VBA Multi Number-Letter Sort

I'm sorting a list of old in-stock items, example: GEARS /   1/8_spur
1/4_spur     rack_1/4pitch.

It was all put into a single column. Now I could count left/ middle etc and
send it to a different sheet then sort the sheet etc etc etc etc.

I would be very happy if I could find a link to a source of vba code I could
change or use just to sort things like "3rd # 8 before 3rd # 4" or "W18x21
after W8x10" .

Can I do this simply with vba, I keep looking but it does not look
promising.

just wandering
thanks
rentapen

0
rentapen (9)
7/22/2003 10:46:15 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sum after Sorting #2
There is an Excel Spreadsheet like the following Project Value Sum Power 120 354 (Power + Computer) Computer 234 AV 123 Quest 200 In other words, the formula for 354 is "=B2+B3" There is a requirement that we have to sort the first column in ascending order but keep the sum still be the value for Power & Computer (as follow) Project Value Sum AV 123 354 Computer 234 Power 120 Quest 200 I have tried a number of ways but still cannot get it fixed. Is there any suggestion ? Hi! Based on your example in the second table it lo...

Quote Number
I would like for users to go into a form and reserve a quote number. Would like the quote number to be auto-assigned using mmddyy (then count 01 to xx for the day) followed by their initials. Basically result would be 02280801TR for the first then 02280802TR etc....Not mandatory for the Initials if you could solve the autonumber mixed date field...Initials could be another field in the database and could combine later. Thanks Tony, I would place the below on the AddNew button: DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Me.txtQuoteID = StrReverse(Format(Date, "mm")) & Format(Date, &quo...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Add sequences of positive then negative numbers
I have a long list of random positive and negative numbers in column A. Id like to be able to add sequences of positive then negative numbers as they occur. For example... in the list 5,-1,-5,-3,2,8,-1,-3,9,7,5,11,-5,6,5 ... i would add the positive numbers until the next number in the list was negative, then add the negative numbers till the next number was positive, etc. The answers for the above list would be 5, -9, 10 , -4, 21, -5, 11 Any ideas ? -- judoist ------------------------------------------------------------------------ judoist's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

auto number
I was wondering how to go about setting up a work sheet to so as soon as I click in the first row that I will be adding data it would automaticly mark that row Number 1 and when I enter new data in the second row it automatically puts in 2, and so on? Thanks -- Eddie Hi Eddie - Try this: (Excel 2003) You don;'t give much info about how your spreadsheet is set up so try this: Let's assume you have all of your field names in the first row and the A col will hold the auto number. 1. In a2 type: =cell("row",a2) 2. Select Data from the menu 3. Select Form from the dro...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Jump to the item in a list as the first letter is pressed
I have couple of large lists with alphabetised data. Is it possible to have intellisense, like if P is pressed on the keyboard, it should jump to P, if H then jump to first name with H as the first letter, like that. It does not happen with the lists I have(by default)?Is this possible? Thnx Here is one way you could try, but it will go there and filter at th same time (you may or may not want it) :shock: If your list is in contiguous rows and columns, meaning no blank rows no blank columns, then setup autofilter. The dropdown list accept first letter Autofilter is setup using toolbar&...

RMA and serial number tracking
We are using GP 9.0 Has anyone else seen where you create a crosship RMA for a serial tracked item, then receive, close and post the invoice -- and the serial for the failed part that you recieved back into a new inventory site, is still showing up as an equipment item for the customer. Further, the serial # you sent out as a replacement does not show up anywhere in the customer's equipment list. It does not even do the "serial # supersession" within the failed part's record. How are you supposed to accurately track what a customer has returned and what you sent t...

Last Number in a column to that is not equal to zero
I have an inventory worksheet that I am having trouble with. The total daily inventory column updates daily. At the end of the column, I want a formula that gives the most recent inventory number. For instance 1 15,358 2 15,358 3 19,520 4 19,520 5 19,693 6 0 7 0 8 0 9 0 10 0 11 0 The final field in the inventory column would read 19693. There will always be a whole number for inventory, so the zeros will be replace with the number once the daily inventory is completed. one thing you can try. If you have a header row add +1 =COUNTIF(A:A,">0") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Softw...

