/3gb switch

On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the
boot.ini file to include the

/3GB /USERVA=3030

Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the
memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up.

Any ideas?
0
Azcuy (1)

The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that
can be modified to optimize memory usage.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the
> boot.ini file to include the
>
> /3GB /USERVA=3030
>
> Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the
> memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up.
>
> Any ideas?

0
Ben
10/29/2004 3:42:44 PM
Just set this registry setting :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
Value name: HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold
Value type: REG_DWORD
Value data: 0x00040000 (recommended)
Value default: not present

"Jorge Azcuy" wrote:

> On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the
> boot.ini file to include the
>
> /3GB /USERVA=3030
>
> Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the
> memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up.
>
> Any ideas?

/3GB
I got a new server with Win2003 R2 standard (32bit) + Exchange 2003 standard. This machine has 4GB of RAM. It will be configured as follows: - standalone or member of Win2003 AD domain - host 40+ user mailboxes + public folders - will be a dedicated mail server (no other applications installed) Questions: - Would it be wise to use /3gb switch in boot.ini? - If so, must the switch be paired with /USERVA=3030? (is 3030 the correct number?) If I understand correctly, without the /3gb switch, Windows will split physical memory usage right in the middle (2GB for OS, 2GB for applications - in...

The 3GB switch
I have windows 2003 R2 with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed. I get event id 9665 which says "The memory settings for this server are not optimal for Exchange." There is 4 GB of ram installed and this is in the boot.ini file and I still get that error. multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /noexecute=optout /fastdetect /3GB /userva=3030 Is there a setting that I am missing? Thanks for your help, Mark On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:15:12 -0400, Mark <mark@nomail.com> wrote: >I have windows 2003 R2 with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed. I ...

how could i capture the event when my computer switch display device?
laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone know ? "thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea3d8cfa-2c80-445f-899e-630ec0bd9239@a8g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing > Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn > for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone > ...

Connecting Switches
Hi, I know this isn't strictly a SBS question but I'm hoping someone can answer me a simple (I hope) question. My SBS network has outgrown it's current office and we need to get a couple of PC's, telephones and a printer put in another office about 40 meters away. To get a bit of breathing space I want 10 data points in this new office (we will only need 5). My local voice / data installers are wanting to run 10 cat5e cables to this new office so will require around 500 meters of cabling and "x" amount of time for wages. I have a Dell PowerConnec...

Problems switching to new hardware
after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it as a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the OS on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site from our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS ma...

HELP. 2 Emails in 03' and need to switch them.... want new email M
Help! I have just added second email acct to 2003 + want new acct to appear so its connected to contacts,calendar,outbox... I'm unsure of how to explain it.... but I'll try. Note: I have already made this email account my default account. Currently, my view looks like this in "all mail folders" view under Mail in navigation pane: +Personal Folders Deleted items Drafts +Inbox ****(This is the inital email, and under OUTLOOK TODAY, THIS email account comes under inbox (seen under "messages" in Outlook Today.)**** Junk Email ...

User Switch
XP, Home Edition ,SP3 Hello! Somehow thru my own judgment error I have managed to become a Computer Administrator..Prior to today I would go directly to the desktop and begin using my PC..Now I find myself having to allow the computer to load my personal settings..I would like to go back to the default(?) I had but I have scoured the options to go back and I don't know how..I am anxious to go back to what I had..I have never shared my computer so I guess I am ignorant about switching users...Thanks so Much...Nick Run System Restore to a time before the problem began. ...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

Conflicting information about using /3GB switch on Exchange 2003 Server?
We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise on a Windows 2003 Server standard platform. The server has 4 GB of physical memory. I have found conflicting information on Microsoft's site, regarding whether using the /3 GB switch on my server. Some of the documentation says to only use it with Windows 2000 Advanced Server or Windows 2003 Enterprise Server, and that using it on Windows 2003 Standard can cause the OS to become unstable, while other documentation says that the /3GB switch is safe to use across all versions of Windows 2003 Server. Which is it? You can use it on either the ...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

Secondary Display Driver fails to load with /3GB
We are developing a Windows XP 32-bit system with an nVidia card and an ATI card driving multiple displays, and have encountered a situation where some of the displays will not become enabled if the /3GB and /USERVA=2500 setting is used. This problem was first identified using an AMD V5600 from Barco Medical Imaging using the Barco video driver, and an nVidia FX380. The results were confirmed to also occur with an AMD Radeon X1800 and an nVidia FX380 using the latest drivers from AMD and nVidia. The AMD card is driving two displays, and the nVidia card is driving one display. ...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

switching between processes
Hi, I have simple script witch runs RDC console all over again if mstsc.exe procees is down. strComputer ="." Dim i i=5 Do While i>3 WScript.Sleep(1) Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _ & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2") Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _ ("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'mstsc.exe'") Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") If colProcessList.Count = 0 Then objShell.Run ("mstsc c:\ts.rdp") ...

