xl2007 ribbon editbox update

hi

I'm trying to customize the ribbon, in order to include my macros
already joined in an addin-workbook.

My problem is the following: how can I imitate the behaviour of the
editbox of the fontformat found in the built-in Home tab. I mean the
feature that the value in it updates when changing between worksheets.

I'm familiar with the customUI basics (customUI.xml, onAction
callback, etc.), I just haven't found a solution.

Thank you in anticipation
istvan
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

IMF update
When is the next update to the IMF going to be out? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator In Exchange 2003 SP2. ------------------------ Chris Williams Sirana Software www.sirana.com "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:eZFjo9L$EHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When is the next update to the IMF going to be out? > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Administrator > Last I heard, Chris, there was supposed to be a pattern update for IMF in 05Q1. Of course nothing's real until it exists, so it could be as late as SP2. Let's hope not. :) "...

Failed Windows Update
All attempts to update Windows XP are failing. Error message 0x8007F0DA . Last successful update was KB890830, but KB972270 on same date failed. -- msimona ------------------------------------------------------------------------ msimona's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/179367.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1297491.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Not Updating
This statement is not updating. Can you not update a criteria field? Could that be it? Thanks DS Dim RVDSQL As String RVDSQL = "UPDATE tblVoidDetails SET tblVoidDetails.CDVoidReason = Forms!frmFXVoidItemReason!TxtReasonID " & _ "WHERE tblVoidDetails.CDCheckID = Forms!frmFXVoidItem!TxtSalesID " & _ "AND tblVoidDetails.CDVoidReason = 0;" DoCmd.RunSQL (RVDSQL) "DS" wrote: > This statement is not updating. Can you not update a criteria field? > Could that be it? > Thanks > DS > > Dim RVDSQL As String > RVDSQL = "U...

Can you create charts for non-adjacent columns of data in XL2007?
I've recently installed Office 2007, and am rather unimpressed that it's considerably worse than 2000/XP/2003, all of which I have happily been creating charts from for years. Previously you could select any data you wanted by holding down control and selecting the cells, then create charts using those cells. However, in 2007, it seems that you can't select non-adjacent cells. This is a real problem for me as I'm constantly manipulating data and placing it in nearby cells, then selecting the columns I want and creating the required chart. For example: I have 3 columns o...

Outlook (Office) 2007 Updates
I have never installed an Outlook update. When I go to the list, there are so many! Is there a single one with everything? J "J" <J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A73216C-8F2B-4190-A4CA-EE37822DEEEE@microsoft.com... >I have never installed an Outlook update. When I go to the list, there are so > many! Is there a single one with everything? No, there's no single one. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Windows Update error 80070643
http://up.f7up.com/uploads/images/f7up-5ef7e0958b.png Open this link to see the image problem Hello Hussein, When requesting help in a newsgroup or a forum, please state your full Windows version, edition, and service pack level, IE version? and perhaps what other antivirus Security suite and firewall or antimalware software you may have installed. Please do so next time in your next reply. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> -=- Windows Update error 80070643 <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/e5304fc1-9264-4d97-9c35-3c3ad167e1701...

countin and updating numbric and text
I need to update a number cell from a text filed. Cell a3 represent the total years of participation. Cellsb3,d3,e3 ECT represent the current year of activity by a “y”. I am trying to update the number in a3 – 5- to 6 or 7 or 8 based on whether or not there is a “y” in b3,d3,e3 ECT. Example a3=5 B3- blank C3 = “y” would update a3 to 6 D3 blank E3 = “y” would update b3 to7 I have tried a number of count and countif and countifs and always receive the value error because of the “y” Can anyone help? Thanks Dick Try: =COUNTIF(B3:Z3,"y") Tom "Anvil22&q...

