want to convert number to word (eg) 1 as one

I would like to convert automaticaly the numericals into word format fo
example

In excel If I type 100.00 ( it should type automatically (one hundre
only).

Is it available in excel.

If anyone knows pls reply to my e-mail wintersc@vsnl.ne

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It is not available by default, but this is an often-asked question in this
forum.  You may want to do a search and see if you find your answer.
Otherwise, are you looking for a formula or a VBA macro? If you're looking
to put the text in a different cell from the number, then a formula will
work.  If you're looking to replace the number with the text, then you
probably want a macro.  If you can't find your answer by doing a search, let
us know which solution you'd prefer, you're sure to get a response.

"S.Ramanujam >" <<S.Ramanujam.16wxqj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I would like to convert automaticaly the numericals into word format for
> example
>
> In excel If I type 100.00 ( it should type automatically (one hundred
> only).
>
> Is it available in excel.
>
> If anyone knows pls reply to my e-mail wintersc@vsnl.net
>

> ---

tsides (114)
5/27/2004 12:27:13 PM
Hi
there're some macros/procedures to convert numbers to text. e.g.
MS Knowledge Base:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704&

Free Addin MOREFUNC-DLL which includes a UDF for this task (for various
languages):
http://longre.free.fr/english/

or have a look at
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip
It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
It contains two methods

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"S.Ramanujam >" <<S.Ramanujam.16wxqj@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:S.Ramanujam.16wxqj@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I would like to convert automaticaly the numericals into word format
for
> example
>
> In excel If I type 100.00 ( it should type automatically (one hundred
> only).
>
> Is it available in excel.
>
> If anyone knows pls reply to my e-mail wintersc@vsnl.net
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
5/27/2004 1:21:14 PM
Thank you Mr.Trevor for your response.  I would like to have simpl
formula type to convert number into text string.

Please help.

regards/s.ramanujam

Frank Kabel wrote:
> *Free Addin MOREFUNC-DLL which includes a UDF for this task (fo
> various
> languages):
> http://longre.free.fr/english/
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany *

which was recently fixed, as it was flawed.

frank is referring to the NBTEXT function

=NBTEXT(-Number,Language,Type,Unit 1 (Singular),...-)

ht

want questions

How can I edit an entry in the dictionary in WORD 2007?
I have some words added to the WORD 2007 dictionary that I need to edit [these are Mohawk words, so spelling is a bit arbitrary]. How can I edit or delete entries to the spelling dictionary? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/EditCustomDic.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "J Lightfoot" <JLightfoot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF1D0297-BB68-445D-9910-4203C0B3B99E@microsoft.com... >I have some words added to the WORD 2007 dictionary that I need to edit > [t...

I want more!

Converting Numerical values to Words
I am fairly new to the ins and outs of Microsoft Access 2003 but have been able to work through all of my problems thus far except one. I started using check boxes for storing user inputed data from a form. When the box is checked I have made it equal a value ranging from 1 to 6 according to the desired group. This stores the number in a table which I then reference many times in queries as well as reports. Here is my question, how do I convert from those stored numbers, taken from the check boxes, to words that can be easily outputted to a report so that anyone can read it without ...

Convert decimal degree (lattitude/longitude) into Degree,
Need formulae to convert decimal degree (lattitude/longitude) into Degree, Minutes, Seconds format. I have the following: Lattitude data of 0.1741463938 and to convert to decimal degrees, I muliply by 180 which gives me decimal degrees of 31.3463508840. Now I need to convert to a Degree, Minute, Seconds format (N34* 50' 56.04"). Note: the '*' represents the 'degree' symbol - did not know how to display the symbol. Need to also display whether 'N' (North) or 'S' (South) based on actual coordinate. For Longitude, I have data of -0.4758427618 *1...

Text want wrap in text box

Saving configurations in Word 2007
I have 800 word users that get mad everytime we update their word2007client and all indvidual configurations (don´t show spelling and grammatics, don´t show changes and so on) just vanish and is replaced by default. Any solution of this problem? How are you updating them? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Programming without XPathNavigator.SelectSingleNode (framework 1.1)

PM check numbering
Other than the user overriding the check number for a payables check run, is there a reason why a check number might be skipped? Thanks, M. M, When you go to enter a Manual Payment transaction, the default Payment Method is Check...if someone is recording a wire payment, but doesn't change the Document Number or the Payment Method, then the next available check number is used by this transaction even though you have not printed a check. Similarly, when you enter a Bank Transaction, the default Type is Check and if you don't change that or the Number, this transaction will u...

