XLS To CSV Error

Hello,

I am having trouble with this excel file. I am converting it to a cvs file
for an import. The problem is that item numbers 760-762 import fine, but
764-767 are skipped on the import. It shows all items in the csv file, but I
must be missing so formatting on the xls file that is corrupting the csv
file? I attached a link to the file, so if anyone can see the error, I would
appreciate if you could let me know the error?

http://65.18.128.108/2.2/excelfile.xls

Thanks JR

0
jr9178 (1)
12/24/2005 4:29:09 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

The formatting on columns C and D change on the line where your import
finishes. Maybe that is the problem?

Andy.

"JR" <jr@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble with this excel file. I am converting it to a cvs file
> for an import. The problem is that item numbers 760-762 import fine, but
> 764-767 are skipped on the import. It shows all items in the csv file, but
> must be missing so formatting on the xls file that is corrupting the csv
> file? I attached a link to the file, so if anyone can see the error, I
> would
> appreciate if you could let me know the error?
>
> http://65.18.128.108/2.2/excelfile.xls
>
> Thanks JR

0
Andy

Error Opening unposted sales from collection main
When one of our sales classes are trying to open unposted sales from collection main, they are receiving a unhandled form exception, EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING. I believe this is a security issue but any i cannot figure out what they do not have permission for. The window is not modified and does work fine for other user classes. Any Ideas We experience similar problem with fresh GP 8.0 installation. Here is the message that we get: Unhandled form exception: Cannot open form. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_OPEN Problem occurs every time we open any Sa...

Error Message #22
Hi. While using Outlook 2002 and try to send or receive a message I get the following error message: The file c:\windows\default.pst could not be accessed. Access denied. How can I fix that. Thanks. Does that file exist and is it writeable (not marked read-only)? "angel.rivera1@us.army.mil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297601c3a976$5609e530$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi. While using Outlook 2002 and try to send or receive a > message I get the following error message: > > The file c:\windows\default.pst could not be accessed. > Acc...

CSV VERS DBF
Bonjour Il y a t il un moyen d'exporter du csv ou txt vers du dbf Excel 2007 n'exporte plus en db merci OpenOffice, peut-etre? "PST" <pgjignorez@wanadoo.fr> schreef in bericht news:490a5ddf$0$888$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Bonjour > > Il y a t il un moyen d'exporter du csv ou txt vers du dbf > > Excel 2007 n'exporte plus en db > > merci ...

options error
Using XP Home - get ""Cannot access directory d:\My Documents" whenever I click on any tab in the Options dialogue box. So I cant change tanything including the default location of files. Also get an error message when Excel tries to autosave. I have removed and reinstalled Office, have installed SP1, started Excel from "Run"using "/safe" - but same happens. Have searched knowledgebase and found no hits for the Options issue, but found 1 for autosave - solution suggested is SP1. have seen 2 similar postings somewhere in this community which is wher I ...

Save as csv with text in quotes
I am having dificulty finding a way of saving a file in the format I need for another application. I have a file which has a number of fields enclosed in quotes and seperated by commas. Some of these fields are text and some numeric though treated as text, eg phone numbers. I can open the file with Excel, make changes I need to but when it comes to saving I cannot figure out how to get the same format again. It has to be comma seperated with each field in quotes and carriage return at the end of a record. Thanks for any help. ChrisK Hi Chris, Are you saying you start with a file that can ...

xls extension
when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I stop this happening? Hi If you go to Windows Explorer and on the Tools menu, choose Folder Options and then click the View Tab. Scroll down until you find the check box that says 'Hide file extensions for know file types. If you click this box to check it on, your .xls should be hidden. You will probably have to close Excel and restart it and then it should work. Hope this helps Ann >-----Original Message----- >when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I >stop...

Error while compiling vc2005 application in vc2008
Dear Friends, The application was working fine when i complied in vc2005 on Xp.When i tried to compile the same application in vc2008 on vista .i am getting follwing errors listed below.Please help me out Error 2 error C2065: '_JBLEN' : undeclared identifier c:\users\root\desktop\header file\include \stdlib.h 1040 Error 3 error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'ContextRecord' c:\users\root\desktop\header file \include\winnt.h 3019 Error 4 error C4430: missing type specifier - int...

Excel Startup Error
Box was all ready unchecked. Tried checking it / saving, then uncheck save to make sure -- still have same issue. Thanks -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26994 a couple of other things 1) Do you have an overactive virus scanner? (It will normally say virus scanning on the status bar) 2) Do you have journalling set up in Outlook? 3) Try renaming a file called Excel.xlb (Maybe hid...

Outlook WAB Error
When I try to open Outlook 2000 I get an "OLE registration Error occurred. Run setup again" I have re-installed and continue to get the sam error message. I think my "Windows Address Book" was deleted and cannot figure out where this and the .wab file should be located. Any help is greatly appreciated JW Outlook does not use the WAB unless you are using "Internet Mail Only" mode. If that's the case, then you'll need to reinstall Outlook Express (not Outlook) after renaming any WAB32.DLL files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JW" <...

