XL office 2007 file to large

I recently created a *relatively large file in excel 2007 and when I tried to
save it as a 97-2003 workbook I too was notified that data had been lost. The
difference being from what I have read here so far is that the alert message
I received informed me that anything after column IV (the original document
contains data up to and including column JO) was not saved and this was
evidently true. Is there anything I can do to save the entire file as a
single 97-2003 workbook without losing anything? Thank you.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can portion out the file over multiple sheets and cut all data after
column IV
and paste it into another sheet, then save it in compatibility mode. That
goes for anything beyond 65536 rows as well since those are the limits of
97-2003 Excel

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Darwinwins" <Darwinwins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently created a *relatively large file in excel 2007 and when I tried
> save it as a 97-2003 workbook I too was notified that data had been lost.
> The
> difference being from what I have read here so far is that the alert
> message
> I received informed me that anything after column IV (the original
> document
> contains data up to and including column JO) was not saved and this was
> evidently true. Is there anything I can do to save the entire file as a
> single 97-2003 workbook without losing anything? Thank you.

0
terre081 (3244)

Outlook 2003
Is there a way to configure Outlook 2003 with the following option. The user clicks on File / Open / <chosen folder to open> In Outlook 2000, the chosen folder would open in a new window. However in Outlook 2003, it is opened in the same window. Can this be modified so that the user, when performing this action, will have a second window open on the computer? Michael R. No, AFAIK. To open a new window the user can rightclick on any folder and choose Open in new window. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -...

Office 2004 Crashes
I had no problem installing Office 2004 (Student-Teacher Edition) in my Mac, but then only the application Entourage works. The applications Word, PowerPoint and Excel always crash after the corresponding splash screen. Anyone knows what's going on? Thank in advance. Dave In article 267c601c4614d$9dc49a20$a301280a@phx.gbl, dave at davidest@jazzfree.com wrote on 7/3/04 15:32: > I had no problem installing Office 2004 (Student-Teacher > Edition) in my Mac, but then only the application Entourage > works. The applications Word, PowerPoint and Excel always > crash after the co...

office web component error
After installing OWC11.exe, I am still not able to load interactive Excel Web Page. Does anyone know the problem? Thanks James ...

changing default language in XL
I know this probably sounds completely stupid, but i have a swedish version of XL and want to change it to English, as well as not understanding swedish, i am not 100 percent on computers. can someone please help? Thanks Pete. I don't think you can. I think you have to buy the English version... ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com Check out the NEWsgroup stats! Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com "peter curran" <petercurran17@eircom.net> wrote in message news:cUiIf.5957$j7.214198@news.indigo.ie... >I know this probably sounds completely ...

MSN BillPay and Money 2007 #2
Has anyone had any experience with setting up MSN BillPay in Microsoft Money 2007? From Managing Online Services within Money 2007 I signed up for MSN BillPay and have my user name and password to make payments but limited to using the MSN Web Site. When I try to enter this info in Money 2007 to activate MSN billpay online services I get a message saying that I must have "special sign-in information" other than the web based user name/password and points me back to the MSN Web Site for the needed info. My problem is that I cannot find any mention of this special sign-in on any of t...

Autocorrect shared in Office 2000
My boss uses AUTO Correct extensively - he types "QU" and it autocorrects that with our company logo. He wants to use this same autocorrect database in Excel, Powerpoint, etc. He gets mad at ME because I don't know. Does anyone know if this is possible to do - share the autocorrect macro/database? THANKS! Cory Autocorrect is already globally shared by Office components. Look for a *.ACL file on the computer or network. Note where it/they is are. Perhaps boss is not accessing the proper file. Add a few things to his autocorrect list and see which *.ACL file updates. ...

