workbook will calculate on one PC but not another

Using xl2002, I created a workbook. it contains a circular reference.
i created a workbook_open procedure that appears to have eliminated
the problem on my PC...

Application.MaxChange = 0.001
ActiveWorkbook.PrecisionAsDisplayed.

when i open the workbook on my pc it opens right up, and works. on
other PCs, a message appears...

"Microsoft Excel cannot calculate a formula. Cell references in the
formula refer to the formula's result, creating a circular
reference......."

Why does the workbook work fine on my PC, and not on others? What can
I do to make it work universally?

Thanks...

Tonso
0
wthomasss (97)
7/2/2008 1:46:15 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Have you checked the settings for Iteration on the Tools menu | Options |
calculation tabs on the PCs?

"Tonso" wrote:

> Using xl2002, I created a workbook. it contains a circular reference.
> i created a workbook_open procedure that appears to have eliminated
> the problem on my PC...
>
> Application.MaxChange = 0.001
> ActiveWorkbook.PrecisionAsDisplayed.
>
> when i open the workbook on my pc it opens right up, and works. on
> other PCs, a message appears...
>
> "Microsoft Excel cannot calculate a formula. Cell references in the
> formula refer to the formula's result, creating a circular
> reference......."
>
> Why does the workbook work fine on my PC, and not on others? What can
> I do to make it work universally?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Tonso

mouse is user-defined, when mouse move to another dialog, mouse disappeared
We are doing a program running in a game. The game's mouse is user-defined, my program's dialog pop-up in game by Hook. my dialog can show in game normally, and can capture keyboard event. but mouse disappeared when mouse move from game to my dialog, and mouse will show normally when mouse leave my dialog. mouse event respond. although mouse disappeared I can drag my dialog using mouse. I think mouse need re-draw when move to my dialog, but I do know how to do. Please give advice, thank in advance. ...

Displaying the date a workbook was modified
How doe I insert the date on which the workbook was last saved into a worksheet? -- Bodene ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bodene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24924 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384824 This code should log the save date and time to cell A1 of the active sheet in the book. Range("A1").ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12).Value How and where you use the code depends if you need the refreshing of the data to be automatic or ...

New workbook, same window..
This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. Everytime I open a workbook it opens in the same window as the last one. There was a time, in the dim and distant past when each time I opened a workbook, it opened in a new seperate window. Tiling windows annoys me, I want two copies of excel running independently. I just can't figure it out. I know its obvious and stupid, but please help! Cheers, Ben On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:52:58 -0700, "Bungers" <bungers@mailinator.com> wrote: >This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. > &g...

how do i link a calendar to another one (in different machines)
i need to share a calendar of different mailboxes on differnet machines how do i do it? What version of Outlook? Do you use Exchange server? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.asp for methods you can use the share outlook data when you don't use Exchange server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-...

Will Access Help me?
I am not familiar with Access and I am not sure if this is what I need. I get various spreadsheets from multiple clients with variable information in many different formats. I want to extract only the information I need into one common format that I can easlily use. I currently take their spreadsheets, copy, paste, delete and move around in excel and sort it to get the information I need. It takes tons of time only to find out the client sent a new spreadsheet with changes and I need to start all over again. Would Access be a good solution to my spreadsheet woes? Thanks for your i...

Linking Workbooks #3
I'm not sure if this is an excel function or an access function. (I don't know Access - however I'm fairly well versed at Excel). My company has a separate Excel spreadsheet with data for each client. We'd like to continually update the data in the client specific spreadsheet and have a separate worksheet that regularly pulls the data from all clients/all worksheets that we may then reference, sort etc. How would we go about establishing this? Thanks. -- Cathy Hi Cathy Maybe the Merge Add-in or code from my site will help you See the "Copy/Paste/Merge example...

