Vista - Microsoft Office

I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have
installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it.

However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a
Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to
each time before the programme will launch.

Does anyone know how to stop this happening?

0
scohen (1)
12/6/2007 10:55:54 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You registered but did you activate?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have
>installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it.
>
>However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a
>Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to
>each time before the programme will launch.
>
>Does anyone know how to stop this happening?

0
Gord

Out of Office to internet recipients is not working
We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 with Outlook 2003 with XPSP2 on the workstations. A strange thing is occuring which I would appreciate some help on. I have searched the archive without finding anything: The workstations can't get the Out of Office assistant in Outlook2003 to work for internet recipients, this is working for exchange accounts. They are not using any rules or trying to do anything clever - turn on OOF and it says it is on - but incoming messages don't get an out of office reply. I have tried removing and re-installing Outlook2003 etc. but no good. No error messag...

VISTA
When I go to save my excel 2007 worksheet which is running in compatibility mode because I have VISTA I get DOCUMENT NOT SAVED can anybody help? Thank you -- Paula Paula, Your Excel 2007 is not running in compatibility mode because of Vista. Compatibility mode means you have opens a old Excel file made with a version that pre-dates XL 2007 Form the Start menu open Excel. It will open with a blank XL 2007 workbook Add some data and Save Tell us what happens best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PaulaC" <P...

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area on vista
Hp lap top, had my first bsod. had not changed anything in 6 days just surfing web. It was slow, and rebooted. bsod. I am in safe mode with network now, if i load into reg vista, it bsod. Here is what I have tried so far. not in any real order Restore to last up date 5/7 Failed restore to 5/4 failed, Restore to day before I added antivirus software 4/29 failed Ran spybot, safe mode Ran cc cleaner safe mode Ran chkdsk c:/r 8 bad sectors. Finally here. This is my work cpu, and i need to get the invoicing out. I have it backed up. I can access it through here. I will say this l...

Outlook 2003 crashes and restarts in Vista
Hi all! I'm hoping to get some help from all of you! After my laptop installed some updates it started to crash Outlook whenever I'm writing an email. I have re-installed Outlook and even uninstalled some of the updates I thought would be conflictive, however it still happens. Here's the error I'm getting: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.8312.0 Application Timestamp: 4a403990 Fault Module Name: OUTLLIB.dll Fault Module Version: 11.0.8313.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a793...

Vista not starting
Hi! My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the 'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory. Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not. The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three restarts It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and (I think) it did not start. Or maybe it ddid. I chanced to look at Event Viewer ( people should make it a practice to do so in the event of unexpected situations) and found a DHCP f...

ms office 2004 power point
Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an attachment to a pc? delwald <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an > attachment to a pc? Nope. Any specific problem you'd be experiencing ?? Make sure you don;t includ Mac specific media in the presentations though (eg PICT or .mov). Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP...

how to install php on vista
I try to install php on window vista by running window installer from php.net. But in Configure IIS, I can not find add new extension (.php) in IIS manager. Also there is no php5isapi.dll in php folder. I try to run test.php on localhost, it gives error message "The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration." Need help to solve this problem. Thanks. On 09 Apr 2010, =?Utf-8?B?eW9yaw==?= <york@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I try to install php on window vista by running wind...

Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM?
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you. Brian Having 2gig of RAM is a lot better than having 1 GIG or even 512MB. Go for it and you will not regret it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...

Office 2004 Picture Error
I recently upgraded to Office 2004 Standard Edition (11.1), and I am having an issue getting certain images to display correctly in Word. The latest version of Word for Office v.X (10.1.6) can accurately render the document that Word 2004 cannot render. The document contains a PICTURE of a table pulled from SPSS, a statistical analysis program. When displayed in Word 2004, the table has the correct lines, but all the text is layered on top of itself, rather than spelling out words left to right. Again, Word v.X displays the picture of the table accurately. Ideas on how to get Word 2004 to...

Zeros to blanks in Office 2010
I am importing data into Excel from Crystal Reports and would like to set my Excel defaults so that all zeros are set to blanks - I can do this for one worksheet but since I am bringing in new data on a regular basis into different workbooks - I have to do it each time. Is there a way round this so that the default setting for all workbooks is that a zero will be displayed as a blank? Thanks Try the following. open the default excel template (usually located on this location) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART\ Create a new workbook. Delete all but one of the worksheets by ...

Favorite feature about Vista
The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look better. I sent a message to Laredo Community College and I CCed Alejandra, so I hope Alejandra gets the message that this is not email. "Alejandra Contreras" <i1405104@cisnet.laredo.edu> wrote in message news:uY2t40AsKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The favorite feature about Vista on my opinion is the Aero that it has. > It creates a more visual look on the window and makes the graphics look > better....

Running Access 2000 database with Office 97 on W XP.
Would appreciate guidance on how to run an Access 2000 database on a PC running Windows XP/Office 97 (Access 97). Does it have to be redeveloped in Access 97, or can it be converted to a runtime? The application dynamically attaches tables, which I'm not sure you can do with a runtime version. Thanks ...

