XY Scatter Chart

I need some help with an XY Scatter chart. I need to add a data table
to the chart. Is there a way to do this? I routinely add the data
table to line and bar charts. In this case the data needs to be in the
xy scatter format.

Thanks

0
fwshaw (1)
10/25/2007 8:29:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Here is a works around, I will assume the data is in columns
Select the data and copy
Move to an unused part of the worksheet; used Edit | Paste Special, specify
Transpose
Put borders on the new 'table' and adjust the column width
Select the new table; with SHIFT help down use Edit; use the Copy as Picture
item
Move to your chart and copy the picture on the bottom of the chart.
Not great but all I can suggest!
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"fwshaw" <fwshaw@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I need some help with an XY Scatter chart. I need to add a data table
> to the chart. Is there a way to do this? I routinely add the data
> table to line and bar charts. In this case the data needs to be in the
> xy scatter format.
>
> Thanks

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Customising Gantt Chart
Dear all, I've been able to produce a Gantt chart, sort of like I want it to be by using this macro: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213447. However I need to do some tweaking: I want task 2 to start where task 1 ended, etc. Somehow I'm not able to figure it out Thnx! The Red Special Hi, In order to start task2 where task1 ends you need to sum the values in Task1. Assuming Task1 information is in cells B4:D4 then the start date of Task2 in cell B5 would be =B4+C4+D4 And for more information on gantt charts see, http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=3...

Upgraded to Office 2007, area chart messed up
I just upgraded to Office 2007, now my area charts need to be fixed. I have been using stacked area charts. Now 2007 has added a line from the origin to the last data value for each series and shades the areas for that series above and below the line. I simply want the shading to go from the X-axis up to the first series, and then from each series up to the next series. How can I fix the area chart? Thanks, Capt Cook ...

chart
how to create a new chart? Hi, highlight your information, Insert, chart, choose the one that you want to see, you can change it later if this helps please click yes, thanks "mona s ibrahim" wrote: > how to create a new chart? ...

Animated charts
Hello, I want to create a chart, which has a slider, and when the slider is constantly clicked the area under a curve from a chart starts progressively being coloured (filled) until it reaches the end of the curve and the end of the slider. How can create these types of charts. regards The example near the bottom of this page: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 shows how to use a slider to control which data is charted. Ignore that my example uses dates, and just set it up for whatever units your X-axis uses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel M...

Scatter chart with text labels as Y axis?
I have a series of worksheets, each representing tournament scores on a particular pinball machine. Each sheet looks like this: Player Score LoTR Me 3,000,000 Her 2,000,000 You 1,000,000 Player names in column A, scores in column B, and the name of that machine in cell C1. I want to create a scatter chart like this: LoTR | * * * | AFM | * ** | ST | * * * +--------------------------------------- 0 1 2 3 ...

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

XY
I once had a link to an XY program that could place descriptions automatically above each point. My computer has been upgraded and unfortunately I cannot find the link. Can anyone help me. Thanks Anne You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add labels. It's a free add-in that you can download from his web site: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Anne wrote: > I once had a link to an XY program that could place > descriptions automatically above each point. My computer > has been upgraded and unfortunately I cannot find the > link. Can anyone...

Update Chart Titles with Worksheet_Change Event
I have a chart sheet called ("Histogram")with an active X dropdown box which pulls in data from Sheet1. The Active X dropdown list sends a number to a named cell ("ChartNumber") on Sheet1 which is then used within 2 Index formulas to create an active range for my X and Y range to feed my chartsheet("Histogram"). I am trying to update my chart X axis title and my X axis format using a Worksheet_Change Event within Sheet1. I have four basic titles and formats which I have put inside a Case Statement. However I cannot seem to make it work. I want the Worksheet_C...

xy-chart
I have kind of xy-chart. Values on x and y varies a lot according to calculations so i would like to fit them to my chart area. But i would like to fit them so that x equals y, so the scale is 1:1. - fit x according its max value (enabling 'max value' in chart) - scale y so that 1:1 scale is achieved. (Here i can't use the 'max value' in chart, because 1:1 scale can't be achieved) What to do. Thank You in advance. Check Jon Peltier's webpage for instructions: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#SqrGrid GL, Henk "Jasoni" wrote: > I ...

Dynamic Charts
I have an array of DEM (Digital Elevation Map) data. Rows are Latitudes, Columns Longitudes. I have created a graph (Area) that plots the elevation across Longitudes (Column) for a given range of Latitude (Lines). Nice graph! I would like the plot to update automatically when I glide the cursor down the first column (Latitude), i.e. when I move the cursor down the range. Cursor movement would be by KBoard not mouse. Thanks, Pierre Pierre - I did this as a dynamic chart, with a worksheet event procedure to update the ranges when the activecell changed. I assumed the data was in a rectangu...

Updating Chart fails
Hello everybody, I have problems updating charts in Excel when using VisualBasic to calculate values. I calculate values with a self-written function "func". My sheet looks like this: x y 1 =func(a2) 2 =func(a3) 3 =func(a4) This function "func" depends on some variables that I set in a sheet. If I change on of this variables, I have to do a "Application.CalculateFullRebuild" to get "y"-values updated. All fine. But now I have a chart that plots this x-y data. This graph is not updated by "Application.CalculateFullRebuild". It only updates ...

