vlookup excel and access...

assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe
adta into mdb access?...

old scenario:
Private Sub TextBox25_Change()
Dim CODICE As Integer
Select Case Me.TextBox25
Case ""
Me.TextBox4 = ""
Case 1 To 8
CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25)
Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _
(CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False)
Case Else
Call MULTI_LINE_BOX
End Select
End Sub

new scenario:
Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into:

\\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB

and into this mdb have inserte a table USER_NAME with:

Field1(with the same data of column R)
Field2(with the same data of column Q)

is possible now to make a vlookup?

EXAMPLE:
Filed1 Field2
OI14006 PPPPPPPPPP
OI15535 GGGGGGGGGGGG
OI15795 HHHHHHHHHHHHH
OI16135 HDSFDDFDFD
OI16696 DFFDFDFDSFD
OI16780 EREREWERERWER
OI16821 AAAADSDASDAD

HERE THE MDB:
http://www.mytempdir.com/548579

0
gss.italy (5)
3/27/2006 6:00:23 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

Importing text files into Excel
Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to bring large text files into Excel. The data in the text files is separated by spaces. The spaces that separate the data vary in number. I have tried to replace the spaces with tabs while in Notepad but it takes too long. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Chris Open Excel and create a blank workbook. Then: Data | Get External Data | Import Data (this command might be something like Import Text File, if you are using an older version of Excel). Browse to find your file and click to Import it. Should open up the Text Import Wizard. Make...

excel calendars
I've created a two page excel spreadsheet. Tab 1 has all the raw data. Tab 2 has a 31 day calendar template and it is automatically filled in and/or updated once the data is changed in tab 1. The only manual work I have to do is put the days of the week at the top of the calendar. There is one flaw and I was hoping someone might have a solution. A traditional calendar always starts with Monday in the top left and works it's way to Sunday as you move to the right. My calendar on tab 2 starts with the 1st day of the month and moves on to the 7th day of the month on row 1. Hen...

Calendar control Excel
I have a calendar control on a userform in excel. I want to put th date from the calendar control into a cell on the spreadsheet. Tha ok, it lets me do one cell, when I try to click on a different cell o the spreadsheet, nothing happens. How can make the cells in th spreadsheet active so I can click on a different cell to use th calendar control to enter another date into a cell. : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Louis, Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Calendar1.LinkedCell = Target.Address End Sub Put this in the sheet module. -- Earl Ki...

Arabic/Farsi in Office 2004 (Word and Excel)
How do you setup Word 2004 and Excel 2004 to type right to left in arabic or farsi. I have enabled Farsi and arabic in the international pane of the System Preferences and I am able to type perfectly ok in TextEdit. However when I type Arabic or Farsi in Word 2004 the characters appear but they do not connect to one another as they do in TextEdit. Any ideas on how to fix this?? You can not type right to left in Office:Mac yet. This is certainly something to expect from the next version of Office:Mac... With Office:2004 dating from mid 2004, I can expect that the next Office might come out ...

Am I stupid, or is it Excel???????
1. We have a list of numbers. 2. We need to calculate the average of the numbers 3. We need to know how many numbers in the series are equal to, or greater than the average. This works well in two stages ie. =Average then =countif......but if these are nested as a single function Excel returns a zero value. Are we completely stupid (sensible answers only), or have we missed the point of Excel completely. Also, using the wonderful expression builders, returns the same zero value. Winner is entitled to a lifetimes supply of Cranberry Juice. Difficult to say without your formula! -- Ki...

outlook bug
error if we export a calendar to excel "Beim Importieren oder Exportieren ist ein Fehler aufgetreten und der Import/Export-Vorgang wurde abgebrochen. Der MAPI-Fehler 0X80004005 wurde gemeldet...." An error occurred while importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0X80004005 was reported. Please try to import/export later. other PC - same error no virusscanner - same error has anybody an idea Windows XP SP2 Outlook 2003 Franz Chernjak, you wrote on Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:50:00 +0200: > An error occurred while importing or exporting and the im...

Excel 2000 files open with Excel 2010
I have just installed Office 2010 but have retained Office 2000. All my Excel 2000 files now open with Excel 2010. I've tried going into File Types and selecting the Excel 200 executable as the file to open XLS files, but they still open with Excel 2010. How can I return the default program for opening XLS files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe instead of using C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\Excel.exe? I know I can open Excel 2000 and opening the files from there, but that is much more inconvenient. Any ideas? -- Ian -- To set a particular ver...

Inserting pictures causes Excel 2003 to launch dialup networking.
I just learned of a new bug...if anybody can confirm this please tell me how I can get around this issue. First of all, to replicate the problem...just disconnect from the web. Then launch Excel 2003. Then select Insert/Picture/From File option in the main menu. After the dialog box opens...you will immediately see the dialup dialog box open and attempt to connect to the web. I've tried disabling the Web services option in Excel 2003 to no avail. I still get the dialup networking connection trying to load in when I try to insert simple images located on my local file on my local ha...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

Is Excel unreliable ?
Pressing F9 / Shift+F9 doesn't update my calculated cells reliably, i.e. it just doesn't do it or gives wrongs answers. The only way to get the right answers is to drag down the calculated cells again and then press F9 / Shift+F9. Before going into more detail I just wanted to know if I am encountering a common problem ? -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ I don't understand what you mean by 'drag down the calculated cell' Also could we see the particular formula that Excel is getting wrong. I'm not aware that ...