Text entered in two separate cells appear as one word in another
Text entered in two separate cells eg. A1 TOM B1 HARRIS how do I get these two words to appear as TOMHARRIS in Cell C1 Hi, =A1&B1 if you need a comma in between =A1&","&B1 if this helps please click yes, thanks "lizzie" wrote: > Text entered in two separate cells eg. A1 TOM B1 HARRIS how do I get these > two words to appear as TOMHARRIS in Cell C1 ...

Forum not posting my posts-- Send + Receive numbers
I'm having repeated trouble with my posts just not showing up at the forum. What could be causing ? This is 3rd attempt to post I'm new to Outlook 2003. In O 2000, when I did send/receive, the status box would display how many messages were downloading. In 2003, it won't display-- just does the green status bar. How do I turn on the number of messages indicator ?? Thanks in advance See the right bottom corner for the details. You might need to enable the statusbar; View-> Statusbar -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also...

microsoft excell file converter for quatro pro 7
I am wondering how to convert quatro pro 6 and 7 files to excell format. I have Office xp professional specifically version excell 2002. If any one can give me assistance on this I would be appreciated I've never had to do it but excel does support quatro pro. i'm not sure about your versions. click file>open. at the bottom ,click the down arrow of the type of file box. scroll to and select quatro pro/dos this will light up all quatro pro file. open and save as excel. I would try one first then look it over to make sure that all went well. >-----Original Message----- &...

Looking for a solution for one-way sync for two folders in outlook
we are running exchange 2007 in our company, and the clients are using outlook. i have enabled public folders and so we have company-wide contacts folder. We are also using Blackberry devices which are tied to the personal contacts folder in outlook for each user. Is there a way for a one-way sync between the public folder and the local contacts folder? and schedule it every hour or so? many thanks in advance ...

Calculating the missing number
I searched the archives and can't quite obtain the answer I am looking for. I have a table that allows for unlimited entries, but it needs to have at least 2 entries per Person (already connected relationally in a one-to-many). I need a calculated control for the form that can state how many more entries the Person needs by counting the number of entries that are already in the table. For example, PersonA has 1 entry and the control would state that 1 more is needed. However, Person B has 3 entries and the control would simply be blank. I plan to use the control in both ...

two page numbers per "page."
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to make a book pages... like a novel: One sheet of paper, sideways, with two columns of text (and TWO PAGE NUMBERS). You fold the pages over to make it book size. <br><br>I haven't been able to make the two columns each have a separate page number (except typing each one in). Thought maybe &quot;Sections&quot; but couldn't make it work. Looking for suggestions. Thanks. Hi, it would be possible to do so with section breaks, but it would be extremely tedious, as you woul...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Error opening embedded Word objects
I have a customer who received a Word document and an Excel spreadsheet embedded in a Word document. He can open the spreadsheet but when he tries to open the embedded Word document he receives the error "The program used to create this object is word. That program is not installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program that can open the object." Has anyone else run into this problem? The original document is in Word 2007 and the embedded document is also in Word 2007. A work around is to convert the embedded document into Word 2003 but ...

custom number formating in a merge table?
I am trying to merge fields into a table from an excel file and I would like to formating to appear the same as the excel formating. Some of the formatting in excel is custom ie. if the phone number is 1234567891 I want it to show as (123) 456-7891. How do I do this? See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originall...

"1235" appears as "One thousand two hundred thirty five"
please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or access for example : 1235.75 one thousand two hundred thirty five and 75/100 thank you for your help See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "H. Kan" <H. Kan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB4DE7F0-7D17-4138-BCF8-20192FF17AA8@microsoft.com... > please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or access > > for example : > 1235.75 > one thousand two hundred thir...

select the number of rows using shortcut keys
Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR UPARROW) So what happens when you hit SHIFT + Downarrow? Should move down and select the next row as well as start row. SHIFT + END + Downarrow should select to next blank row. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:03:01 -0800, Naidu Samudrala <Naidu Samudrala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR >UPARROW) ...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

Number 040
How can I put the numbers starting by zero? I want to put the number 040 as a number but it dont allow me. Any help... -- Drazic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Drazic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24602 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381894 to put 040, enter '040 but this converts it to text. Another method would be to enter 40 and then format the cell as custo and enter 000 in the box. Manges -- mangesh_yada ---------------------------------------------...