Excel 2007 crash on save
I have several users, albeit not all, who are experiencing problems with Excel 2007 crashing during a manual save. Windows XP on all machines. So far it is only desktops, so the Bluetooth Com+ add-in is not an issue. These are spreadsheets that were created in Office 2003, so they are opening in Compatibility Mode. When you click save, you get the Compatibility Checker window, then when you click Continue and you get a window stating that Excel encountered a problem and needs to close. Event Viewer reports the following: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Cat...

glitches in my 2007 Outlook
Please I need help! About a week ago, I restarted my machine with a soft boot. When I went into Outlook, several items wouldn't work. 1. Whren you push the arranged button, and I try to change to To or from, I get a error message saying to restart Outlook because of the error. THIS ONLY HAPPENS ON THE INBOX FILE. All others tpes of files seem to sort ok. 2. When I try to look in the what's been SENT file, it automatically go to an error and says there is a problem with outlook.pst and I need to run the scanpst.exe. When I search for scanpst.exe it says it isn't find it. I&#...

Out of Office #11
None of my Outlook clients Out of Office Assistants will work properly. You can turn them on, but they don't send the message. If this was one machine having a problem then I'd say it was Outlook, but with the whole company having the problem it seems more like an Exchange issue. To add a little more complexity to the situation if you create a rule in the Out of Office Assistant that sends a message template that you create in the rule to everyone who sends that person an email then the person sending the email will receive the template email. So in a way it works. The only problem is ...

File Association #2
I opened a file in .xls and accidently checked the "always use selected program". Now I realize .xls is the worng program to use. I tried to right click to "Open With" but I only have the "open" option. HELP! Depending on your operating system, holding the Shift key while right-clicking should give you the Open With option. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "need helpful advice" <needhelpfuladvice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23E5BCBE-41BF-44D3-9045-038194A55AA7@microsoft.com....

Import saved (Office Data File)
When I reinstalled Outlook I saved my Contacts to a Office Data File, how do I import them back into My Outlook? Thanks for any Help...Bob You never import a native outlook data file. In Outlook, = File->Open->Outlook Data File. Copy what you want to your current = default .pst file and close the old one when you are done. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Bob Vance asked: | When I reinstalled Outlo...

Pie charts from older versions to Excel 2007 on Windows XP
Hello, We recently updated our systems to Microsoft Office 2007 and of course with change comes problems. We have chart templates setup for much of the reporting that we do. When I change the numbers in the data series the corresponding fields on the chart reflect the change for the most part. However, when I enter a - or a zero the entire chart formatting is thrown off. I’ve tried just about everything I can think of other than recreating the charts, which I am hoping is avoidable, but is my last option. Thanks for any suggestions - please let me know if more detail is needed. H...

Change icon in Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Til the release prior to sp2 I used to change the app icons with those that came in the 2004 version using the Get Info pane. After sp2 this no longer works. Not even changing the icons that you find in the packages of each app. Any thoughts? PS this was already ask, but no solution was given <http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums/Office/3822> On 8/1/09 4:34 PM, in article 59b796f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mctop@officeformac.com" <mctop@officeformac.com> wrote: > Til the release pr...

Exchange 2007 typical CPU utilization (store.exe)
Hi All, we recently installed a monitoring package that via WMI queries and such magic (NO agent software is installed), is able to monitor what is happening across the network. One thing I notice on our Exchange server is that the CPU always seems to be busy. Closer inspection of the server (watching task manager) shows that indeed store.exe is using around 15 - 50 percent of the CPU time almost always. Now this might be nomal, having only just got this product I am not sure what the CPU utilization was like before.. but with my experience in Exchange 5.5 (and yes I know ...

Saving Excel 2003 file in .txt format
I'm saving an Excel 2003 file to a .txt file format. But data for some of the rows are not formatting properly - the data shifted over to the left for some of the rows. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks. Probably the .txt file does not have enough spaces or tabs to align the data correctly. Save as text (Tab Delimited) to see if there is enough improvement -- Gary's Student "mikejfox99" wrote: > I'm saving an Excel 2003 file to a .txt file format. But data for some of > the rows are not formatting properly - the data shifted over to the left for &g...

