you cannot save to this file format when the VBA project is protected

Urgent !!
How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
protect the VBA project coding for viewing ? This development is just like
creating a Template with many macros programming and you do not want the
users go into the project and modify your programs.
It can be done before, why in Excel Visual Basic version 6.3  when you
protect the project for viewing , you workbook can not be saved any more,
unless you unprotect your project coding ?
Your kind solution at this matter is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
jchan

jchan
7/16/2006 2:07:08 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This is not the way excel should work.  I can protect the project and save the
workbook as often as I like.

If you can't do this, then something is very wrong.

You may want to explain more what you try and what happens.

"jchan via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> Urgent !!
> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
> protect the VBA project coding for viewing ? This development is just like
> creating a Template with many macros programming and you do not want the
> users go into the project and modify your programs.
> It can be done before, why in Excel Visual Basic version 6.3  when you
> protect the project for viewing , you workbook can not be saved any more,
> unless you unprotect your project coding ?
> Your kind solution at this matter is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> jchan

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
7/16/2006 2:42:16 AM
jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
> Urgent !!
> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still abl
> protect the VBA project coding for viewing ? This development is jus
> like
> creating a Template with many macros programming and you do not wan
> the
> users go into the project and modify your programs.
> It can be done before, why in Excel Visual Basic version 6.3  when you
> protect the project for viewing , you workbook can not be saved an
> more,
> unless you unprotect your project coding ?
> Your kind solution at this matter is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> jchan

See if there is any information here that will help you.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826

--
Desert Piranh

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2893
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56180

Thanks for your quick response.
I do not recall what happen,may be I hit some button that even realized.  I
am a very experienced  in Macros coding and delivered a lot of this templates
to many users in  the global organization.
This is the first time that happen to me. Some other templates that I
developed do not have this happen.
Do you  knwo what is the  MicroSoft VBA help desk Email address that I can
send these issues to and ask for solution.
Again, thank you !
Jchan

Dave Peterson wrote:
>This is not the way excel should work.  I can protect the project and save the
>workbook as often as I like.
>
>If you can't do this, then something is very wrong.
>
>You may want to explain more what you try and what happens.
>
>> Urgent !!
>> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> Thanks,
>> jchan

jchan
7/16/2006 2:58:29 AM
Desert,
Thanks very much for your prompt attention.
Your suggestion is great.
I went to the vbaexpress.com and found the same issues and followed the
solution.
You know what, it works.
Again, thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge.
jchan

Below are the steps :

Hi all,
Thx Lucas for your comeback. No its not with all files.

I may have hit on the answer. DRJ mentioned it. I was up real late last night
going through everything looking for an ilregularity, as this is a very
important file.

I have excel set to default save as "Microsoft Excel Workbook(*.xls)". But i
went to try to save the file as a different name and i noticed it was going
to save as
"Microsoft Excel 97-2000 & 5.0/95 Workbook(*.xls)".

Even though they are both .xls they are different formats i think. I don't
know what the difference is, but i'm sure you guys know.

I saved as the first one, and have played with the file for a while, and at
this point it seems to be ok.

I have no idea how the file got saved as the second one.

My issue seems to be solved.

Thx to all for sharing your knowledge.

Desert Piranha wrote:
>jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
>> Urgent !!
>> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still abl
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>> --
>
>See if there is any information here that will help you.
>
>http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826
>
>--
>Desert Piranh

jchan
7/16/2006 4:10:53 AM
jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
> Desert,
> Thanks very much for your prompt attention.
> Your suggestion is great.
> I went to the vbaexpress.com and found the same issues and followed
> the
> solution.
> You know what, it works.
> Again, thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge.
> jchanHi jchan,

I'm very glad i was able to help. Hope things go well for you.

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561801

Desert,
Again, thank you and admire your devotion on sharing knowledge with others.
good nite, Hope things go well for you and your family.
jchan

Desert Piranha wrote:
>jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
>> Desert,
>> Thanks very much for your prompt attention.
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> Again, thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge.
>> jchanHi jchan,
>
>I'm very glad i was able to help. Hope things go well for you.

jchan
7/16/2006 4:33:16 AM
Dave,
I found the solution from vbaexpress.com
Thanks for your help!
jchan
Please read below :

