VB distmon?

Hi I have recently installed Office 2003.  A couple of wired things happen
in Excel:
>  Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile
error in hidden module: Distmon"  Every time open the program I get  the
same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew"
>  Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it
tells me cannot find project library.
any ideas?
Thnaks!

Alan

0
alan7147 (17)
1/30/2004 1:44:24 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Alan

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410
OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
     Word or Excel

It refers to PDFMaker.xla as being the problem.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:44:24 -0800, "Alan" <alan@alan.com> wrote:

>Hi I have recently installed Office 2003.  A couple of wired things happen
>in Excel:
>>  Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile
>error in hidden module: Distmon"  Every time open the program I get  the
>same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew"
>>  Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it
>tells me cannot find project library.
>any ideas?
>Thnaks!
>
>Alan

0
Gord

VB distmon?
Hi I have recently installed Office 2003. A couple of wired things happen in Excel: > Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile error in hidden module: Distmon" Every time open the program I get the same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew" > Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it tells me cannot find project library. any ideas? Thnaks! Alan Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Sta...

Excel VB
I have two cells in a workbook that are dates. The cell Start_Date has a valid date in it. The second cell Test_Date is either blank or has a valid date in it. The IsDate test on both cells works fine, however, on a blank cell the Month function extracts "12". Anyone know why? I had to put the month function within a test for IsDate to make it work. Seems like Month function on a blank cell should return something other than a 12. Dave Test code: If IsDate(Range("Start_Date")) Then 'Cell has 11/01/09 in it. MsgBox ("start date a d...

Cannot Add any window to VB
Hello: I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that there's a lot of load errors starting GP. For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it, There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our p...

vb from VC++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb) provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to use, and to make sure you have a basic understand...

VB in Excel
In Excel I go into Visual Basic Editor, then Visual Basic Help, but when I type 'Passwords' for example it will bring up a list of related items, but some of them you can't select. Does this mean the installation CD is corrupt and hasn't installed all the components? I have reinstalled and repaired the installtion but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? Help! Thanks ...

VB.Net program to create XML file
I need to create an xml file from a VB program using fields returned from an sql query. I have a template that was provided for me and need to use verbatim. Since this is just a text file, I gather that I can just write out the file with all of the tags, etc., and name it .xml. Assuming that is correct what I might want to do is create a template so that if this file changes the names of the elements, all I have to do is change the template and if more elements get added I can then add them. Is there a tool that can do this for me? If I have to create one, any suggestions as to what I ...

VB Script
Hi all, I need a VB script code to verify whether a specific Local user ID on a remote machine, in workgroup, is having a specific password. For instance I need to check whether target machine consists a local user "DSADMIN" 's password set to "Pa55word". If the target machine consists this user account and the password is also correct then it should return TRUE else it should return FALSE (or something similar). Below code tries to reset the password on target machine by providing same old and new password, if it fails that means the password set on target...

VB++ Exe zum Ansprechen einer VB ActiveX DLL
Hallo zusammen. Ich ben�tige eine EXE, welche in einer DOS-Box mit Parametern aufgerufen wird und das Ergebnis auch wieder in dieser DOS-Box zur�ckbringt. Mit VB ist dies leider nicht zu machen. Nun weiss ich zwar das dies mit einer VC++ Exe geht, bin aber leider C Neuling. Kann mir dazu jemand ein Beispiel posten ? Die C++ Exe soll einen auf der Commandozeile �bergebenen String (das sind die ganzen Parameter) an eine Funktion einer VB ActiveX DLL �bergeben. Das Ergebnis soll dann von der ActiveX DLL an die C++ Exe zur�ckgegeben werden und in der selben DOS-Box angezeigt werden. Hoffe es k...

Sumproduct in VB
I want to be able to use the sumproduct function in code to calculate some fairly complex formulas. Within the sumproduct function I'm trying to use a selection critera. The range "Wave" is a named range. This works fine in a regular worksheet function. It multiplies the cells in columns A and B where Wave = 2. =sumproduct(--(Wave=2),$A$1:$A$100,$B$1:$B$10) In VB I have the function below, which surprisingly works just fine as written. For now ignore X... Function mytest(X as Variant, rng1 as Variant, rng2 as Variant) as double mytest = Applicatio...

How can I read NTbackup BKF files using VB .Net pls?
Hello, I want to write a utility to extract files from backups in BKF format created by NTBackup. Does anyone know please if there are any libraries or built-in functions to open BKF files in VB .Net? Thanks, - Alan. Hello, I have the same problem Did you find any solution ? Thanks Pascal frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb/How-can-I-read-NTbackup-BKF-files-using-VB-Net-pls ...

VB Macro to VB Application
I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS 2008. I don't know how to get the Application to run against an Excel Worksheet. Can someone help? Thanks "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23GDVlhxBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS >2008. If you mean a VBA macro then moving it to VB is usually pretty easy but VS 2008 is not VB, it is VB.Net, and that's a very different language. This group is for VB 6 and earlier versions and doesn...

Retreive emails Using MAPI in VB using Outlook 2003
Till outlook 2000 we had a way to retrieve emails by Reconfiguring Mail Support. Clicking the Corporate or Workgroup option you can download mails from a VB application automatically using MAPI and other Outlook objects without ever opening Outlook. This doesnot happen in Outlook 2003 and there is no option like this to set. Can any one please help me. Thanking you. John Supakin. Hi John, Outlook 2003 is already in "Corporate" mode, and MAPI subsystem is always installed even if you use Pop3/Smtp account only. MAPI spooler is integrated into Outlook 2002 / Outlook 2003 (it...

