Zip codes that begin with 0

I am using Excel 2002 and I am trying to do a mail merge for address labels.
In my "zip code" column, I have a few that begin with 0.  I have formatted
the column as a "zip code" column, but when I do the merge, the first 0
drops off.

How do I get the first 0 to stay??

Thanks

--
Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

0
maisanoNO (1)
11/27/2003 1:24:59 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In Word, after you have inserted the Merge fields, press Alt+F9, to view
the field codes.

In the field code for the Zip Code, you can add a switch to format the
number. For example:
      { MERGEFIELD "Zip" \# "00000" }

Press Alt+F9 again to hide the field codes, then view the merged data.

Ray wrote:
> I am using Excel 2002 and I am trying to do a mail merge for address labels.
> In my "zip code" column, I have a few that begin with 0.  I have formatted
> the column as a "zip code" column, but when I do the merge, the first 0
> drops off.
>
> How do I get the first 0 to stay??

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/27/2003 1:28:48 AM
 Format numbers as "Zip Code" or "text"

Excel stores numbers as numeric data even if you later apply the text format
to cells that contain the numbers.

On the Format menu, click Cells, and then click the Number tab.
or Right-Click/Format/Number/Special/Zip Code
or Right-Click/Format/Number/Text

In the Category list, click Text, and then click OK.

Click each cell, press F2, and then press ENTER to reenter the data.
"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> In Word, after you have inserted the Merge fields, press Alt+F9, to view
> the field codes.
>
> In the field code for the Zip Code, you can add a switch to format the
> number. For example:
>       { MERGEFIELD "Zip" \# "00000" }
>
> Press Alt+F9 again to hide the field codes, then view the merged data.
>

> Ray wrote:
> > I am using Excel 2002 and I am trying to do a mail merge for address
labels.
> > In my "zip code" column, I have a few that begin with 0.  I have
formatted
> > the column as a "zip code" column, but when I do the merge, the first 0
> > drops off.
> >
> > How do I get the first 0 to stay??
>
> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

NoJun (1)

CRM 3.0 Redeployment tool
Hi everybody, We would like to redeploy our production crm 3.0 to development/test environment. Where can I find the instructions for doing that. I cant see it in the implementation guide and also I can not find redeployment tool for crm 3.0. Is it any different from redeploying 1.2?? Thanks in advance Isil Dear Isil, The redeployment tool is on the CRM 3.0 Server CD. Instructions are included aswell. -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Isil" <Isil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A3A4356-76F2-461...

color coding a stacked column graph
Hi. I'd really appreciate any kind of help. I'm trying to make a stacked column graph with this data: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th C2360a 8450 8000 2900 750 11800 9800 2900 20750 865 2928 5800 26950 HM HM Skulls Tires w/ Rims P&S HM Turnings HM Lime Dolag Borings Shred I am not too sure how to organize this data, for one, to properly do this. Anyhow, first, I made a stacked column graph (changing series in rows --> columns) with the first two rows of the data. The problem that I'm faced with is that, what I would like to do is change the color o...

Auto pastes old email beginning every new email
Outlook 2000 began inserting/pasting a copy of an e-mail I sent, earlier in the day, on the screen of every 'new' e- mail I begin. When clicking on the new mail icon, it opens to not a blank screen, but begins with a copy of this previously sent e-mail. Do I need to change a template, style??? Please advise. Regards Ghislaine ...

Zip code lookup
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E. Help! On 3/22/10 6:24 PM, pastortom@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county > name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E. Help! Assuming that you have table of county names and zip codes in sheet 2, then you simply need a hlookup formula in each cell of column E in...

Copy empty cells from one workbook to another
Hello, Sorry for posting 2 times. Date & time in my computer were not correctly set. In addition to what I've written before, here is the code I wrote: Sub Dataacquire() Workbooks.Open "data.xls" Worksheets("sheet1").Range("b1:d19").Copy _ ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("b1:d19") ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False End Sub My problem that empty cells are not copied as empty and because of this I get an error messages in other worksheets (like #VALUE). How Can I solve this problem ? Thank you David Cohen ...

Create DSN by programming code
hi all, I am a newbie in VC++. Any body know how to create DSN to connect to MS Access(mdb) file by programming code ? I don't want to set DSN from Control Panel (Data Sources (ODBC)) It is because I need to deploy my program to 50 Win2000 machines. Please help. Thank you very very much. alan Hello > hi all, > > I am a newbie in VC++. > Any body know how to create DSN to connect to MS Access(mdb) file by > programming code ? > > I don't want to set DSN from Control Panel (Data Sources (ODBC)) > > It is because I need to deploy my program to 50 Win2000 ...

