Why the #DIV/0 error???

Good Afternoon All (depending on where you are in the world)!

So I am trying to sort some data using drop down lists and I am averaging
scores that have already been averaged.

I averaged five numbers horizontally and then copied over the formulas with
values.  Then I selected only one item from the drop-down menu and tried to
average those values vertically but I get the #DIV/0 error.  There are no
zeros anywhere in the values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brandy
0
brandy (10)
4/15/2009 8:27:01 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Can you post back the formulas, the values and how you constructed the drop
down menu? It's hard to visualise what you mean.

By the way,

'I am averaging scores that have already been averaged'

Averaging averages is fraught with danger, you can get false results very
easily, in fact nearly always.

Regards,
Alan.
"Brandy" <Brandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good Afternoon All (depending on where you are in the world)!
>
> So I am trying to sort some data using drop down lists and I am averaging
> scores that have already been averaged.
>
> I averaged five numbers horizontally and then copied over the formulas
> with
> values.  Then I selected only one item from the drop-down menu and tried
> average those values vertically but I get the #DIV/0 error.  There are no
> zeros anywhere in the values.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Brandy

0
alan111 (582)

VC++ MFC to VC++ 7.0 w/ MFC 7
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C3D9AD.F0EEB050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm in the process of moving my code base to Visual Studio .Net 2003 = using VC++ w MFC 7.0. The code complies correctly but the linker is not = resolving what appears to be CString entry points, e.g.,=20 CookieField.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: = void __thiscall CString::MakeLower(void)" (?MakeLower@CString@@QAEXXZ) = referenced in function "protected: vo...

Error Message File already open
I receive the error message in word or excel. That the file is already opened, but it is not. Only if I open word/excel first and then try to open the document trough the File menu, I don't receive the error message. please help. tnx, Koen Koen http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 03:52:13 -0700, "Koen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive the error message in word or excel. That the >file is already opened, but it is not. Only if I open >word/excel first and then try to o...

Integration Manager 9.0 issues after upgrade
I'm curious if there are any breaking changes in IM 9.0? After upgrading to 9.0, a number of previously working integrations have stopped working. It appears that they will still work if only one document is queried. The integration is based on two source tables, a header and details table with a destination of General Journal. Any suggestions? This is a silly quesiton, but did you reset you destinations? Also, did you just uninstall the older version and then reinstall version 9 and point it at the old IM.mdb file? -- www.fmtconsultants.com "R Zelt" wrote: > I...

CRM 4.0 : How to manage a datagrid in a form ?
Hello, I have the following issue regarding the management of a meeting : - manage invitation for at least 1000 people. - manage the type of people : participants, organizer, speaker - manage the answer to the invitation After the meeting, I need to check the status of the people invited (present, not present). I was thinking to use the appointment entity but there is no way to manage the type of people, invitation's answer ... If you have experienced this type of issue or concept, please let me know how did you manage it. Thanks, -- Cyril CRM consultant ...

Report in CRM 4.0
I created a report in CRM 4.0 using the Report Wizard. This worked ok for all users until I took the report and amended in it Visual Studio. Now I can only run the report when logged in as the administrator. I get the following error message when running the report as any other user An error has occurred during report processing. Query execution failed for data set 'DSOrganizationInfo'. For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors Any ideas? Thanks Ron Do you use the SQL Report Connector in...

A lot of 1000-error-messages
Hi, on my SBS 2003 R1 Standard application protocol shows several error messages. Source always is "Windows SharePoint Services 2.0", event id is 1000. The messages are: #5005b: An error occurred in event management component or #30002: Error 5 while opening reg key "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\Secure\ConfigDb" or (#5: access denied) and so on. These errors appeares every few days, always about ten of them within a few seconds. I do not use sharepoint components in my network, they were installed by default setup r...

0.201483 Got To See This ... 0.4858338
0.8983606 Got To See This ... 0.9263594 0.201483 Now Visit Tobacco Is Drugs 0.4858338 ...

1 company will not upgrade to 10.0
One of our companies will not upgrade from 9.0 sp3 to 10.0 sp1. The below messages appear. The following SQL statement produced an error: if exists (select * from sysobjects where id = object_id('dbo.GPS_CHAR') and sysstat & 0xf = 6) drop default dbo.GPS_CHAR ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The default 'dbo.GPS_CHAR' cannot be dropped because it is bound to one or more column. ...