Installing paid upgrade version of Microsoft Office 2007 on Vista PC with original Office XP
Hi, I had purchased a full version of Microsoft XP Professional a few years ago. The previous laptop on which this was installed was irrecoverably broken. I have a new laptop which came pre-installed with Vista. I had been using the 60 day trial version of Microsoft Office 2007 which recently expired. I have bought the CD version of an Upgrade for Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Microsoft Office 2007 - Home and Student Edition as I have Office XP CDs. Having reviewed the threads on the forum and other information on the internet, I understand that the sequence of uninstalling and inst...

calculating #2
My dear, please tell me ( with example) how to calculate values between two dates . -- tofimoon4 Speaking for myself, I am not sure what it is you are asking. Why don't YOU give US an example for what you want. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "tofimoon4" <tofimoon4.b48c2f@excelbanter.com> wrote in message news:tofimoon4.b48c2f@excelbanter.com... > > My dear, please tell me ( with example) how to calculate values between > two d...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

one Form only displays the Details Background
Hi; Using A2K Package/Deploy. On two computers; one Form only displays the Details Background. (Format>AutoFormat>Sumi Painting) Not a single Control is showing. The Record Selector does display but it doesn't cycle. No Numbers show in/on the Record Selector. The Form is set to Modal = Yes Recently the AutoFormat on my machine stopped working. Followed Microsoft's "Remedies". Re-Registered two dlls and then Re-Installed Office Pro. Has anyone Encountered and Overcame this foul up? Thank You for taking the time to read this Post. Andy ...

Pocket PC 2006 version? Compatibility?
Will the 2006 version of Money sync with the 2005 Pocket PC version? Also, when will the Pocket PC 2006 version be available? Pocket PC versions generally lag desktop version by weeks or months. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "bbarker" <bbarker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0778C6CF-0C52-4E0E-88CB-5DFD1A6398AD@microsoft.com... > Will the 2006 version of Money sync with the 2005 Pocket PC version? > > Also, when will the Pocket PC 2006 version be available? Yes, that's true. Does anyone know whether the 2005 Pocket PC version will syn...

Calculations based on PivotTable information
I am trying to create calculations for Commissions based on Pivot Table information. However, When i try to filter(change the dimension) to show individual Salespeople the columns that i refer to in my calculations change, thus my calculations are in accurate. This is what i am using to calculate when all salespeople are present on the pivot table In Column J IF(AND(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*total",C5)),F5<>""),F5*0.03,"") In Column L IF(AND(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*total",C5)),G5<>""),G5*0.02,"") any help would be appreciated. ...

Conditional Formatting based on value of another cell
I am trying to get cell A1 to display in bold when the value of cell B is between 20 and 40 (inclusive). Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: - select cell A1 - goto 'Format - Conditional format' - enter the following formula: =($B$1>=20)*($B$1<=40) - choose your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jpkeller55 >" <<jpkeller55.16xm8r@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:jpkeller55.16xm8r@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am trying to get cell A1 to display in bold when the val...

workbook to workbook
In a cell in workbook no.1 I have this eneterd No.8-CRP-B1, in a cell in workbook no.2 in A7 i want to link this cells so it read the same and will update when updated. so I opened bolth notebooks whe into workbook no.2 and cell A7 entered = and then highlighted the cel in workbook no.1 for some reason I get the response #value why is this when I do this with other cells I have no problem? Thanks for the help -- MIKE0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2146 View this thr...

Chart from separate workbooks
Hello! I`m new to this group so greetings for everybody :). My questions (MS Excel 2007): There are 10 separate files, each containing a similar worksheet. There is an eleventh, cumulative file, containing a chart from these ten files. The number of files grows constantly. I would like the charts in the cumulative file to change, based on the newly created files. How to do this in a possibly automatic manner? For example: 5 persons are evaluated each month with a 10-question test and get a grade (from 1 to 5)for each question. In the cumulative file there is a chart depicting the mea...

One OE identity hangs OE
My other OE identities work fine, but one identity, when switched to, cannot be exited or switched out of. Instead, its inbox messages get duplicated multiple times. If I end the OE task to get out of this hang, the same thing occurs the next time I enter that identity. If I just let it remain in the "hung" state, eventually I get a window saying a download timed out. I don't know what download is started in the process of attempting to exit out of that identity. It seems that something in that idntity's mailbox has been corrupted. Is there any way to "cl...

