Where is the personal.xls file located in Windows 7?

I do not have Windows 7 installed but I still need that information.

I know that in Vista it is C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft
\Excel\XLSTART\

Is it the same in Windows 7?

Thanks
0
no.reply7 (4)
6/25/2010 5:27:41 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:27:41 -0700 (PDT), Frank
<no.reply7@comcast.net> wrote:

>I do not have Windows 7 installed but I still need that information.
>
>I know that in Vista it is C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft
>\Excel\XLSTART\
>
>Is it the same in Windows 7?
>
>Thanks

That folder does exist in W7.  I don't use personal.xls so can't tell
you if it works from there.
0
ron6368 (329)
6/25/2010 6:24:46 PM
On Jun 25, 11:27=A0am, Frank <no.rep...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I do not have Windows 7 installed but I still need that information.
>
> I know that in Vista it is C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft
> \Excel\XLSTART\
>
> Is it the same in Windows 7?
>
> Thanks

Yes...Ron
0
oitbso (1)
6/25/2010 7:01:41 PM
On 25 juin, 17:27, Frank <no.rep...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I do not haveWindows7installed but I still need that information.
>
> I know that in Vista it is C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft
> \Excel\XLSTART\
>
> Is it the same inWindows7?
>
> Thanks

Book problems and solution for windows 7

This book takes you step by step to a new world. The world of Windows
7, even if the new system were not know how to use it. Explain
everything to you in pictures. You do not need to for a long time to
learn In order not to remain afraid of not being able to follow up on
your friends, neighbors or family members Problems and solutions for
Windows 7 Is a book for all. To small and great. Anyone who wants to
learn Do not miss the opportunity to acquire this book because it
relieves you of the trouble and the question Problems and solutions
for Windows 7 Is a book that speaks in the photos do not need to re-
explain Image talk. You are to become a computer expert Thank you, we
meet in another book.

You can see some pages of the book here
http://www.mediafire.com/?0kq443md7uyvrnn

Issue exporting contacst to CSV file from Outlook 2003
I am exporting contacts from Outlook 2003 (real machine lab) intro a csv file and when I load the file using the CRM>Import menu the file loads and I get amessage stating the csv file is corrupt, effectivley killing the process of importing contacts - I have to import 8000!!! - is there anyone out ther ethat knows about this issue? I need as much information as possible, metainfo: server 2003 - exch 2003 - sql 2000 sp4 - crm release 3 - Outlook offline enabled client, let me knwo fi you need any more info - Thanks in advance, dont panic...8000 is nothing. I have imported 15000 w...

Windows Mail After formating my computer
Hi, I would like to know if i lose all my e-mails and contacts and everything i have in my windows mal e-mail, when i format my computer. It is very urgent that i format my computer but i have to be sure i dont lose anything. Thank You. The short answer, you will lose everything on that partition when you form. You will need to back up what you need to save to another partition/Drive. "Catarina" <Catarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28620520-41CF-4A40-881C-B2BA780E97DE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like to know if i lose ...

NDR 5.7.1 when replying to emails
We are having some unusual NDR activity on a couple of our client networks and we just started getting the same failure on our network. We have only seen this occur when they are replying to a message. It then works a couple of minutes later when they create a new email and send it. We have checked all of the firewall logs and the message never attempts to leave the sending domain, so it is being denied at the sending exchange server. All of the servers are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Small Business Server 2003 w/ SP1 and all hotfixes. All servers are behind one or more of ...

Default Column width for .csv files
Is there a way to set the default column width and/or font size when opening ..csv files in Excel? I have a couple of columns that are not quite wide enough when opening a .csv file and I don't want to have to manually widen column. Can this also be done in the ActiveX "Microsoft Office Spreadsheet" used in OWC? -- Here to help and not to hinder. Any Ideas here? -- Do you think what you see or see what you think? "NetNathan" wrote: > Is there a way to set the default column width and/or font size when opening > .csv files in Excel? I have a couple ...

