Using worksheet name as reference

HI

I have one master sheet with around 50 rows in it. For each Row there
is corrosponding worksheet. e.g. Row #23 will have corrosponding
worksheet named '23'. I want to populate some data from worksheet 23 in
Row no. 23 in master sheet.  How should I refer the sheet 23
automatically using Data 23 in cell in the row ? If type   ='23'!B21 I
can get it but I want to automate it so I'm refering to cell instead of
23 which is ='A12'!B21 here it gives error because I'm making formating
error.
Pl. help .
thanks.

0
ssuryarao (4)
9/1/2005 7:55:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

Try this:

=INDIRECT("'"&ROW()&"'!B21")

Regards,
KL

<ssuryarao@gmail.com> wrote in message
> HI
>
> I have one master sheet with around 50 rows in it. For each Row there
> is corrosponding worksheet. e.g. Row #23 will have corrosponding
> worksheet named '23'. I want to populate some data from worksheet 23 in
> Row no. 23 in master sheet.  How should I refer the sheet 23
> automatically using Data 23 in cell in the row ? If type   ='23'!B21 I
> can get it but I want to automate it so I'm refering to cell instead of
> 23 which is ='A12'!B21 here it gives error because I'm making formating
> error.
> Pl. help .
> thanks.

Thanks KL for quick clue !
Instead of RoW() I used column .. That really helped. Thanks a lot !

0
ssuryarao (4)

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

E-mail Name
I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- mail, the names for my contacts are first last. I would like them to be last, first. I tried going into the Tools, options, contact options, name and filing options but it didn't work. Help! Find the properties of your Outlook Address Book service (method depends on mode in which OL2k is installed - this can be found in help | about) and you should be able to set the display defaults as "file as" rather than the inane "first last". Lisa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- > ...

using forms

Multiple Worksheet
I'm not sure how to explain this, but here we go. I have a workbook w/ multiple worksheets. The first worksheet is titled ALL. This includes all information from other worksheets. How can I have certain information transfer to other worksheets by recognizing initials? Basically if the "All" worksheet has has an S listed it - can I transfer to worksheet titled Scott w/o the beating of copy and paste? Thanks in advance. -- bonzai18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bonzai18's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=g...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

In Excel, how do I insert User Name (author) in a cell.
The function =CELL("filename",A1) returns a file name and sheet name in a cell. How can I obtain the User Name? You can write some VBA to do it. Sub Return_UserName() Sheets("sheet1").Range("A2").Value = Application.UserName End Sub -- Excel_Geek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26423 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398347 And to return just the filename (if you like) you can use this for...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

Refresh data in Protected worksheet
Does the work sheet protection work properly when refreshing data from access. I have the range I want to refresh Unlocked and unhidden and the rest of the worksheet protected, but when i refresh it tells me the worksheet is protected and I cant refresh. Is there something I'm missing or is this a shortcoming of worksheet protection? KT just hazarding two guesses. are you talking about a macro that does it? if so... are you providing a password to unprotect before you refresh the data? ActiveSheet.Unprotect "password" 'your refresh code would go after the above sta...

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Recalc of SUM() that refers to a cell across a range of worksheets
I'm using Excel 2003 w/ SP2 and have encountered a problem I don't recall having before. I have a workbook where a summary sheet is used to aggregate the values in each of the cells in the rest of the sheets by using a formula with following syntax: =sum('sheet1:sheetx'!Cn), where "sheet1" is the name of the first sheet in the range of contiguous sheets, "sheetx" is the name of the last sheet in that range, "C" is the pertinent column letter for a cell (the columns in this workbook represent years) and "n" is the pertinent row numb...

Allow temporarily use of right click

help with cell referencing in named ranges
I have a named range covering about 30 columns of data. I'd like to lookup within the named range based on values in the 1st column, and a specific date which is the label on top of each of the other 29 columns. I have typed in a new column number as necessary, but I'd like to automate the column number by looking at a separate cell which gives the date. Ex: Dates across the top of the named range are 1/1/90, 1/1/91, etc thru 1/1/2003(in sheet1). Lets say I have a cell in sheet2(d1)that has the date 1/1/2003. In that same sheet starting in cell a1 I have a value which ...

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

Identifying Dublicate names and addresses in Exel data base and r.
How does one Identify dublicate Names in an Exel Data base and remove them H see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicate s http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateR ows >-----Original Message----- >How does one Identify dublicate Names in an Exel Data base and remove them >. > ...