3GB Switch
I have Dell Server with 4GB of RAM on which I need to Install Exchange 2003 Enterprise on Windows 2003 SP1 Standard. I have added the 3GB Switch & my boot.ini file " multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /noexecute=optout /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=3030" in a single line. Pl. let us know whether noexecute=optout & 3GB /USERVA=3030 is right or we need to change something. -- Regards, Ahmad M. Zahoory E-mail: ahmad.zahoory@gmail.com Check your settings against this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823440 "Ah...

switching identities in outlook express
since downloading service pack one, I can no longer switch identities the easy way...please help. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer...

Better performance: Vista w/4gb RAM or XP w/3GB RAM
I use Excel for operations and financial modeling; my spreadsheets are large and have many named ranges, lookups and array functions. I'm currently using a Pentium M 1.2 machine with XP and 2GB of RAM, and it's barely adequate for the work. So I'm getting ready to buy a Lenovo with a Core 2 Duo T7500, which will be a big improvement. I'm also planning on switching from XL 2003 to XL 2007 (for bigger worksheets). But would I be better off with XP (which maxes out at 3GB of RAM) or Vista (which can go to 4GB)? Anyone here know? Thanks I have an HP with a 6300 and Vista Home...

Excel 2003 Line Chart
Hi. I have a line chart no problem. Values as usual up the vertical axis and labels along the bottom horizontal axis. I would really like to switch these around and have my labels going up the vertical. Is this possible? You can't switch a line chart's orientation. However, you can fake it. Check out the Dot Plot (tutorial and utility): http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DotPlot.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "sot" <sot@discussions.microsof...

/3GB Dell Server
No matter what I do to the boot.ini file I always come up with the "set /3gb switch" when I run the Best PA Tool. I upgraded the Bios on the Dell 2850, rearranged the order of the userva=3030 switch all to no avail. What could I be doing wrong? Bj On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:26:49 GMT, "SBC" <sbc2000@nospam.msn.com> wrote: >No matter what I do to the boot.ini file I always come up with the "set /3gb >switch" when I run the Best PA Tool. I upgraded the Bios on the Dell 2850, >rearranged the order of the userva=3030 switch all to no avail. What ...

3GB MEMORY SWITCH
I have added the /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=3030 but still get the following error in event viewer Error 966 The memory settings for this server are not optimal fro Exchange.. Any Idea What version of Exchange? What version of Windows, Standard or Enterprise? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E22DADB7-9BF7-4936-A8DD-70E7EE80CABE@microsoft.com... >I have added the /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=3030 but still get the >following error in event viewer: ...

Switching identities in Outlook Express #2
I have a new computer and am trying to use my two email addresses separately, as I did on my old computer. Both are listed in Accounts under Tools, but when I try to switch from the first identity to the second, it acts like it is going to switch, but it doesn't! And all of my incoming email to both addresses comes to the first address. I use Earthlink (mindspring) and have talked to their tech people but they couldn't help. I hope someone can! Thank you! Susan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a new computer and am trying to use my two email >...

Switch Identities
We just switched from Outlook express to Microsoft Outlook XP. We had 3 people sitting a one terminal in where they could check there own e-mail by typing in their password and switching idenity. I can not seam to figure out if there is a way to do the same with Microsoft Outlook XP. Assuming all 3 users are using the same Windows login, just go to Control Panel, click the Mail icon, then the Profiles button. Set up separate profiles for each user, assign a password to each, and tell Outlook to prompt for a profile when starting. Close Outlook, restart the computer, and when you next...

Switching to a shared Calendar in a Public Folder changes the input locale?
Hello, We have the Outlook client installed in English everywhere but many users have keyboards with layouts for different languages. When some users go to certain public folders and open, e.g., a shared calendar, the language bar changes from EN to another layout. It's a soon as they click on the Calendar tree - they don't even have to open an item. Does the top-level folder take the layout of the creator? How can it be changed, and avoided in future please? Thanks, - Alan. ...

Command line switch to open file as read-only?
I have a batch script which I use to open a spreadsheet when I logon in the morning. When the batch file opens the spreadsheet, I get a requestor asking me if I want to open the file as 'Read Only'(Other people use the spreadsheet and have it open). I'd like to bypass that requestor entirely. Is there a command line switch that will open the file as read-only? Please reply to the group as my email addy is, of course, invalid... Thanks! Take a look at "startup switches" inside Excel's help. From there, you'll see you can add "/r" without the quotes t...