DPM 2010 RC Agent installation error on W2K8 Rx
rWjoHh2Hdti1G81IrDtB2pxL1rqxUjmuIuiKTcfah7orVTM+VCkZnZT7AOO0 SXJGzz/oGI3+a3F2o9E7eaP7P6TVdSLRosb2crgWOesXW92hHfaUijL5U09n 9PIRd4wXLa+xgZ7HpM1Ze4UrNx2j+QUKDu3QeltPcWrQc6o5inv5t73c0A27 CumNoUUbwZ0j1RWHdujINI16L9s1Alm7adAi1BMpdFdf01TsTLNNOouMSSsx AqVq0p6fJE4/SZUz9KrROLMMdXXJzm4Un4z1aesZFnmjcT5Fo/Hyef53aIeb S5btTsmS9a6WjLeTrEmrT09lKdMTrlZhmdydoy4pcSbq/CRhoy51B2SB8xud uReMlw2mRstP/dstYqKzdc1lUjI52zPO4xo+Y4bmWCyTy9WXXafWKNNO0Sjj gtEzLDq0R1rWTyv46Kjq0A63F7jMtbEK9xvoGStVoyd3aoxr3WSshVgyGSsB OXqlGrS4i0TeoR1uLqn7bXS2XrUjohfP2uI6TYb2SMHkrcdEs8BotHHbxjg4 tMNpkoLRTMR1oyemdqyXSlfKvD1ldTteagRJjWvBNc...

Auto start Outlook on Windows Startup?
Hi I know there must be an easy answer to this but... How do I get Outlook to Auto Start each time MS Windows starts? Any help is much appreciated. Cheers Jem place a shortcut in your startup folder... "Jem" <jeremy.turner@***NOSPAM***btinternet.com> wrote in message news:426e8303$0$304$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > I know there must be an easy answer to this but... > > How do I get Outlook to Auto Start each time MS Windows starts? > > Any help is much appreciated. > > Cheers > > Jem > Ahh... I did a search f...

Software to match an email address to a person
Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have to a person? I have a yahoo email address and I need to know the name of the person. Thanks, Jasper i don't believe it's possible...anyone can open a yahoo email account with any bogus name...if it's not in the "display", i don't see how you'd get a valid name... "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WPfENFEFHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have > to a person? > >...

2nd Post. Please help with Personal files
Hello, I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail on my desktop to written over. Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop e-mails. Thank You very much Mark Mark W. wrote: > Hello, > I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-m...

I can't seem to add a logo to my personal information
The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a logo to it. Any suggestions? Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kitsal" <kitsal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E384EDC-D43D-4EAF-84FD-4CC05086C816@microsoft.com... > The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a > logo to it. Any suggestions? ...

Can I Change the Windows Cursor in Dexterity form?
Hi I need to change the mouse cursor(wait cursor) in dexterity window. Is it possible through dex tool? Regards Jeganee Jeganeedhi, Look at the Dexterity Cursor_Set function. Warner "Jeganeedhi" wrote: > Hi > > I need to change the mouse cursor(wait cursor) in dexterity window. Is it > possible through dex tool? > > Regards > Jeganee Cursor_Set is an undocumented Dex function. The following are the parameters needed for the function to display different cursors. CURSOR_WAIT = 1 CURSOR_ARROW = 0 CURSOR_CHECK = 4 CURSOR_CROSS = 5 CURSOR_GLASS = 8...

What is Personal.xls
What exactly is the personal.xls file? I created the macro to create the file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it work) and now it opens with every excel file. I know I can delete it, but what is it used for? Thanks! When you start recording a macro, Excel asks where you want to store it. Your three choices are: current workbook, a fresh workbook, or your personal workbook. Personal.xls is the last choice; it's a single place to collect all your VBA code so it's available whenever you start Excel. -- HTH - -Frank Microsoft Excel MVP Dolphin Techn...

how to convert dat files?
I don't know how to convert .dat files into excel. Is it as simple as downloading an upgrade? How do I find out what file conversions are supported by excel? Hi you may explain from which program these dat files orginate -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "HungerArtist" <HungerArtist@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C61EF460-CE8E-46D6-A793-BB9F0B6EF8BC@microsoft.com... > I don't know how to convert .dat files into excel. Is it as simple as > downloading an upgrade? > > How do I find out what file conversions are supported by...

Is it possible to format a PSObject with a .ps1xml file?
This might be a totally ridiculous question...but here goes anyway: I have a couple of filters in modules that write PSObjects to output using code like: $x = New-Object PSObject -Property @{ one = "one" two = "two" } Write-Output $x There's just way more properties. How does one specify 'default' formatting styles for a System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject like you can with other types using .ps1xml files? That may not even be the right question to ask. What I'd like would be a way to define the default formatting for ...

cannot delete or rename file on desktop
i have a file on my desktop named con.stock030801.xls. i cannot rename or delete this file. the message that pops up says that the file should be renamed but it wont let me. any suggestions? The problem is that "con." (con - dot - anything) is a Windows reserved name ("con" is short for "console" (the screen) and is used with command prompt commands). I don't know how it was created but generally it's not possible. For instance I cannot rename a file to your file's name, nor save a new one with that name in Excel. So this is not an Excel probl...

