Zeros to blanks in Office 2010

I am importing data into Excel from Crystal Reports and would like to
set my Excel defaults so that all zeros are set to blanks - I can do
this for one worksheet but since I am bringing in new data on a
regular basis into different workbooks - I have to do it each time. Is
there a way round this so that the default setting for all workbooks
is that a zero will be displayed as a blank?

Thanks
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try the following.
open the default excel template  (usually located on this location)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART\

Create a new workbook. Delete all but one of the worksheets by right clicking a tab and selecting Delete.

Change the settings to reflect the format you need.
Save and close the file. This should help.

Regards,
James

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft .NET DataBase Access For Beginners
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-topic-area/Microsoft-NET-DataBase-Access/1/SQL-Server-Oracle-DB2-Informix-Query-Samples.aspx
On Nov 16, 9:38=A0am, James PrabhatKiran <jamesprab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try the following.
> open the default excel template =A0(usually located on this location)
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART\
>
> Create a new workbook. Delete all but one of the worksheets by right clic=
king a tab and selecting Delete.

> Change the settings to reflect the format you need.
> Save and close the file. This should help.
>
> Regards,
> James
>
> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
> Microsoft .NET DataBase Access For Beginnershttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/tr=
aining-topic-area/Microsoft-NET-DataBase...
Thanks very much - will give it a go.

copy blank cells
How can I enter the same data as I type into sheet 1 to be appeared the same in sheet 2? Example : When I type <1><2><blank cell><3><0><-><A> in sheet 1, I want the same to be appeared in sheet 2. If I use 'equals(=)' to refer to the cells, the blank cell turns into 0 value. I want the blank cell in sheet 1 appear also as a blank cell in sheet 2. How can I do this? Try using =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1) for cell A1 on the 2nd sheet. Copy for the rest of the cells that you need to. HTH >-----Original Message--...

Compatibility of Office 2007 and Windows 7
Is Office 2007 Home and Student usable with Windows 7 "Im" <Im@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF5B0349-22A5-4795-9A99-438B4218C256@microsoft.com... > Is Office 2007 Home and Student usable with Windows 7 Yes, fully compatible. Ensure that you would uninstall any Office trial and it's activation assistant then reboot the computer prior to installing. Asked and answered. Please see your other post in this newsgroup -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" &qu...

cell formatting zero padding on binary no's
I'm struggling through doing some binary math on excel. Ugh. You'd think Excel is written by programmers, so they would see the value of having some programmer-friendly bitwise math and binary, octal and hex formatting stuff in there, if for no other reason than they could use it themselves. Anyway, that's my rant, here's my question I have some numbers in cells that I convert to binary C5: 55 DEC2BIN(C5) gives me 1010101 I'd really like to display that as 0101 0101 .... ie with a leading zero and a space between the nibbles. It appears that ce...

Office XP Service Pack 3 Install Failure
error code 0x8024002D Auto update informed me of an update downloaded - but failed to install, asking for a Office XP Business CD it required. I don't have Business Office software on my computer, so wondering why it's trying to update it. Also, even with install failure of this update, now my long standing excel spreadsheet files won't open; seem to be looking for this update..... Help? leal1928 wrote: > error code 0x8024002D > Auto update informed me of an update downloaded - but failed to > install, asking for a Office XP Business CD it required. I don'...

Why are blank tasks appearing after I baseline?
I am getting very weird results when trying to baseline my project. After baselining, I have blank tasks that are present --- and some of my original tasks are deleted. Can anyone answer what may be causing this, as I don't have a clue and my colleagues in the office have no answers. Also, I can't find the buffer tasks after baselining (...the feeding buffers or the project buffer. Very weird, the projected dates are displayed, but all of the buffer info is somewhere in limbo). I appreciate any suggestions you can offer. This is a very large project file, with...

Custom Zeros
Hi, i have a issue in excel 2003 VBA, how can i costumize the decimal places for a range of cells with the number format from other cell. For example : in Column A i have 1.21 ; 1.56 ; 1.789 ; 1.9899 ; 0.1 and in cell B1 i have the number 0.001 . So i want to format by a function Column A so the contents in cell appears like this : 1.210 ; 1.560 ; 1.789 ; 1.990 ; 0,100 . Can anyone help me with this ? Thank you , Cheers Try Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "B1" '<== change to suit On Err...