Money Updates
I wrote Microsoft this evening: I wrote earlier to day and I am now convinced that there was something in an internet update that has caused my Money 2004 to stop functioning properly (based on the forum I am not alone) I uninstalled Money 2004, and reinstalled Money 2003. I also changed my computer clock to read February 22 as I noticed that I was getting a pop up message telling me that online capabilities would expire February 23. (What is the significance of that?). I clicked the upgrade and it took me to a web site inviting me to upgrade to Windows 2003 Deluxe. What I find stran...

Available updates
Windows Update shows that I have available updates but when I click to vew the updates, the updates are not listed. Just showing for example that there are 4 important and 3 optional updates but I'm not able to vew them and choose which ones I want to install. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance! "ARIS" <ARIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5405791E-440B-46AE-BDBE-161DB0B2C453@microsoft.com... > Windows Update shows that I have available updates but when I click to vew > the updates, the updates are not listed. Just showin...

2007 updates to msn portfolio
I have it update but it only updates my cash accounts (and they have generic name - not what I named them in money) not my invetment accounts that show stocks etc. In microsoft.public.money, Michael wrote: >I have it update but it only updates my cash accounts (and they have generic >name - not what I named them in money) not my invetment accounts that show >stocks etc. Interaction between MSN Money (MoneyCentral) and Microsoft Money 2007 is less than in earlier versions. If you want your investment account activity to update in MSN Money (MoneyCentral), you will separately ha...

Update from previous versions to GP 10.0
Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make decisions. Put service pack 5 on version 8, then update from there to 10.0 Make sure you also immediately use sp1 for Version 10 Mike "arielqs" <arielqs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12AD9FCB-84AD-45CF-898C-A943DB8216F4@microsoft.com... > Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and > then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? > > Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make dec...

XL2007 on XP hangs/crashes when date cells are selected
Hi there Since 2-3 weeks I'm having a very annoying problem with XL2007 on XP. It keeps hanging (the app stops responding) when I select certain cells in certain documents. I tried switching off all macros, all formulas, error-control, all add-ins, but to no avail. I re-installed Office, but it didn't solve anything. I realized today that it occurs all the time I try to select a cell containing a date (formatted as date). Did someone encounter the same problem? Do you have an idea what might be wrong? I'm not a Windows expert, I usually use mac, but at work we use WinXP, ...

Updating Work Orders
Is there any way I can update the prices of my work order for the current item prices and not the prices at the time the order was taken? We take orders from customers a minimum of 6 days in advance of receiving our goods. The next day the goods are bought at an auction so we don't know what our prices will be until we buy them. So all the prices change after we take our orders. Any suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated! Brian, How about recalling the WO, delete the item(s) and re-enter the item(s)? The new price will be listed. You will have to over-ride new the...

windows update
quick question....u know how on your personal computer when it tells you it detected some update from microsoft and install it. now if we have windows 2k3 and windows 2k3 R2 with exchange 2k3 standard and enterprise. should i just go ahead and install the updates it requsted or will there be any incompability issues if i install those microsoft updates on those server? should i worry about any incompablity from the microsoft updates...after all it is their product. the only think i can think of is we also have norton corporate av on the server also. but should there be any concern a...

Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro
I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem. One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which I’ll update my graph and the data is available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls). Query : Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its ...

How can I switch off auto-hide ribbon (Quick Access Toolbar)
Somehow I accidentally pressed the wrong key combination and now the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) disappears whenever I click on the document itself with the mouse and I can no longer work efficiently. Clicking on any menu brings up the QAT again but I want it to display permanently. I've searched a) "display" menu b) Word options c) online help with no success. Any ideas how to switch this auto-hide off? Oops - using Microsoft Office Word 2007 SP2. "ICTag" wrote: > Somehow I accidentally pressed the wrong key combination and now the Quick ...

