Work out of a number is between a range and display YES or NO

Why wont my formula work?

=IF(AND(K90>1, K90<L90), "YES", "no")

In K90 I have the formula:
 =IF(E90="","",IF($B$4="",TODAY()-E90,IF(E90>$B$4,"Other",$B$4-E90)))
Which displays a number.

In box L90 I have the formula:
=(Master!L90) which displays from a different sheet a number.
0
ball.steve (22)
5/29/2009 3:10:57 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Steve,

It looks to me as if your formulae DO work - it's just that you're not getting the results you expect.

What are the *values* in K90 and L90? I note that K90 can often have text, not numbers! As may 'Master!L90'.

What do you expect to happen under different conditions?

--
Cheers
macropod

"Steve" <ball.steve@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8a28f667-890c-4140-a75e-1c7a16c37b41@b1g2000vbc.googlegroups.com...
> Why wont my formula work?
>
> =IF(AND(K90>1, K90<L90), "YES", "no")
>
> In K90 I have the formula:
> =IF(E90="","",IF($B$4="",TODAY()-E90,IF(E90>$B$4,"Other",$B$4-E90)))
> Which displays a number.
>
> In box L90 I have the formula:
> =(Master!L90) which displays from a different sheet a number.
0
macropod1 (83)
5/29/2009 3:45:38 AM
Hi,

Check if L90 is a TEXT.
How to check? -> if the number are aligned to left side of the cell, then
they are text and if they are aligned to right side they are number.
--
Click on Yes, if it is useful.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Dilip Kumar Pandey
MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)
dilipandey@yahoo.com
dilipandey@gmail.com
New Delhi, India

"Steve" wrote:

> Why wont my formula work?
>
> =IF(AND(K90>1, K90<L90), "YES", "no")
>
> In K90 I have the formula:
>  =IF(E90="","",IF($B$4="",TODAY()-E90,IF(E90>$B$4,"Other",$B$4-E90)))
> Which displays a number.
>
> In box L90 I have the formula:
> =(Master!L90) which displays from a different sheet a number.

0
DILipandey (41)

Outlook 2007 bogus "there are no items to show in this view" displays
We have multiple Outlook 2007 users who are getting Outlook explorer view windows displaying "there are no items to show in this view" after deleting multiple items in the view. Once you click away or do something else, the view refreshes and the items that haven't been deleted display again, but it is VERY annoying. Anyone heard of a fix? And this is after installing SP1. I'm not aware of a fix, other than F5. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007...

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

Optimum number of pages
I am doing a book that should be about 200 pages (each page is half an 8x11). I now have 116 and when I try to add pages (on the INSERT menu) It says ok and then cuts me down to 16! I can't find anything that tells me how many pages one file can handle in Publisher 2003. The last book I did was on the original version of publisher! I can split the publication into two or more files, and probably will have to because pictures aren't inserted yet, but need to know about file size so don't have to do everything twice. Thanks How much memory do you have? What about your s...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

Zero filling a number field
I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but can't figure out how. Any ideas? You don''t say where you're trying to do this, but basically Format(YourAutoNumber, "000000") pdlginternet@aol.com wrote: >I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but >can't figure out how. Any ideas? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 You can't do that wi...

how to keep cell rounding to 2 places even when someone else pastes number with more.
At work, i receive spreadsheets of bonuses that can be derived from formula. however, when i copy and paste the info into our file fo payroll, it can only be 2 places, otherwise it kicks out an error. now, i've been here almost a year now and it's been near impossible t get the people who submit the file to make sure they ROUND the numbe to 2 places. i'm wondering if there is something i can do in the cell that when the paste their number in it, it automatically rounds. or if that's not possible, if there's a way for me to highlight column then have it round all t...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

Only ID numbers are printing
I have Access 2007. I have two tables Contact List and Asset List. I am trying to print two reports. I want to print the owner and the companies they lease to from the Asset List. Also from the Contact List I would like to list the Companies and their Lessors. When I try to do the asset list one it only gives me id numbers. What am I doing wrong? -- helpme This is a typical issue when you use lookup fields in tables. My advice is: don't use them. Your report's record source must contain the field that actually stores the value you would like to display in the r...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

numbering rows
i need to number my rows in a seperate column to count my inventory, but when i filter my coulmns and do a custom filter my number column filters along with the others even if the number column is not filtered??????????????? If I understand your question you want to see the visible rows numbered in sequence? If so assume your data is in column A with titles on row 1, in the column you want the row numbers to appear (say column B for this example), enter the following formula in cell B2: =SUBTOTAL(3,A$2:A2) Copy this formula down. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "olga" wrote...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

Automation to update 288 ranges?
I do calculations in one workbook where the resulting values are returned on 24 worksheets in 12 separate ranges (or matrices) per worksheet. I have another workbook which will have matrices set up in a similar fashion and I need to be able to "send" or update the values in the corresponding matrices in that file. The two Excel files cannot be merged into one file. I have not come up with an elegant solution to do this. The idea of setting up linked formulas for each cell in the "destination" workbook is not too appealing - there HAS to be a better way. Any ideas? Tha...

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Spell check not working.

Number of outgoing addresses
Anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of addresses you can use for a letter? I find that other letters get sent except for one that just wll not go and it has around 50 e-mail addresses. The letter itself has no attachments or images just a short note. Your ISP sets the limit on recipients. Contact them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Red Stripe" <RedStripe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23973094-A025-4ADD-B49A-FF63DA604389@microsoft.com... > Anyone know if there is a limi...

converting time (format) to number
Hi I am using ms access and I would like to make querry that will convert certain time (ex. 00:25:05) to number of seconds can anyone help since I can not find the solution Thanks Time is stored as a fraction of a day. Multiply the time value by the number of seconds in a day (86400). ?#00:25:05#*86400 1505 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Boge" <boge.nikolov@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146838648.460933.44820@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I am using ms access and I would like to make querry...

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...

Showing ID number not required text
Hi, I have created a report with data grouped by employee. When I look at the report it has the ID number of the employee instead of the name. How do I get it to show the name like it does on the form? Nikki Nikki wrote: >I have created a report with data grouped by employee. When I look at the >report it has the ID number of the employee instead of the name. How do I >get it to show the name like it does on the form? It sounds like the dreaded Lookup Fields has struck again? Modify the report's record source query to include the employees table joined on the employe...