Tools/References/Microsoft Word 10.0 Object Library vs 11.0
Hello, (I can go a year without asking a question, then it seems like I'm asking questions weekly... sorry!) Anyway, I wrote an additional feature for a client which works perfectly for me and for all the people/machines in one of my client's departments, but not the other. It gathers a few separate Word documents and combines them into one Word document - all within the a form's code in Access. The only difference is that in the department where is doesn't work, they have Office XP, and the department it does work in has Office 2003. We believe we've narrowed i...

Migrating Outlook Express 6.0 to Outlook 2003
I just replaced my laptop and the new one has Outlook 2003. Can someone point me to some instructions on how I can transfer all the data (emails, contacts, etc) from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. Thank you. RP, Do the latest update for office and outlook 2003. When that is done, go to the file and choose import export wizard in outlook and there will be an option to import your outlook express information Cheers "RP" <rajesh.paulose@chicagogsb.edu> wrote in message news:a0b201c497cd$71562f60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > I just replaced my laptop and the new one...

2 different accounts with different sign-ins at same firm for MM 0
OK, so I have 2 different accouts with different userids and different passwords at same institution. How does MM 95 handle this? I have the same issue with two Ameritrade accounts. Both Money 2004 and 2005 will only download one or the other. Not both. -z "Denis" <Denis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C774F84A-B089-4F71-A167-05C82DDE9053@microsoft.com... > OK, so I have 2 different accouts with different userids and different > passwords at same institution. How does MM 95 handle this? Didn't Cal post that you should use Money Help and ...

POS 2.0 and Ecommerce
Does anyone know if there is Ecommerce integration for Point of Sale 2.0? I see specific integrations for RMS, but nothing directly says for POS. Looking for something to start out with. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks, Tareef As far as I know, no. Bear in mind that POS 2.0 was never intended to be extended -- the thinking appears to have been that if you needed functionality that wasn't included in POS 2.0, you should go with RMS instead. "Tareef" <Tareef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:707E1B91-494B-4235-91C6-C18B1D2C77F9@microsoft.com... &...

div
can i put a formula to stop div/0 in the formula cells should there be no data in the cells making up the data? thanks for your help rob rob wrote: > can i put a formula to stop div/0 in the formula cells > should there be no data in the cells making up the data? > > thanks for your help > > rob Certainly. try +IF(A1=0,"",A2/A1) Thank you >-----Original Message----- >can i put a formula to stop div/0 in the formula cells >should there be no data in the cells making up the data? > >thanks for your help > >rob >. > ...

Save Dialog Box for Smartphone 5.0
Dear, I am developing an application to enable user to save file with desired file name, I can get a save dialog box in Pocket PC 5.0 using GetSaveFilaName API, but it dont work for Smartphone 5.0. Is there any way to get Save Dialog Box in Smartphone 5.0 using VC++. I would realy appriciate any help. Thanx Atif ...

1099 DIV
I need for the 1099 amounts to show up in both box 1a and 1b. Has anyone had any luck? I'm using version 7.5 Thanks ...

Upgrade Advisor 1.2 to 3.0 fails, schemaname invalid
We are in process to upgrade a customer installation from 1.2 to 3.0. The customer has himself done few adoptions in 1.2 and created additional attributes to the entity account. The problem is one of these attributes which contains a "Umlaut" (Ö) which is a German alphabet and this seems to be causing the problem in the Upgrade advisory. We are halted by this problem and need to find a work-around to this. Any one had the same problem? any idea how we can work around this issue? Is this a known problem? The customer databse need to be migrated from 1.2 to 3.0 Regards Max ...

Upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0
My RMS reseller upgraded me from 1.2 to 2.0. After doing so, none of my matrices work due to the fact that attributes and codes are not in the matrix dimensions. I have lost all customer purchase history, but I do have the totals they spent. I have lost all my purchase orders. They installed SQL express. I can not connect to either of my stores through HQ. Am I with the wrong reseller? Can someone help? Ouch- That has got to hurt- If I lost that Data, I would want to strangle someone. "lax guy" <laxguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDEE3830-4C03-4778-...