Before Update event question
If I am positioned on a new record (not yet saved) and I open a popup form and then in the code for this form, I modify a bound field on my original form and then close the popup form, does this trigger the 'before update' event on the original form? This is what seems to be happening. I don't want this event to trigger until I save the record or move to another record. It seems that I have to postpone modifying the bound field until the 'before update event'. This means that in the popup form, I have to save the value in an unbound field and then move it to the bound...

editbox shows strange characters
Hi I'm confused with the behavior the editbox shows.while i've not defined _UNICODE or _MBCS typing in the editbox in arabic shows strange characters.if i just copy & paste those characters into notepad the characters will look correctly(arabic). What makes me more confused is that with the same application but on another computer you can type arabic letters in the editbox. 1)What should I do so that my program acts normally on all computers? 2)what are probable the different settings on those 2 computers which make my application behave different.(bothh run winXP)? 3)what are the...

Help with SORT property in xl2007 and xl2007 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have this line of code in my macro. Someone with Excel 2003 can go past it. BOReportWS.Sort.SortFields.Clear Is there a way to get it to run in xl2003? 'BOReportWS.Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("A3:A" & BO_DownloadWS_lastRow) xl2007 still supports the old syntax. So you could create the macro (record it???) in xl2003 and it'll work ok. This may help (or not!): Dim wks As Worksheet Dim myRng As Range Set wks = Worksheets("Sheet9999") With wks Set myRng = .Range("A3:x" & BO_DownloadWS_lastR...

Office 2007 Ribbon-Add-ins Tab
All my co-wrokers have the add-ins tab on their ribbon but my ribbon does not have the add-ins tab. How can I get the add-ins tab? In article <861E8B66-E2AE-47A7-A2D0-EF2354F462BE@microsoft.com>, Bakerdmw wrote: > All my co-wrokers have the add-ins tab on their ribbon but my ribbon does not > have the add-ins tab. How can I get the add-ins tab? The tab appears when you install an add-in that attempts to create toolbars (as would be normal for add-ins designed for Office 2003 nad previous). ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 + Security Updates = OWA Problems
Hi guys! I wonder if anyone can shed any light on why whenever I install the latest patches on my Exchange 2003 server, the OWA stops working and users receive a: SERVICE NOT WORKING message when going to the web page. Add/Remove programs and uninstall the latest security updates and it works again. Is this a common problem? Does anyone have any fixes? I don't want to put on SP2 until I work out why it is doing it. Cheers in advance for any help. Andy On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:11:07 -0800, "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi guys! > >I w...

Update table from form
I am trying to update a counter table from a form. Instead of updating, a new entry is being created every time and the table end up looking like the following: Salesperson Date Leads 1 4/16/2007 0 1 4/16/2007 1 1 4/16/2007 0 1 4/16/2007 1 The code I'm using is below: RepNum = DLookup("[Rep Number]", "Debt Advisors", "username...

Conditional Formatting on a Row
Hi all, I want to apply a Conditional Format (Bold Red Txt) to the entire contents of a row when the word 'RECALLED' appears in any of four specific cells within that row (AJ3, AQ3, AX3 and BE3). Any pointers/suggestions. Thanks -- Steve There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright Hi Steve Select the entire table, and goto Conditional Format. Use 'Formula Is', and enter this formula, where 3 is the number of the first row in the table: =OR($AJ3="RECALLED",$AQ3="RECALLED...

Problematic Office update (KB924085)
Hi There, Can you please please sort out the problem with KB924085 (Outlook 2003 update) that causes Microsoft CRM plugin to crash all the time (5-10 times a day) When KB924085 is removed, the plugin works perfectly. Unfortunatley Office 2003 SP3 is now out and the only option is to not install SP3. Update Rollup 2 should solve the problem. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931270. Note you need to install UR2 on both the CRM server and each user workstation where the Outlook Client is installed. "Martin" wrote: > Hi There, > > Can you please please sort out th...

Unable to Update Account Information in MS Money 2007
For a few weeks now, I have been unable to update my account information with Chase Bank with MS Money 2007. I think this may have happend after some sort of recent "update"? I've used MS Money for about 10 years and have never had any problems before. I've tried to manually update multiple times without effect. When I check "Review Update Results", I consistently receive this message: Chase [check mark] Your last call was completed on xx-whatever the last time I tried to update-xxx [yellow exclamation mark] Your account information is being updated which m...