Unsave file
Dear All, I have updated Excel file, but i was wrong to press the Button File Save to "NO". Please advice either there is any temporary file Excel in the computer...in order for me to save what i have done in updating the file... Your help is highly appreciated.. Andri Sorry, no. To save future tears, you may want to look at: file|saveas|tools|general options and check always create backup If you save, you'll get a backup copy built with a name like: backup of book1.xlk ===== And one tip that may help (also in the future)... If you know that you don't want to change ...

Digital File Attacments to Transactions
Another question... I see that Quicken 2006 has resurrected a feature they included in one of their earlier versions; the ability to attach digital images to transactions (paycheck stubs, receipts,...whatever). This was a *terrific* feature and really loved it. It saved me a *lot* of trouble, particularly when I had to produce a receipt for an item that I had purchased a long time ago, yet was still under warranty. I could go on about how useful this feature was to me, but I digress... I was a loyal user of Quicken and TurboTax almost since the beginning, that is until the TurboTax ...

Path\File name length problem Excel Crash on save as
I have a problem saving a file in code using: thisworkbook.SaveAs The problem is if the file and path length is greater than 150 then the Excel app crashes. I have tried this over a network as well as a local drive. Has anyone ever seen this problem? Thanks in advance, Stewart Rogers ...

Outlook Problem #7
It was suggested that to solve my problem, I need to uninstall and reinstall my TCP/IP stack as it may be corrupt. What exactly do I have to do to uninstall and reinstall. Thanks to all and hopefully someone can tell me. Regards, Pete Coppola New Jersey ...

Excel File
When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. The same file when opened on another PC received an error : read only. Please asuggest a immediate solution Can you right-click the file, go to properties and uncheck read only? -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "ritu" wrote: > When we received a excel file through mail , while opening the file i > received a error :corrupt file, run repair to to extract the contents. > > The same file when opened on another PC received an error ...

Importing into Excel from a Text file
We have a text database of about 7,000 rings. It is in a fixed format. Unfortunately some where we have about 4 or five rings whose format is screwed up. We figured by importing to Excel, we should be able to find where the records are to fix them. But, we just can't get the following format to import into excel. If anyone can help us, we sure would appreciate it! Thank you Greg Gates www.ringdesigner.com Each record begins with Begin Product Each record endswith EndProduct a semicolin seperates each record Also there are para symbols at the end of every line Herer are a...

Import QIF File no totals
When I import an investment account it has no totals. I also have 401k transfers from my paycheck that go directly into cash transactions of 401k account. Transfers that were imported (transfers from cash to investment) do not deduct my cash contributions since they have no total amount (all they have is # shares and share price). Now my 401k account balance is high by the amount of my contributions (this is because if values investments by number of shares I have and then it sees that I have additional $ in contribution account. In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: >When I imp...

Importing Org2 files
Office XP claims to import address files from Lotus Organizer 2.1/ Org 2. How is this done? I've tried every option to no avail. What option have you tried? Import and Export->From another program or file->File type...?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Billy <Highwaystar1@earthlink.com> asked: | Office XP claims to import address files from Lotus | Organizer 2.1/ Org 2. How is this done? I've tried every | option to no avail. ...

WHERE IS PERSONAL.XLS
I have just upgraded my PC and had to reinstall EXCEL2002. I am using WinXP pro. I have a copy of my old PERSONAL.XLS in which I have several of my personal macros. When I went to copy it into my new copy of EXCEL2002 I can't find the XLSTART directory or the PERSONAL.XLS file in the new installation ? Can anyone help me, please ? ... Roger Try typing ?application.StartupPath in the VBE immediate window to find it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Roger O" <roger46@skynet.be> wrote in message news:OSFzTV4hFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded my P...

Personal Folder #2
Greetings, I use the outlook 2000 as a mail appliction interface to the exchange 2000 server and save my mails in a personel folder then, I get a problem when i open my personel folder file (*.pst), i used "scanpst" tool to recover my *.pst file but it gaves me an error and stopped, My pst file is over 2Gega bytes and it include a very critical data to me. please help how can i recover my mails from that file? Your .pst file has exceeded the default limit for that type of file and is now probably corrupt. See this page for some assistance: http://www.slipstick.com/proble...

how to add ...person wrote...email address..reply
My question about Outlook: How do I have this entered automatically when sending a reply? "In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes:" Is there a website to learn this? Or is there software that will do this and some other such entries. The automatic...out of office...we can find.. I have not been able to find this online. Thanks. help... In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes: ...