VB Drag and Drop in DataGridView?
All, Pardon the cross-post. I've used other (C#) code snippets found around here to try to implement drag-n-drop in a DataGridView, to give the user a way to sort the data in the grid. I'm mostly there - I am able to drag, see the cursor change to drag, and when I let go, the row I dragged leaves it's original spot. Problem is, it "drops" into a black hole. Here's the line I'm trying to "drop" with; TBL_TimersDataGridView.Rows.Insert(RowIndexOfItemUnderMouseToDrop, RowToMove) The full code is below. Can anyone tell me what I...

Performance indicator
Hi, I would appreciate someone's help on getting the following macro correct in the way I would like it to perform. I have a file which measures key elements for eg. Revenue, net etc... What the macro does - Plan/Budget figures for the full year are mentioned in Col D. Actual figures are entered in col DE, DF, and DG titled Jan., Feb., and Mar., The Actual figures are added in Col DC titled YTD (performed by the Macro). The Actual figures are annualised and compared to Plan. A horizontal bar is created either in Green, Yellow or Red depending on the performance. A vertical line showin...

XML serialization of custom collection class in VB
I have a custom collection ... clFile that INHERITS from NameObjectCollectionBase the problem is, when I try to create an xmlserializer instance i get an error You must implement a default accessor on brWAP.clFile because it inherits from ICollectio I must be having a thick day because I dont have a clue what the error message means. (I have written a defaut property called ITEM in the clFile class 'Classes to abstract a FILE entity that is persisted in the databas Imports System.Xml.Serializatio Imports dalWAP.dalWA 'A worker class to get the data from the Database and save it b...

syntax question
Given the following code (found on this site..) With ActiveSheet.Range("B:B") Set FoundCell = .Find(what:="whatever", _ after:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _ LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False) End With How do I tell VB to look in Cell H1 for the what:="whatever" ? ie. I want to use the value found in the Cell H1 not the text "whatever" I've tried every co...

While in excel calling VB (ALT+F11) & the VB Help (F1) to do a search
Hey guys, I seemed to be stumped by something one of my users notice while in the help file. When we go to "Index" and the do a keywor search for "database" for example, it brings down a list of 143 topic to choose from. The problem is that out of the 143 topics listed, i you click on many of them no information pops up on the right hand sid of the window. Examples of topics that don't work are "CreateRelatio Method", "ReplicaID Property", "RegisterDatabase Method", "Valu Property", "TableDefs Collection", etc. etc. Has ...

Outlook 2003
I'm using an Access Database to send out notices to customers about orders processing. However, when I initiate this, it has created an error with the new Office 2003 about the command "item.send" in Visual Basic. I'm not a programming 'guru', so I don't know how to by-pass this message. Otherwise I have to hit the YES button like 500+ times a day...and that's just not feasible. Does anyone know a method around this through Outlook? Chuck Since you didn't post the original message, we have no idea what problem you are having. When replying to ...

VB 6
hi I am UK based, does anyone know the best place to buy Visual Basic 6.0. I want to familiarise myself with it so I can do some more programming and also add VB to Excel and other applications. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ No recommendation about VB, but you do not have to have VB to program any Office app that includes VBA support. If the necessary Office components have been installed, ALT+F11 will activate the VB editor. Note that Office apps use Visual Basic for Applications, which is nearly identical to VB itself. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Exce...

VB
I've modified some windows with VBA to perform database queries and return the results in a field in those windows. In one particular window, the SalesTransactionEntry window, I create the ADODB.Connection, ADODB.Recordset, and the ADODB.Command. The problem is, I want to manipulate them in the SalesTransactionEntryDetail (Grid). So I made the Recordset and Command, rst and cd respectively, public. My question is pertains to the scope of the public variables. Where else are they visible? If I create a public variable called cn in this window and in another totally unrelated window, am...

Referencing a Filed name in VB Code
I want to check if 16 fields in a recordset are null or not. The Filed names are Module01, Module02, Module02 etc I am assigning the name of the field to a variable and then checking if filed value is null or not. I am having problems referencing the fields name For intmodfieldcnt = 1 To 16 ' If intmodfieldcnt < 10 Then strfldname = "Module" & "0" & intmodfieldcnt Else strfldname = "Module" & intmodfieldcnt End If with rst If Not IsNull(rst.Field(strfldname) Then ' This is the problem line Do subroutine Else Sk...

Calling Web Service
I have created some add-ins in VB.Net. I want to call some of the webService methods which is also created in VB.Net. Currently I am getting an error Object reference not set to an instance, when I call the WS method :-( Can any one help me out plz and also tell me if its possible to use WebService for RMS ? Waiting for ur reply... :-( Thanks in advance Vicky.... :-) Once you are into your Process() method, you have already done everything that is specific to RMS. I can't think of any reason that you wouldn't be able to call a webservice. You're not trying to pass any RMS...

Link to the VB
Months ago, I asked about hiding/unhiding multiple sheets using VB. A link was posted where I could download the free VB by one of the MVPs. I lost the link. Can anyone please post the link again here. cheers Hi .... McNiwram, This is something that you can find the answer for yourself and you are probably the only one who would recognize what you are looking for. Generally one would put their email address into a Google Groups Search, but can use the email address or the name with the email address, since your name is unique you could use McNiwram in the author field. However, ...

Access to vb.net converter
Hi Has any one checked this access to vb.net converter? http://www.microtools.us/anetvb7.aspx Any good? Thanks Regards ...

vb.net/networking....Turn on print Auditing for all Printers on print server using vb.net or VBS?????
I wondering if someone can help me with something. I need to be able to turn on Printer Access auditing for all printers on a print server at one time. I could go through the Security tab setting and turn this on for each printer, but I'm dealing with about 100 printers. Is there anyway I could do this with VBS or vb.net? Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...