XL2003 format of row- and column headers

Hello,

how can I change the font of the headers of rows and columns in a
sheet?

Thanks for any help

Wolfgang

0
weh (4)
10/3/2010 7:26:36 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Oct 3, 3:26=A0am, "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <w...@snafu.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I change the font of the headers of rows and columns in a
> sheet?
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Wolfgang

Format > Style... > Normal > Modify

Formating the cell
Ok.. why is when I change the format from: 742.868 328.244 466.452 to 742.87 328.24 466.45 and then when I copy and paste it shows: 742.87 328.24 466.45 but when I export it to access it should up like this: 742.868 328.244 466.452 so how do I change it so it only should 742.87 328.24 466.45 -- TaGY2K ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TaGY2K's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1861 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=478378 Because formatting doesn't change any v...

Adding columns to Look Up Records window
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

fraction formatting
How can i convert my fractions to be a diagonal or horizonal fraction in excel? One way: Format/Cells/Fraction... choose an option. In article <CDA22621-2648-4C1E-A5C1-D5D7318A6E02@microsoft.com>, Cheryl <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can i convert my fractions to be a diagonal or horizonal fraction in > excel? ...

Conditional Format Date/Day (ddd)?
What I have ... Cell A1 contains a date (mm/dd/yy) Range B1:B7 contains a formula producing weekdays formatted (ddd) ... Mon, Tues, Weds, etc w/e Sun. I am trying to conditionally format cells in Range B1:B7 to high-lite based on day found in cell A1. Example: If Cell A1 contains 01/15/03 ... Weds should high-lite ... I would have no trouble with hard data, but assume issue is due to formula or format I have in Range B1:B7 ... or ... yes, I admit it ... my lack of intimacy with Excel ... Thanks ... Kha Select B1:B7 with B1 as the active cell, do format>conditional formatti...

Change date format for existing sheet? (XL2K+XL2003)
Don't know if this will be the right group for this. I have some spreadsheets that I must chart but the date formats are not the best. The sheet has the months like this: April 1 to 30 May 1 to 31 June 1 to 30 July 1 to 31 August 1 to 31 September1 to 30 October 1 to 31 November1 to 30 December 1 to 31 January 1 to 31 February 1 to 28 March 1 to 31 When I will need the smallest yet most complete info so that if I could convert the above quickly to format below, that would be best: Apr.01-30.2007 May.01-31.2007 Jun.01-30.2007 Jul.01-31.2007 Aug.01-31.2007 Sep.01-30.2007 Oct.01-31.2007 No...

Font and Paragraph formatting in comment
Windows XP SP3, Office 2003 Hi! I want to write a model/guide for writing a document with some explanations inserted as comments. Explanations should include Font and Paragraph formatting shown in "Reveal formatting/Formatting of selected text" area. How can I copy/paste this information into comment ? - typing is not an option. Thanx P.S.: I posted a shorter version of this message on another thread but I got no answers. This is why I'm posting it again. Use a screen capture program such as Snagit from www.techsmith.com -- Hope this helps. Pleas...

Excel custom format q
There is one problem that needs help from experts. I got data: Cell A1: AA-BB-999-xxxxx-zz-Abcdefghij Klmno 9, PRSTUVW Cell A2: AA-BB-888-zzzzz-zz-Abcdef Ghijk 8, LMNOPRSTUV .... .... .... In B1 and C1, B2 and C2 i need this: B1: Abcdefghij Klmno 9 C2: PRSTUVW B2: Abcdef Ghijk 8 C2: LMNOPRSTUV .... .... .... Data entries are not the same length. No need to start another thread, the answer Jacob gave you in your previous post does what you are asking unless of course you not explaining the problem correctly. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are other...

