want to turn PT row data into column data

original data:

name  win loss score
paul   1        325
Jane   0    1   225
walt   1        400
nancy       0   200
jane   1        300
nancy       1   200
paul   1        365
walt        1   350

when i create p.t. I get (or a vague approximation)

paul
win  2
loss 0
avg  345

jane
win  1
loss 1
avg  260

walt
win   1
loss  1
avg  375

nancy
win 0
loss 2
avg 200

but this is what I would like:

name     win  loss   avg

Paul      2    0     345

Jane      1    1     260

walt      1    1     375

nancy     0   2      200
----------------------------

HOw?

tx

0
phynkel (1)
1/24/2005 2:19:48 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

phynkel,

Grab the gray data button, click and drag it to the column heading that says
"Total".  Then you should get your desired arrangement.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"phynkel" <phynkel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> original data:
>
> name  win loss score
> paul   1        325
> Jane   0    1   225
> walt   1        400
> nancy       0   200
> jane   1        300
> nancy       1   200
> paul   1        365
> walt        1   350
>

> when i create p.t. I get (or a vague approximation)
>
> paul
> win  2
> loss 0
> avg  345
>
> jane
> win  1
> loss 1
> avg  260
>
> walt
> win   1
> loss  1
> avg  375
>
> nancy
> win 0
> loss 2
> avg 200
>

> but this is what I would like:
>

> name     win  loss   avg
>
> Paul      2    0     345
>
> Jane      1    1     260
>
> walt      1    1     375
>
> nancy     0   2      200
> ----------------------------
>

> HOw?
>
> tx

0
Bernie

want questions

Auto re-center after deleting an object
Hi there, I am making montages for my company in Powerpoint. These montages are always very large (42x56 inches) and so i'm working at the 30% zoom. Whenever i delete an object on the slide, it automatically moves the view to the center of the slide. It takes so long for me to delete an object, then try to find where i was on the slide again. Is there any way to turn off this so-called auto-re-centering option? It's unbelievably annoying. Thanks Have you installed sp2? "Finding the next record in a column" <Findingthenextrecordinacolumn@discussions...

Find the last number in a row
Hi, I have lots of rows of data which are either a value between 50 and 200 (e.g 115) or "0". Each column is a specific week of the year, ie from 1/1998 to 52/2009, so the values run from left to right giving a number for each week, and when there is not an entry for that week, there is a "0". I need a formula to find the last number entry of each row. I could obviously do this by scrolling to the last week (52/2009) an looking back until I see the first number which isn't 0, however I need to do this for around 1600 rows of data. I would greatly...

I want more!

Problems changing x-axis with large data sets
I have relatively large data sets (for example 8 sets of 1500 x/y-values) that I want to plot in one chart. So far all is fine. But if I want to change the x-axis scale (to show the curves better, for example from 0-100 to 20-40), everything becomes very slow. Just to mark one curve or try to move the chart within the sheet can take one minute! If I do the same i Excel 2003, there is no delay or problem. Is there a simple solution, or do I have to stick with old Excel? Excel 2007 is a notoriously poor charting performer, particularly if you customize the scale of an axis. Excel 2007 SP...

entering a # each row adds 1 to the previous cell. Turn off?
When entering numbers in my spreadsheets each row adds another number. i.e., 2004 becomes 2005, then 2006. A telephone # becomes 811-6001, 6002, 6003. How do I turn that off so when I pull the corner down to copy it stays the same? You can right click and pull the corner and when you release the mouse you'll get an option of copy cells or hold down ctrl and pull down with left mouse -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "dbog" <dbog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C73C1B-4DC0-479F-BC57-8AF77E499991@microsoft.com... > When en...

How to insert Rows
step by step I enter in all my project information for Job A including all the customers under that project So I begin Job B Later on I need to add a row so I can add another customer that is bidding Job A How do I do this? Is there any way to add them in the same row and still have my coinciding table work? From your description, you are working in either Word or Excel... If you were working in Access, you wouldn't need to worry about "inserting" rows between other rows, since tables only store data, while queries retrieve it. If you wish to be able to sort your dat...

extracting data from a cell
I have this data that stored into several cells and each sell holds a combined 20 data entries in one cell seperated by a space. I was wondering is there anyway to extract that data with out having to rekey the numbers. We are talking about a combined 2000 line items if individually entered. An example is to store numbers 1-100 in to one Use Data | Text to Columns and use the space as a delimiter/separator. Regards Trevor "msam137" <mpsamuels01@spymac.com> wrote in message news:1109702417.132521.302110@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have this data that stored into...

graph, data lables value, dont show zero values
Re: graph, data lables value, dont show zero values I suppose there's a question somewhere. It sounds like you need to apply a custom number format. Whatever the format is now (for example, General or 0.00), use it as the first piece of the number format, then leave the other out. So the format will look something like General;;; 0.00;;; More on number formats: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Madeleine" <...