Alternate axis at top of chart
i have a number of X-Y scatter plots where I need to have either only an alternate abscissa axis at top of chart or alternate ordinate on right and abscissa on top. I can easily do the alternate ordinate but can't find a way to do the alternate abscissa. How do I do it. the only option I see at moment is to redraw graphs in Visio and then add the axises. I prefer to use Excel XP but can use 07 if need be. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! What you need are secondary axes, and you need multiple series in order to get secondary axes. Right click one of the series, choose Forma...

org chart
As I move down the chart the print in the higher boxes shrinks. Any idea how I can stop this? If you are using XP or 2003 you can quickly fix the problem when the chart is complete. Select the top box. Choose Select|Branch from the Toolbar, set the Font size you want. Resizing the diagram might help, too tj ...

Incorporating Text Box in Excel Chart
I have a chart that has a text box at the top. Every time I change or move the chart the text box ends up out of place. Is there any way to "incorporate" text box with the chart so that it keeps its relative position as the chart changes or moves? Thanks in advance Al Try this: Click on the text box, hold the Shift button on the keyboard, click on the chart. You show be able to see that both the text box and the chart are selected. Then right click and select grouping and then group. This should do it. Click yes below if this works for you. "Al Charb...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

Excluding data from automatically refreshed charts
How do I exclude the last three rows of a graph that is automatically refreshed? Really, You can change the source data to not include the last three rows. A macro could do that. Or you could use Tools - Options - Chart - Visible cells only, and hide the rows . -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Reallydumb" <Reallydumb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:943F89DC-9B54-4F9C-AF91-337C84E77C04@microsoft.com... > How do I exclude the last three rows of a graph that is automatically > refreshed? In article <943F89DC-9B54-4F9C-AF91-337C84E77C04...

combination chart in Excel, apply to selection button
I am trying to create a combination chart in Excel - lines and bars. nothing complicated. however, "apply to selection" button in chart menu is disabled. how do I activate it? without it, I get the same chart type for all the data. would really appreciate if anyone can point a solution or, maybe, another way to create a combination chart. thank you, Gauhar What version of Excel are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com <nguyenlien@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186337121.878393.56870@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com....

Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
Hi, I've created a Scatter Chart in OWC11 in C# and the X axis must display dates instead of numbers, I do it using the code below: .... string x= "10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/6/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/7/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/8/2004 12:00:00 AM\t"; string y = 1\t2\t76\t67\t...."; objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData(OWC11.ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)OWC11.ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataLiteral, "Scatter Charts Series 1"); objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData (OWC11.ChartDimensi...

Can I create an Excel chart from non-contiguous data cells?
Using Excel Office 2003, I'm being asked to create charts from existing worksheets, often several within a workbook, using specific cells (total/average cells). The cells are not adjacent to one another, but they are identical from one worksheet to another. In my case, the cells are K15, K29, K42, W15, W29, and W42. I'd like a separate chart for each worksheet, and would like to have the chart automatically created once the data is in the worksheet. Is this possible? You can select discontiguous data by selecting one area, then holding CTRL while selecting additional areas....

xy scatter help
is ther a way to mirror a data series in a xy scatter char -- cchup ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cchupa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2434 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37943 what line do you want to mirror your data on. for example if you want to mirror on Y = 0 set au another data set =-Yrange and plot it with the same Xrange. "cchupa" wrote: > > is ther a way to mirror a data series in a xy scatter chart > > > -- > cchupa >...

how to create organazation chart
how to create organazation chart in powerpoint. I want to know the procedure and steps about it. Look here http://www.ehow.com/how_11856_create-chart-powerpoint.html -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Bishnu Prasad Yadav" <BishnuPrasadYadav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41045958-E9B7-414D-8BDD-5022E7BD7C07@microsoft.com... how to create organazation chart in powerpoint. I want to know the procedure and steps about it. ...

Dynamic Scatter Charts
I have scatter charts that will change as new data is added but I can't seem to get my macro that adds the data labels to work with defined names. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give me! You don't need a macro: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/14/dynamic-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Neweirs" <Neweirs@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

how to put x axis values in the chart instead of x axis labels
Hi, I have excel table like this: x y 0.7 3.25 1.76 2.23 17.8 2.76 Excel chart enables to me to put x series like labels (field Category(X) labels), but the chart is not correct because the width between 0.7 and 1.76 is the same like the width between 1.76 and 17.8. How to put x series like the values on the x chart? regards Sinclair Use XY chart type instead of a line chart. Mangesh "Sinclair" <Sinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:480D048F-F2C8-4609-84EF-7AAD0CF45A51@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have excel table like this:...

plot graph from multiple worksheet as embedded chart object on every worksheet
Hi i want to plot the graph for every worksheet (column B and column D). I have more than 50 worksheets in the same workbook. How do i write a macro to ask the excel to plot the graph for every sheet and present the chart object on the same sheet? thank you very much for your help! i have been working on this over 2 days still cannot figure it out... ...

Plotting a XY scatter plot without having an XY column