Leading Zeros SQL query
I need to add leading zeros to every item in our RMS database that uses UPCs. Is there an SQL query that could accomplish this? Thanks, Wesley Sanders Hi wesley , I tried this query and it update my itemlookupcode with leading zero where the barcode format is 9(UPCA) but please backup your data before running this query. and before running this ..try to ask for second opinion...I might miss some files that needed to be updated... SQL--> update item set itemlookupcode='0'+ rtrim(ltrim(itemlookupcode)) from item where barcodeformat=9 9=UPCA I hope it helps :) "wessan...

Sharing user data on home, office and Powerbook computers
I have Office X on several different computers and would like to keep all my user data the same on each of them. Is there an easy way to keep them all in sync? Most important to me is the info in Entourage (addresses, calandar and to do lists) but, it would be great to keep the documents in sync too. If anyone can help, I would surely be thankful. On 9/13/03 10:18 AM, in article d02bc51f.0309130918.3d036d7c@posting.google.com, "Clayton Townsend" <claytontownsend@earthlink.net> wrote: > I have Office X on several different computers and would like to keep > all my user d...

Creating zero's in front of number and after number
I need to create zero's in front of number and after number. For example if the value is 12500. I need to have it look like 000012500000. Please help! -- dyukon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dyukon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30062 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500660 Format>Cells>Number tab,Custom. In the Type box, enter: 000000000"000" Does the number of digits vary? Is it always 4 zeros in front and 3 at the end? Can it be a text...

Office 2007 pro installation
My newly installed Office 2007 Pro Plus seems to work fine after loading from one CD. So what is the second CD for, please? BCM - Outlook Business Contact Manager If you dont use it, dont install it "ernestbeevers" <ernestbeevers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F451A64D-4A64-4F84-B3C9-D3B094D740C2@microsoft.com... > My newly installed Office 2007 Pro Plus seems to work fine after loading > from > one CD. So what is the second CD for, please? ...

Deleting blank pages from Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have an Excel document in which I'm using 6 different worksheets. When I go to either preview the document, print it, or try to convert to a .PDF file I see that there are like 20 extra pages in the document, all of which are blank. How do I remove these blank pages? Select all the rows below/columns to the right of the valid data and delete them. If there is any content at the extremities (a random space, maybe) then when you print, Excel will print a heap of "blank" pages. On 5/12/09 8:4...

question about zeros
I'm working on a spreadsheet where I'm entering serial numbers... ever serial # starts with a zero.. I enter it and then when I move on to th next cell, the zero disappears and I can't for the life of me figur out how to make it stay there! Anyone help? Thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Brooks Pre-format the cell(s) as TEXT or start the entry with an apostrophe. i.e. '01234 These numbers will be entered as text which I assume y...

Excel column chart
We have a data range per month with 5 possible values. When there are non-zero results for all 5, the columns sit next to each other, which is fine. However I'd like the columns to sit next to each other for only the non-zero values, ie if there only two rows in my data range that have non-zero values, there should be two columns on my chart next to each other with no gaps between them. The range selection is as follows: "=Sheet1!$A$61:$BD$66". In short, I'd like the column chart to ignore the 0 values in the data range and not to plot them or leave a space for them. Hop...

leading zero problem
Hi, I have been given some call data from my telecomms provider in csv format. I have tried importing that into excel so I can then import into an access table but the format got messed up so I have converted the raw data file to txt. Problem with both when I import into excel is that in my CalledNo cell, I have a leading space in front of the phone number which is of the format 01234567890. I have tried using the data > text to columns tool but this deletes the 0 even tho I keep the cell format as text. I have also tried TRIM function however not all numbers are the same length. Thanks ...

Visio 2000 with Office XP
Can anyone tell me if Visio 2000 can be installed after Office XP, and will they work together? The Visio 2000 install wants to update some office files, which would indicate versions older than those installed with Office XP. Thanks! ...

The office assistant requires Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later.
Error message: The office assistant requires Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later. This product is available on the office system pack. Outlook 2002 ...