Problem loading and unloading dynamically a extension dll (MFC 7.0)
Hi I'm using a extension dll in a MFC exe dinamically. This is causing problems with deserialization of objects ! HMODULE h = AfxLoadLibrary(_T("my.dll")); // uses it AfxFreeLibrary(h); After this point, the m_pModuleState->m_classList of the exe CWinApp object is NULL and all CRuntimeClass information are lost ! Someone have a tip ? -- Leandro Gustavo Biss Becker http://go.to/leandrobecker "Leandro Becker" <becker@lit.cpdtt.cefetpr.br> wrote (abridged): > I'm using a extension dll in a MFC exe dinamically. > This is causing problems with des...

Is there a sharepoint integrator for GP8.0 and SPS 2003?
Is there a sharepoint integrator for GP8.0 and SPS 2003; I know there was one for 7.x at https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/BusinessPortal_Office.exe but I cannot find a newer version that will work with 8.0? Thanks, Rob ...

Error OLMAP132.dll
I have both the 2007 and 2003 Outlook installed on my laptop, Vista Ultimate x86. The other Office applications for each version perform ok, however, I can not open Outlook 2007 as I get this error. OLMAP132.dll. Any info and/or workaround would be appreciated. Jan :) To add, Outlook 2003 is *not* installed in this machine, only the 2007. Jan ) "Jan :)" <abuse@localhost.invalid> wrote in message news:On%23xLY35IHA.4468@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have both the 2007 and 2003 Outlook installed on my laptop, Vista >Ultimate x86. The other Office applications for ...

Does Anybody Have the Old Nudge.exe Utility for Visio 5.0?
I can't find it anywhere. Somebody has to have this laying around. This utility allows you to move shapes using the arrow keys, like Visio 2000-up does by default. If somebody would be so kind e-mail it to jz@removethis.zabram.com or post a link to where i can download it. Thanks! -JZ Wasn't that part of the Visio 5 setup? Randall Arnold "Slambram" <jz@blahremoveblah.zabram.com> wrote in message news:5hdi90hd738sajul050odeknlr65h8ti7h@4ax.com... >I can't find it anywhere. Somebody has to have this laying around. > This utility allows you to move shape...

#DIV/0! error 01-21-10
I have the following formula entered to compute the average of a range of cells and discount zeros. Until I change one of the zeros to a number, I get #DIV/0!, How do I get rid of this My formula is: =AVERAGE(Q8:Q18,"<>0",Q8:Q18) -- dbconn That formula will not give you either your required value or a #DIV/0! error. It will return #VALUE! because one of the 23 values which you have asked it to average is the text string "<>0". The other 22 numbers which you are asking it to average are two instances each of the elements in the array Q8:Q1...

Office 2008 v12.1.0 to v12.2.0 upgrade fails and creates corrupt Office installation.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel So here's my story. I upgraded to Snow Leopard from Leopard on my macbook pro. (MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core 2 Duo late 2006 model) I was running Office 2004 under Leopard. Office 2004 worked under Snow Leopard but slowly. Decided to upgrade to Office 2008 since it works faster under Intel based macs and found a $120 upgrade online. But before I purchased the software I downloaded the trial version of Office 2008. The trial installs v12.0.0 of Office 2008 and then applies SP1, SP2 and finally update v12.2.1. ...

Requeriment to client for GP 8.0
Hi, I really aprecciate if anyone can tell me what are the process that run in a client for GP8.0? thanks, -- Evelin. Evelin, Client minimum requirements for GP 8.0 are on page 18 of the Installation Instructions manual - is this what you're asking? Not sure what you mean by 'what are the process that run'....? -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Ana Evelin Rosa" <anar@segacorp.com> wrote in message news:6CBB0050-5F13-4A50-BFE6-D664B2A250EC@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I really aprecciate if anyone can tell me what are the process t...

RpC Error
On my Exchange 5.5 server, which was recently upgraded to windows w2k server, has started getting this error The RPC service has terminated suddenly. But the machine does do a force reboot like Windows XP does with the Blaster Worm with the same error. It makes Exchange kicked everyone to offline folders and then it needs to be restarted completely. This happens at a minimum of once a day Blaster also affects Windows 2000. Use this article to verify that it is/isn't the problem. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=826955 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provi...