Blocking text in PPT 2007
Until recently I've used PowerPoint 2002 in XP but recently started using PPT 2007 in Windows 7. Now, when I block text within a colored text box I find it difficult to see (differentiate) the blocked text from the rest because it is shaded so faintly. Is there a way to make the selected text more easily visible? Shaded more distinctly? Thank you, Jeff AFAIK there's no way to change the shading. I've never had a problem with it though which I often did with 2002. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/pow...

Problem with Office installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed the trial version of office and then upgraded to the full version, downloading it online. It installs fine, but when I try to run any of the office programs, I get a message that says: "A problem has been detected with the Microsoft Office installation. Try running the Office Installer again to resolve the problem." I've reinstalled it at least 5 times now, and I still get the same message. I've uninstalled office and then installed it. I've restarted my computer. Nothing will make that ...

Mac Office 2001 & PC Office 2000 Problems
We have a network at our school with PC's and Mac's attached. We are sharing office files. There is no problem opening office files on the PC as long as the extensions are there. But after a file is opened on the PC the Mac doesn't seem to recognize it well. It can only be opened from the program (word, excel) and not from a file list. We had Mac Office 98 but upgraded to 2001 hoping this would help but it still does not recognize it. Also some of the files get turned into "read only" when trying to open them on the Mac. Can anyone help? We are thinking o...

Legacy applicaton with CreateObject not working in Outllook 2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C8D7C9.962589E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have an legacy access application which imports certain messages from = an Outlook mail folder. The relevant code is : Dim olApp As Object, nsNameSpace As Object, IBFolder As Object, CHFolder = As Object Dim i As Long, CHMessages As Object, MessDate As Date, Message As = String, MessSubject As String, MessFrom As String Set olApp =3D CreateObject("OutLook.Application") Set nsNameSpace =3D ...

Office 2004 vs. Office X
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3169220202_265370 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I currently an using Office 2001 and want to update so I do need to work in the Classic environment, but I don't understand the difference between Office 2004 and Office X. Help please. --B_3169220202_265370 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITL...

Reading Office 2007 format in Office 2003
I have Office 2003 with all available updates. I have also installed the compatibility pack for the Office 2007 system and all available updates. This is on a Windows XP Pro SP3 system. I have two .doc files which were sent to me by email. I believe they are scans of a printed document. In any case, I am unable to view them with Word 2003. I *can* view them using WordPad, and they look fine. I can also view them on a different computer which does not have MS Office, but does have the MS Word Viewer v1.8313.8221 SP3. I would like to be able to view these documents in Word 2003...

Saving as PDF in 2007
I am needing to output reports from access to PDF. This seems to be a simple task with the PDF/XPS add-in and it works fine maually. BUT when I use it in code with the OutputTo it takes 15 minuites to save a report that when done manually takes < 1 min. I have found that I can get it to achieve the same time frame if I open the report first then call the code but this only works when I manually open the report. When I try doing OpenReport in preview mode then run this code from a form it still takes forever and almost locks up. Is there any way to get the quick effect and still have it all ...

Excel backup file
I have an excel file that always created a backup copy (.xlk) when it’s save. This allows the label program to use the backup file without interfere with the user updating the actual file. In Excel 97 it works perfect because when the label program using the backup file and someone try to save the xls, it will display “backup file will not be save” but it allows the xls to be saved. But Excel 2000 or xp it does not allow xls to be saved if the backup file is in use. Any suggestions how I can get around this problem? Instead of using the backup, how about just saving the workbook wit...

Cannot Open Office Outlook?
Whenever I try to open MicroSoft Office Outlook I get the following message.... Cannot open Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. Please help. go to run (win + R) In the run window type outlook /resetnavpane(please note the space between Outllok and /) Hit OK or press the ENTER key on the keyboard. Manish Senior TSO (MS-Outlook and Office setup) manish.kashyap@gmail.com Can you open it in Safe mode as per below. If you can then let us know so we can advise you how to rectify the issue Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (notice the space betwee...

Multiple Users for office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person. All help much appreciated CSR > Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the...