how do I populate a cell with data from another worksheet,
I have two worksheets, both with similar data. Say columns are Acc No, Acc Name and VAT number. Unfortunately the VAT number does not correspond on each worksheet. How can I populate 1 worksheet with the VAT number so that the data is collected on one worksheet? I have tried VLookup, but I'm not really converant with it so would appreciate any help. Many thanks Denise ...

matching & combining data from seperate worksheets
Hi, I am working on a data import and need to get the opportunity name from one data source into the appropriate row to matching shipments from another data source, I have two matching fields in each database. customer id and part number.. I need to search 2 columns of data by row on two seperate worksheets and return a seperate column if they match. Ex: Worksheet A: Shipment Data, Column C (customer id) & column F (Item Id) Worksheet B: Opportunity Data, Column A (customer id) & column B (Part Number) on worksheet A Column E, I need a formula that will search ...

Text want wrap in text box

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Row Height Adjustment
The row heights did not automatically adjust to display all the text contained in the cell. I can manually go thru the rows and adjust them to display all the data; however, there are too many lines that need to be done manually. I have tried the 'auto' adjust feature, but it does not work. In fact, if I have manually adjusted some of the lines and use the 'auto' adjust, the lines I have changed will revert back to only display some of the info. Is there a limit of data that can be contained in a cell? Has anyone else had this problem? Hi do you have merged cells i...

deleting a record after copying data
I currently have code in a form called workorders to execute after update to copy data over to a new form called Closed_Workorders. using two different tables (tasks and closed tasks) How do I write the code to delete the record once it is copied. "Thanks for your Support" Here is the code: Private Sub Status_AfterUpdate() If Status = "Completed" Then Dim StDocName As String Dim StDocnbr As String StDocName = "Completed_WorkOrders" StDocnbr = [Log_Number] DoCmd.OpenForm StDocName DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Forms![Completed_WorkOrders]...

How to automatically rearrange data on a worksheet.
Hi all. I am a noob when it comes to Excel, so I hope there is some of yo gurus who can help me out with a probably trivial problem. Thing is, I have a program that automatically logs data to a CSV file All the data is added sequentally to the file. If I open it with Excel it looks like this: Code ------------------- VarName TimeString VarValue Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:41 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:41 2 Test_tag_02 20-10-2005 13:41 3 Test_tag_03 20-10-2005 13:41 4 Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:48 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:48 2 Test_ta...

columns misaligned after save
I open a spreadsheet from a network drive, make my required changes, save the document, and exit. When my supervisor opens the spreadsheet, the columns are misaligned i.e. the first few columns have moved down by 3 cells. I only work with rows, entering data into exisitng rows. I do not do any cut-and-paste operations that might normally affect column alignment. Thanks for any help offered. Just some questions... Are you sure you and your supervisor are viewing the same workbook? If you are positive (I'd double check), do you have any macros that run in this workbook? MarkJames...

Averaging data
Hi, I have a really long column which contains numerical entries. What I want to be able to do is to average these values in sets of 8, for example. What I mean is that the average of the first 8 entries needs to be calculated, and the result displayed in the next column. Then the average of the second set of 8 entries needs to calculated and displayed in the same next column. An so on. How could this be done? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Alex. Try this: Assume the values to be averaged are in column A starting at cell A1. Enter this formula in C1 and copy down as ne...

how do I add 2.5 hours to a column of data
right now I have one column (C) of data with a custom format of h:mm AM/PM I would like to create a D column of column C plus 2.5 hours how do I format this? ....Lisa Lisa, The formula would be =C2+TIMEVALUE("2:30:00") It will probably automatically apply some inappropriate date-time format. Do Format - Cells - Number tab - Time, and select the time format you want. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:es7re7$h0f$1...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

select the number of rows using shortcut keys
Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR UPARROW) So what happens when you hit SHIFT + Downarrow? Should move down and select the next row as well as start row. SHIFT + END + Downarrow should select to next blank row. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:03:01 -0800, Naidu Samudrala <Naidu Samudrala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR >UPARROW) ...

can you create a chart in excel with alphanumeric data?
any ideas please? we have data as follows: y1 y2 y3 y4 name1 1 2a 3 4b name2 2a 2 1d 3a which needs to go in a chart but the alphanumerics (4b etc) keep being left out...) help! Do the Alpha numerics equal a value? or are they a lable of a point? If they equal a value, then charting can be done. Is they are a lable, can they be represented by a value, if not you may have to make a drawing rather than a chart. Charts plot values. "Pugwyrm" wrote: > any ideas please? we have data as follows: > > y1 y2 y3 y4 > name1 1 2...

Change field type to lookup column
Can you (and if so, how?) change the data type of a populated field to lookup from a table without losing all the previously input data? -- savannah Do not change the field in the table but in your form use a list box. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "savannah" wrote: > Can you (and if so, how?) change the data type of a populated field to lookup > from a table without losing all the previously input data? > -- > savannah Thanks Karl. However, forms are not being used at this time. Data is entered directly on the form. I do understand that this f...