Error Installing CRM 3.0 06-18-06
Hi, When installing CRM 3.0 laptop client, I get an error when installing MSDE service pack 4. The error says "Installation Failed" - "User Cancelled Installation" I have restarted the computer, closed all programs etc and still get the same message. It does not let me continue. Can I install MSDE service pack from another location besides the CD? Thanks in advance, Anthony Is it possible that other patches are missing? Have you tried the Microsoft Update Service? As opposed to Windows Update Service? Is this a rights issue? -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC...

help with coding
Hi All, I have been doing some search on this topic and require some coding help. I want to create a login form which checks for username, pwd and securitylevel and accordingly give access to certain queries , forms and reports. I do not want to use the Access user level security wizard and want to create a separate security module. I have come across this code posted by Klatuu which is probably the solution i am looking for. Public Function SetSecurityProp(UserInitials As String, SecurityLevel As Integer) As Boolean Dim prp As Property Const conPropNotFound As Integer = 3270 ...

Match 2 different zip code lists
I have a large 42,000 list of US zip codes which each row (42,000 rows) has a zip code column, a counties column and states column that I want to match to a smaller 4,000 zip code list- with a zip code column & dollar amount column. Or even, use all the Illinois zip codes matched to a smaller IL zip codes list- so I can match same zip codes and corresponding county? Now, they are set up on separate workbooks or worksheets. thanks. Will123 wrote: > I have a large 42,000 list of US zip codes which each row (42,000 rows) has a > zip code column, a counties column and states ...

Error in Code
Following is some VBS code I have in my Custom Form developed in Outlook 2003. Line 61 is giving me an error stating: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages' Line No: 61 If you look Line 51 is the same method and it works fine. The funny thing is when I run the code, I get the error, I continue on to the Form, and the code after it works. The code that follows line 61 is dependent on line 61 as evident by if I ' comment it out, I get a separate error asking for objPage2. The code also works if I change the value of one of...

Tender Type Scan Code
Hi everyone, What does the field Scan Code do when creating or editing a tender type? Does it allow me to select a tender type with a barcode scanner? Thanks in advance Rance Edwards Scan codes are used with programmable keyboards (ie PREH keyboards)...here's the help guide summary on scan codes pasted below: Scan code: The keyboard macro code used to directly advance to the tender type during a point-of-sale transaction (only if the keyboard has macro definition capabilities). For example, assume you have a programmable keyboard and want to program a code for the Cash tender type...

licensing-2.0
Regarding the Licensing of two- Right now I have 5 computers on my network - 2 registers and 3 back office- I have a license for 3 (I have MS POS running on 2, and the back three or running administrator- for ordering etc). When I switch to 2.0 will I be hard wired to 3 computers? That my back administration will only have one computer that can access admin etc? If so that is bad- Bring back the Dongel! Thanks Brent That is correct. RMS has some weaknesses, however they are being addressed over time. I have been in the cash register business for 35 years and have been selling...

Importing Campaign Responses (CRM 3.0)
Has anyone actually managed to import Campaign Repsonses using the method described in http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/marketing/emailcampresp.mspx ? I've tried all sorts of variations and numbers of fields, and according to Activities | Bulk Import, none of them successful (Although a couple of responses did appear in the actual Campaign Responses!). I always get the reason "Data in row did not match the import type", reason id "0x8004032d". Don't be shy to say you haven't managed to get it to work either, it seems to be a common unanswere...

Error after installing Great Plains 8.0
I have just installed Great Plains 8.0 on a new Windows 2003 server, with SQL 2000. I installed the test company and created two new companies. I have not yet imported or added any data to the system. When I go to Check Links/Financial and select the Transaction Work Logical Table I get the following error. A get/change operation on table 'GL_TRX_HDR_WORK' failed accessing SQL data. If I click on more info button it says number of results columns doesn't match table definition. Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to make sure that the system is stable and working...

error code 0x80040155
Would be glad if I could be assisted with this problem I have. Anytime I try to send mail using outlook, I get the error message that "interface unregistered" and it is the same when I try to use clip art in any of the office products. Also, I am not too sure about my outlook email account configuration. I am trying to use a web-based mail account for the set up. I could use a step-by-step process in configuring a web-based mail account using outlook. Thanks. Ekanson, you wrote on Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:16:31 -0800: > I get the error message that "interface unregister...

word 2007 how can I look at the html source code of my document
I am trying to look at the html source code of a word doc I saved in web page format. In 2003 I used to be able to look under view and source code. I am not finding the answer anywhere. I need to copy the html and paste into a myfamily website I subcribe to for the front page. Open the html page in a text editor such as notepad and copy it from there. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org &l...