Dave Peterson wrote:
>This is not the way excel should work.  I can protect the project and save the
>workbook as often as I like.
>
>If you can't do this, then something is very wrong.
>
>You may want to explain more what you try and what happens.
>
>> Urgent !!
>> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> Thanks,
>> jchan

jchan

Test file needed quickly
Does anyone know where I can get a very large testt excel file that has a running macro? What I need to do is to run several apps that will "drain" most of my resources. I need to test another app in how it will handle low resources. I was thinking someone might have a test file just for this reason. A large spreadsheet that has a macro doing some calculations, at the same time while other apps are running. Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. You realize if you fill a cell and then copy it to the rest of the sheet, it get really big, really fast? Dave wrote: > Doe...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

How do I Click a Command Button on another protected spreadsheet from mine?
I need to copy information from my spreadsheet to another 3rd party protected spreadsheet and Click a Command Button on it, and then the Start button when it appears. And then maybe enter info into a login screen if I'm not connected to the internet, because it goes to a Government site to return information into the spreadsheet. Is there any way of doing this? Thanks now for any help. ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

money file extraction: virus or worm
hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it started extracting a bunch of files. then that screen closed. now the program will not work. is there a worm or virus targeting people's MOney files? travis johnson lafayette, oregon In microsoft.public.money, travis johnson wrote: >hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of >starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it >started extracting a bunch of files. > >then that screen closed. > >now the program will not work. > >i...

Save and save as

Saving Images

How to assign work over the weekend in only 1 project
This is for Project Server 2007. Very simple escenario: 2 projects, 1 activity of 2 weeks duration each, 1 enterprise resource assigned to both projects, 1 enterprise base calendar on server. I want to assign the resource to work in project A during weekend without affecting scheduled work on Project B. I've tried this: 1) Change the enterprise base calendar => it changes both projects (duh! obvious) 2) Change the enterprise resource calendar => it changes both projects (duh! obvious) 3) Allow local base calendars, change local base calendar to make weekend wo...

Accessing Excel files over network
Hi Guys, First time here, so go easy on me. Scenario: Basic Windows 2000 Server based network with about 20 work stations connections. Server is a DC and workstations are all running Windows XP Pro. Workstations are also running Office XP. Users have deposited common files in a folder on the server. Because of control measures, these excel folders and files need to have permissions defined for either full control of read only access for certain members of the dept. Eg would be Folder Full Control Read-only Folder A Employee 1 Employee 10 ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

why I can't declaring a CArray object in a separate header file?
Hello I have no problem declaring a CArray variable inside a class definition but as I have a separate file that I place all my typedefs inside it, I have tried to define a struct that has a CArray member but compiler says: Error 1 error C2248: 'CObject::CObject' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CObject' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxtempl.h 272 this was my code inside TypeDefs.H typedef struct tag_compliance_info { LONG lModuleCode; LONG lModuleVersion; CString sModuleName; CArray<POINT> aCompliance; } STRUCT_COM...

Row Formatting #3
Hi All, How can I format a complete row or range automatically, depending on Cell value or comparison between 2 values at different cells. ? Conditional formating is doing this just for one cell only and depending on the value of this cell. Any solution. -- ********* IT Manager DeLaval Ltd. Cairo-Egypt ********* |-----------------------------| |Islam is peace not Terror| |-----------------------------| Hi conditional formating can do this as well: - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto Conditional Format dialog - enter the following formula =$A1>1 - choose your format This will for...

Save to unProtect a Document?

PST file import to windows mail
I have chage my PC and I cannot import the PST outlook file in to my new windows Mail so far A error message appaer when I try to import a outlook message. Is someone have an idea regarding this issue Thanks Philippe You need outlook installed and configured on the Vista PC before you can import There is a workaround, assuming the old pc with outlook on is still available. You export your mail to outlook express, then copy the outlook express msg store to the Vista PC, then Mail can import it. Or you download the Office trial, with outlook, connect your pst as default to outlook, ...

Save csv format to dbf format

Formatting text string
Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long text string from one cell (continued over may cell in that same row) to an area below consisting of several rows and cells. Note: I thought that in the pest I accomplish this by selecting the intended area and then formatting re Format / Justify Distributed. But now that box is grayed out. Is that formatting option no longer available? -- Paul Ops! I forgot to mention... We're running Excel 2002. -- Paul "Paul from B I" wrote: > Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long tex...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Export drawing to EMF file
Hello, How do I export a drawing to an EMF (or other image type) file using the ActiveX in VB6? I've tried the SaveAs and a file is created but it is empty. TIA Vic ...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...