Multiple Format in Calculated Text Box
I have the following expression in a calculated text box on a report: =[NumberofGoalsReached] & "/" & [TotalNumberofGoals] & "=" & Format([GoalPercentage],"Percent") I would like to add a decimal format to the [GoalPercentage] part of the statement in addition to the percent format. So it will read like this: 5/10=50% instead of 5/10=50.00% as it does now. Thank you! Nevermind, got it Format([GoalPercentage], "0%") "PPCO" wrote: > > I have the following expression in a calculated text box on a...

conditional format
I have a sheet with 6 columns of data. Starting from column B to G.I will like when there is data or text in all column cell for the color to change to say Red. And if all cells does not have data for color to start as it is. A macro will be great, since I will be run other macro on these data. Thanks in advance. Hi Sam! Taking row 1 as my base: Use condition formatting Formula Is =COUNTA(B1:G1)=6 Press Format Select Format OK OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) availa...

How do I make into a dollar format when in a formula?
"We have been asked to contact you by our client 0, regarding your past due invoice for 7896.98. Their records indicate that payment has not been received as of the date of this correspondence, and is therefore listed for collection. This balance may include finance charges. " How do I make the 7897.98 w/ a dollar amount? The current formula is " & c8 & ". Please HELP!!! Hi krissy, > How do I make the 7897.98 w/ a dollar amount? The current formula is " & > c8 > & ". =TEXT(C8,"$0.00") Ed Ferrero...

Formating columns
Hi, I need help changing the column widths. Column A has a width setting of 15 for rows 1 - 30 but I want rows 31 - 35 to have a width setting of 5 Thank you Columns cannot have different width in different row. If you want to make a table use Word (or wood!) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "dbrumit" <dbrumit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E795F8F4-3CCF-4B96-B055-61EAE53DDEAE@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need help changing the column widths. > Column A has a width setting of 15 for rows 1 - 30 but I...

conditional formatting limitation
Is there any way I can increase the limit of 3 when conditional formatting? I am building a schedule and I wish to colour code unique id's. The number of unique id's exceeds three. Thank-you Hi rekoop! Apart from conditional formats and the default format you do have ability to control font formats using the custom formats usually reserved for positive, negative and zero. See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html But in most cases where you need more than three formats for your conditions, you will need to resort to VBA. For this, see: Dave McRitchie: http://w...

More Conditional Formatting
I am aware that there are three possible conditional formatting entries, however, I saw somewhere that a 4th can be introduced, (Pseudo? I think but I can't remember where!) - so is it possible (without VBA) to do the following. Assuming Cell C12 formatted as "Number":- >C11 then C12 - Black background =C11 then C12 - Blue <C11 then C12 - Red C12="" then C12 - Yellow Thanks Sandy Yes, you can get 4 conditions if you are able to make 1 of those conditions the default. So, based on your explanation you can make this the default condition: > C12="...

How do I show hidden column and row headings in excel?
How can I display hidden column and row headings in excel? Excel displays only unhidden rows and columns, and their headings. But if you make the width or height small enough, it might still be possible to see the heading and not the data. However, this becomes more difficult as you move to column AB or row 101. "Mildred" <Mildred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D83F4B-289A-49A6-9057-23365EAFB300@microsoft.com... > How can I display hidden column and row headings in excel? ...

return date format in function
function reads - ="Last Updated "&(MAX(MTD!I:I)) - is there any way to modify the function to the MAX value i'm looking for is read as a date? currently returns "Last Updated 40490", would like it to return "Last Updated 8-Nov-10" The Text function will do that. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware .. .. .. "Matthew Dyer" <matthew.e.dyer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3737667c-94dd-42bf-a69d-3db7f22c2ee0@u11g2000prn.googlegroups.com... function reads - ="Last Updated "&(MAX(MTD...

selecting data in a row
Dim rng As Range With Worksheets("Data") Set rng = .Range("a2", .Range("a" & Rows.count).End(xlUp)) End With rng.Select -------------------- With above code I select all data in column A. How can I select all data in row 1. I mean what is the equal code for selecting columns in a row ? Thank you. HI Look at this: Dim Rng2 As Range With Worksheets("Data") Set rng = .Range("a2", .Range("a" & Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft)) End With Regards, Per "darkblue" <ahmetaay@gmail....

