What can we use as an equivalent to "Sleep()" in vb?

I searched through the archives and there were a few messages
discussing this but no actual syntax could be found (at least during 2
searches).

Is there any vb equivalent to "Sleep()"?

Thanks.  :oD

0
StargateFan
12/17/2007 12:54:53 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:54:53 -0500, StargateFan
<IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote:

>I searched through the archives and there were a few messages
>discussing this but no actual syntax could be found (at least during 2
>searches).
>
>Is there any vb equivalent to "Sleep()"?
>
>Thanks.  :oD

Oops, sorry.  Accidentally posted to wrong ng.  Pls ignore.

0
StargateFan
12/17/2007 1:00:27 PM

No problem.  Afik there is a system call which does sleep btw.

--
http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/search/label/Baby%20Steps
0
<ajt@nerds-central.com> wrote:

>No problem.  Afik there is a system call which does sleep btw.

Thanks!  :oD

0
StargateFan

What can we use as an equivalent to "Sleep()" in vb?
I searched through the archives and there were a few messages discussing this but no actual syntax could be found (at least during 2 searches). Is there any vb equivalent to "Sleep()"? Thanks. :oD On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:54:53 -0500, StargateFan <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote: >I searched through the archives and there were a few messages >discussing this but no actual syntax could be found (at least during 2 >searches). > >Is there any vb equivalent to "Sleep()"? > >Thanks. :oD Oops, sorry. Accidentally posted to wr...

Making an App wait 3 minutes without using sleep() function...
I'm trying to get create an process killer mfc app that checks every 5 min. for a process and kills it when it found it running... I'm trying to disable yahoo messenger chatting to my students while on a lab time. So instead of playing to the cat and mouse i want to run the app at startup and make it check for "YPager.exe" every 3 minutes... Since Sleep() make the PC work instaead of really sleeping, I want to avoid overuse of resources (CPU specially) Any clues? Best regards, Abu Abdillah. Try human engineering instead. Tell the little beggars that if they use IM in la...

Sleep() and Form_Timer() conflict
Hi. I am using this function to make Access wait a bit: Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal millisecs As Long) .... Sleep (1000) The problem is that in the same form, Form_Timer() is running and once Sleep() starts, the timer stops running (copying some variables to some text boxes, once, every 125 miliseconds). Can I have some help, please? Thanks H. Martins Try the following function instead of Sleep: Public Function Pause(NumberOfSeconds As Variant) '-- For use where you want to pause but still let '-- Access have some computer time. '-- From ghuds...

Problem with Sleep(); function in VC++ 6.0
For some reason when I use the code Sleep(1); which is supposed to be 1 millisecond I am seeing a delay of 10ms. Any ideas?? I need a delay of about 1-1.5 ms. Thanks >For some reason when I use the code Sleep(1); which is supposed to be 1 >millisecond I am seeing a delay of 10ms. >Any ideas?? That's to be expected with Sleep. The docs hint at it... "This function causes a thread to relinquish the remainder of its time slice and become unrunnable for at least the specified number of milliseconds". >I need a delay of about 1-1.5 ms. Windows isn't a real-time...