Can VLOOKUP be used to search for more than one possible value?
I am trying to create an academic progress form for college students that is specific to our department's requirements. We have different categories of classes that need to be completed: chemistry, biology, calculus, etc. Some of these are specific, e.g. Biology 171; for others, students have options, e.g. either Chemistry 151 or 161. We get a report on the courses students have completed each semester, which I put into a separate worksheet. I want the Excel form to automatically fill in course information in the appropriate category spaces based on course report data. I am attempt...

paste formulas between workbooks without workbook link
Hello, I want to copy and paste several cells, each containing formulas, from one workbook to another. The formulas contain references to several different sheets and I want the paste to contain the formulas exactly as they are in the originating workbook. When I paste these cells into the destination workbook, however, the formulas have inserted in them links to the originating workbook file name. The only way I can see to solve this problem is to individually select each cell, copy its formula from the edit formula field and then paste it into the edit formula field in the dest...

my colors change in my workbook when I open another workbook
I downloaded a template for Excel to my computer. When I use the template, the colors in other workbooks change. After I reboot, it all goes back to normal, until I open the template again. ...

Print and page settings of workbook
I am tired of resetting page attributes on similar worksheets within a workbook. Seems like one should be able to copy print settings (margins, footers, headings, font, etc. etc.) from one worksheet to another with one click like the format brush. What am i missing? Must I write a print macro to do this on each and every multiple set of worksheets? Try selecting the multiple sheets first, then setting the attributes. Just remember to ungroup them before you make changes that *don't* apply to all. In article <OVHh#XvdHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, David Greenberg <...

how to delete the same columns across a workbook
how to delete the same columns across a workbook Hi, Hold down the CTRL key and click each sheet tab to group them. On the visible sheet delete the column abd it will be deleted on all grouped sheets. Click a sheet tab to un-group sheets. Mike On 5 Jan, 19:39, RPM <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to delete the same columns across a workbook ...

Values in multiple columns into one column
Hi everyone, I have a spreadsheet with values in multiple columns where for instance col A is blank colb or c or d won't be...there will be something in one where the others are empty. I need to create a column with all the values together. Tried using the following formula but it doesn't seem to work... the values are all dates.. =IF(O2=" ",N2,IF(N2=" ",K2,IF(K2=" ",J2,O2))) Can anybody help!! Cheers Dan Hi try =IF(O2="",N2,IF(N2="",K2,IF(K2="",J2,O2))) >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone, > >I hav...

Query based upon another query not returning decimal data
I have Qry2 based upon Qry1 and that query is based on a linked table in SQL 2005. Fld1 and Fld2 are in the table and defined as decimal(28,18) in SQL. Qry1 returns records containing Fld1 & Fld2 without any problems. Qry2 is a Crosstab query performing a Group By / Row Heading on Fld1 and a sum value on Fld2. Qry2 gets an error on Fld1 stating "Invalid Precision for decimal data type". If I use the CDec function on it, the error for this field does not appear any more - but then after some processing, I get this error on Fld2: "Invalid scale for decimal data type&...

removing reference to other workbook
hi i have a excel wookbook which contains references to other workbook. whenever i open this wookbook it asks me for updating the link to the other workbook. i want to remove these references to other workbook but am not able to figure out which cell is refering to the other workbook. i also have lot of references in the same workbook. i dont want the internal references to be removed. can anyone help me to accomplish this task. any help is highly appretiated. thankx in advance. pradyumna Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindL...

Linked Workbooks
Hi All, I'm using Excel 97 at work and there are two workbooks that someone has linked. I can't figure out how to unlink them. I go under "EDIT", "LINKS" and can view the linked workbook but see no way to delete the link. In Excel 2003 that I have at home I can delete the link. Any ideas? Thanks Brian If you search for .xls, you can find the cells with the links. Then you can copy|paste special|Values. Sometimes they can hide in hard to find spots. You could use Bill Manville's FindLink program to help find them: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm NoS...