Outlook 2007, Vista and Unread Mail
Unread Mail no longer displays the number of new unread mails; instead, folders with new mails are displayed in bold. But when I click on Unread Mail, I can read the mails that are new. How can I get Unread Mail to display the number of Unread Mails, and the folders containing new emails to NOT be displayed in bold? -- Thanks, John Hi John, What happens if you right click on the Unread Mail folder and click properties? Is the "Show number of Unread Items" radio button selected? -- Benjamin Gay [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Installing an "Startup on Login" App on Vista or Windows 7?
To install a .NET app on XP so that it launches when the user logs in, all you had to do was add a folder named Startup to the User's Programs Menu object the Setup project's file system, and create a shortcut in that folder that runs the app's primary output. This does not seem to work with Vista or Windows 7, apparently due to the different location on the disk for the Start menu folder tree. What's the trick to get this to work on either XP, Vista or Windows 7? ...

Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script ?
I would like to use Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script, IF the laptop changes from A/C power to Battery power. and I want a second task to monitor when the laptop returns from battery to A/C power. I need help, I can not determine what settings to use once I select event as my triggers. Can any one help ? ...

2 BP install issues, framework and office server
I'm almost ready to install Business Portal but I'm getting 2 issues of the Prerequisite checker. 1st error is that it says that the .net framework 3.0 is installed. When i go to control panel I have both .net framework 2.0 and 3.0. Interesting enough when I go to the add remove windows componenets there is a .net framework there as well but it doesn't tell a version. 2nd error is that Office Server is not installed. Any idea where to find this on MSDN? I've installed Office sharepoint server 2007 previously but it doesn't get rid of the error. Thanks Jaydel D...

MSAccess2003 and Vista
I am running an access 2003 application as a Client Server, with the front end on users PCs and the _be on the server. Until now all pcs have been using WindowsXP. A new HP laptop has been purchased with Vista. I had difficulty initially running the application and relinking the _fe to the _be on the server -which is normally a straight forward operation with an XP machine but was unstable with the Vista machine. Eventually after a few tries I got the link working and the application worked fine for an hour or so but then just fell over. I have done the same thing a number of times but ...

Publisher using Vista Home Basic
I am using vista home basic and have installed Office Home & Student plus Publisher 2007. Initially in Publisher I was able to access all options of template but after changing the business logo I can only access flyers and blank pages. I have uninstalled both programs and reinstalled but still have the same problem. Would appreciate feedback. What happens if you delete the logo out of the Business Information, can you access the other templates? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Deidre" <Deidre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF1B7F85-3...

Business Office Equipment and Partnerships
Hello everyone, I m running a home business and found that there was no category to place my startup business expenses for my sole use business software like Microsoft Money and my new printer. Is there a category in which I can keep track of these expenses in which it will show up as a business asset in which I can depreciate later? Also, was wondering for tax purposes, how should I set up Money to keep track of my roommate/business partner's financial stuations? ...

2003 "color theme" file for Outlook 2007 / Office 2007?
Does anyone know where I can find & download a "color theme" file (.thmx?) for Outlook 2007 / Office 2007 which gives me the palette used in Outlook 2003 / Office 2003? I've tried a lot of web searching for that, with no luck. I know I can customize a "color theme" of my own, but I can't be sure I'd match the old colors as correctly as possible. Craig in NJ Did you try ThemeXP? Otherwise, I know of no options --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal acco...

If I get 'access denied' one more time with Vista I am going to go to Linux : I hate Vista, I despise Vista. I absolutely hate Vista!
From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not buy Windows 7, maybe never. "U S Army Veteran" <someone@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7Wdnfh2e4m3HYPWnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d@giganews.com... > From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not > buy Windows 7, maybe never. Sounds like you are too stupid to use Windows. You are a perfect candidate for that crappy Ubuntu. Get with Alias, he will be happy to get another user. Don't let the screen door hit your ass on the way out On Tue, 08 Dec 2...

Office 2008 #6
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Do I still need to have parallels running Windows, or will it run with Leopard (I have it I just need to upgrade). In article <ee98e37.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Kirby@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > Do I still need to have parallels running Windows, or will it run with > Leopard (I have it I just need to upgrade). Office 2008 is native to MacOS so you can run it in Tiger or Leopard. It will not run in Windows. ...

CAsyncSocket on vista
We have a Windows service which is a part of our product which uses CAsyncSocket to communicate with another EXE running on the same machine. I have used VC++6.0 to compile the code for the both the service as well as the EXE. The interprocess communication works fine on Win XP, Win2000, and other versions of Windows for the last 5 years. I compiled the programs on Windows Vista using VC++ 6.0. The 'win32 debug' configuration build seems to work fine. However in the 'Win 32 release' configuration build, the socket communcation fails. I ran the service using a debugger, ...

filter driver & embedded signature in vista-64
Is it possible to embed a signature in my x64 class filter driver? If so, does this eliminate the need to distribute an associated catalog file? Thanks dmm If the driver is installed using an INF file, then a signed security catalog file is required. Legacy (non-PnP) drivers that do not use an INF file are signed by signing the driver binary. IIRC boot-loaded drivers must have the driver binary signed - possibly in addition to having a signed security catalog file. Good luck, Thomas F. Divine "dmm" <dmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Extrace non office files which are embedded in word file(.docx)
I want to extract non office files which are embedded in word file. Files can be image files(jpeg,gif,bmp), PDFs etc. I could extract office files using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.InlineShape but for other it is not working. See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&l...