vlookup 2 columns

Hi,

I have in sheet1 data like this,just eg :-

Ord      Part       Date
890      123     01/02/2004
900      123     01/17/2004
900      492     01/17/2004
914      123     01/20/2004

But when i do vlookup in sheet2 the date column looks like this.
=vlookup(b2,sheet1$a$2:$b$4,2,false)

Ord      Part       Date
890      123     01/02/2004
900      123     01/02/2004
900      492     01/17/2004
914      123     01/02/2004

While vlookup,the date column takes the first DATE occurance for the
part.

I want to compare both the part no as well as order no while doing
vlookup.

I need something like =vlookup(Order no) & vlookup(partno)

Result should be in sheet2:
Ord      Part       Date
890      123     01/02/2004
900      123     01/17/2004
900      492     01/17/2004
914      123     01/20/2004

Thanks in advance
Rajkumar:p

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

=SUMPRODUCT((sheet1$a$2:$A$4=a2)*(sheet1$b$2:$b$4=b2)*(sheet1$c$2:$c$4))
and format as date

--
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil@tarkon.ee)
Arvi Laanemets

"Rajkumar >" <<Rajkumar.10h1nr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have in sheet1 data like this,just eg :-
>
> Ord      Part       Date
> 890      123     01/02/2004
> 900      123     01/17/2004
> 900      492     01/17/2004
> 914      123     01/20/2004
>
> But when i do vlookup in sheet2 the date column looks like this.
> =vlookup(b2,sheet1$a$2:$b$4,2,false)
>
> Ord      Part       Date
> 890      123     01/02/2004
> 900      123     01/02/2004
> 900      492     01/17/2004
> 914      123     01/02/2004
>
> While vlookup,the date column takes the first DATE occurance for the
> part.
>
> I want to compare both the part no as well as order no while doing
> vlookup.
>
> I need something like =vlookup(Order no) & vlookup(partno)
>
> Result should be in sheet2:
> Ord      Part       Date
> 890      123     01/02/2004
> 900      123     01/17/2004
> 900      492     01/17/2004
> 914      123     01/20/2004
>
> Thanks in advance
> Rajkumar:p
>

> ---

garbage (651)
1/23/2004 6:41:23 AM
This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/vlookup2.zip
It's in the "Worksheet" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

Look up on two fields with this alternative to VLOOKUP

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins

"Rajkumar >" <<Rajkumar.10h1nr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have in sheet1 data like this,just eg :-
>
> Ord      Part       Date
> 890      123     01/02/2004
> 900      123     01/17/2004
> 900      492     01/17/2004
> 914      123     01/20/2004
>
> But when i do vlookup in sheet2 the date column looks like this.
> =vlookup(b2,sheet1$a$2:$b$4,2,false)
>
> Ord      Part       Date
> 890      123     01/02/2004
> 900      123     01/02/2004
> 900      492     01/17/2004
> 914      123     01/02/2004
>
> While vlookup,the date column takes the first DATE occurance for the
> part.
>
> I want to compare both the part no as well as order no while doing
> vlookup.
>
> I need something like =vlookup(Order no) & vlookup(partno)
>
> Result should be in sheet2:
> Ord      Part       Date
> 890      123     01/02/2004
> 900      123     01/17/2004
> 900      492     01/17/2004
> 914      123     01/20/2004
>
> Thanks in advance
> Rajkumar:p
>

> ---

Importing pst files #2
After inporting a pst files I get a double up everything... inbox, outbox, sent items, etc. How to remove duplicates. Outlook XP Goran <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After inporting a pst files I get a double up > everything... inbox, outbox, sent items, etc. > How to remove duplicates. Don't import. Simply Open it from the File menu. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn...

Query problem #2
Hello, I know how to set up query parameters where the paramater entered provides a value for one of the query fields. What I am struggling with is setting up a parameterised query where the parameter entered is the first character in a field. In other words I want to parameteries a "begins with" criteria. In the Value field within MS Query I have entered Like '[parameter]%' which obviously isn't working. Can anyone tell me the correct syntax please? Thanks in advance Will replace the % with *. Different systems use different wildcard characters to make life spicier...

How to use goal seek on column
Hi! I have a formula in cell C which is dependant on values in cell A and B. I use goal seek to adjust the value in cell A to meet the goal for C. This works perfectly. However I would like this to be performed on all rows in column C. Is this possible? Example: Column A Column B Column C 1 1 =A/B 5 3 =A/B .... ... =A/B An answer would be much appreciated! /Daniel Hi, Goal seek is designed to work on one cell at a time only. Why not show...