Total number of items in a sale should be displayed in POS screen
Before you tender a sale it is always a good idea to compare the number of items the customer is purchasing to the number of items rung in. If your customer is buying 10 items and only 9 have been entered, you want your salespeople to know this. RMS does not display the total number of items in a sale anywhere in the POS screen so verifying that all items have been entered is difficult and therefore not done. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&qu...

Numbers in Columns
Hey! I am wondering if anyone knows an easy way to write a column of numbers (say beginning with 401 and ending with 499) without having to type in every number - whats the easiest way to do that? Hi kelly one way, type the 401 in a cell move the cursor over the bottom right hand corner until you see a + (this is the Autofill handle) hold down your control key and then your left mouse drag down the rows let the mouse go and then the control key. Cheers JulieD "kellyaek" <kellyaek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13B3469B-46A2-4A5B-A619-CE83F5C4DDDF@micro...

vba select field

VLOOKUP in VBA

Number Format #10
Hello I've got a large spreadsheet which was imported. Apart from the first 2 columns, the rows consist of number which I need to filter, but this isn't working. Then I noticed an apostrophe before each number in every cell, which doesn't show in the cell but up in the formula/text bar. I've set all the columns to numbers but the apostrophe won't go away. Please can someone tell me how I can without having to go into each cell as there are hundreds. Thank you J Select all the columns with these "numbers" in them, then right click the tab at the bottom of t...

Add a set number to a random entered number
I have to start a vehicle service record and am trying to add the 6000 mile service interval to the mileage at service number. EG. A B C D 1 6000 12000 2 12125 18125 3 18200 24200 etc A is the mileage at service and C is the next service due.I am trying to do this without having a cell with a line of 6000 in it and the formula eg =SUM(A1:B1) in the C cell.Is this possable?Hope some one can help. Hi =A1+6000 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Cyclops" <Cyclops@discussions.microsoft.com> skre...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Revision conversion to a number suggestions ?
I have a problem with Revisioning conversions. I wonder if any one has any ideas on how to do this better. One of the elements in my database is drawing numbers and their Revision letter. ie drawing GA123 Revision A . the next drawing would be GA123 B and so on. My problem is when the drawing rolls all the way to GA123 AA or Even 3 Letters in the revision ie Rev ABZ. Currently i take the asc value of each letter and add them togeter to get a number representing the revision. example Rev AB would be 65+66 = 131 so when i compair drawings to see if a new one exists i can just...

highest number
Hi This is my first post. please could anyone tell me how:) if i have for instance 7 cells with different numbers in each cell' ie 21' 56' 87' 99' 21' 33' 15' how can i make another cell automaticall show the highest number from the other cells (in this case the cel would show number 99. Thanks Ji -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If they're really numbers (not text), then =max(a1:a7) and there's an =min() function, too. And a couple of siblings you may want to read about in excel's help: =large() =small() "jim w <...

Numbering Raws
Hi, My query gets date from several tables: Tpurchase, TProducts, TContract, TBuyer... After ordering the query data by Contract ID (many contracts to one dealer) and by purchase date (many purchases to one contract), I would like to add another field as raw number. This is so i could later create a running sum for the purchase amount by purchase date rather then by purcahse ID. The problem is that purchases from earlier dates may have higher ID since they are entered in delay. So... How do I created numbering for the orders? On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:11:04 -0800, doughnut <doughnut@d...

Built-in Number Format "#,##0_);(#,##0)"
I want to display my negative numbers in parentheses and should be able to use one of the built-in number formats. I select (Format > Cells)(Number tab) and in the category listbox, select "Number". The last two items in the Negative numbers listbox do not have parentheses. The built-in number format that should contain parentheses, "#,##0_);(#,##0)" has actually changed to "#,##0_);(#,##0)" Has anyone seen this before ? I could create a custom number format but this should be built-in. Hi James! You'll get the last two number options to include ()...

Number of categories
I need to make a macro to change the between tick-mark labels with a value depending of the total numbers of rows, but I do not now the VB code to put the number of categories in the graph. I'm not a expert in VB coding, any help is appreciated, Thanks, jos post specifics "Jos" wrote: > I need to make a macro to change the between tick-mark labels with a value > depending of the total numbers of rows, but I do not now the VB code to put > the number of categories in the graph. > I'm not a expert in VB coding, any help is appreciated, > Thanks, jos ...