Excel 2003 word wrap and unwrap
My boss wants to be able to word wrap and unwrap using a type of "toggle" like when you CTL + X to cut and CTL + V to paste. Is there such a way to do this? "wrapping" is done at the cell format level. In 2007 you have a button on the Home tab to do this, in 2003 you will need to build a macro to toggle it. Mares wrote: > My boss wants to be able to word wrap and unwrap using a type of "toggle" > like when you CTL + X to cut and CTL + V to paste. Is there such a way to do > this? Thanks Bob. I've never written a macro. Can ...

Bizarre Excel Mystery!!
Please take a look at my screen shot: http://home.comcast.net/~jporpiglia/best-buy/best-buy-screen.gif Look at cells B6 and B7. They are both centered. The contents are identical lengths, yet the contents of one is to the left of the other. Why is it doing this?? this is driving me nuts!! Thanks for any help! Julie "Julie P." <jporpiglia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:YNmdnc9yhNQa_xzfRVn-sQ@comcast.com... > Please take a look at my screen shot: > > http://home.comcast.net/~jporpiglia/best-buy/best-buy-screen.gif > > Look at cells B6 and B7. They a...

Companyweb not accessible from SBS SErver.
I HAVE SCOURED THE INTERNET LOOKING FOR A FIX FOR THIS. I have tried everything short of a Server rebuild. None of the Hotfixes do any good. I can access http://companyweb from any workstation but not from the server. -- Thanks, Tim This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_039B_01CAA97C.20B0D8A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please only post once and wait 20-30 minutes for your post to display --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Serv...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

Creating a word2000 document with access 2000 data
I have a database in access 2000 it is basically customer info. address and dates and timesof appointments. I need to place a button on the formpage that prints a letter using the customer details and the date & time entered in the database. Anyone have any clues as to the easiest way to do this.sort of done it using mailmerge but not what I want. Actually want a word document to pop up that the staff can just double check and press print. Any help would be appreciated even just a point in the right direction to a good source of information. to see if the following website's offer...

sum totals in excel
My excel sheet is set up with dollars and cents format account. I have used auto sum to total columns U6:U19. My formulas are in said columns. The excel total is less than the numbers in the columns when added up manually. I have tried entering round=(u6:u19) and I keep getting an error message in both the cells and sum total. How to I get the round feature and exactly how to I type in the formulas and auto sum? Thanks, SK try =ROUND(SUM(U6:U19),2) this will round to 2 decimal places -- Hope this is helpful Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked...

Excel XP
I am trying to import a text file into an Excel XP worksheet, every time I attempt this I get the error 'The file may be read only or I may be trying to access a read only location'. I can import the same text file to an Excel 2000 worksheet with no problems! Is there a security filter running somewhere in the background in Excel XP? Whats my problem? Can someone help!!! I've never seen this and don't know what causes it. But there was just a recent post that had the same problem. But their file was on a network drive. When it was copied to a local drive, the import w...

Trend Line constants as Excel Cell Values
I want to put the constants of a 2 degree polynomial trend line into Excel Cells. Are there formula's to do this? Equation is Y = Ax(2) + Bx + C. I want the value of A,B and C in seperate cells. Can anyone suggest how this can be done? Thanks -- Ken Hi Ken, Supposing your x-range is in A2:A10, and y-range in B2:B10, select a 3-column x 1-row area and enter the following formula and confirm with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER. =LINEST(B2:B10,A2:A10^{0,1,2},0,) Regards, B. R. Ramachandran "Ken" wrote: > I want to put the constants of a 2 degree polynomial trend line into Excel &g...

Retain Field Format From Excel
I have an excel file that I'm importing to Access. This field consists of "time"...hours, minutes, seconds. The format in excel is set to "Custom" - [h]:mm:ss. The data elements look like 150:27:50, 2:30:25, etc... The time stays the same for some records but others change. For example...150:27:50 becomes 6:27:50 AM when imported. If someone can help me figure a way to retain the format for all records I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You, Lisa W. 150 divided by 24 = 6.25 or 6 and 1/4 days which is displayed a 6 AM. You need to use a ...

How do I create a "dartboard" chart in Excel?
How do I create a chart that looks like a dartboard, i.e. it works like a radar chart, but is round and with the ability to colour different "rings" to represent different bands of scores? Try a Donut chart. This will give you the rings, and you can make 20 segments in each ring to build up the wedges. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Simon Davis" <Simon Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:779E3583-AD32-48B1-BAA8-D1C072CEC36F@microsoft.com... > How do I create a ...

Excel as Attendance Tracker
Merry Christmas Everyone!! I've posted this on another board - got lots of views but no responses so I'm hoping Santa will be good to me and someone reading this thread will have an answer. We have 100+ employees. We need to track PTO, Vacation in hours and then also log other instances of time away from work (f= fmla, t=travel, c=comp time, h=work at home). However these "other instances" do not need to be tracked in terms of hours used. The only suggestion that came on the other board was to have 3 rows per employee - not a good solution. My solution so far has been t...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

excel share on network
Is there anyway that 2 users can access a single excel file that is shared over network in a shared folder and both be able to manipulate the file at the same time. The reason being is we have one file that 2 offices needs to have open and occasionaly change whilst open. Thanks for any help with this. ...

Excel X Axis and square Grid
Hi can anyone help with these two questions. Windows 2000. Office 2002. Chart in Excel Question 1. When Y cooridinate is negative want X axis labels at bottom of chart and not along the Y = 0 axis. Question 2. Is there any way of automatically adjusting the max X and Y coordinates so that the distance between grid lines have the same value so that the grids appear square. Hi, Double click the x axis and on the patterns tab set the tickmark labels to low. See this for square grid. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SquareGrid.html Cheers Andy FGM wrote: > Hi can anyone help with ...