xml data in excel

I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for
user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is
that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use
it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest
me how to do that??

Million thanks.

0
ericyum1 (1)
1/9/2007 2:02:06 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Writing data from excel to sql-server
I would like to write the values of A1 and B1 to a SQL-Server table every 10 seconds. How can I do this ? Best regards Svein Olav Steinmo There's only two ways I know of to do this. 1.) You have to create a link to the EXCEL sheet in question using MS SQL Enterprise Manager. Then create a scheduled job to run an SQL statement to update the SQL table. Note: Changes to the EXCEL file will update automatically through SQL link. 2.) Create an Access DB with links to the respective tables and worksheets. Create a PASS THROUGH query that updates the SQL table using the EXCEL data...

Consolidation of data
Help. I am a bit lost. I have a hugh list of customer's from two different databases. The client numbers will be the same, but the rating will differ. I want to compare the two and find out what are the conflicts. Please see example: A B C WEXFORD AUTOMOTIVIE 9514111 B WEXFORD AUTOMOTIVIE 9514111 B+ WILSHIRE HAIRCARE 9512211 C WILSHIRE HAIRCARE 9512211 C- What I want is for it to use the client numbers (B) as the main reference point and then compare column C, if there is a conflict between the data, I want it to kick the client number to a seperat...

XML Header

Recover lost excel tabs/spreadsheets from workbook
Have an excel workbook with multiple spreadsheets. For reasons unknown all the tabs have disappeared from the workbook except for one. I know they are still in the workbook, however, because the document size has not changed. Somehow, the tabs containing the balance of my spreadsheets in this workbook are just not displayed. How can these lost tabs be recovered? First, can you see any of the worksheet tabs? If yes, are you sure you haven't scrolled too far in one direction to see the others? Maybe using the VCR/DVR controls to the left of the sheettabs will allow y...

Importing external data in plain text row format
I have data in the following format: -------------------Begin Sample Data---------------------- Fernando E. Amuchastegui Office of the County Attorney 115 S. Andrews Avenue Suite 423 Fort Lauderdale 33301 954-357-7600 Voice 954-357-7641 Fax famuchastegui@broward.org Ronald J. Anania Law Offices of Ronald J. Anania 10910 S W 10th Court Davie 33324 954-476-9616 Voice 954-476-9693 Fax law1492aol.com Eric J. Anders Haley Sinagra Paul & Toland, P.A. 100 SE 3 Avenue Suite 1900 Fort Lauderdale 33394 954-467-1300 Voice 954-467-1372 Fax eanders@hsptlaw.com Hal B. Anderson Billing Cochran H...

Synchronizing and data evaluation
Hi, One of our customers found a possible & serious logical problem that might result banning the offline -functionalities from users. When users sync data from offline db to online database the data gets evaluated and the most fresh data by timestamp wins. Any data inputted online will use timestamp value from 'on save' -events 'modified on' -field for possible future evaluation. Problem is that data typed offline will get the evaluation timestamp from "Synced On" rather than "Modified On". Example: User 1 modified account "XYZ" yesterday ...

Newbie Questions
This must be incredibly easy, but I've poked around in most of the chart options I can find and haven't been able to see it. I have a sheet that looks something like: 6/11/05 6/12/05 6/13/05 ... Inventory Totals A 419 431 432 ... B 145 145 144 ... I'm charting only the values in the A row, 419, 434, etc. An appropriate range is shown on the Y axis. I have the X axis formatted as dates, but I get the dates 1/1, 1/2, etc. How do I tie the X axis labels to the dates in my data? Another question: This data will grow indefini...

how to compare two excel files
i would like to know how to compare two excel files. is there any tool for that? in addtion is there any way to maintain several versions of the same file with easy way to have diff between them? thanks, -- Miri Tz. Hi Miri, There are a number of programs out in the market that provide more complex comparision. Otherwise you could simply make a new sheet and copy the following formula into A1: =if('[book1.xls]sheet1'!a1='[book2.xls]sheet1'!a1,"","<<<") anotherway to do it is to run the following you need to set up the workbook and workshee...

Problem opening excel 97
When I open Excel 97 I receive an error. Microsoft Visual Basic- Permission to use object denied. I have tried re- registering excel with no luck. Any other ideas? Thank you Chip Pearson has a WebPage that offers a variety of suggestions. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >W...

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

show XML schema and values

Company Data Archive
I am looking at the product company data archive from Professional Advantage and wanted to see if anyone here has used the application and give me their feedback on it. Thank you ...

Moving a line chart data point revises data table value in Excel '
I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create a line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to "smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the corresponding new plotted point. I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate it. Any power users know how? Thanks! Ed Ed, Microsoft decided that users didn't need that feature. More than likely, they were tired of support calls asking why the values changed when one dragged a data point...... No really, they took i...

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

how to preserve formatting from Access 03 to Excel 03
Has anyone been having issues with exporting a report from Access to Excel, and the data format changing? If so, and you have fixed the issue, please let me know. Thank you ...

Offline synch using XML web-services

data lable don't appear in chart bars appear without lable
I have created six panel charts work fine but charts in panel don't lables for bars, value do appears. ...

How do I set up a formula to insert text in excel?
Hi, I have a questionnaire that is administered on an excel sheet with respondents typing their answers (i.e 1,2,3) into specific cells. Is there any way that I can create a formula (or something??) that inserts response relevant text into another sheet in the workbook, to create a report? Many Thanks, Nikki Nikki You can use formulas for this type of thing if you want this done only once. But if this is a repeating task I would suggest an event macro. If you want to use an event macro you will have to decide when you want this copying to take place. IOW, what event do you want t...

Pivot Table: deleted source data
Is it a common practice to delete the source data for a Pivot Table? Why do the Pivot Table maintain the data after the source is deleted? I was trying to reverse engineer a Pivot Table that was created in 2009. I kept seeing the source as a Summary sheet but it was not listed in the spreadsheet. I thought it was hidden and it was not.. So I experimented a little and created a Pivot and deleted the source and the data stayed in place but kept displaying the source that did not exist. Thanks, Ty On Jul 19, 12:20=A0pm, Ty <tyrone_...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is it a common practice to d...

Threads which just read data
Hi, I have many threads in my program. I would like to know if it is safe to allow the threads access to a variable to just read its contents, without having a synchronizing object ? Could there be problems like memory corruption etc if I allow it ? I don't see any reason why it will be unsafe to allow threads to just read contents, without having a synchronizing object. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks, -Venkatesan On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:03:19 +0530, "Vengidi" <vengidi@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > I have many threads in my program. I would like to know i...

protection on excel
I have created a form using excel where the users enter a numeric data and using formula to calculate the data. I wanted to post the excel online for the user to use it, but i don't want the user to change any contains on the forms except the input field. In other word, I don't want the user be able to change the formule structurre. Is there a way to do this on excel? Thanks in advances Loc Hi - first select the cells for which you want to allow entries - goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked' - now goto 'tools - Protection' and protec...

String to xml document

Random data corruption
Subject: Re: Randowm data corruption Money 2002 From: "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 9/21/2004 8:51:59 AM I just did what you proposed but the data is still corrupted (no changes). What else can I do? I had a computer repair person here all afternoon running virus scans and there is no virus in my CPU.. >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >wrote: > >>I use Money 2002 Deluxe & Business to manage 6 business >>bank accounts...