Labels leaving a blank line where addr2 is missing
Some of my addresses have 1 address line and some have 2. In order to include all of them in the same label, I'm getting a blank line when address 2 is missing. Why won't it float if there is a blank line? -- Brenda First, check that the Section that contains your Address fields is set to Grow and Shrink. To do this, click inside that section or on the grey bar just above it but ensure that you are not selecting any controls. In the Properties box next to Can Grow and Can Shrink (like Alice In Wonderland) click Yes. 2. Click in the left margin so that you are selecting all your tex...

Show zero values in specific area
I know it is possible to show zero values in a sheet by ticking "zero values" in options, but I have a situation where zero values should only be shown in certain areas of the sheet. I've tried setting formatting to text and this displays zero values entered, but it plays havoc with the data validation (Decimal greater than or equal to 0). Is there any way I can retain operation of the data validation, but still display zero values in a specific range? -- Ian -- The only way I can think of is to use the option "show zero values"; then in th...

Returning a zero
I have a formula that calculates hours and subtracts .5 hours for lunch. This is the formula: =SUM((C7*24)-(B7*24))-0.5 The problem is, if I don't have a time entered into the respective cells, the total hours always shows as -.5 I would like the total hours to show as zero until time is entered. Thanks! One way: =IF(COUNT(B7:C7)=2,(C7-B7)*24-0.5,0) Note that your SUM() function is superfluous. Another: =IF(COUNT(B7:C7)=2,MOD(C7-B7,1)*24-0.5,0)d which will take into account periods that span midnight. In article <1122392207.178086.176640@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com&...

Office 2000 with Outlook 2003
I've installed Outlook 2003 on machines that have Office 2000 already installed without any difficulties. Question is, does it work the other way around? I have a user that already has Outlook 2003 installed, but no Office... now he needs to have Office 2000. Has anyone done this? -Andy It should work although the other way around is better. You might need to do a repair on Outlook afterwards. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 "Andy Willia...

Microsoft Office 2010 Engineering
Microsoft is very pleased to announce that they have reached the release-to-manufacturing (RTM) milestone for Office 2010, SharePoint 2010, Visio 2010 and Project 2010. It will be available to us, special users, via its Volume Licensing Service Center from 27th April 2010. I suggest guys who can read can do so at this link: <http://blogs.technet.com/office2010/> Those who can't read or write have to wait until I get time to explain to them in simple English. hth ps: Peter Foldes <okf22@hotmail.com> is a convicted paedo using his sister to work for him a...

office 2008 installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Comes up with message: Install failed Unable to install The installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install what do I do? oh, and my macbook is completely new, I haven't installed anything except the software that's already in it in the box. bad disk bad drive Want more? Give details - try sentences. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 7/12/08 8:46 PM, in article 59b53ff0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "trouble@officeformac.com" <trouble@officef...

To Zero or not to Zero
This is more of a design question about how data should be stored in a table. While importing information from Excel, some records in the same field have zeros and others don't, meaning they are empty. All the fields in question are numeric. So I am looking at an update query to clean up the table and I have two choices. I can enter a null value if it equals zero or a zero value if it equals null. The zero value will make formulas easier, meaning the nz won't be needed, but the size of the table will increase (OK, maybe not that much). On the other hand, the fields are li...

K Office Threat
This is for the Mac BU, I was wondering if you guys see the open source port of KOffice to Mac OS X as a threat to Office for the mac and in turn you developing for the mac? In article <34c19b95.0402021151.69467890@posting.google.com>, buss0103@umn.edu (Paul) wrote: > This is for the Mac BU, I was wondering if you guys see the open > source port of KOffice to Mac OS X as a threat to Office for the mac > and in turn you developing for the mac? I don't know if you'll find that anyone from the MacBU will respond - since this is a peer-to-peer forum they usually don'...

Vista / Office 2007
Greetings Manisha, I noted your reply, about the availabilty of beta software for CRM to function on Windows Vista with Office 2007. Will this beta software be released to the pubilc for testing? We are currently doing testing on Vista and Office, and CRM is a "show stopper". -- Christo ...