XML error "Some Data Was Imported As Text"

Daily, I recieve a 3rd party XML file that I parse in Excel (using an excel
macro) and then import into an Access database.  Infrequently, the data will
import into Excel, then parse and then the routine stops with the error
message above. I look through the raw XML file and everything appears to be
within the brackets, etc.

Can someone give me some clarification to the meaning of the error message?

Thanks in advance and Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays!

0
Marysue1 (9)
12/22/2005 9:55:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The error message might be generated within your macro - as it is
parsing the data it might detect that some field which should be
numeric will be interpreted by Excel as text, and it stops to warn you
of this. Examine the last completed field in the Excel worksheet to see
if this is the cause, and then relate it to the XML file.

Hope this helps.

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)

XML error "Some Data Was Imported As Text"
Daily, I recieve a 3rd party XML file that I parse in Excel (using an excel macro) and then import into an Access database. Infrequently, the data will import into Excel, then parse and then the routine stops with the error message above. I look through the raw XML file and everything appears to be within the brackets, etc. Can someone give me some clarification to the meaning of the error message? Thanks in advance and Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays! The error message might be generated within your macro - as it is parsing the data it might detect that some field which should be ...