too many columns/rows for excel to hadle
I am trying to load .csv files into Excel with large amounts of data. have run into the 364 column limit and the 65536 row limit. Is ther anyway to configure Excel to hadle more columns or rows. I thought that previous versions (or maybe it was Lotus 123) used t carry extra data over to subsequent tabs. There is a work around for the row problem using a text editor t divide the data into two seperate files, but I cannot use a text edito to divide the columns ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Table size limits to 128 rows
I have a table in Word which is larger than 128 rows. 2003 Publisher can not convert or create a table larger than 128 rows. What are my options? Please don't tell me to break the large table into smaller tables... You don't want people to tell you to break the table but if you're limited to 128 rows and you have more than that - you may not have any other options. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A3F01C1-21D9-4FFC-B661-F303232BF9D6@microsoft.com... >I have a table in Word which i...

Find value in another column, change Interior.colorIndex
First post didn't work. I apologize if this is a duplicate. Hello there, I wrote the following code to find a value in column B if the cell in columnS has an Interior.color.Index = 44, transfer the color to the cell with same value in B. (calcLastRow declared already) Dim ColumnB As Range, SrcChk1 As Range Dim DestChk1 As String Dim DestChk2 As String Set ColumnB = Range("B14", "B" & calcLastRow) Range("N14").Select With ColumnB Do DestChk1 = (ActiveCell.Offset(0, 5).Interior.ColorIndex...

List with Hyperlinks
HI, I have a large list of names and telephone numbers which is used to populate cells in a multisheet workbook. I have this list on a worksheet called 'List' along with many other such lists all ranges are allocated a name for easy insertion into the main sheets.. In the sheet 'List' I can turn the name and telephone number into a hyperlink to call a mailto:persons.name@etc.... however when I select this person from the dropdown list in the other sheets it no longer acts as a hyperlink is there a way I can get this functionality? -- Steve Those who agree with us ma...

Adding Values According to Formatting
I would like to create a formula to sum the values in a column but only include those values which have the cell formatting of yellow. This way I can fomat the cells yellow which I want included in the summation without having to manually adjust the formula in the cell after I have formatted a new cell in the column. Is this possible? (This formula does not necessarily need to include the entire column but maybe J1-J50 if that is easier.) Thanks in advance for any help. Check out this page. Look about halfway down it: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm tj "Brandt"...

Opening XLS with XL2003, not XL2007
I have both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 installed on the same machine. Until today, I could doubleclick on any .XLS file and it would automatically open in the old Excel. Now, however, it opens in the new Excel in compatibility mode. Even if I go to change the file association in Windows shell, Excel 2007 still keeps taking over. As far as I know, nothing has changed on my system. Anybody know how I can get Windows to always use the old version for the .xls files? I don't know why it keeps changing for you, but this may work to change it back: Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run...

formatting numbers in excel 2003
In Excel 2000 I could set my format to number, 2 decimals, place comma, and fixed decimals would be checked in the tools, options. When I enter 329 and press enter I would get 3.29 in cell When I enter 329. and press enter I would get 329.00 in cell. I cannot make this work in 2003 If I have it set as describted above I get 3.29 in either case. Please tell me what to do. 20 years of entering this way will not change overnight if I cannot find the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. tammie This appears to be an inadvertant change in XL2003. See this thread from a google sear...

Column format
I'm trying to create a letterhead that prints the Advisory Board members on the left side (1.5" column) and keeps the second column free for text, but every time I create two columns, it goes into newsletter format and spreads the names of the Advisory Board over both columns. Is there some way to keep that text in the first column? See the "More complex letterhead" example at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm and http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope,...

Counting same rows in a table
Hi, How can I count same rows in a table? ex. ID NAME 1 MARY 2 JOHN 3 MARY 4 MARY 5 JOHN I want to know how many JOHN there are? Thanks! On Feb 2, 3:38=A0pm, Julia82 <Juli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > How can I count same rows in a table? ex. > > ID =A0 =A0 NAME > 1 =A0 =A0 =A0 MARY > 2 =A0 =A0 =A0 JOHN > 3 =A0 =A0 =A0 MARY > 4 =A0 =A0 =A0 MARY > 5 =A0 =A0 =A0 JOHN > > I want to know how many JOHN there are? > > Thanks! use a totals query SELECT Name, Count...