Word table of Contents automatically linked to Excel?

Hi

I am wondering if this is possible:

I have a word document that contains a TOC (table of contents).  Is it
possible to automatically import the TOC into excel?
I have tried embeding the document but it imports the entire document, i
only need the TOC.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks :)

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How about selecting the TOC, copy, right+click a cell, paste (or use a Paste
Special option)?

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/9/06 7:03 PM, in article uvzG0uFBHHA.4472@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
"Sydney" <sydneygal25@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am wondering if this is possible:
>
> I have a word document that contains a TOC (table of contents).  Is it
> possible to automatically import the TOC into excel?
> I have tried embeding the document but it imports the entire document, i
> only need the TOC.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks :)

Not quite what we are after.
I am trying to automate it so that when the TOC is updated, its
automatically updated in the excel doc too.

Thanks anyway

"CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote in message
> How about selecting the TOC, copy, right+click a cell, paste (or use a
Paste
> Special option)?
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 11/9/06 7:03 PM, in article uvzG0uFBHHA.4472@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
> "Sydney" <sydneygal25@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am wondering if this is possible:
> >
> > I have a word document that contains a TOC (table of contents).  Is it
> > possible to automatically import the TOC into excel?
> > I have tried embeding the document but it imports the entire document, i
> > only need the TOC.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> > Thanks :)

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

Printing WORD docs from a form

Autofill
Hello. When I click the black plus mark to autofill a column, instead o calculating the formula that I entered in the first cell, it repeat the same answer as in the first cell. How to avoid this? should I try reinstalling excel software? ------------------------------- Sometimes, I get correct answers without problems. If this becomes problem if we employ the whole excel sheet? Once I used all columns an about 100 rows. After that, I have this problem. ================= eg. Let us say, that we need to multiply the first 2 columns. the correc answer needed is in the 3rd col. and the wrong a...

List of CRM tables?
Hi All, I'm just starting out altering some SQL queries in excel to make the reports more relevant and find myself wanting to pull data from two tables. Does anybody know where there is a list of tables for reference of failing that, which table the property opportunity.partneridname sits in? Thanks D For opportunity, you can look into opportunitybase and opportunitybaseextension table. But you can use the view "opportunity". Hope this helps. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Feb 22, 12:23 pm, "Dempsey J" <xfo...@hotmail.com&g...

Upsize table to SQL2K
I'm upsizing the BE of an A97 DB to SQL2K. One of the tables which appears to have upsized correctly, i.e., the text field sizes are the same as they were in the original DB, is giving me an error when I open the linked table in Access: "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data. (Error 3163)" When I open the table in Design view in Access, all of the text fields are set to a length of 255. But in the original table, *most* of the text fields were set to a length of 50. I've determined the offending field is...

Excel protection
Hi, I'm trying to protect a sheet but let users put info into some cells. I have tried "tools, protection, allow users..." stuff to select the cells I want them to have access to. Then protected the sheet. However when I try it out, I can only access 1 cell - not the all of the ranges I selected. I'm assuming I'm missing something out (or don't have a clue what I'm doing). Any suggestions? TIA Alan Hi before you protect the sheet select the cells which should be accessible and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked' After ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Macro to split the contents in a single cell separated by "," into next cell in that column
Hi, I have sheet 1: column A column B columnC WR# Phase SP# Row2 60625 1-0110 60625RB1,60625NS1,60625GW1,60625BB1 Expected Output on clicking a button: column A column B columnC WR# Phase SP# Row2 60625 1-0110 60625RB1 Row3 60625NS1 Row4 60625GW1 Row5 60625BB1 Is there a way to split the contents in cell C2 separated by comma (,) and place it on next cell in column C itself? Ple...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

How do I make my ERDs more automatic?
Hello all, I am currently working on finding a way to automize VISIO. What I mean by this is that I want to find a way to create some sort of database that is connected to more than one Entity Relationship Diagram and, when I make a change on an object on the database, I want that change to be reflected in all ERDs that contain that particular object. These changes would be things such as font, color, relations to other objects, etc. Is there any way to do this? I only have basic computer skills so I need simple explanations. Thank you ------=_NextPart_0001_007299F6 Content-Type: te...

Referencing other Office programs in a Excel VBA App
I din't like the way my previous post sounded, so i'm reposting... All, My Excel VBA programming is decent enough when I'm only working with Excel. However, I'm trying to expand my knowledge base and frequently I wish I could better interact with other Office programs, such as Outlook, in my Excel VBA apps. To better illustrate my question, here's a piece of code that works great (it populates a user form list with Outlook addresses) but I don't fully understand. Private Sub UserForm_Activate() Dim x As Integer Set objOL = CreateObject("...

Help please
When running excel (and word). A cell will suddenly fill with a series of dots and then random words like this: ...............he man place ther world Does anyone recognise this?I've just installed Norton Pro and it hasn't found any viruses. Surely though I have one. Can any one help? KLE Perhaps Speech Recognition is turned on. It might make text appear automatically. Choose Tools>Speech>Speech Recognition (if it had a check mark, it was turned on) KevinEvans wrote: > When running excel (and word). A cell will suddenly fill with a series of dots > and then ...

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?
I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in. Thanks! ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows c...

Where are my saved word?

maximum rows limitation in an access 97 table
we have an access97 db which has 32405 rows, is there such a limit of 32700 rows in access 97 and if there is, can this be rosolved by upgrading to Access 2000 or higher. > is there such > a limit of 32700 rows in access 97 No, the limit is that the database cannot be larger than 1GB. Check out other specifications in Access Help, using "specifications" as a search criterin in the Search Wizard. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "GM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07b501c3aadf$4d6d6630$a001280a@phx.gbl... >...

Automatically send out of office reply based on "show time as" sta
Can you set Outlook 2007 to automatically send out of office replies if you have appointments that show your time as "Out of Office"? "CaroleCarlo" <CaroleCarlo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5168334-0586-44E9-90C9-EFDE0F55F959@microsoft.com... > Can you set Outlook 2007 to automatically send out of office replies if you > have appointments that show your time as "Out of Office"? If you're using Exchange 2007 as the backend, you can specify start and end times for when the OO messages will be sent, but it isn't...

Getting Excel to return Hiragana using code/char functions
I have a Japanese computer which does this perfectly, but when I tried to use the worksheet on an English computer with Japanese language enabled, it only came up with errors. The code it was returning for the Japanese characters was much to low & putting in higher codes meant it didn`t recognise it. What can I do to make it work? ...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Scenario Pivot Table[Urgent]
Hi , will like to ask for help on excel scenario pivot table. I try to use the data from another spreadsheet and using the tools->scenario to create the scenario pivot table. But when i tried to refresh the data , the 'refresh data' is disabled and i'm not too sure why. Any idea?? Does scenario pivot table allows us to refresh data ?? Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...