XP imcompatible with Excel 2007?

I noticed that if you compared Excel 2007 installed on Vista and Excel 2007
installed on XP, the font color of XP is lighter than Vista, besides, the
background color of the toolbar also sightly different.

This difference of font color in the excel content of two different OS is
obvious especially when the font size is small. Any solution?
0
Pony (3)
8/23/2007 1:42:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

Excel Macro's
In layman's terms, what is a macro? can you make them for just about anything? and how do you make one? (I get all the way to the part where you click on record macro, then I am dumbfounded). I am not that familiar with macros but I use them for like sorting information or refreshing all pivot tables and stuff like that but once you start recording a macro, it will record every single thing you do like if you copy and paste something it will copy your moves. To stop recording you go to tools, macro, and then stop recording. To use your macro you insert like a button from fo...

calendar object in excel. could be displayed clicking a cmdbutton
I need a calendar object that could be displayed on clicking a commandbutton or a shortcut. A friend sent an "frmCalendar" but it did not work on other PCs the error was "Could not load an object because it was not available on this machine." hi, (Robert ?) > I need a calendar object that could be displayed on clicking a commandbutton or a shortcut. > A friend sent an "frmCalendar" but it did not work on other PCs the error was > "Could not load an object because it was not available on this machine." AFIK a calendar object needs...

Import from scanned page into excel
I have been asked to take a printed document that contains a list o phone numbers, scan it, and import the list into excel. What is th easiest way to do this? Thanks, ena -- ena ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2865 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55745 I'd use my scanner and scan it to a Text file. Then use File|Open inside excel to import the data. But there are some scanners that come with software that should import directl...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

Scan on Document Imager Office 2007, preview shows, scan doesnt
When I attempt to scan a document in the Document Imager, my scanner shows up, I select it. I click on "preview" and the document can be seen, then, I click on scan....nothing shows up. Help ...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Opening Excel 2007 in Excel 2000
HELP! My new Windows 7 computer came with a trial version of Office 2007. I did not want to buy 2007. When I opened my old Excel files they opened in XL2007 and I was asked to input product key. I did not , but proceeded to update my spreadsheets and saved them as compatible with 97-2003 XL. Now the trial period is over and I cannot modify these files--only view or print. Any new data I download online open automatically in 2007 XL as do any existing spreadsheets I open. How do I get downloads or existing spreadsheets to open in the older version of XL which I have installed o...

Excel 97 crashes ?!?
Hi I'm working with Windows XP and Excel 97. When I enter the menu command "tools -> options" Excel crashes immediately. I tried to solve this problem with the following run-commands, but it fails: ....\EXCEL.EXE" /unregserver ....\EXCEL.EXE" /regserver Any ideas how to get this work? Tom It's possible that a settings entry in your registry has somehow gotten corrupted and it causes Excel a problem when it tries to read it. You can make Excel re-establish its default settings with this procedure: -Make sure Excel is closed. -From Start->Run enter &qu...

How do I tie a web Form to an excel database
Dear All, ...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

To-days date in Header or Footer
Hello, I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the body of a worksheet and wonder if there is a way to use it in the header or footer. Excuse my ignorance .. as you can see I am not a expert in Excel .. some help would be much appreciated. Abay Wed, 2 May 2007 19:18:12 -0700 from Abay <abcd@aol.com>: > Hello, > > I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a > spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the > body of a wo...

2008 Excel Print Preview
I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is specific to my install or it is hidden In article <ee8d6ae.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, done@officeformac.com wrote: > I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is > specific to my install or it is hidden Neither. Since all actual print operations are done via the OS, the separate Print Preview function has been removed from XL08. You can generally use Print Layout view to get an good idea of what the printed page will look. Otherwise, choosing File/Print and clic...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Excel 2003 Spreadsheet Issues
If I open my Excel 2003 spreadsheet the bottom half of the sheet has all solid black lines in each row and I can not see the type. I can put the check marks in boxi, but nothing else. If I print it, it prints with the black lines. If I send it to another user, they can open it up just fine. If I use Excel 2007 it shows a Security Warning about active content has been disable. If I select Options.... To Enable this content. It shows my text that was blocked out..... But everyone else is on Excel 2003 I need to fix it there. Please help!!! Bob Viancourt Bob, Do other workbooks b...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out folders. Yousuf Khan "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4001f8$1@news.bnb-lp.com... > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think > I've done anything different between the two machines when shar...

Excel program tries to install when opening the file
When trying to open an excel document from explorer, a dialogue box appears for installing excel from the Microsoft Small Business disk. However, if you open an excel file from within the application, the document is brought up. In other words, if I open excel and then request the appropriate file, the document can be retrieved. If I try to open the file directly from explorer, it asks me to load the installation disk. Hi maybe the following helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265194 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rockin4k" <Rock...

To Get PC's Information And Send To Excel
Hello all, I would like to have a script to collect all information about some window xp PC's. I need this script to call from a list I have in a text file. I need the Version, SN, Manufacturer, Model and System Type. Can anyone help me? "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88883F79-E3B7-4D60-9C7B-0BDC75E83DBB@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I would like to have a script to collect all information about some window > xp PC's. I need this script to call from a list I have in a text file. I > need > the Ve...

Power Point 2007
Have Office 2000 - which doesn't have PPS - I have downloaded the viewer - and when I receive an email with PPS - I cannot open - have to save to desktop and have no problem opening once it has been saved - My question is - is there anyway that I can add the viewer to the "open with" - because when I click on the item - cannot locate and takes me to website - Thanks for any help "Ginnie" <Ginnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CA225F4-56CE-48FF-A2DE-767C2C674E28@microsoft.com... > Have Office 2000 - which doesn't have PPS ...

how do i display excel results in vb.net textbox
i have am working on a program for a restaurant . the user selects th items the customer wants and i need to display these items and a tota for them. for example, they order a drink for $1.59, entree for $12.00 an dessert for $4.00. i want to display a bill for the customer. is excel the best do this? if so, how can i get the result from excel into my vb project -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...