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

Error Code :0x80040605
Outlook asked me to upgrade the Connector when i choose to repair, nothing happened except that my email account could not sign in and when i choose remove the outlook connector automatically removed. Troubleshooting Outlook Hotmail Connector - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#hm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Installation error
Hi there, Does any have experianced problem with instaling service pack 4 on win200 prof. When I tried to install it I got a message outlook express\wabmig.exe is open or in use by another application. I can resoved this problem We are running ehchange server 5.5 for only internal emails and server NT4. Please help ! ...

xls attachment became dat
Hi all. Recently i received an email that was send to me and my colleague. The attachment is of xls but when i received it, it was in the form of dat. My colleague received it as xls. Is there anything wrong with my outlook? Are you using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express? These two are very different programs where one can handle Rich Text messages (Microsoft Outlook) while the other cannot. The common message formats between Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express is Plain Text and/or HTML. Therefore I would double check with the sender to verify that they sent the message in Pla...

Error 0x8000FFFF
Hi there We've been using CRM 1.2 for some time. Today I stupidly(?) endeavoured to install a Brother BR-Webadmin printer management system on our secondary server (which runs CRM and nothing else). Later in the day our CRM users complained that they couldn't access the CRM homepage, but Sales for Outlook is working fine. Currently when you access the CRM server it reports http://servername/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=0x8000FFFF SQL is not installed on this server and the security service is running. I am wondering if the Brother installation has interfered somehow ...

Journal Upload Error
Hi, After doing a Stock take at the end of january, the Jounal, Batches and transactions are not uploaded into HQ anymore. I tried to run the Journal Upload worksheet and it didn't work. I used a script provided by the Knowledge base to delete a latest batch and it didn't work. I want the transaction synchronisation back. How can I do this? I'm a Senior Developper and confortable with SQL Server. Cheers Are 401 worksheets running for the store? Is HQ Client connected to the correct database? -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibe...

syntax error when sending
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I get an error when sending to groups (that have worked fine before) or multiple addresses. The latest error said: 4.1.8 - Domain of recipient does not resolve [R0309001]. Other times it says: 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error. <br> I have double checked the addresses and all look fine. I am on roadrunner (Time Warner). When I called them they said my Entourage must be corrupted and I should re-install. Before I do that, however, any clues? <br> I am able to send non-group stuff just fine. &...

controling a .xls from another .xls
does anyone know if it is possible to control one excell file from another. i.e lets say there are two files: a.xls & b.xls in "a.xls" cell A1 we input the number "100", is it possible for this number to automatically be populated in to cell A1 of "b.xls"??? if so how??? thanks guys -- on-a-mission ------------------------------------------------------------------------ on-a-mission's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513234 In cell A...

error 0x80040900 in outlook retrieving mail
Hi error 0x80040900 Seen the replys in some forums and i am having the same problem. As i have a third party email in my outlook Ntl broadband wont look at it. This all started happening two days ago and is driving me nuts. Nothing has changed or be installed on my PC. The folling is the exact message i get when trying to send and receive emails: Task 'mail.nsia.co.uk - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.' ...

Saving .xls without macro
Hello, I did a search for this issue, but I can't find anything related t it. This is my issue: I have an .xlt which contains macro, at the end of the macro I save th resulting sheets as .xls. The resulting sheets are saved with origina macro. I wonder is there a way that I could save the file without th macro. I am using this code to save my file as .xls. File_Save_Name = Sheets("Menu").Range("D6").Value & Format _(Now "mmddyy") & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=File_Save_Name, FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="",...

I'm getting files saved with names like 48A52100 with no .xls f.
I'm getting spreadsheets saved on our network with an 8-character string as the filename and no .xls file extension. Using the "Open with . . ." option they successfully open with Excel. Does anyone know why this is happening? -- Iain N Black Kelton - These are temp files created when Excel saves a workbook. Normally they are deleted when the save is complete. This might fall under the funny behaviors that occur when working with files on a network. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

Parsing an XML file, ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. HELP!
I'm getting the above error thrown somewhere in the code: XPathDocument xPathDocument = new XPathDocument(FileLocation); XPathNavigator xPathNavigator = xPathDocument.CreateNavigator(); XPathNodeIterator nodeIterator = xPathNavigator.Select("/plist/dict"); nodeIterator.MoveNext(); nodeIterator = nodeIterator.Current.SelectChildren(XPathNodeType.All); where FileLocation contains the full path of a local XML file. Why is this trying to access the file via the proxy ? What can I do to fix this ? JezB wrote: > I'm getting the above error thrown somewhere in the code:...

launching xls in web browser
I am trying to launch two instances of the same xls file from a browser. The first one launches successfully in a new browser window. The second one also launches successfully. However, the first browser window becomes blank after the second report launches. When I close the first browser window the second window becomes blank as well. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

importing .xls chart info to .xls calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I take the information in an .xls file and import it to a blank .xls calendar? ...

CSV Import
I need to import our customer records from our previous CRM. It looks like I can do this using the Import function inder tools. Can you confirm if I would use the schema name or guid as the collumn headers? -- Thanks! Marlene Lopez Axeus Inc mlopez@axeus.com Marlene, If you're importing try a test file of 10 records first to make sure your format works. It's very picky about data. You can use whatever field names you want if you use the same field names as in CRM it will kind of match them up for you in the mapping process. Hope that help. Calvin Luttrell How e-commerce is ...

ADO Field is Nothing error
Running ANY integration on version 10 (have SP 4 installed in Dynamics AND integration manager) yields this error for EVERY user except me (I am an administrator on our domain). There are no symbols or weird charcters. These worked fine a couple months ago, but now no one can run any. These are not even sql optimized eConnect one. They are basic standard integrations. Are you using a shared Integration Manager database or does each user have their own. If the latter, then users may not be seeing the file you are seeing in the location you are seeing it. Best regards, --...