Source code. I thought it was Quote.rdl but that does not seem to be it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Terry ...

Word Attachments not being delivered
I have just upgraded to Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 on my server. Everything looks good and seems to be working except that messages that have word attachments are not being delivered. Is this a common problem? Is there a fix? Any guidance would be appreciated. "=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBHcnViZXI=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:EC82CC54-2F23-4013-A085-F85C66ECD743@microsoft.com: > I have just upgraded to Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 on my server. > Everything looks good and seems to be working except that messages > that have word attachment...

Messages not delivered to another Routing Group HELP NEEDED
I have three routing groups ( exchange in the 3 of them are Exch 2k sp3 ). Mail from one server ( in my headquarter routing group ) to another ( in one branch office routing group ) is getting stucked in MESSAGES WITH UNREACHABLE DESTINATION and not routed to that server. Connectors seems to be working just fine. After add my other exchange server from my headqurter group to the connector to be albe to send mail it shows the queue now in the connector but does not sends anything. Otherwise, mail from my branch office to my headquarter correctly sends mail. Any help would be gre...

OWA email delivered to clients junk folder
I am running Exchange2003 SP2. When clients send email via OWA, the recipients using Outlook with Junk Email folders enabled are receiving the emails to this folder. If the client sends from his or her Outlook client, mail is received by the recipient to the Inbox correctly. Thanks for any help! ...

Messages are not delivered
When I send messages everything appears OK. No error messages. Nothing stuck in outbox. Sent folder reflects message sent, however, recipient does not receive message. Not ISP, worked with them all day yesterday. Help And do we no that the recepients ISP filtering or their spam filtering is not deleting your msg? "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36645B4C-F661-497B-BDE9-272AA467B5FB@microsoft.com... > When I send messages everything appears OK. No error messages. Nothing > stuck > in outbox. Sent folder reflects message sent, ...

one mailbox sending NDR, but message is being delivered
Clever People! Any chance you can help me on this, I have an XCHG2k3 Server with 5 mailboxes, all connect to POP3. One of the exchange mailboxes is sending a mailbox unknown (5.1.1) error to the sender, but is still delivering the message to the client inbox. This occurs for internal and external sources. The NDR is as follows: ********************* Reporting-MTA: dns;company.ltd.uk Received-From-MTA: dns;company.ltd.uk Arrival-Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:03:42 +0000 Final-Recipient: rfc822;firstname.surname@COMPANY.LTD.UK Action: failed Status: 5.1.1 ********************** Any ideas? Kat ...

Undelivered Mail
Hi All, My Company will send bulk mail to customer. Before we do it, we test sending it to our internal people. Then we noticed that the mail is not delivered. As we know, there are several way for sending the email. When I send the bulk email from quick campaign whose activity is mail http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/pending_delivery/1-quickcampaigne-mailtype.jpg or send email bulk email from send direct email http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/pending_delivery/3-senddirectemail.jpg then there is no email delivered to recipient. The email i...

Message gets delivered but and NDR 5.1.1 is still generated.
Hello! We have a problem with as Exchange Server 2003 that is returning NDR's even though the email sent to the recipient is still delivered to the inbox. Message tracking tells me that its delivered locally to the store of the user but after that its submitted to advanced queuing and finally an NDR is generated. I have checked so that there arent any forwards set. I also created a new user and with a new mailbox and then i moved the recipient address to that mailbox. One idea i was thinking is that there might be an SMTP Event Sink lying around, we just got the server in our hands ...

Single email delivered 10 times
Does anyone know of a reason why an email sent a single time would be delivered to the recipient 10 times? This is only happening to one account. No one else has complained about a similar issue. This user sent a single email to a customer and they received it 10 times. I asked the user to email me at an external address and I received it twice. Does the user have any Outlook Rules setup? Have you tried recreating the users Outlook Profile? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Incoming external NDR not delivered
Hi Using Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 in FE/BE configuration. I have a public folder mail enabled that receives job vacancies and application from external. I have noticed that any externally generated NDRs for this PF email mail address does not appear in the public folder. Other external email messages are recieved. The Exchange message tracking center says that it was delivered localy to the store and email address. Why is this? Thanks RajiA Why would there be externally-generated NDRs for this public folder? Are you sending mail from it to invalid addresses? -- ...

Can't access delivered email
I have Windows XP and use Outlook express for my email. I also have Norton for security. Sometimes, not always, when I boot up Outlook Express, it will say something like "Two new emails" but nothing appears on my Inbox list. Server connection is fine. I'm afraid I'm missing important emails and don't know how to access them. Is this a security issue? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups...

Stop Message from being delivered!
Situation: Some fool users forwarded message with a very big attachment size.. so every time he will hit send/receive in outlook express 6.0 the message could not be received and the dialog box pops saying that the mail server stop responding for 60 secs. I am using Exchange 5.5. Where can I find this particular message of a particular receiver/sender so I could stop the very big size message from clogging the server thanks:) Hi, If the mail is not in the IMC outbound queue check the Awaiting conversion outbound queue. If they are not in here the mail is stuck inside the Store and...