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

Same report from 2 forms
The report has a text control that has an IIF statement that looks at a particular field on Form 1 and populates itself based on what is on that form. Now I need this same report to run from another form and populate the same text control with data from a control on Form 2. Only 1 form is open at any given time. With the report control set to Form 1, it displays #Name? when it is run from Form 2. Is there a way to check for #Name? and use the control in Form 2 if it occurs? If not, is there another workaround? RW wrote: >The report has a text control that has an IIF statement...

Need Help #2
Hi This is Rehan Akhter from Delhi india. I want to detect any external device(like USB, CD/VCD, Ethernet, Modem, Serial Port, Parallel Port etc) and the same time i want protect copying the data from our local drive to any external drive. Thanks in advance R e h a n You might want to post this question on microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel where the device driver experts hang out. joe On 11 Feb 2007 22:18:46 -0800, "Guddu" <rehan.akhter@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi >This is Rehan Akhter from Delhi india. I want to detect any external >device(like USB, CD/VCD...

2 more questions
First of all thanks to all of you who helped me with my workbook. I have 2 more questions to ask: 1. cell F2 has a SUM formula. I would like the formula to go automatically to F3 but this ONLY if A3 is not empty and to F4 if A4 is not empty and so on. Is it possible? 2. at the end of the day all data inserted in Sheet 1 go automatically to a hidden sheet and is deleted from sheet 1. is it possible to create a macro or whatever which can restore the SUM formula in F2 etc (as above)? Thanks again for your help Try this in F2: =IF(A2<>0,SUM(A2:E2),"") And drag down to...

Columns lost. Fix for all folders and subfolders?
One of our execs has lots of sub-folders under his inbox (Exchange account). Something glitched and all of his views no longer have the "FROM" column. I know how to add it back, but is there some way to add it back for a folder plus ALL sub-folders? Thanks for any suggestions. By the way: Outlook 2003. Jeff Hofstetter <jhofstetter@ghpd.com> wrote: > One of our execs has lots of sub-folders under his inbox (Exchange > account). Something glitched and all of his views no longer have the > "FROM" column. I know how to add it back, but is there some way...

Accruals in Human Resources #2
Coluld someone please verify the following? An hours available adjustment was made incorrectly which bumped an employee up to the maximum annual accrual amount - at which point, the system stopped accruing the hours for that paycode. The customer expects that as the available time is used (reduced), the accrual should begin adding hours back into the available time. It is my understanding that once the maximum hours cap is hit, the accrual does not begin again. Hours used would reduce hours available but if they have hit the maximum number of hours allowed they will no longer see a...

outlook signatures #2
How come my signature in outlook that i loaded wont scroll down when writing an email. It should step down in the email everytime i hit enter but soon im wringing over the signature. This happenes in outlook 2003, but not 2002 with the same html signature i created in publisher 03. What gives? Anyone? CP wrote: > How come my signature in outlook that i loaded wont > scroll down when writing an email. It should step down in > the email everytime i hit enter but soon im wringing over > the signature. This happenes in outlook 2003, but not > 2002 with the same html signature...

outlook 2007 Imap folder not downloading messages #2
I have 13 folders in my imap account. One folder stopped downloading messages. It shows 6 unread messages on the folder name, but there are no unread messages to be seen. Sometime last week, it just stopped downloading messages for this folder. I ran Scanpst across the pst file, but no problems were found. I tried resetting the views, but still no unread messages. This happened before and I had to redownload all messages - but I have 1 gig of email in my entire mailbox, I can't keep re-downloading email every 3 weeks. I think part of the problem is that I have a very slow internet c...

chart headings #2
I have a chart that apparently has a hidden text box in the upper left corner. When I go to this chart in the spreadsheet on the computer, the header does not appear. However, it does appear when I print the chart. How do I edit this 'textbox'? Hi, Are you sure it is embedded within the chart and not floating above it. If it is floating it will disappear when the chart is selected. If it is within the chart you should be able to use the up/down cursor keys to cycle through chart elements which will include the textbox. Cheers Andy Daren wrote: > I have a chart that appar...

HELP: Running two Macros, one before the other #2
I have this Excel spreadsheet in which I want to automate, I have two macros once called Macro_GetData, and Macro_FormatData. Both these Macros work fine, but when I try to automate them it runs the 2nd Macro before the 1st Macro is even finish. I tried to use the "Application.Wait" command but that just stopped the macros. What I want the macro to do is to run the first Macro (Macro_GetData) and when that's finished then run the second Macro (Macro_FormatData). How can I go about doing this? ...