VBA code to call first date of the year and last date of the year
I have a command button and 2 text field : On click event I need Text1 to get the first date of the current year (like 01-01-2010) and Text2 to get end date of the current year (like 31-12-2010) Please advice Regards Irshad On Apr 15, 11:41=A0am, Irshad Alam <IrshadA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a command button and 2 text field : > > On click event I need Text1 to get the first date of the current year (li= ke > 01-01-2010) and Text2 to get end date of the current year (like 31-12-201= 0) > > Please advice > > Regards...

CRM 3.0 Outlook Client and Connecting to EXSRV message
CRM installation is working great. I have a few client machines with the CRM Outlook client that seem to have an issue connecting to the exchange server after CRM client was installed. The users are plagued with notifications of retrieving data from exchange server. The clients have different Window versions and different office version all complying with install requirements. The only thing that I can find that they have in common is that their inboxes contain 10s of thousands of messages in their mailbox inbox. Could something to do with the CRM sync process have something to do with ...

how do I stop this appearing.......#DIV/0!
This appears in a cell when no information is in the `other` cells that it calulates from #div/0! is there a way so that if no info in the cells then the cell with the formula remains (or appears) blank. thanks =IF(A2="","",A1/A2) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Scudo" <me@nospam.fictional> wrote in message news:JoFxe.63521$Vo6.8237@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > This appears in a cell when no information is in the `other` cells that it > calulates from #div/0! is there a way so that if no info in the cells > then...

html color code
Why oh why is there not an option to paste in html color code number when changing colors on anything??? Only R,G,B. I find that unreal. And from what I'm told the new publisher doesn't do it either. I assume there is no work around for this correct? Thanks! Nancy Use a color picker. This utility is small and easy to use: Free too http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.php -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19978ECD-59B5-4ED9-8126-AA27CD4D4F38@microsoft.com... > Why oh why is there not an option t...

Code signing missing
My Excel 2K doesn't have code signing installed. I run the install, it whirs away for a couple of seconds, tells me it's finished, but no code signing. What am I missing? What should I look for? TIA Mike I didn't think it was supported before Excel 2002/XP MikeR wrote: > My Excel 2K doesn't have code signing installed. > I run the install, it whirs away for a couple of seconds, tells me it's > finished, but no code signing. What am I missing? What should I look for? > TIA > Mike It's om the install CD, and the cert selection stuff comes up in the V...

stopping zipped attachments
How can I stop Outlook 2002 from automatically zipping any jpeg photos I attach to e-mail? ...

How do I zip sort mailing list when I have 5 digit AND 9 digit zip
I have a mailing list with zips in XXXXX and XXXXX-XXXX all mixed in. When I sort them, it seems to put all the 5 digits on the top half and 9 digits on the bottom half. I have made sure the column settings are set to special/zipcode. I have also tried setting them as Zip Code + 4 but it converts all the XXXXX versions to 0000X-XXXX. What am I doing wrong? Convert to TEXT -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97AB96D9-EAE6-4E6F-8AA1-1DE4137EDA06@microsoft.c...

colour coded points depending on error amount
Hi i'm using excel 2007 (SP1) just wondering is there a way to automatically assign a different colour to points depending on the difference between the results on both axises? The data i'm using is a set of elevations from two different sources that show the error in an elevation model. I need to ideally make points that say have a differnce of <50cm from perfect corelation appear a differnt colour to those which are for example <25cm. can this be done? any help would be awesome! I've uploaded the file if anyone wants to take a look: http://www.filefactory.com/file/...

an album with 0 bytes information appeared and cannot be deleted
I have WMP11 on Vista Premium. As I list my albums per alphabetical order, somehow a new album was added after the Z letter, (under "other"). with no content, 0 bytes and worse, it cannot be deleted. How do I delete it? What exactly happens when you try to delete it? Does the album have a name, and are there any tracks with their album title set to that name? Resetting the media library should get rid of this ghost album. To do this, follow the instructions for WMP 11 on Vista at http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary Note that resetting the media library will make y...