Best way to schedule emails to be delivered
I would like to know the best way to schedule emails to be delivered to clients. I would need to set up maybe 12 emails per client to be delivered every two weeks. I see if I set one up it sits in my outbox until the date it is to be delivered. Is there a better or easier way of doing it. Thanks for any suggestions. what way are you currently using to "set one up"? what version of Outlook do you have? Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" ...

testing exchange for non delivered messages
Our setup is as follows; an internet e-mail is sent from an outside soucre, it then goes though our SMTP gateway, then on to our Exchange 2003 server. Now I can track the missing random e-mails as such, check the log on the SMTP gateway and see the message has been delivered to Exchange, now once Exchange has the e-mail is there away to track what happens. In some cases e-mails are not making it into the receptants inbox without a way to track I'm at a lost for trouble shooting. Mike you only need to enable message tracking on the Exchange server... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] &qu...

Messages Delivered but not recived.
Our Exchange 2003 server is reciveing SMTP emails from OpenVMS. The problem is that when OpenVMS sends out a report which sends out mutlipole emails with text attachemnts only 4 or 5 of the 15 messages that are sent reach the inbox of the Outlook Client. I have looked at the Tracking Logs and it shows all 15 message being delivered with out any errors. I have tried sending the same report to 5 different users with the same results. I can send the report to other mail servers like yahoo and hotmail and everthing comes through fine. The messages are not being blocked by our virus software...

Some emails get delivered to deleted folder
I've got a number of rules in place to deal with persistent spammers. For instance I get a pirate software spam roughly 20 times a day advertising the same programs, so I chose the program names I'm least likely to get an email about and dump them straight into the deleted items folder. So also for emails mentioning viagra, cialis or enlarged genitalia. They seem to be from the same spammer and while the sender always changes the content never does. Some days this spammer sees fit to send me as many as 100 copies of the same spam emails. But there are a few legitimate emails that f...

Inbound Notifications Failures not delivered to Administrator #2
Inbound Notifications Failures not delivered to Administrator (and subsequently forwarded to me). Recent new SBS2003 (and Exchange 2003)install.. I have amended the properties of the Default SMTP Virtual Server and on the messages tab, "send copy of non-delivery report to, I have put my email address in. I am a step closer to what I am wanting to achieve... ..... I am getting the NDR's now for unresolved reciprients.. ....with the old 5.5 setup we had, the email itself was attached to the NDR... There is an option in Default SMTP Virtual Server for "Forward unresolved ma...

Mail not delivered to specific domain
I have a remote exchange 5.5 server that is pointing to my 2003 server on its IMS Tab. E-mails are not delivered to a specific domain with not NDR or messages in evt vwr. I had the remote admin trace the message and got the following output. Can someone please translate the information and possibly ascertain what is preventing mail delivery to this domain? 50-XEXCH50 250 OK 3/21/2007 10:28:37 AM : >>> MAIL FROM:<user1@domain.com> SIZE=8085 RET=FULL 3/21/2007 10:28:38 AM : <<< 250 2.1.0 user1@domain.com....Sender OK 3/21/2007 10:28:38 AM : >>> RCPT TO:&l...

message delivered to Calendar (Office XP)
Outlook XP Messages from a particular user are being delivered to the Outlook Calendar folder. Only way to find out that a message was received from this particular user is to do a Find, and it shows the location as Calendar. ALL other mail is delivered to the Inbox without problem. Not sure where to begin to look to troubleshoot this problem. There are no rules at all. There is nothing set on the Exchange server. Any suggestions? G'Day "C" Take the Scenic Route, and take a good look round on the way: Select "Inbox" and click the "Organize"...

Outlook hanging, emails incorrectly delivered to deleted items
Outlook has been incorrectly delivering emails to the deleted items folder. Also, Outlook is hanging at times. Any suggestions where to start looking? ...

Emails being delivered multiple times
Suddenly, I'm having problems sending email with pictures or documents attached. The message is coded. Neither the picture or document will open. People are getting 20-50 of the same emails. What's wrong. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced. Uncheck: "Break apart messages........". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "GRH" <GRH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36091DA3-0521-4B85-BD7B-4F5E6B6F5805@microsoft.com... > > Suddenly, I'm having problems sending email w...

"Undeliverable" is still delivered
We have a client that is getting the "Undeliverable" message when sending to us but we ARE getting the original message. Serfver has not been down or no changes made. Any thoughts? ...

forwarded email gets delivered twice
I've seen this problem mentioned on a few postings before but no fix. Basically when I add a contact in AD to have an external address and apply a forward to to a mailbox account the message is delivered twice to the external address. I have looked at the message tracking to find that the backend will process the mail and pass it onto a front end virtual server which then does the same thing. Hope can I stop this happening? Cheers Win ...