#VALUE! #2
Can anyone answer this: When i paste in info from a web site, one of the columns contains numbers, yet when I try to refer to those numbers in formulas in other cells, it always comes up with the #VALUE! message, as though it were text in there, not numbers. Any ideas? Please refrain from multiposting, for a possible answer see your post in the worksheet.functions NG -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Cam" <kingsandmadmen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2c43601c39384$b28da7e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone answer this: When i paste in info from a web > site, one of...

Message Options (Delayed Emails) #2
Hi all, I have a user on my network who uses the Message Options often to delay emails in the Outbox to a specific time. Users OS is 2000 Pro/Office XP (Outlook 2002) and Im running Exchange server 5.5. (For example, the user can write an email at 1pm and click send and the email will sit in the Outbox until the specified time the user has set in the Message Options dialog box.) The problem is that sometimes the messages work and sometimes they dont. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks. ...

Column help please
I have addresses in one column in an excel worksheet. When I highlite the address, it shows up correctly in the fx box (showing name on one line, address on the next, city, state and zip on last “line). However, when I pick the any address in the drop down box I made, the address shows up as one long line, not as the multiple lines I need. How can I have this show up as I need? Ignore this post, already figured out "galgolfer63" wrote: > I have addresses in one column in an excel worksheet. When I highlite the > address, it shows up correctly in the fx box (showing na...

Fields not showing up in columns
I have a field titled PageNumber in a table that is not showing up in my columns, although it is checked in the design view and is not hidden. On the form view I have access to this field and it has all the entries, which would indicate that nothing has been accidentally deleted. What's happened, and how can I fix this so the page number column shows up in the table. The terms you are using and the way you use them are confusing to me. Access has 'fields' in table. Those fields are displayed in columns. When you say 'I have a field titled PageNumber in a t...

Credit card payments #2
Hello everybody - What is the best way to handle this situation? We will get an invoice from our phone vendor 'Verizon'. So we enter that invoice in GP. We then might pay it with a company credit card [AMEX]. How should we enter this into GP so that it properly reflects a payment due to AMEX, the Verizon invoice is now paid. Also are there any other modules or entries that should be considered? Michael, This might help: http://victoriayudin.com/2009/01/04/using-credit-cards-to-pay-vendors-in-dynamics-gp/ -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? h...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

Business Portal 2.5 GP 8.5 and IIS config details
I am currently trying to install Business portal 2.5 on my SBS 2003 that has WSS installed. My Dynamics GP 8.5 is located on another SBS 2003 with SQL 2000. The WSS install uses a server farm with SQL 2005. The install guide for Business Portal syas that I need IIS installed. It does not say what parts of IIS. It only says that I need to check IIS in Add/Remove windows components. I currentlly have only a few of the items checked in the details of IIS, from when I installed WSS initially. I find it hard to believe that I need to check all components of IIS. Are there particular items t...

Move Outlook 2003 Flag Status Column
Is there any way to move the Outlook 2003 Flag status column from the right side of the columns list to the left side. It appears that column is the only one that is static. From the look of things the flag column will always show in the right margin no matter where it shows in the field list "Jim Smith" <jim.smith@lcu.edu> wrote in message news:Ox7XCuQbFHA.1660@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to move the Outlook 2003 Flag status column from the > right side of the columns list to the left side. It appears that column is > the only one that is sta...

Blank message body #2
I recently upgraded to Office 2003 and am seeing problems in Outlook. The message body (text) is not visible in reading pane or when I open the message. I can see some of the text when I turn on preview mode. Windows XP Office 2003 I've tried the repair utility, but didn't see a change. ...

How can I do this? #2
Hi, Does anyone know of a formula that essentially looks to the cell next to it and if there's text in it put a number in. The numer needs to be one more than the one above it. So the first in the list will place a 1, then in the next row the number would be 2, then 3 and so on. But only if there is text in the cell next to it. Essentially I want a numbered list. Can this be done? Many thanks, Mark. -- mevetts ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29130 View ...

OE6 #2
am just about tearing my hair out - and there's not much to start with! Problem: I have set up my new computer - XP Pro - with two users. My e-mail address is CJ@bravomar.demon.co.uk, but anything that is sent to @bravomar.demon.co.uk will reach me - unlimited e-mail addresses, not uncommon. My partner uses two addresses: A1@bravomar.demon.co.uk & A2@bravomar.demon.co.uk I've set up OE6 on my user account with 2 identities which seems to work OK, but when my partner logs on to her user account, a separate OE6 fires up and not the one I've set up on...